Print Thread
#1998068 01/07/23 09:29 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Final Week of the regular season.
the Cheifs beat the Raiders 3I to I3 earlier today, I didn't see it.

Now? the Titans and Jaguars game is on.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Tenn pulled out all the stops on that drive that ended in 3 points. A wildcat run.
two fourth down conversions, one from Josh Dobbs to Austin Hooper I think, 2 former Browns, and an illegal forward lateral after the rb caught a pass up the middle that was complete to the sideline for more yardage, but came back by penalty to set up the fifty + yard FG.
all the stops.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Hoping Jags can pull it off

<><

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Lets go Jags!

No Craps Given
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Try saying this one out loud and not crying/ ?

Josh Dobbs is one half of football away from a playoff berth, and Jacoby Brisset and Deshun Watson are not.
Baker ain't either TL. ha> ha> ha. Oh, Josh Dobbs is one good half from the playoffs. WHEW

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
Lets go Jags!

Let's go!!

I really like Dobbs... but hate the Titans.....

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
wow. That play proved the nfl is fixed.
No way they'd let the popular team lose

in spite of Jag. not being strong enough to win it on their own. really freaking dumb to watch a game that won't be played/officiated fairly.

R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
Glad to see Trevor and the Jaguars in the playoffs. Next year is the Browns year.

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

KC @ Las Vegas: Lot's of red in the stands.

Mahomes is so special. He's like a magician or perhaps an artistic genius. There is no one quite like him. I also got a kick out of the Ring Around the Rosie huddle formation. Too bad a holding call nullified a touchdown. The Raiders QB came crashing back down to earth yesterday. Chiefs dominated.

Titans @ Jags: Defensive slugfest

Both offenses struggled against tough defenses. Both offenses missed on several opportunities. I felt bad for Dobbs because he was exposed yesterday. He is frail in the pocket, made some bad reads, and turned the ball over. Good guy. Smart guy. Just not a legit starting qb.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
I felt bad for Dobbs because he was exposed yesterday. He is frail in the pocket, made some bad reads, and turned the ball over. Good guy. Smart guy. Just not a legit starting qb.

I think most people would agree that Dobbs is not starting quality Qb talent. At least at this point and in the near future (caveat, he hasn't had a lot of playing time so he could develop). My question is more about his ability to be a quality back-up Qb. If we keep Brissett as a back-up then the question in moot. But odds are that Brissett moves on. We made the decision to keep Mond over Dobbs. It feels to me that Dobbs' style is more like Watson's than Mond's style is. If we need a back-up for a game or 2 I thought using Dobbs would require fewer changes to the offense than if we replaced Watson with Mond. Maybe not, I haven't seen that much of Mond so maybe I have some misconceptions about him.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Mond has a better arm, but I would prefer Dobbs over Mond, as well. For one thing, he would help Watson after the latter comes off the field after each series. During Dobbs time in Pittsburgh, Big Ben talked more to him than any of his coaches between series. We all know how incredibly intelligent Dobbs is.

1 member likes this: Jester
V
Legend
Legend
V
Playoff Wild Card Scenarios:

Legend
Legend
I’m going to say Miami and the Packers both get it done

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Why the hum does NFC football exist.

Nobody on earth gives a rip about the Cobowys Eagles Giants or Washington.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Why the hum does NFC football exist.

Nobody on earth gives a rip about the Cobowys Eagles Giants or Washington.
except anyone one of those teams are worth more than about 90 percent of the league

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Seattle needing this win and not looking strong thus far

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Seattle needing this win and not looking strong thus far

Hoping the lose so tonight is winner gets in

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Seattle just tied it

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I was really hoping for a "we're going to take the ball and we're going to score" comment when Seattle won the toss there. Since this is the anniversary of that game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Baker with a terrible throw...... Jefferson was all alone....

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Baker Bakered, throwing a pick at the worst time.

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg
Baker Bakered, throwing a pick at the worst time.

Baker looked about as good as Watson did today. Lol

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Lions are dependent on Baker to lead the Rams to an OT win. ......aaaaaaand there's the interception, lol.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Well it’s Seattle or Green bay

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Baker had the Rams on the cusp of winning that game today? Took them to OT, on the road? oh snap. Baker is a winner.
That looked like a heck of a pass on that int. too, the WR should have gotten it.
Didn't lose by I4.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
That looked like a heck of a pass on that int. too, the WR should have gotten it.

Were you watching a different play? That was a terrible throw, too high and too short, begging to be picked. Jefferson got behind his man and a decent pass would have been a TD. See for yourself: (You'll have to click on the Youtube link).

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Packers choke one away. Hat tip to the Lions and what Dan Campbell has done for that team. They could have laid down after being eliminated.

Seahawk fans, go bonkers.

Side note, a lot of Lions fans at Lambeau Field.

Legend
Legend
Feels like it could be the end of Aaron Rodgers in GB (or maybe as a player in general)

V
Legend
Legend
V
j/c:

Didn't watch as many games as normal, but here goes...

--The opening kickoff return for a TD by Buffalo was exhilarating. The game was back and forth for most of the game and then Hines returned a second kickoff for a TD. Allen also hit Diggs w/a laser that maybe only he and Herbert can make.

--Cinci came out on fire. Mixon used a prop to celebrate a TD. No flag. Baltimore actually fought back and made things somewhat interesting.

--Washington beat the crap out of Dallas w/a rookie qb making his first start. Dak looked putrid.

--Philly struggled against the backups for the Giants.

--Baker w/his usual play where he took dumb sacks and then threw a terrible interception on what should have been a game winning TD. I give Pete Carroll a lot of credit. He has that team playing well above expectations. And that great coach, McVay, finished the year at 5 and 12 and now may bolt on the team after mortgaging their future w/a series of big trades and FA acquisitions.

--Detroit knocks GB out of the playoffs. There is no coach in the NFL that I would rather play for than Dan Campbell. I loved his comment before the game:"Either we're playing to get in or we're playing to be spoiler, and that's it. So either way, we win."

Legend
Legend
I was really surprised with how bad Dallas looked. If I was a cowboys fan I’d be uneasy going into the playoffs

Legend
Legend
I think we finally get a glimpse at why Jerry Jones is so adamant that turf fields are as safe as grass... his team actually SUCKS playing on grass.

1-4 this year. Gamblers, there's your angle for the TB game next weekend lol.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
In the Buffalo game those two kick off returns more than covered the margin of victory. Allen is a great QB but has looked very human as of late more than elite. Not a great sign going into the playoffs.

The Bengals are hitting on all cylinders headed into the playoffs.

Coach of the year anyone? My vote would be for Doug Pederson. He took the Jaguars who were 1-15 in 2021 and 3-13 in 2022 and led them to a 9-8 record and winning, while though a weak division, a division title. He accomplished that with Trevor Lawrence who ranks 15th in QBR and who he helped work to improve over last year in his rookie season. I think he did a lot with a little.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Doug Pederson, Dan Campbell, or Brian Daboll would be top choices for Coach of the Year, in my opinion.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
All three are good choices. I think it will be a close race.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Hammer
Doug Pederson, Dan Campbell, or Brian Daboll would be top choices for Coach of the Year, in my opinion.

I thought Campbell and the Lions was a great story, and they even knocked out division rival Green Bay, which was awesome. All solid choices, but I’d go with Campbell by a whisker.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yep, three good choices. The other guy who should be considered even though they won't give it to him is Shanny in SF. He won 12 games w/3 different qbs.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Yep, three good choices. The other guy who should be considered even though they won't give it to him is Shanny in SF. He won 12 games w/3 different qbs.

That’s a good point, esp. with the three QB issue.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season Gameday vs Pittsburgh Other Games final week

Link Copied to Clipboard