Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
Who said they didn't? We know trump didn't. We also know it was the people who found the documents in that building that contacted the national archives to report they had them and turned them over immediately. Voluntarily. Why would they do that in order to hold on to more? Why would they bring attention on themselves needlessly that way? Sometimes you have to look at what makes sense and what doesn't. And yes, just ignore the rest of it.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999301 01/10/23 05:58 PM
A
Legend
Legend
A
Or, maybe just look at the facts. Biden took, and kept classified documents, just as trump did. I don't see the outrage from the left about biden doing it. Hmmm... What I see is excuses.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Look at the Trumpian Hoopleheads trying to compare Biden's attorneys finding docs that they were sent to check for to Trump's lying, hiding, and stealing of sensitive information. And I would go along with cracking down on these things, but Trump's crime was blatant and is ongoing. Biden's 'crime' is making sure he didn't have any issues going forward with Trump about to be prosecuted. I don't care if GOPers find the evidence to send Biden to jail, Joe, or Hunter, but I'll be damned if that gets Trump off the hook. Trump needs to die behind bars at this point.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/10/23 10:32 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Or, maybe just look at the facts. Biden took, and kept classified documents, just as trump did. I don't see the outrage from the left about biden doing it. Hmmm... What I see is excuses.

NO. Biden apparently had docs at the think tank; call me when they find them all over his home and businesses. Trump's crime is nowhere near the same level as Biden's having some docs at a think tank. Trump's actions were intentional, and eventually we'll probably find out he sold state secrets. Unfortunately, he'll probably be dead by then.

A
Legend
Legend
A
As I said, excuses will come. You just did.

What 'think tank'? It was an old office that just happened to have "some" classified documents, and here you are excusing it.

Oh, by the way, classified documents aren't allowed at a "think tank" anyway. But, make excuses.

And it's laughable you feel trump sold state secrets, yet totally ignore that biden might have also.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
No, I'm not making excuses for Biden; I'm saying not one bit of this matters regarding Trump deserving jail time. Do what you want with the Bidens. Trump deserves jail time at a minimum IMO. Personally, I think traitors should be hanged. And I don't think people who voted for traitors should be trusted, either. You and your ilk think they have a gotcha moment over this. Lmao. Haven't you figured out the left is NOT AFRAID to hold our politicians accountable? It's the right that won't prosecute their traitorous trash-ass politicians. And the left will cooperate with any investigation and prosecute any REAL wrongdoing in this Biden docs case, fully and fairly, working with GOPers if need be. When you can say that about Rs, you can throw shade; until then, you can't.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/11/23 12:35 AM.

P
Legend
Legend
P

I'm not sure what part of this you're missing....

There certainly should be an investigation as to how they got there and if they have been kept secure. If they find anything of value in those investigations, investigations should expand from there.

First the facts must be established as to who took them. Thus far we don't know that. We certainly know they ended up in his office. That's not making excuses in case you missed something. We don't know if those documents were ordered by Biden to be taken. I also didn't see any outrage when Trump intentionally lied about having such documents. When it was demanded he turn them over he only turned over a small fraction of them and lied by claiming that's all of them he had. That he refused to comply with a subpoena by continuing to withhold hundreds more of them.

If a connection can be made that Biden ordered or hid these documents as my above comments suggest, further investigations of Biden should move forward. Thus far you have claimed that "Biden took them" which has not been established as a fact.

Maybe you can explain how me saying investigations should begin and go where the evidence of those investigations leads is an excuse? Because it's not.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The DOJ should charge Biden and trump on the same day. Just to be fair. Let the chips fall where they may. Watch how fast Hunter’s laptop is forgotten.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
As I said, excuses will come. You just did.

What 'think tank'? It was an old office that just happened to have "some" classified documents, and here you are excusing it.

Oh, by the way, classified documents aren't allowed at a "think tank" anyway. But, make excuses.

And it's laughable you feel trump sold state secrets, yet totally ignore that biden might have also.

No excuses,, if it's found that Biden took classified documents, then he will deserve the same fate Trump gets.. Nobody is above the law.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Damanshot #1999417 01/11/23 12:51 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well you knew somebody had to show a sense of faux outrage.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999420 01/11/23 01:02 PM
Legend
Legend
... in the house of faux outrage.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1999427 01/11/23 01:24 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Nah. I'm pretty sure that proof of defying subpoenas, claiming you turned over all of the documents when you still kept hundreds of them and forcing the FBI's hand into having to issue a search warrant in order to get them would bring about at least some form of outrage. By anyone that pays attention to that kind of thing of course.

#gmstrong
3rd_and_20 #1999454 01/11/23 03:11 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Nuclear energy official Sam Brinton accused of stealing luggage at 2 different airports is no longer a US Department of Energy employee

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nuclear-energy-official-sam-brinton-031725000.html

He ruined a good job for himself. He was making $178,063 per year. Good money, or at least I think so.

3rd_and_20 #1999459 01/11/23 03:22 PM
Legend
Legend
That’s what usually happens. Put an “R” beside your name and you get a slap on the wrist or less.

– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, this is going to get interesting. I wonder what they did with the ones they didn't turn over.

https://us.cnn.com/2023/01/11/politics/biden-classified-documents/index.html

Biden’s legal team found another batch of government records in search of second location

President Joe Biden’s legal team found another batch of government records in a search of a second location, according to people briefed on the matter.

The discovery came during searches that followed the initial discovery in November of classified documents from Biden’s time as vice president at his former think tank office. That effort led to the discovery of additional documents of interest to federal officials reviewing the matter, one of the sources said.

NBC first reported the new batch of documents and said they included classified documents.

The discovery of the classified documents in November set off alarm bells inside the White House, where only a small circle of advisers and lawyers were aware of the matter. An effort was launched to search other locations where documents from Biden’s time as vice president may have been stored.

The White House declined to comment on the matter.

Earlier on Wednesday, the White House refused to answer a number of critical questions about the classified documents from Biden’s time as vice president discovered inside a private office last fall, citing an ongoing Department of Justice review.

The documents were discovered on November 2, just six days before the midterm elections, but the president’s attorneys only publicly acknowledged the discovery of the documents on Monday – when news reports about the discovery broke.

The government materials were found while closing out a Washington, DC-based office – the Penn Biden Center for Diplomacy and Global Engagement. The items discovered include 10 classified documents including US intelligence memos and briefing materials that covered topics including Ukraine, Iran and the United Kingdom, according to a source familiar with the matter.

Biden said Tuesday that he did not know that some classified documents had been taken to his private office after he had left the vice presidency and that his attorneys “did what they should have done” by immediately contacting the National Archives and Records Administration after the documents were found in November.

The documents, the president said, were found in “a box, locked cabinet – or at least a closet.”

Still, key questions about the situation remain unanswered.

White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre refused to answer a number questions about the documents, citing the Justice Department’s ongoing review of the matter. She could not say who brought the documents into the office or whether other documents were found. Nor could she say whether an audit was underway to locate other possible documents or when the president had been briefed on the discovery of the documents.

She also could not provide assurances there weren’t any additional classified materials in any other offices.

“This is under review by the Department of Justice. I’m not going to go beyond what the president shared yesterday,” Jean-Pierre said, repeating the explanation in so many words over the course of Wednesday’s press briefing. “I’m not going to go beyond what my colleagues at the White House counsel shared with all of you as well.”

The situation has triggered criticism by Republicans, who argue that the federal government has set a political double standard in their approach to mishandled documents. But there is a stark contrast between the emerging scenario with Biden and the ongoing saga with former President Donald Trump – who, for instance, resisted turning over the documents in his possession. Trump’s legal team now believes they will benefit from the revelation that Biden had classified documents in his possession after he left office, multiple sources say.

On Wednesday, Jean-Pierre could not answer critical questions about why Biden or his lawyers did not disclose the discovery to the public earlier, especially given the timing ahead of the 2022 elections.

Jean-Pierre did say she’d spoken with Biden about the unfolding story as they were traveling in Mexico earlier this week. But she said she hadn’t spoken to the president about the documents themselves.

Pressed on whether the way the situation has played out has undercut the president’s longstanding public commitment to transparency, Jean-Pierre responded, “When his lawyers realized that these documents were there, they turned them over to the Archives. They did the right thing.”

Attorney General Merrick Garland has asked the US attorney in Chicago to review the matter, a source familiar with the matter previously told CNN, a process that is still in a preliminary stage.

That US attorney, John Lausch Jr., has already completed the initial part of his inquiry, a source familiar with his work told CNN. He has provided his preliminary findings to Garland, the source said.

That means Garland now faces a critical decision on how to proceed, including whether to open a full-blown criminal investigation. Garland was also personally involved in some of the key decision-making related to the Trump documents investigation and the decision to send the FBI to search Mar-a-Lago.

Trump’s legal team has argued privately that the revelation of the documents in Biden’s possession puts Garland in a tough position of deciding whether to appoint a special counsel.

While Republicans and Trump’s allies have drawn comparisons between the two, Trump had several hundred documents at his Mar-a-Lago residence and resisted the government’s efforts to retrieve them while Biden’s attorneys turned the documents over the day after finding them. Yet Trump’s legal team has discussed the matter internally and ultimately believes it will help their legal case, including their argument about how easy it is for former presidents to take documents labeled classified when they leave office.

“This is huge for us,” one source close to the legal team told CNN.

The White House is also facing bipartisan scrutiny from the Senate Intelligence Committee, the leaders of which sent a letter to Director of National Intelligence Avril Haines asking for access to the documents found at Biden’s private office, a spokesperson for Sen. Marco Rubio told CNN.

The letter from Rubio and the committee’s chairman, Democratic Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, also requests the DNI provide a damage assessment as well as a briefing on both the documents found at Biden’s office and those recovered from Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence, the spokesperson added.

Warner and Rubio submitted a nearly identical request for information following the Mar-a-Lago raid.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Oh, come on now. It was only 12 documents in 1 place...........wait, there's more? In a different place? Eh, move along, nothing to see here folks. Nothing to see at all.

Reported by CNN no less. And they involve Ukraine? As per Cnn

At least the president knew this, even though he didn't know he had the documents in the first case: " the president said, were found in “a box, locked cabinet – or at least a closet.”

But now more documents, in a different location?

But again, ask the libs - this is totally different, right?

Yesterday we were told all the documents were found and returned, yet today we learn of MORE in a different place. Has to make one wonder how many got sold, how many more there are and where, and when the FBI starts raiding biden's homes.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Charge them all. Send Trump to jail first.

Legend
Legend
Oh, come on now. It was only 12 documents in 1 place...........wait, there's more? In a different place? Eh, move along, nothing to see here folks. Nothing to see at all.

At least the president knew this, even though he didn't know he had the documents in the first case: " the president said, were found in “a box, locked cabinet – or at least a closet.”

Yesterday we were told all the documents were found and returned, yet today we learn of MORE in a different place. Has to make one wonder how many got sold, how many more there are and where, and when the FBI starts raiding biden's homes.

There is plenty to see here. Biden is just as guilty for taking classified documents as trump is. And I don’t think the media is downplaying anything as you suggest. Otherwise they wouldn’t cover it as much as they do. Meanwhile the extreme Fox News is covering Biden’s case more than they did trump’s case. And according to trump a sitting president can’t be indicted for anything, remember? And I feel sorry for your ignorance about how trump lied to the FBI, DOJ and the Nation archives on his possession of classified documents. You know the big difference between the two cases.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
I wonder what they did with the ones they didn't turn over.

Probably the exact same thing trump did. rofl

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
It is odd isn't it? The liberal media is reporting it. In fact the very article Super posted was CNN. I've seen stories about it on NBC and CBS as well. And I didn't see any of them downplay it. Not only I but others have said there needs to be an investigation. And arch is still acting like nobody thinks it's a big deal.

Eh, move along, nothing to see here folks. Nothing to see at all.

What a crock of BS.

And as has been pointed out to him, yes the circumstances around what happened are very different. Nobody had to issue a subpoena to get these documents. Nobody refused to comply with a subpoena and lied about having additional documents to the point that a search warrant had to be issued to get the documents.

So yes, in many ways this is different. But somehow that seems to go over arches head.

But in both cases documents were taken that should not have been taken. An investigation of this should certainly move forward. I haven't seen anyone suggest otherwise no matter the tantrum we are all witnessing.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Biden Says Not Like Documents Were ‘Sitting Out in the Street’

rofl Seems Biden has some more "mistakenly placed" documents in his garage with his Corvette.

It's okay Joe, we "know how seriously you take classified documents"...

Or maybe it's "we know how you seriously take classified documents", and you're just having a hard time reading the teleprompter.

Classified documents concerning China, Ukraine, Iran... hmm...

I wonder if any of this has to do with any "significant and voluminous evidence", possessed by the FBI, of potential criminal conduct by James and Hunter Biden?

Eh, probably not... Nothing to see here folks.

FATE #1999607 01/12/23 12:28 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe he declassified them by thinking it?

Trump baselessly claimed he could have declassified documents just by thinking about declassifying them

https://www.businessinsider.com/tru...documents-thinking-about-doing-it-2022-9

Where were you then?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump...

1 member likes this: jfanent
FATE #1999616 01/12/23 12:45 PM
Legend
Legend
rofl typical Goper’s get the pass while sensationalizing the same crime on the opposition. So you can stop with the “nothing to see here” crap, because Goper’s have been playing that game for years.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/12/23 12:56 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE #1999618 01/12/23 12:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FATE
Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump...

Yeah, pointing out the double standard between the two is frowned upon by those who ignored one and focus on the other.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999619 01/12/23 12:48 PM
Legend
Legend
[Linked Image from substackcdn.com]

1 member likes this: jfanent
FATE #1999625 01/12/23 12:58 PM
Legend
Legend
Is that Mitch Mac on hearings for Supreme Court nominations?

– Jackie Robinson
FATE #1999633 01/12/23 01:23 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah that's it. Claiming it's my fault you have shown your hypocrisy between the two is your last ditch, desperation move to deny it. But then when that's all you have left who could blame you?

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999638 01/12/23 01:34 PM
Legend
Legend
That’s his way of claiming some sort of victory. Just throw out a stupid meme to say you’re done here.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend

Sleepy Joe:
"How could that possibly happen? How could anyone be that irresponsible? Just... totally irresponsible." saywhat 🤣

Biden, intimately involved in the raid... said he knew nothing, then the truth came out. #liarinchief

Anyone find it strange that the National Archives initiates an outright raid on Trump. But says nothing about Biden's documents 'til after the midterms... Like, buries the story lol.

Nothing to see here folks.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
Legend
Legend

What did Biden and his team do when informed of the existence of these documents? They immediately turned them in. Both times. No arguments, yelling, screaming, lying.. Nothing. He just turned them in. What did Trump do? Trump accused the FBI of planting them. Then he demanded them back. Think about that,,,, he says the FBI planted them but he wants them back..?

Biden isn't mounting any defense attempting to blame anyone else.. That's all Trump does,, Blame everyone but himself.

Is there a difference,, YEAH.. There is a difference in the way each is handling the situation.

Having said that, if Biden stole those docs, then whatever jail they send trump too, Biden ought to be in the cell next door.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: Jester
FATE #1999659 01/12/23 02:40 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P

And yet absolutely nobody has said that. A figment of your imagination maybe?

#gmstrong
Damanshot #1999661 01/12/23 02:43 PM
Legend
Legend
I really don’t think either will go to jail for having classified documents. But lying to the FBI and DOJ. And just basically not cooperating with their investigation should require some jail time.

– Jackie Robinson
PitDAWG #1999674 01/12/23 03:11 PM
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

And yet absolutely nobody has said that. A figment of your imagination maybe?

Not really.

"Not Like Documents Were ‘Sitting Out in the Street’" BIDEN

"The mishandling of classified information does happen quite a bit, every day within the federal government," CIA

"Just a GOP revenge plan". MSNBC

"These documents were inadvertently misplaced" WHITE HOUSE

"Just a 'small number' of documents" VIRTUALLY EVERYONE

FATE #1999676 01/12/23 03:15 PM
Legend
Legend
The party of law and order. When it’s convenient. Otherwise anything goes. Goper’s pfffft.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/12/23 03:17 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE #1999682 01/12/23 03:36 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
So now the CIA is involved in some coverup? Can you tell me if what the CIA said was inaccurate? I have no idea if it is or not. But then I don't think you do either.

You are posting here on this board. It would seem logical that you are addressing the posters on this board. You have now qualified that as of now you aren't.

Could you explain to me what is incorrect or misleading about the fact it was a small amount of documents?

Most certainly the goal post is that both are wrong. That is the entire premise these discussions are based on is the actual goal post here. There are certainly many differences in how those two cases were handled and conducted beyond that however. Pointing that out isn't moving the goal post. Pointing out that some totally ignored the first instance and focus on the second instance isn't moving the goal post.

As it pertains to the posters on this board I haven't seen anyone claim that in both cases having possession of top secret documents isn't wrong. I haven't seen anyone claim that Biden shouldn't be investigated just like trump was. Of course you will have fringe elements on both sides that try to minimize the wrongdoing depending on their political leanings. But that is the exception to the rule and not the rule itself.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1999693 01/12/23 04:38 PM
Legend
Legend
Uhhh, boy oh boy.

Didn't say the CIA was involved in a cover-up. And yes, that was a statement from the CIA to CNN. I'll get you the link if you want, so you can further psychoanalyze the simple premise... They seem to think it is no big deal.

JUST HOW FAR down a rabbit-hole do you want to go to prove that everything I said was disingenuous because of the simple statement... "Nothing to see here!"??

Just because I make a statement about the pulse of the media and world... and disparity between treatment from president to president, doesn't mean I'm accusing "posters here" of anything. Hell, Former CIA Director Michael Hayden seemed to endorse the execution of former president Donald Trump if Nuclear documents were found. You know, back when everyone was screaming "Nuclear documents!"... for absolutely no reason at all.

I'm pointing out hypocrisy, and the constant downplaying of poor Joe's role in his own hypocrisy. I don't need to qualify that to whether posters here are doing that or not.

1 member likes this: archbolddawg
FATE #1999708 01/12/23 05:46 PM
Legend
Legend
willynilly no outrage shown on right wing media outlets when trump was found holding classified docs or lying to the National Archives, FBI and DOJ. Nothing to see there right?

Goper’s pffft.

– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
These cases shouldn't be compared. They should be investigated and prosecuted separately on their own merits. Finger pointing between the children in office and the media just takes the focus off of the seriousness of these crimes. Yes, they are crimes.....these classified documents were stolen and in the private possession of ex office holders who had clearance and access to them while in office.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: Jester, PerfectSpiral
jfanent #1999722 01/12/23 06:31 PM
Legend
Legend
I agree. I just don’t see a sitting president being charged with a crime in this case. They still haven’t charged trump for any crimes.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 01/12/23 06:34 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Biden Admin

Link Copied to Clipboard