Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1990742 12/05/22 12:27 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
According to the form on https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/upshot/cleveland-browns-nfl-playoff-picture.htm

If the Browns win out, we have an 85% chance at the playoffs. If we lose another, it drops us from 85% to the range of 60%-27%, depending on the team we lose to. The three-division games are critical. Does anyone know HOW BAD Lamar's injury was? His playing or not could be critical, but then again, we struggled to beat Huntley too.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I like to be positive, but I can't see us making the playoffs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Jackson has a knee sprain that the Ravens say is not season ending ... but I would have to think that he will miss two to three games. This is subject to change tho.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
I think the Jets/Chargers losses really doomed us. And we all kinda had a feeling at the time.

We have to win and out get a little help. Not sure that is happening lol.

I really just hope Watson starts looking more comfortable and like himself as the year ends

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The way the tier 2 teams are playing in the AFC, anything is possible at this point

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
The way the tier 2 teams are playing in the AFC, anything is possible at this point

This is how I feel. If DW can get it together this week, we have a real shot, but we can't make stupid mistakes. The Ravens are our most significant issue, and they only scored 13 on NC, lost to the jags by 1, and scored 10 to win by one against Denver. And now Lamar is down. Ski has Cinci's number, it seems, but they can't be taken lightly. That leaves Pit, WAS, and NO. We have the talent to win out if Ski can get it out of them.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/05/22 03:44 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Now let’s take the QB out of this statement, talent at key areas will also win you games. Now, it won’t be the same winning chance percentage as having Rogers, Brady etc on your team. Our team showed that last year. So on roster talent alone possible winning chance will be pretty solid. As long as Brissett manages a game average to above we will be in games. Two things will affect this outside of coaching and a few other reasons: injuries can kill ANY team’s season and how the ball bounces.

What I mean by how the ball bounces, you hear the stat every year with some random team….team ___ lost 4 games by a combined total of 6 points. One play here or there and the game would’ve been a win. Need an example if that isn’t clear? Raiders game a few years ago and the bad ball spotting we got.

This was part of one of my posts before the first game of the season. I separated the sentence in bold.

...we have lost 4 games this year by a combined total of 9 points.

As I said at the beginning of the year, there is always games that if you take a mistake or two away from the game, then it's a close win than a loss. Teams are too talented in the league. It's just a part of the game, but one of the main goals is to minimize mistakes (i.e. key penalties, turnovers, missed opportunies) to have the best chance to win.

P
Legend
Legend
P
That's why good teams find a way to win while bad teams find a way to lose. The devil is in the details.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This is how i feel too. NFL is razor thin in a lot of ways when it comes to W/L. Think about our games against Carolina, NY Jets, Chargers, and Atlanta … all of them were inches
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's why good teams find a way to win while bad teams find a way to lose. The devil is in the details.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Playoffs? Playoffs?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Thiz year it would be nearly impozzible even if you win out and here iz why.

At the yearz ztart there are only 4 eligible playoff zpotz for the Brownz, win the afc north, or get one of the 3 wild cardz.
getting the wild card zpotz are almost entirely contingent on reaching 2nd place in your div, instead of 3rd or 4th place.

Then, it'z alzo a help if the other teamz in the AFC that are not in your div. are alzo not very good.

Thiz year, given the Jetz, Dolphinz, and Billz have been playing well, one way for the Brownz to make the playoffz, AFTER/IF they win out iz to azzume 2 of these teamz have lozing recordz in the final weekz. or I and 4. But if they continue playing like they have, then they will take up at least 2 of the 3 zpotz, and the Brownz lozzez to the Jetz, and Patriotz, already would diz@ualiffy them in tie breakerz from a plyoff zpot if they and the Brownz have the zame record.

For that reason, I think, it appearz the eaziezt way for the Brownz to get the one remaining zpot in the wild card would be to achieve 2nd place in the AFC North or win the AFC North.
Today, the Five and Zeven Brownz are 3 gamez behind both the Ravenz and the Bengalz both 8 and 4.
and there are only five weekz to play.

Winning out the Brownz by rule would gain one win against both the RAvenz and the Bengalz, and have a head to head tie break by zweeping the Bengalz if the zame record against the Bengalz.
But would only have zplit with the ravenz who beat the Brownz earlier.

Zo, the eaziezt way to have the Brownz get to the playoffz, azide from holding off Pittzburg who haz an identical record at this point, but the Brownz would get a win against IF they win out,

iz hope the Bengalz, loze to the Brownz, AND 2 of their other final four gamez. and hope that the Ztllerz beat the RAvenz, and the Ravenz loze whenever pozzible except when playing the bengalz.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Dude, give it up with your ridiculous overuse of the letter 'z'. Just type normally... and don't give me crap about the key being broken or anything like that. You've been doing this junk for like two years and in half your posts your forget and you have plenty of "s"' in them.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

5 members like this: tastybrownies, OldColdDawg, superbowldogg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He really can't help it since he got mad at his computer.

This is actual video evidence of THROW LONG and what he thinks of computers and keyboards.

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

T
Legend
Legend
T
No one wants to read that. not good enough. all the s have been copy and pasted or added by spellcheck like in the word onside spelled with a z
whatever, I can never, and it's only been since around September, which capitalizes I see now,
@, cue, and the number one were the first to not work. I didn't know how to make a capital s until last week because sunday does not spellcheck to capitalized, but Saturday does. but if you go fast and don't stop to paste a hundred s
to get a point across no one wants to read that.
`~2@3#4$6^8*0)=+ adfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,./ I feel like Joe Pecsi and the purple suit in "my cousin vinny" z works for cousin
Noone wants to recap the remaining schedules of the Bengals, Raiders and so on, Knock it off type normally.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Bruh... you can get a cheap keyboard for 10 bucks these days. Shame on you for being cheap and killing my eyes with your Zs; I thought we were friends.

BTW- I do the same crap until it gets on my nerves, but never copy/paste single letters. Smh. I must have a dozen old keyboards in a box in my basement and three or four newer ones in my office storage closet. One of these days, I need to have a big garage sale.

1 member likes this: tastybrownies
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
If we beat Cincy this weekend, I’ll hold out hope that we can still make the postseason. If not, it’s over. Jets, Chargers, Falcons, Ravens. - Had they pulled one of those games out, it would have made a huge difference.

Legend
Legend
I have at least 4 or 5 keyboards laying around my house. I'll send you one that works, if you need me to.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
I always just thought he used “Z’s” symbolically to show how asleep our franchise has been?

3 members like this: tastybrownies, OldColdDawg, PrplPplEater
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Zymbolically Azleep? lmao and smh.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Zymbolically Azleep? lmao and zmh.

Fixed it.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Back to football 🏈 . We have to win next week and then the week after that

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This may have already been posted. It is a pretty cool playoff projection site:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

T
Legend
Legend
T
Probably Never,... not since the AFC north became the AFC north from the AFC Central, have all 4 teams had a winning record 3 and 2 or better over a five game per them period.
I'm guessing, pretty much betting,
not even all 4 having a winning record of 2 and I or 3 and 0 over the previous 3 game period is common at all. But
Ravens
w
w
w
L
w
current week

Bengals
L
w
w
w
w
current week

Browns
W
L
L
W
W
Current week

steelers
L
w
L
w
w
Current week

Legend
Legend
Cincy is really gaining steam. For us to beat them today would be a big feather in our cap and would make things interesting down the stretch, especially with Baltimore losing Lamar for a bit

P
Legend
Legend
P
The Browns have beaten the Bengals five times in a row. Why should today be any different?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The Browns have beaten the Bengals five times in a row. Why should today be any different?
From your lips to our players ears!

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
From your lips to our players ears!

You realize he is saying that only because he wants to trash the Browns if they lose, right? He's a troll.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Weren't you just calling out other posters for name calling? Hmm, funny how being two faced seems to work well in some people's minds.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
If the NFL changed the rules to allow I4 teams from each conf. in.
How about eleven?

J
All Pro
All Pro
J
Nice
Mayfield 3 wins 0 losses against Burrows.

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
O chance of playoffs.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
O chance of playoffs.

There was never a chance. People were just lying to themselves to maintain some level of hope.

T
Legend
Legend
T
They can lock the thread now, after today it's over.
Turn out the lights as the door shuts.

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Exactly.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Can't believe how many posters on here predicted the
Browns would be a playoff team this year......based on what ?

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I predicted 6-8 wins and last place in our division. I wanted to be wrong but it sure looks that way now. The 8 wins was too optimistic. Saddest part about it is we had 3 games right there to win and blew them or things would be very different now.

B
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
B
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
No one wants to read that. not good enough. all the s have been copy and pasted or added by spellcheck like in the word onside spelled with a z
whatever, I can never, and it's only been since around September, which capitalizes I see now,
@, cue, and the number one were the first to not work. I didn't know how to make a capital s until last week because sunday does not spellcheck to capitalized, but Saturday does. but if you go fast and don't stop to paste a hundred s
to get a point across no one wants to read that.
`~2@3#4$6^8*0)=+ adfghjkl;'zxcvbnm,./ I feel like Joe Pecsi and the purple suit in "my cousin vinny" z works for cousin
Noone wants to recap the remaining schedules of the Bengals, Raiders and so on, Knock it off type normally.
No need to recap. I don’t care about 85% prior to today or 60% after today’s loss. The reality is they most likely will not be in the playoffs.

Legend
Legend
We could lose out and I wouldn’t be surprised now. Either way, we lost this season when Watson was suspended past 6 games.

Thinking we could keep the ship afloat wasn’t going to happen … and brissett played very well too

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Can't believe how many posters on here predicted the
Browns would be a playoff team this year......based on what ?

How many were there? I don't recall seeing very many. Most of the posts I read were all doom and gloom.

Legend
Legend
J/c

I just saw we have a .4% chance to make the playoffs lol. Cue Lloyd Christmas

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Playoff Scenarios

Link Copied to Clipboard