Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
j/c

This is a memorandum that was directed at chief executives, club presidents, and etc. This wasn’t directed at the general public. If their memos are like ours, this tells the situation, the possible status, and guidance moving forward. Feelings should not be included in this.

A letter or press conference (something of that nature), would be where they talk about the player/family/team and show their support.

Exactly.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
No criticism of the NFL here.

There is nothing in the inventory here…

The should cancel the game or call it a tie and move on to next week.

Anything else is too messy and can’t really be done without hurting both teams going forward.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Anyone have much of an update from the past day?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Dawgs4Life #1997353 01/04/23 09:57 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
He is still in critical condition and his uncle said he is "fighting." Here is a statement from his family:

M
Legend
Legend
M

Milk Man #1997369 01/04/23 12:08 PM
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
What ass is the nfl trying to cover? Players get hurt during the course of a game/season? Fact. Exactly what 'ass' are they trying to cover? That personnel were there, as well as team trainers, doctors, etc? That's not covering ass, that's fact.

So would supporting the family and wishing him a speedy recovery had they have done that. I suppose you don't think they're concerned about lawsuits and making statements that would try to minimize any liability someone may accuse them of. The naive world of arch must be a comfortable place.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997380 01/04/23 12:46 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
What ass is the nfl trying to cover? Players get hurt during the course of a game/season? Fact. Exactly what 'ass' are they trying to cover? That personnel were there, as well as team trainers, doctors, etc? That's not covering ass, that's fact.

So would supporting the family and wishing him a speedy recovery had they have done that. I suppose you don't think they're concerned about lawsuits and making statements that would try to minimize any liability someone may accuse them of. The naive world of arch must be a comfortable place.

So if they say the medical staff is "highly trained" in a press release, they won't get sued??

You, sir, are a national treasure!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Looks like he is improving.

M
Legend
Legend
M
https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive?viewupdates=1&rcid=r01-167285034293-13a5ec028c5f11ed&utm_medium=email&utm_source=customer&utm_campaign=p_email%2B1137-update-supporters-v5b

$6,4322,000+ and counting.

Warms the heart to see people responding like this.

Hopefully continued improvement. Latest from the fundme page:

Today
by Damar Hamlin's Team, Team Member
We're simply awestruck by the level of support and generosity we've seen over the past two days. With over $6 million raised, this fundraiser has become an overnight reminder of the incredible nature of humankind. Your actions directly reflect the type of human Damar is himself.

As representatives of Damar, the team at Jaster Athletes posted the fundraiser updates and will work with the Hamlin family, The Chasing M's Foundation, and the GoFundMe team to ensure the safe delivery of funds.

Because the situation is evolving, we'll continue to communicate any updates on the fundraiser. We will also work with GoFundMe to email all donors with more specifics regarding the use of funds as those details are available. As you can imagine, this has been a challenging time for the family. We appreciate your understanding as we give them the time and space they need to focus on Damar's health first.

We're hopeful about Damar's future involvement in disbursing the incredibly generous contributions. We thank you again for your support and look forward to updating you along the way.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
The latest I heard he went from receiving 100% oxygen to 50% oxygen.

Reports: Uncle of Damar Hamlin gives updates on his condition

Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin's uncle, Dorrian Glenn, told NFL Network reporter Cameron Wolfe his nephew is on a ventilator, but "he's improved to 50% oxygen needed after being at 100 percent." He's still sedated, according to the report, but the main focus is recovering to breathe on his own and healing his lungs.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...es-updates-on-his-condition/69776038007/

It's a longer story but most of it is a rehash of what is already known.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997468 01/04/23 04:15 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A

How in the good Lord's name did you come to that conclusion? Wow.

V
Legend
Legend
V

B
Legend
Legend
B

How in the good Lord's name did you come to that conclusion? Wow.

He just be flapping his lips to get a response.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Thought this should be posted since everyone was in a rush to crucify the NFL and Goodell... as if he was some grumpy old man screaming "get out there and plaaaay!". Not sure where the "five minute warm-up period" word came from as it came out of Joe Buck's mouth. Could have been their former-official-monkey-in-the-booth, an official on the field just reciting standard protocol, or something stated early on before the weight of the situation settled on everyone. So, hopefully some more 'straight from the horse's mouth' will settle this and everyone can move on.

Bengals' Zac Taylor praises Bills coach Sean McDermott for actions

4:27 PM ET
Ben Baby and Alaina Getzenberg

Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott held a singular thought when Damar Hamlin was driven off the field in an ambulance after a cardiac arrest, according to Cincinnati Bengals coach Zac Taylor.

In the first comments since Hamlin collapsed, Taylor divulged his on-field conversation with McDermott on Monday night before the game between the two teams was suspended.

"When I got over there, the first thing he said was, 'I need to be at the hospital for Damar, and I shouldn't be coaching this game,'" Taylor recalled to reporters on Wednesday.

Hamlin, a second-year Buffalo player, remains in critical condition at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center after the cardiac arrest, the Bills said in a statement Wednesday. He has shown signs of improvement but is expected to remain under intensive care for further treatment and evaluation.

Taylor said that after Hamlin was placed in the ambulance and driven out of Cincinnati's Paycor Stadium at 9:25 p.m. local time, referee Shawn Smith's officiating crew walked over to Cincinnati's sideline to say that McDermott was still trying to sort out what happened. To expedite the decision-making process, Taylor walked over to Buffalo's sideline to join the officials and McDermott's conversation.

Taylor praised the way McDermott and the Bills organization navigated the unprecedented situation.

"Seeing the way he handled his team just deepened that respect for him and verified everything I always thought he was about as a man," Taylor said.

In a conference call with reporters Wednesday, Troy Vincent, league executive vice president of football operations, said all of his conversations with McDermott have centered on the well-being of Buffalo's staffers and players.

"My communications with the club and those players has just strictly been around making sure they're OK, to check in," Vincent said. "And being able to access those resources that are available to 'em. It is tough, and coach is still battling."

Vincent and Taylor each referenced the minutes after Hamlin departed in an ambulance when it momentarily appeared the game might continue.

Taylor said there were never any directives for the game to resume. When Cincinnati's players, including quarterback Joe Burrow, started to warm up and briefly took the field along with Buffalo's defense, Taylor attributed it to the normal rhythms of a game's resumption after a medical break. Taylor also added that in the moment, nobody was processing whether the game was going to be played or delayed.

"There's so much that happened that I can't really recall," Taylor said. "My process of remembering is that's really just what unfolded. There was no push for anything to happen."

Vincent reiterated that version of events, which has been maintained since the hours after the game was suspended.

Conversations remain ongoing about whether the regular-season game between the Bills and the Bengals will be resumed at all. The focus has been on Hamlin with conversations about logistics just beginning, Vincent said.

Jeff Miller, the league's executive vice president for communications, public affairs and policy, said a decision will be made in the coming days.

"But there's a lot of considerations in place there and a lot of people that we want to consult with, including the clubs involved, before that decision is final," Miller said.

Vincent added that they are allowing the Bills to guide the league's decision on whether their game on Sunday, hosting the New England Patriots, will continue on as scheduled. "We'll allow Sean [McDermott] and his team and his staff and the players, which are the most important thing here, to guide us if we have to make that decision collectively with the club and what's best for Sean and his team and the players."

Taylor said his team is preparing for its Week 18 game against the Baltimore Ravens. The league announced that that game will take place at 1 p.m. ET Sunday in Cincinnati. Taylor said the team has communicated to players the resources available to players trying to balance handling what happened to Hamlin amid the preparation for Sunday's AFC North clash.

When asked about any long-lasting mental impacts about playing such a physical game, Taylor said he believes players know the risks that come with the game.

"This was a tough situation," Taylor said. "My understanding based on the information we have is it's a one in a very small chance of that happening. Players that play football know that.

"They know what they're getting into. It's a less than ideal part of the game, but it's a known part of the game."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...aises-bills-coach-sean-mcdermott-actions

Last edited by FATE; 01/05/23 11:11 AM. Reason: added link

FATE #1997538 01/05/23 11:25 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
I could be mistaken, but I thought I heard the 5-minute warm-up thing coming over the PA system. Now, you have me doubting my recollection.

Anyway, my wife told me that she heard the NFL has denied ever issuing the 5-minute warm-up decision. Thus, I've dropped it after my initial reaction. I was just deeply disturbed after I heard that they would play after a 5-minute warm-up period. I was looking at the player's reactions on the field and there was no doubt in my mind that they were not going to be ready to play. However, I have dropped my objections once I learned that the NFL is denying that they ever said that.

As of this moment, I only care about two things. The well-being of Damar Hamlin and trying to be as fair as possible to the teams involved in the playoff race.

V
Legend
Legend
V

Great news!!!

1 member likes this: FATE
M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M

y R dEy tAlKiNg aBoUt PeEpLe sAyvInG HiZ lYfE ?!?!

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I actually went back and watched in real time, stopwatch running through the commercials, to get a real grip on what happened and when. When I watched the first time, I was on delay and speeding through commercials. The first mention of CPR was about nine minutes. That's also when we saw players way more visibly shaken than usual -- and the camera looking for more. During that time we saw Diggs rallying the troops, ESPN breaking away to talk about how hard it will be for the players to get back on the field (as if it was a given), etc...

At about fifteen minutes, Buck announced the five minute warm-up... within about two minutes of that, the coaches were gathered and deciding what to do.

I honestly believe the league left it in the hands of the coaches. There were two officials with each coach and talking into a headset. Taylor prompted them getting together. There was one other indication that there we're a bunch of ears 'in the loop'... just mere seconds after McDermott was pointing players to the locker room, the house PA announced the temporary suspension of play.

I don't fault anyone for reacting the way they did. The world was ablaze with tweets like "keep in mind, throughout this tragedy playing out, Goodell was ordering players back out onto the field". At least you got the rest of the story and reacted accordingly. Others, not so much.

I don't really care for Roger, or the 'imperial chancellor' approach to governing a football league, but I think the dude gets an unwarranted 'bad rap' a lot more than he should. Sadly, he brings a lot of it on himself.

FATE #1997548 01/05/23 11:56 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Thanks for the information. I stand corrected. I obviously misremembered who said what. I had a hard time getting past the reactions of the players. I've never seen more emotion on a football field. That was genuine angst, misery, bewilderment, and even panic. That 5-minute thing blew my mind. Thanks for setting the record straight.

Legend
Legend
I was in shock. We just got back from Ohio, I was casually watching the game and FF through commercials, I barely knew there was an injury as I was unpacking. I look at the screen and see grown men crying... and stopped dead in my tracks.

That was a very scary scene. But man, there is a whole world pulling for Hamlin, and things are starting to look good as far as recovery. Another example of how we can be our best when facing the worst. Let's all continue to hope, pray, whatever you do, that this would-be-tragedy becomes triumph.

In my perfect world, Hamlin comes-to, jumps out of bed, and yells "Cancelled!? What the hell you guys talking about!" Probably a bit far-fetched, but either way, this another great reminder... all these guys endure a lot of hard work and hardship to get to live their dream. This game is so cruel that it will take it all away in a split-second.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Ballpeen #1997559 01/05/23 12:34 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
He just be flapping his lips to get a response.

And here you are. As someone in the legal profession you should know better.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Breer is not the NFL trying to cover his own ass.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997567 01/05/23 12:49 PM
Legend
Legend

Breer is not the NFL trying to cover his own ass.

Neither was that memo.

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1997569 01/05/23 12:56 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, all it did was talk about what a great job the NFL did with its medical staff without mentioning anything about the condition of or good wishes to Hamlin. And of course those claims that they had no idea the memo would become public. How many ways can you say gullible?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997572 01/05/23 01:06 PM
Legend
Legend
For someone who wants undeniable-proof-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt on some subjects, you sure are quick to demean others' common sense when your opinion is at the center of the discussion.

FATE #1997597 01/05/23 01:38 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
You may wish to look at some of your own posts over the last couple of days before casting that stone.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I thought about it.

Nah...

FATE #1997612 01/05/23 02:31 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Think harder. It doesn't seem logical to point the finger at someone else for something you are just as guilty of.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bills statement: Damar Hamlin has shown 'remarkable improvement' over last 24 hours, per physicians caring for him

The Bills have issued a new statement at 10:28 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 5 on the status of Damar Hamlin:

"Per the physicians caring for Damar Hamlin at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Damar has shown remarkable improvement over the past 24 hours. While still critically ill, he has demonstrated that he appears to be neurologically intact. His lungs continue to heal and he is making steady progress. We are grateful for the love and support we have received."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/d...vement-over-last-24-hours-per-physicians

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997617 01/05/23 03:00 PM
Legend
Legend
Think harder. It doesn't seem logical to point the finger at someone else for something you are just as guilty of.

I don't see any receipts, just an arbitrary statement that I'm guilty of the same thing you are. I guess at least you've admitted guilt, and you're just moving to the deflection box on your flowchart.

"Try again, weedhopper..."

PitDAWG #1997619 01/05/23 03:01 PM
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
The ‘neurologically intact’ piece is the biggest thing in this statement. My concerns for him all along have been his brain function. They got his heart started but being intubated made me concerned for his brain health. Not breathing on your own usually indicates brain trauma. I still wonder if his falling straight back and hitting his head on the turf created secondary issues.?.

[Linked Image]
FATE #1997621 01/05/23 03:05 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
One would think you know what you have posted without having to show you. You know it's true. I am a snarky poster. I have never hidden from that fact. I won't play the denial game the way you are.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Damar Hamlin is "beginning to awaken," doctors say in latest update on his recovery from cardiac arrest

Damar Hamlin is "beginning to awaken," a doctor from University of Cincinnati Medical Center said Thursday, providing an update on the NFL player's condition after Hamlin suffered cardiac arrest during a game on Monday.

Hamlin, who still has a breathing tube, was able to communicate in writing to doctors last night, according to Dr. Timothy Pritts of UC Health. 

"We would like to share there has been substantial improvement over the last 24 hours," he said at the briefing alongside Dr. William Knight, also of UC Health. "We have significant concern about him after the event that happened on the field. He is making substantial progress. As of this morning, he is beginning to awaken."

Pritts said it appears Hamlin's "neurological function is intact," attributing that to the speed to which emergency responders began treating him.

"He continues to be critically ill and undergo care in the ICU," Pritts said. "He still has signify progress he needs to make. This marks a turning point in his ongoing care."

Hamlin, a Buffalo Bills safety, was critically injured on Monday during the first quarter of a game against the Cincinnati Bengals. He fell shortly after tackling Bengals wide receiver Tee Higgins. Hamlin had gotten back on his feet after the hit and appeared to adjust his face mask with his right hand before falling backward a few seconds later. 

Emergency responders tended to him on the field before he was taken by ambulance to a hospital. The game was postponed and later suspended.

"The first question he wrote when he started to awaken was, 'Did we win (the game)?'" It's not only that the lights are on, but we know he's home," Pritts said, 

As for long-term recovery, Knight said doctors are focused on Hamlin's day-to-day care.

"He still has a ways to go in terms of liberation from the ventilator," said Knight.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/damar-...HDoq63GdhB7GcOCbYd4dZbdgq-Z0XnTQxnJ7YFVQ

#gmstrong
FATE #1997631 01/05/23 03:28 PM
Legend
Legend
[quote=FATE]For someone who wants undeniable-proof-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt on some subjects, you sure are quick to demean others' common sense when your opinion is at the center /].

Everyone else requires a notarized document. rofl

- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
jfanent #1997634 01/05/23 03:38 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, that's it.

I see you decided to ignore the update on the improvement of Hamlin to focus on what's most important to you. Great work!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Listening to the PC with the doctors from UC, they are emphatic in stating that the timeliness and decisiveness is the direct reason we're having positive discussion today. They say that if minutes, or even mere seconds, passed without Damar receiving this care, we would be having a much different conversation today.

Also... when recounting Damar's communication...

He asked "Did we win?"
One of our partners responded: "Yes, you won Damar... you won the game of life".

FATE #1997642 01/05/23 04:09 PM
V
Legend
Legend
V
My wife was relaying a conversation that they were having at her hospital and how everyone there was thankful and even somewhat hopeful that the quick actions of the people working on Hamlin increased his chances immensely.

Someone posted [maybe Milk or Memphis] about there was no better place for Hamlin to have that happen to him other than a hospital due to all the medical people and other first responders that were on hand in the stadium. It seems odd to say, but it's perfectly logical.

Btw---I really got a kick out of him asking if they had won the game. That's great stuff!

M
Legend
OP Online
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Commanders 10 Other Games

Link Copied to Clipboard