Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1993924 12/17/22 08:25 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Defense was very good. Good ST block kick unit and timely takeaways/stops

Offense was just OK. I still don’t think we’re anywhere close to seeing Watson being in form

But, we beat the ravens smile

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Sexual predator out there at the end waving his arms at crowd cause he wants the attention for a win that was all about Chub and the defense forcing turnovers

Last edited by slick; 12/17/22 08:28 PM.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
R
Legend
Legend
R
York, wth.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Watson is far from his old form but he keeps improving weekly, so I think he'll get all the way back by next season. Happy about the meaningless win. It's a damn good sign that the team is still fighting and trying to win these games.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
T
All Pro
All Pro
T
So why does it take so long in a season for the team to start showing focus and drive?

Legend
Legend
always take a W over the ravens.

gotta say, there were obvious signs of just getting to know each other on offense between DW and his weapons. Cause lets be real here....DW is legit.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
P
Legend
Legend
P
Defense Give up only 3 points thumbsup

Watson getting more comfortable 18-28 161 1TD

Chubb 20 CARRIES 99 YDS.

Garrett 2 SACKS (14)

Ward 1 INT.

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
Watson is improving a bit every week. Happy we won.

1 member likes this: PastorMarc
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Rishuz
York, wth.

Dude's in his own head right now, I think.
I know he's a rookie, but he's starting to concern me.
I think he needs to spend some time with Phil Dawson.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
There were a handful of very nice passes, especially when compared to the first week

Also, that 20 yard scramble showed his speed

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Always great to beat the rats.

Legend
Legend
Enjoy your birthday present, Dawg!

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
j/c
I wonder if we would have won if LJ was playing instead of TH....

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the losers...Socrates
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Hey thanks Clem

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

No

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted by bbrowns32
j/c

Yeah I don't think we would've won if LJ was playing, but over the years how many times did our division rivals beat us in late season games when we were trotting out 3rd string QBs because of injuries? I don't feel sorry about it.

2 members like this: Homewood Dog, Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Hoisting a cold one in memory of Ravenkiller. Nothing as satisfying as a good rat beating. Hope we all took the under!

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
2 members like this: PitDAWG, Clemdawg
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by slick
Sexual predator out there at the end waving his arms at crowd cause he wants the attention for a win that was all about Chub and the defense forcing turnovers

What's this supposed to be? Some sort of bait? Come on Slick.

Find what you love and let it kill you.

-Charles Bukowski
1 member likes this: SuperBrown
Legend
Legend
An answered prayer! Ski took the points (or tried to) against the rats. We won; it helped. Cade York is upsetting me. He is snakebit and needs to get his skull straight. Kick until you bleed, but get right. This isn't a hobby. Be deadly. Do your job. I volunteer to miss at least as many, perhaps more, for half the money. These misses are where punters come from. Call Dawson.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
Happy birthday! Many happy returns.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
always take a W over the ravens.

gotta say, there were obvious signs of just getting to know each other on offense between DW and his weapons. Cause lets be real here....DW is legit.

Correction, he was legit at the Texans and should be here. I think he will be, but still waiting to see something elite. So far, Brissett is still the best QB on the team.

B
Legend
Legend
B

I thought Watson looked very good. He is going to be very good for this team.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
,,, And Kevin Head Coach, ..
Went for the FG in the first half, and went for the FG another time, now,
one of those FGs was missed but
At the END OF THE DAY, they won the game, and you cannot point back to points that were cost by going for it and failing on 4th down.

As Bellichic once said, more games are lost than won in the NFL.

The Browns kind of benefited today, from the not losing and the Ravens losing it. from their perspective>>
Rav. only one thirty eight passing, a missed FG and a blocked Fg, a thrown int. in the red zone. and two turnovers on downs.

The Browns, did what they do well,
they ran the ball, and they defended the pass,

and they didn't let analytics tell them to chase points when they had a lead,

I"M Really happy that in the first half, the Browns got that 2nd FG, to go to 6 points, without going for it and failing like they have so often in losses.

THEY WON THE GAME,

THEY BEAT, CINY, PITT AND BALT IN THE
SAME >>>>>> YEAR

Has that ever happened before from the Browns? Not often, almost never, only since the return only maybe 200I maybe,

to beat ALL 3 , all 3 division opponents in the same year,

WOW that is something.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I'm not understanding the lovefest the Ravens received
Coming into this season. Last time I checked the Bengals
Were in the SB last year not the Ravens.
The Ravens like the Browns were very over rated coming
Into this season
The Browns can surpass the Ravens next year.
They were the more physical team tonight
The Browns defensively played a good collective game.
The tackling was better and I saw less of mental lapses
But the Ravens are a one trick offense
So their is less thinking when you face a team
That runs the ball.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think the Browns kicker did alright today.
didn't miss any more than the other teams kicker.

He did alright today... ...
except for that first shank left when the snow was blowing right.

Dude, Cmon' something went wrong there. glad he had time to get a haircut, What was that? What was that first shank left.

You have found your kicker. He did alright today, the team won.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Thanks Bard!

B
Legend
Legend
B
Being at the game today, the snow gave you a real good visual of the wind. It was very difficult conditions. It was blowing in multiple directions.

If we don't trust our kicker, we saw Tucker miss a kick and get one blocked because on that one he was kicking in to a stiff wind and had to try to drive the ball. Before the game I was watching Tucker kick from pretty much that same spot as the blocked kick and he was short on 3 straight from that point. He knew he was going to have to drive the ball to give it any chance.

On the one he missed the wind took it left. York missed one the same way, then late, he hit it right and it just held up in to the wind.

It was pretty strange out there today.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: jfanent
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sawe the Ravenx OC panic too early. 9+ minutes left in the 4th down 10 and it feels like he completely abandoned what had been an effective run game most of the day. Maybe nota bad idea if Lamar is playing but as witnessed certainly not the thing to do with Huntley.

Was it just me or post game di it look like DW was walking around lost looking for someone to celebrate with?
Ended up talking with a couple ravens players.
Looked like he was not really a member of the team.
Doesn't mean he won't be in the near future, just didn't look like he has been embraced by his teammates as of yet

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
T
Legend
Legend
T
Nine point six points per GAME >>>> over the last 3 games. From the offense.

What is the Browns OFFENSE averaging in the 3 games since Watson's suspension ended.

less than ten.

You have to get more points from your offense in a 3 game set or you will begin a losing streak right away.

9.6 points per game avg.
3, I3, and I3. by the offense in a 3 game set. 9.6, must improve.

L
Legend
Legend
L
DW is under a lot of pressure because our interior OL is not “ playing effectively “

DW is also the best QB on this team, get serious. We are still alive for one more day, plus we beat the team I hate the most. smile

We had several chances to put it away due to forcing turnovers, the blocked FG, but we can’t seem to get defences to respect our deep ball.

I didn’t know we even had #17, the kid outta Michigan. And who is carter, Jr?

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
Legend
Legend
M
- Watson looked improved over the previous week. The throw to Cooper he made down the sideline is a difficult throw. That's want you want to see. Otherwise, wasn't asked to do anything too difficult, but did what he was asked to do.

- Stop with the endzone fades.

- Pleasantly surprised with the fan turnout.

- Good to see Stefanski stick with Chubb even though it was not working early.

- JJ III had a nice game.

- York got booed off the field.

- ST blocks a FG. Priefer walking with his head held high.

- Garrett is really good.

- Nice game by Ward.

- Fan sing-a-long had Myles Garrett singing along too.

- Moment of the game: JR Swish taking off shirt a la 2016 NBA Championship parade and smashing the guitar before kickoff.

- Game ball: Daylen Baldwin with two catches, his first of his career, including one he reached behind him to catch. Legend.

- Jeers: Me stuck in downtown traffic with the Browns game letting out and Cavs game starting up, trying to navigate to E. 4th to pick up some slices of pie from Citizen Pie Roman Cafe to take home only to walk-up to their door that read, "Sorry, out of dough. Closed." 45 mins stuck on Prospect I'll shall never get back. 'A' for effort.

5 members like this: Hammer, jfanent, bbrowns32
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
WE won. Good effort. We're making progress and that's a good sign. WE won. I'll take that any week!!! thumbsup

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
This team has got heart they certainly haven't given up by any means. Good for Jordan Elliot blocking that FG. We still gave up way too many yards on the ground. That's something that really has to be corrected this off season. If we can successfully fix the few weaknesses we have we will be a darn good team next year. The team seems to like playing with DW.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
He's coming along.

Legend
Legend
I didn't get to see the game.
I did get to hear the game.

It was a treat.
Because I'm old.
And because real-time radio was a big part of how I've enjoyed the Browns in every decade of my fandom.

Jimmy Donovan is so much more than 'just a 'paid homer.' He's very good at what he does. Radio guys kick TV guys' ass on that daily basis. Why? It's simple: TV guys react to the action. Radio guys narrate the action as it's happening. They are that much faster, focused and facile. It's no contest.

Jimmy has about 8 seconds to give you context in the flow of game, down/distance, play formations, pre-snap movement, etc. And he paints a picture with words that allows fans to see the game in their mind's eyes. That is a true skill. One that I could never master.

Saying that, I'll also say this: I always kinda smirked at Nathan Zee from all those Browns Daily joints I used to watch. When he was cast as Dieken's replacement, I was intrigued. He's doing a very good job as the color man in the radio booth, a mild but very pleasant surprise. I've done 3 Browns radio games this year (for various reasons), and Jimmy + Nathan seem to work nicely together.

I'll always love Diek, but I'm actually more engaged in the game flow with Nate's time-fillers.
I'm actually OK with moving on.

S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by tastybrownies

What's this supposed to be? Some sort of bait? Come on Slick.

No not bait. Just my opinion that's all.

" Now here you are running these dirty old streets tattoo on your neck fake gold on your teeth, got the hood here snowed but you can't fool me, we both know who you are"
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Guess we better not see York complaining when he doesn't get to kick a 67 yard FG.

Gotta earn it kid, and so far you haven't earned that right.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Can't sleep so I'm rewatching the game.

Just caught the announcers giving the stat that the Browns have givin up 23 tackles for loss since Froholdt tool over at center. Pocic or however you spell his name did a hell of a job at center. We better make sure we don't lose that guy. I'm unsure of his contract situation.

Last edited by Psydeffect; 12/18/22 04:23 AM.
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
No doubt. Re-signing Pocic is a must

V
Legend
Legend
V
Happy birthday, 4Life!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 13 Baltimore 3 Postgame Thoughts

Link Copied to Clipboard