Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Saw that Paul Silas died. I'll always remember him calling Boozer "C U next tuesday"

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Dang, RIP coach

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
RIP Coach Silas.

Man, so many of the iconic figures, in sports, movies and tellevision, and music are passing into eternity.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
this team has to be better on the road. No excuse losing to an 8 win team thats rebuilding. Garland needs to play better and we need less turnovers from the guard spot in general. Our bench has been abysmal. Def going to have to swap some parts out there.. I get stevens being a good defender and all but 25 minutes and didn't take a single shot and only had 3 rebounds...you can't do that too many times without being replaced. Tough one tomorrow too. Looks like rubio been cleared for 5 on 5. that will be a nice boost going into the second half of the season.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
V
Legend
Legend
V
The Cavs got killed on the defensive boards in the first half. It was awful. The Spurs kept getting second shots on almost every possession. There was one time where they got 5 shots on one possession. Inexcusable. We also were closing out on their outside shooters strong enough. There were also too many careless turnovers.

We finally turned on the heat in the 4th quarter and had a chance to win, but I think they deserved to lose for playing w/such a poor effort for 3 quarters.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Yeah thats my frustration with Mobley, he's so streaky. Allen too and Love 3. Don't really get much consistency from our bigs. Garland and Mitchell turn the ball over waaay more than average. Thats why I think having rubio back will fix some of that. This team has to figure out the road as well. Dallas is alot better than SA is so lets see. Starting to see some chinks in JB's armor as we move on. Still think we are missing a couple pieces to make any real noise but they are fun to watch when they are humming. The give and go game is going to blow up once Rubio gets back.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I've always like Rubio and thought he received a lot of unfair criticism. Can't wait to get him back on the court.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
3rd quarter really hurts the Cavs. That’s on JB. I almost am starting to thinks he might be in over his head with a team that all of a sudden has expectations. The 3rd quarter and on the road.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Luka gets away with so much

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Mitchell is so good. He’s def the closer. Much better when it runs through him and not Garland

Legend
Legend
Donovan Mitchell is good

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
Legend
V
Excellent game by the Cavs. I think Bickerstaff had the team ready to play. We came out w/so much more energy than we did the other night in San Antonio.

Some thoughts:

--Mitchell and Garland were hot at the beginning of the game. Mitchell stayed hot throughout.

--Mobley and Allen were giving Dallas fits in the paint.........on both ends.

--LeVert looks so much more confident these last handful of games. I think bringing him off the bench was a great idea.

--Love is so bad at trying to defend a guy off the dribble. Guys just blow right by him.

--Stevens had a good game. He gives us a toughness that we need. It's also nice to have a guy who doesn't demand the ball when you have so many guys who are scorers.

--It bothers me when defenders shade a guy on the wrong side and let him go right by on his strong side. Sheesh....that is such a fundamental aspect of basketball.

--It was nice to have such a good performance on the road.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
LeVert will really benefit from Rubio, Love is pretty much done.. He gives us really nothing these days. He's really out there stealing money. I think Mitchell is as good as any player we've ever had, Lebron included when it comes to dominance on the offensive side. Whenever we needed points last night he delivered. Garland was not good the second half, even after Dallas tried to double Mitchell, other guys like Mobley and Allen went to work. It was def. spark we needed on the road.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Mitchell is so good. He’s def the closer. Much better when it runs through him and not Garland

This is what I've been saying.

Legend
Legend
Mobley can be such a nightmare for other teams. He’s fun to watch

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Rishuz

This is not a criticism, but this makes absolutely no sense to me.

I think it isn't about choosing one or another at all. It's best to have two guys who can close. Hell, I am hoping that Mobley continues to develop and we end up w/3 closers. That's what good teams have. Think back to when we won it. LeBron was the man, but Kyrie could close, too. He hit that huge shot when we won the Chip. Golden State had Stef, Duran, and Klay as closers. Boston has Tatum and Brown. The 76ers are trying to do it w/Embiid and Harden.

There is no need to stir-up controversy where it doesn't exist. Enjoy that we have two guys who are truly stars in the league.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

I think it isn't about choosing one or another at all. It's best to have two guys who can close. Hell, I am hoping that Mobley continues to develop and we end up w/3 closers. That's what good teams have. Think back to when we won it. LeBron was the man, but Kyrie could close, too. He hit that huge shot when we won the Chip. Golden State had Stef, Duran, and Klay as closers. Boston has Tatum and Brown. The 76ers are trying to do it w/Embiid and Harden.

There is no need to stir-up controversy where it doesn't exist. Enjoy that we have two guys who are truly stars in the league.

I don't see it as controversy, just a fact.. of all the people on the team, Mitchell is far and away the most consistent closer we have. While Garland and Mobley flash at times, they aren't as consistent as Mitchell. Thats not a knock, just a statement.. I love all the guys on the team, Some frustrate me more than others, but for the most part VERY easy to root for any of them.

R
Legend
Legend
R

I don't see it as controversy, just a fact.. of all the people on the team, Mitchell is far and away the most consistent closer we have. While Garland and Mobley flash at times, they aren't as consistent as Mitchell. Thats not a knock, just a statement.. I love all the guys on the team, Some frustrate me more than others, but for the most part VERY easy to root for any of them.

I feel pretty much the same way as lead. It's not so much a knock on Garland as it is a praise of Mitchell. I am also on record as saying the team will not win a championship unless Mobley takes a huge step forward. So I am counting on him to do that.

In the case of Garland, you can make the argument that he is the most gifted offensive player we have, even better than Mitchell. He's silky smooth. But Mitchell is a better all around talent and basketball player. You are talking about a guy who is a top ten player in the league. Let him lead the way, and if Garland starts demonstrating he can do it, then you start sharing the load down the stretch.

R
Legend
Legend
R
Cavs look terrible against the Pacers tonight. This team is so inconsistent.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Mitchell was not letting them lose tonight

R
Legend
Legend
R
Mitchell was not letting them lose tonight

This is why he has to be the closer. Man, he was so fired up. What a trade by the Cavs. Can't believe Mitchell is a Cav.

1 member likes this: Jester
L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Yeah and he’s still got a lot of prime left

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
That jab step 3 to take the lead was just ice.. you could see panic set in on the pacers faces. They knew

R
Legend
Legend
R
He's an elite player.

Really like Daugherty as the color guy as well.

Legend
Legend
What a performance by Mitchell

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was disappointed w/the Cavs effort last night. Their defense was awful. They didn't close out on the shooters, gave up too many offensive rebounds, and allowed drives off the dribble w/very little resistance. They turned it on late and squeaked out a victory, but that was a pathetic effort. I guess that's the NBA in December, but I don't like it.

R
Legend
Legend
R
I was disappointed w/the Cavs effort last night. Their defense was awful. They didn't close out on the shooters, gave up too many offensive rebounds, and allowed drives off the dribble w/very little resistance. They turned it on late and squeaked out a victory, but that was a pathetic effort. I guess that's the NBA in December, but I don't like it.

I support this statement.

We will not beat the Celtics or Bucks with the effort of last night.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
our bench is what's going to hold us back, and we need a consistent 3rd option. We will see after the trade deadline what happens

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Another bad effort tonight against a Dallas team missing 4 starters. More I watch this team, 6-7 more likely at the end with a first round exit. Too much reliance on Mitchell carrying the load. When he ever has an off night no one steps up

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Wood absolutely destroyed Mobley and Allen.

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
This team really needs to start hitting FT. It’s becoming an issue

L
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
L
Somehow eeked out a win but it was so ugly. Have a lot of work to do. Allen was so bad on both ends. Garland and Mitchell were not good. But on second night of a back to back they get a pass and we got the win

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Another home win for the Cavs on a night when they did not shoot well, but still found a way to win and on a back-to-back.

A day full of wins for the city of Cleveland.

Four games left on the home stand.

Legend
Legend
Back to back is tough. Got the W and got out

V
Legend
Legend
V
Glad we won, but we were not interested in playing defense. The Mavs were playing backup players and had to fly to Cleveland after playing the previous night.

One little rant. So many NBA players play w/poor fundamentals and play stupid. No jump stops. No triple threat w/the ball. No drawing a string between players to play passing lanes and provide off the ball help. And worst of all............why do these guys run at guys w/the ball on their left side when they are right handed. How freaking dumb is that?

Legend
Legend
Glad we won, but we were not interested in playing defense. The Mavs were playing backup players and had to fly to Cleveland after playing the previous night.

One little rant. So many NBA players play w/poor fundamentals and play stupid. No jump stops. No triple threat w/the ball. No drawing a string between players to play passing lanes and provide off the ball help. And worst of all............why do these guys run at guys w/the ball on their left side when they are right handed. How freaking dumb is that?
You ever see a shot chart anymore? It looks like a donut lol … all 3s and dunks and nothing in between. The game is just so boring to me, but analytics rule the world of sports

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Fun game tonight. Ran away with this one early and never looked back. Cedi went bonkers in the 4th quarter.

Went to the game with my buddy. Jimmy and Dee had the grandkids tonight at the game. Dee was off buying dippin' dots for the kiddos.

Good times!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

3 members like this: Versatile Dog, Rishuz, Pdawg
Legend
Legend
Damn bro, nice seats! Glad you saw a winner!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Milk Man
E
Legend
Legend
E
I was at the Hawks game tonight. Looks like you had better turnout than we did.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
Legend
V
That was a fun game to watch. Like Milk said, we came out w/a lot of energy early. I love when we play like that. We are such an athletic team. Maybe the most athletic team in the league???

I also never realized how good Allen was on offense. I always thought he was just a shot blocker and a guy who could throw down off of lobs. But, he is more than that. He has very good footwork in the paint and a nice touch.

Garland is an excellent passer. He gets careless at times, but he has such a nice feel for the game.

Mitchell's ability to make 3s while dribbling at full speed is amazing. And his touch is so soft. That's incredibly hard to do.

Mobley is another smooth player. Hate when he dribbles the ball up the court, but that baby hook in the paint is a real weapon.

Okoro is starting to contribute. Man, that guy can throw it down w/power.

Nice games from Love, Osman, and LeVert. We need that off the bench.

Anyway, nice game and I'm glad Milk was there to witness it live.

1 member likes this: FATE
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Cavs/NBA 2022-2023

Link Copied to Clipboard