Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
As a former Republican, I ask ANY Republican HOW can you support a criminal as the LEADER of your party. As a businessman he is a crook- please don't say he didn't know about LYING about compensation "benefits"- off the books- for employees. The CFO is now serving his sentence for his misdeeds. "The Donald"- married how many times, adultery how many times, sued in business how many times, stiffed how many individuals, companies, cities- hasn't paid them for services. Two years after election, still LYING about stolen election, started his own social network- Truth Social. Why? Because he got kicked off of multiple platforms for spreading...wait for it...lies...but his platform is called TRUTH Social.....this can't be real, this guy is the best Republicans can offer to LEAD the nation. Lastly, as a PAST President he thinks he OWNs national secrets- they are HIS. Plus he fostered a movement to steal the election for himself- he's got lots of nuts out there spreading the word. Damn, ain't he great. ANYONE but TRUMP or BIDEN. Peace.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
The saddest part in all of this is that the two major parties ended up giving America the choice between Trump and Biden. I get exactly what you're saying in regards to Trump. It seems as though the republican party abandoned much of what they claimed they stood for by endorsing him and it's why I make the distinction between Republicans and Trumpians. I know people say that you could write in someone else when voting. But there's no way they would be elected. So we knew we would end up with trump or Biden as the next president. It's a shame when most Americans have to hold their nose at the stench in the voting booth.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
JMHO, I voted straight Republican ticket last time, BUT voted for Biden because of what Trump is.....I dislike our border issue, but can't condone what Trump did- separated families/kids from parents. I'm all for tough love- put them all in tent cities until they are deported....unless they go thru real immigration system. I wonder how the midterms will turn out- economy stupid...or do Demos show up in numbers due to Roe vs Wade...etc.... sure wish we had younger/ less offensive members in both parties....I'd vote for female Cheney in a heart beat....sad she's leaving. Politics is so DIRTY on both sides.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
[Linked Image from newsaura.com]

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by hitt
JMHO, I voted straight Republican ticket last time, BUT voted for Biden because of what Trump is.....I dislike our border issue, but can't condone what Trump did- separated families/kids from parents. I'm all for tough love- put them all in tent cities until they are deported....unless they go thru real immigration system. I wonder how the midterms will turn out- economy stupid...or do Demos show up in numbers due to Roe vs Wade...etc.... sure wish we had younger/ less offensive members in both parties....I'd vote for female Cheney in a heart beat....sad she's leaving. Politics is so DIRTY on both sides.

I voted early today and for the first time in my life, I voted party line all the way down the ticket. I don't care how bad crap is, this country needs these MAGA GOPers out of power.

Legend
Legend
willynilly rofl

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by hitt

I voted early today and for the first time in my life, I voted party line all the way down the ticket. I don't care how bad crap is, this country needs these MAGA GOPers out of power.

Don't forget to keep voting right up to election day. I am sure your Democratic polling place will accept you with open arms over and over again.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
My democratic polling place? Are you inferring that Dems control the polls in Ohio? rofl That alone shows how misinformed you are.

Legend
Legend
Don't forget to keep voting right up to election day. I am sure your Democratic polling place will accept you with open arms over and over again.

Damn, dude.

Q:
[Linked Image from writeups.org]

The
Max.

What side of Reality was home base for you, during your 'Wonder Years?'
My God.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Right, SuperBrown, only trouble is lots of folks voting twice in Florida were investigated...only couple found, they were REPUBLICANS. The country is so split, Ariz citizens- Republicans/ showing up armed at poll booths- ain't we great. ANY idiot voting for Republican MAGA folks with their conspiracy theories out the wazo are just nuts. But they got a vote. I pray to God the Democrats get out the vote- can't have any more loonies like Greene- how she could be elected....damn shame. Peace. Former Republican for decades- now very anti any MAGA idiots.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

bet you he won't get the ticket.

not one is going to vote for him

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
lmao i can't believe this dude is really gonna run again in 2024 thinking he's gonna win.

watching the conservative base in a civil war right now is sad....but like a trainwreck, i cant help but watch and be entertained.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Swish
lmao i can't believe this dude is really gonna run again in 2024 thinking he's gonna win.

watching the conservative base in a civil war right now is sad....but like a trainwreck, i cant help but watch and be entertained.

trump doesnt care about winning. He is going to get people to give him money. That is the only reason he is doing this.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P

That's what everyone said, including the Republican establishment in 2016. The question becomes will he be the only person to run for president three times to get the minority of the vote all three times and still win the presidency twice?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
When Donald Trump announced on Tuesday night that he will mount another run for the White House - a rare case of a former president seeking his old job - the country's three major broadcast networks opted not to carry his speech live.

ABC, NBC and CBS all decided to stick with previously scheduled entertainment programming - reality show "Bachelor in Paradise" on ABC, science fiction drama "La Brea" on NBC and a fictionalized show about the FBI on CBS.

Subscribe to The Post Most newsletter for the most important and interesting stories from The Washington Post.

On cable, Fox News Channel aired most of the speech live while CNN carried the first 25 minutes before switching back to a panel discussion after Trump formally announced his 2024 candidacy. MSNBC, however, chose not to air the speech, choosing instead to stick with Alex Wagner's 9 p.m. show.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Fox's decision to carry the speech is notable considering that several network commentators expressed a clear on-air preference last week for Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis to take over as the Republican 2024 standard-bearer after the party's disappointing showing in the midterm elections. Two other properties in Rupert Murdoch's media empire, the New York Post and The Wall Street Journal, also signaled last week a preference for DeSantis, with the Post declaring him "DeFUTURE" on the tabloid's cover and the Journal's editorial board declaring that "Trump Is the Republican Party's Biggest Loser."

During the 2016 presidential race, CNN was frequently criticized for giving ample airtime to Trump's speeches. The network's new chief, Chris Licht, told employees on Tuesday that coverage decisions about Trump as a candidate would be made on a case-by-case basis.

While ABC, NBC and CBS did not preempt prime time programming to air the speech, the networks all had correspondents stationed at Mar-a-Lago who reported on the announcement earlier in the evening during the nightly newscasts hosted by David Muir, Lester Holt and Norah O'Donnell.

Liz Harrington, a spokeswoman for Trump, told the conservative channel Real America's Voice earlier in the evening that such a decision amounted to censorship. "They don't want the American people to hear directly from the biggest leader of the greatest political movement in our history, so I do suspect they will try to censor and cut away," she said.

Fox host Sean Hannity, who informally advised the former president during his White House years, said on his prime time show Tuesday that Trump was "laying down a marker" by announcing his 2024 campaign so early. "I'm watching this president at this hour and I'm seeing a guy that looks like he is dead-on focused," the host told viewers.

Fox News host Pete Hegseth declared during a break in live coverage that Trump was "in as good a form as you have ever seen him," while former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee called the speech "pitch-perfect" and Trump unbeatable "if he keeps on like this tonight."

On CNN, two former Trump aides harshly criticized the speech. Mick Mulvaney, former director of the Office of Management and Budget, called him "the only Republican who could lose" in 2024, while former communications director Alyssa Farah Griffin said Trump is "wholly unfit to ever be in office again."

Yet neither Fox nor CNN carried the entire speech. As Trump was discussing what he called the "tremendous problem" of transgender athletes, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper had pivoted to coverage of a missile that killed two people in Poland.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/broadcast-networks-pass-trump-campaign-124630493.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It'll be interesting to see how this unfolds. It should seem pretty clear to most that DeSantis gives the R's much more of a chance in winning in '24 than Trump does, at least for now. This also might represent the worst case scenario for Trump. Not just the danger of losing internally, before he gets past the primary, but what the article somewhat infers to, with people/media not being as interested in him as much anymore, especially now that there's a viable alternative who runs his same playbook. If he sticks to his brand, he will ratchet up attention through whatever means necessary, though.

I am hoping to see a debate stage during the primary that includes him, Pence, DeSantis and one of Kinzinger or Cheney. At least that would be entertaining to watch.

Fox also cut away, and by the time Trump's speech concluded, after a little more than an hour, 10 p.m. host Laura Ingraham was instead getting commentary from Hoover Institution fellow Victor Davis Hanson.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
As with most media from both sides, FOX News is keeping its options open. Sure, many Republicans politicians and pundits view DeSantis as having the best chance to win. I would tend to agree with them. But then again nobody gave Trump a fighting chance of wining the nomination in 2016 either. It will those voting in the Republican primaries that nominate their presidential candidate and if it's anything like 2016 those voters don't give a damn what Republican politicians and pundits think or say.

So to be on the safe side FOX News is walking a tight wire act to keep the "trump door" open. They most likely don't wish to totally alienate him in the chance he may end up winning or strongly competing for the nomination. That's probably the smartest thing they could do.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

That's what everyone said, including the Republican establishment in 2016. The question becomes will he be the only person to run for president three times to get the minority of the vote all three times and still win the presidency twice?

no, because 2016 really was an anomaly. dude was the true definition of an outsider, plus with hillary it was just a perfect storm. there is no mystery to trump and who he is now. there is no "but the other guy". right now DeSantis has the best shot of actually winning the popular vote and EC. cause trump will win neither just like in 2020. growing amount of conservatives are fed up with the dude. so if he makes it out the primary, once again the country will vote just to not have the guy represent us.

its a pathetic reality because im frustrated with the dems. but for dems and independents, people are gonna come up just like in 2020 and vote against him. DeSantis at least is gonna bring out droves of people who want to vote FOR him. different kind of energy.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
2 members like this: bonefish, FATE
Legend
Legend

no, because 2016 really was an anomaly. dude was the true definition of an outsider, plus with hillary it was just a perfect storm. there is no mystery to trump and who he is now. there is no "but the other guy". right now DeSantis has the best shot of actually winning the popular vote and EC. cause trump will win neither just like in 2020. growing amount of conservatives are fed up with the dude. so if he makes it out the primary, once again the country will vote just to not have the guy represent us.

its a pathetic reality because im frustrated with the dems. but for dems and independents, people are gonna come up just like in 2020 and vote against him. DeSantis at least is gonna bring out droves of people who want to vote FOR him. different kind of energy.

THIS. 110%

Legend
Legend
Desantis and trump should be in jail.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
We'll see. All it takes is enough minions left on the trump train to nominate him. I'm not predicting he will win the nomination. But let's not forget, even after watching him as the nastiest president of our time Republican voters still nominated him in 2020 and looking at his favorability ratings among republican voters it could very well happen again. Never underestimate the power of hate.

Why Trump Is Favored To Win The 2024 Republican Presidential Primary

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-2024-president/

Edit to add: I'm not really talking about him winning the presidency in 2024. I'm talking about the strong possibility we will win the nomination of the republican party.

Last edited by PitDAWG; 11/16/22 01:11 PM.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I see what you're saying. I think it all depends on what Trump does over the course of the next year, all the way through the primaries. I think his strategy - as has consistently been before - is to start the battle by lobbing nukes, so to speak. He's going to probably say and do a whole bunch of things that are false and outlandish, and they could - and very likely may - blow up in his face, but I think - again as is consistent with him - that he's going to go for victory, or scorched earth, or both even.

I don't like DeSantis, much at all really, as I've made clear before, but I think his strategic political style will be hard for Trump to overcome. He doesn't get in the muck directly with Trump, because that's what Trump wants ultimately, but he says things enough to troll Trump, which will likely make Trump look more unhinged. Things like "check the scoreboard" and talking about how he was the first person to turn Palm Beach County (where Trump lives) red are really going to get under Trump's skin. Add to that, the donors who have left Trump for DeSantis are using phrases like "three-time loser" for Trump now, which is really pushing on a pressure point of his.

There is also the potential for "enemy of my enemy" dynamics in the primary. If the dais has Trump, Pence, DeSantis, and Kinzinger or Cheney, I know there is one person in that group who is a common enemy.

Man, the more I think about this, the more sad I feel about our political state of affairs.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree with you about DeSantis. He's pretty much like trump light. Same basic platform with less of the hateful calories. More digestible. I have no way of knowing what the outcome will be. It just seems the hateful rhetoric and name calling is what many republican voters have been feeding on. They embraced it and mimicked it. Like sharks at a feeding frenzy. They have never seemed to care about him telling the truth so I have no idea why they would start caring about that now. While I agree that DeSantis has a better political strategy, I think that holds true for many who have opposed trump. I think those who support him only care about him saying what they feel and believe in the way they want to hear it.

I don't see the democrats actually offering a solid solution in terms of a candidate either. I've felt sad about our choices and the leadership of both parties for quite a while now. As bad as it is to say I think our choices will come down to what we see as the lesser of the two evils once again.

Not only will it be interesting to watch but also for the shock value of what we'll be hearing and seeing. We really don't have anything left to look forward to other than that at this point.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: FATE, dawglover05
Legend
Legend
I just hope republican voters understand that we cannot support Trump.

If this ends up being Trump v Clinton again, I'm renting a Delorean and going back to 1985.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I hope you are correct.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FATE

If this ends up being Trump v Clinton again, I'm renting a Delorean and going back to 1985.
Rentals dont have flux capacitors

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I agree with you about DeSantis. He's pretty much like trump light. Same basic platform with less of the hateful calories. More digestible. I have no way of knowing what the outcome will be. It just seems the hateful rhetoric and name calling is what many republican voters have been feeding on. They embraced it and mimicked it. Like sharks at a feeding frenzy. They have never seemed to care about him telling the truth so I have no idea why they would start caring about that now. While I agree that DeSantis has a better political strategy, I think that holds true for many who have opposed trump. I think those who support him only care about him saying what they feel and believe in the way they want to hear it.

I don't see the democrats actually offering a solid solution in terms of a candidate either. I've felt sad about our choices and the leadership of both parties for quite a while now. As bad as it is to say I think our choices will come down to what we see as the lesser of the two evils once again.

Not only will it be interesting to watch but also for the shock value of what we'll be hearing and seeing. We really don't have anything left to look forward to other than that at this point.

Well said

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Right, you voted for the liar, thief, adulterer, scammer- sweet. In Florida, where I live, two Republicans been charged out of retirement village for voting TWICE, no Democrats to date been charged. Keep voting for the all time LOSER.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog

Rentals dont have flux capacitors

O'Reilly does...

Flux Capacitor Part # 121g

Currently out of stock. Not sure of the price, but who cares? I'll have 37 years to save for it!

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

You just want an excuse to grow that mullet back out again.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by dawglover05

You just want an excuse to grow that mullet back out again.

A Delorean and a mullet? Back when it was still legal to pick up chicks?

Straight to Super Kmart for a wife beater and a six-pack of Michelob. naughtydevil

1 member likes this: dawglover05
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
0 chance Trump gets the R ticket.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

big chance he rakes in millions

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's laughing at your failed post...

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Legend
Legend
He is a delusional person who craves attention.

Democrats will be giddy if he were to win the nomination.

However, I doubt he will win the primary. He is an like an old record with a scratch on it. Nobody is listening anymore.

Yo-yo's who support like SB need more bogus supplements from pus face jones.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog

big chance he rakes in millions

And all nearly tax free.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I heard now that Dr. Oz lost the elections he's selling supplements again too. At least they have a choice where to buy their crazy pills from.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Trump Org was just found guilty on all 17 counts. They are going to go down hard.

Trump Organization Found Guilty Of Tax Fraud At Trial

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alison...tion-found-guilty-of-tax-fraud-at-trial/

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/06/22 04:55 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The beginning of the end. The tip of the iceberg as more unfolds with the Jan. 6th commission about ready to refer criminal charges against trump and company to the DOJ.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I don't even think they need to make a referral. Manhatten, Georgia, the DOJ on J6, Tish James, DOJ on classified docs (slam dunk), and he just refused to give his DNA to clear himself in a rape case. Anybody who thinks they don't have the goods to put Trump away for the rest of his life is living in lala land. Hell, I just saw this yesterday:

Manhattan D.A. Hires Ex-Justice Official to Help Lead Trump Inquiry

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/12/05/nyregion/alvin-bragg-trump-investigation.html

This guy, Matthew Colangelo, isn't there for little cases.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 12/06/22 05:13 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump Organization on Trial now.

Link Copied to Clipboard