Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#1999582 01/12/23 10:47 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Last year's NFL Playoffs were perhaps the best I have ever seen. It's an exciting time of year for people who enjoy watching football. Wild Card Weekend is typically the worst round of the playoffs, but let's take a quick look at this week's games.

Seattle @ SF: Pete Carroll has once again proven to be an excellent HC and Geno Smith has had a story book year. However, SF has the league's best defense and a ton of weapons surrounding their rookie qb. They should win.

Chargers at Jacksonville: Tough one to call. Jax blew out the Chargers earlier this year. Yet, the Chargers have superior talent. I do think Staley, the Chargers HC is the worst in the league and is wasting prime years of Herbert's career. I'd say this is a toss up.

Miami at Buffalo: The teams split the season series. Tua is out. Buffalo should roll.

Giants at Vikings: Minni won on Christmas Eve when Greg Joseph [remember him?] kicked a 61 yard FG at the end of the game. The Vikings have a lot more talent and should win, but look for the Giants to put up a lot of yards against Minni's defense. It probably doesn't make sense, but I see an upset in the cards.

Ravens at Bengals. The teams split the season series. Lamar is probably out. The Bengals are a well-rounded teams w/a superior qb. It will be a hard-fought game, but Cinci should prevail.

Dallas at Tampa Bay: Dallas should win, but Dak is not playing well and Dallas is not good on grass. Who do you trust----Dak or Brady? The Cowboys should roll, but I would not be shocked to see an upset.

Legend
Legend
Didn't realize there was a Monday Night game... Did we do that last year?

[Linked Image from u.cubeupload.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #1999592 01/12/23 11:21 AM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yes, the Cardinals and Rams played on Monday night last year.

M
Legend
Legend
M
49ers
LA
Bills
Bengals

I think those are all straight forward. Dallas should win but there are some glaring issues for Dallas at the moment. Minnesota should beat the Giants - but they have played poorly recently.

If I watch one game it will be Lawrence vs Herbert - everyone anointed Herbert as the second coming some time ago, but while sometimes he looks sublime, he's also sometimes underwhelmed on the bigger stage. Be interesting to see this game and how it plays out. Pederson for me is coach of the year and if he somehow wins this game i think it would cement that.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
49ers win in a blowout.

Bills in a blowout.

Chargers win a tight one. I think this is the most exciting game of the weekend.

Vikings win.

Bengals cruise to a win.

Cowboys defense does enough to beat Tom Teriffic before he heads to Las Vegas next season.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Seattle @ SF: I don't see any way that Seatlle can pull this off. Geno has certainly had the best season of his career, but Purdy has been on an even better streak and there's no doubt that Shanahan can out coach pretty much any HC in the NFL. San Fran wins easily.

Chargers at Jacksonville: I certainly agree that this is a tough one to call. I really like Jacksonville and will be rooting for them to win. But in the end I think the overall talent level will win out. Chargers in a close one but I hope I'm wrong.

Miami at Buffalo: While Josh Allen has certainly looked more human than usual lately there's no way this game should be close with Tua out. Bills roll easily.

Giants at Vikings: The Vikings have been playing below the threshold of how they played earlier in the season. The Giants have been playing above their threshold from earlier in the season. Momentum has a big influence in the playoffs. But I just think the difference in talent is a little too much. Vikings in a squeaker.

Ravens at Bengals: The Bengals and I don't think it will be that close. With or without Lamar.

Dallas at Tampa Bay: With Dallas and Dak you never know what you're going to see form week to week. Brady has always been a clutch QB but nobody can deny age forever. At some point it gets everyone. If Dallas can light it up early it will be a cake walk for them. If not it will be close and I can't rule out Tom terrific pulling off his usual usual greatness at least for now. Still the Cowboys, other than this past week, have been putting quite a few points on the board. As much as it goes against my feelings on the matter, I'm going to give the Cowboys an edge in this one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
SATURDAY:

NINERS OVER SEAHAWKS
CHARGERS OVER JAGS

SUNDAY:

BILLS OVER DOLPHINS
GIANTS OVER VIKINGS (UPSET SPECIAL)
BUNGALS OVER RATS

MONDAY:

COWBOYS OVER BUCS

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

I have no idea if this will impact anyone's picks, but as a matter of full disclosure for those yet to make your picks I thought I would provide this information.

Bills sign WR Cole Beasley to 53-man roster

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-sign-wr-cole-beasley-to-53-man-roster

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I’m going to say:

San Francisco over Seattle
Jacksonville over LA Chargers
Buffalo over Miami
Minnesota over NY Giants
Cincinnati over Baltimore
Dallas over Tampa Bay

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
49ers
Jags
Bills
Vikings
Bengals
Bucs

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I’m going to say:

Buffalo over Miami
Minnesota over NY Giants
Dallas over Tampa Bay

Smart man smile

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
As long as the Giants and Miami Final is still possible, got to go with that.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
49ers, Chargers, Bills, Vikings, Ravens, Cowboys.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Niners, Jags, Bills, Giants, Ravens, Bucs.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jaybird
I’m going to say:

Buffalo over Miami
Minnesota over NY Giants
Dallas over Tampa Bay

Smart man smile
we’ll see Tuesday morning 😂

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Another questionable decision that backfires on Staley.

Legend
Legend
I don't get it, what backfired?

FATE #1999857 01/13/23 02:52 PM
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
He played the starters almost the entire game that was meaningless. It's not a guaranteed dumb decision, but it was questionable. The guy has made more blunders than any coach in the league the last two years. I predict that Sean Payton will end up w/the Chargers if they don't make a deep Super Bowl run this year. I've heard that they are his desired location.

E
Legend
Legend
E
I’m going to say:

Buffalo over Miami
Minnesota over NY Giants
Dallas over Tampa Bay

I agree with these except Chargers will win.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
San Fran
Jax
Buffalo
NY Giants
Cincy
Tampa

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
49ers
Chargers
Bills
Giants
Bengals
Bucs

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Due to a lot of attention after last year's Buffalo/KC epic playoff game because Josh Allen never got the ball in OT, a new rule was created for playoff games. It goes something like this:

--The OT has been extended to 15 minutes instead of the 10 minute OT in the regular season

--Both teams are guaranteed a possession in OT.

--If the teams are tied after each team has possessed the ball, the game would become Sudden Death, which means that the first team to score would win the game.

--The game would end if both teams score TDs and second team goes for two.

I think the new rule changes the strategy in OT. It's always been to take the ball first in OT. With the new rule in place, teams will now defer. Kicking off to the other team would allow the second team to know exactly what they need in order to win or extend the game. That is a huge advantage based on the flip of a coin.

T
Legend
Legend
T
It was much smarter back in the nineteen eighties. I don't give a # if your team never possessed the ball in OT, you didn't win it in regulation, if you didn't want to lose in sudden death one score overtime, then Don't go to overtime.
We end up with the Worst super bowl winning teams ever with this watered down namby pamby league.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
San Fran. I don’t think Seattle can stop their run game at all.

Jags. I think the Chargers have superior talent but I think their coach will blow this game on stupid calls.

Bengals. The Ravens don’t have a QB

Bills. Miami doesn’t have a QB

Vikings. I think they get it done because of Jefferson

Dallas. I don’t have a lot of faith in Dallas to win when it matters but they are playing a sub .500 team.

#gmstrong
B
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
B
49'ers healthily
Jaguars late and close
Bills big
Giants late and close
Bengals big
Cowboys close

"If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college"
GO ROCKETS
T
Legend
Legend
T
Two NFC teams begin wild card week.
I don't even think the NFL is real football anymore, so the only reason to watch are the matchups.

Yet there are NO, ZERO matchups in the NFC that mean anything to me anymore. None at all, no storyline, it might as well be curling, Curling the Olympic thing.
Welp. I guess it's not worth watching the super bowl anymore.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Remember when that returner attended Columbus area High school football. Remember when that player used to make plays for the Browns at safety.
Not sure the game even started, every time I tuned in it was a commercial so tuned in a different show. looked again, another commercial.

T
Legend
Legend
T
I wish the announcer would not have said " so much more options." you can't use the word much with a word that ends in an s
in that case you need to use the word many. so many more options
the word much can go with a vague concept like patience, but not a plural word like patients.
For people who spent their lives speaking American English, you'd think I could end a sentence with an object.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 01/14/23 06:05 PM. Reason: word not wore

T
Legend
Legend
T
seattle wide receiver got away with a hold to allow that touchdown. It results in a 3 point differential.
Niners lead.

Legend
Legend
Seattle ahead at half. Purdy doesn’t look as sharp. Seattle is such a “hanging around” team

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Wow what a throw and catch from Lawrence to Jones to finish
The Chargers off. Jvilles offense is light years ahead
Of the Browns yet Browns fans want too see a offense .where
Chubb gets the ball 54 times a game

E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Wow what a throw and catch from Lawrence to Jones to finish
The Chargers off. Jvilles offense is light years ahead
Of the Browns yet Browns fans want too see a offense .where
Chubb gets the ball 54 times a game

Did you teleport here from the future because that game hasnt started yet.

No Craps Given
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
rofl

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Are you a motivational speaker?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Will the Browns score 4I points in any game next season???

Fortyniners today scored 4I.

Look, playoff teams are putting up points greater than 23, so it is a legitimate @uestion
can and will the Browns put up 4I plus points, in a game, in the upcoming year?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Already a turnover 2 plays into the late game.

Turnovers are so paramount in playoff games.

Legend
Legend
I think I need to revisit my Chargers/Jags pick... wow... 3 INTs for the Jags so far...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Iluvmyxstripper
Jvilles offense is light years ahead

Lawerence has as many passes to the Chargers as his own team...

<><

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tony Dungy is a horrible announcer.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Lawrence with his 4th INTin the 1st half. crazy

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season NFL 2022 Post Season Wild Card Weekend

Link Copied to Clipboard