Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Legend
Legend
O
Our number one need is a super bowl, period. But I think LT/OL is our biggest need. I can think of 230 million reasons to have the best online in the NFL next season. If we can't get and keep DW going and clean, we aren't going anywhere. DT, LB, and WR are our other glaring needs IMO. We also need to fix the run defense. The run D killed us this year.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/22/23 10:57 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Our number one need is a super bowl, period. But I think LT/OL is our biggest need. I can think of 230 million reasons to have the best online in the NFL next season. If we can't get and keep DW going and clean, we aren't going anywhere. DT, LB, and WR are our other glaring needs IMO. We also need to fix the run defense. The run D killed us this year.
The Bengals proved 2 years in a row you don't need a elite
Oline to get to the playoffs. But you do need playmakers
At TE and WR

Bird #2001135 01/23/23 09:11 AM
V
Legend
Legend
V
Watson will not play out his contract here. I would be unsurprised if the Browns deal him after 3 years.

I'm willing to put BIG money on that one. Wanna wager? And I want this one to be worth my while.

One small thing that underscores a problem is one of the OL, I think Bitonio, said they were going to have to change their blocking because Watson holds the ball.

I don't believe that. Please provide a link. Btw----Baker Mayfield led the league in holding the ball the longest in our playoff year and it wasn't close.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think he does hold the ball, but not out of indecision. He may hold the ball while waiting for a receiver to shake open.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
O
Legend
Legend
O
Or while he tries to decipher a D since he hadn't done much of that in games for two years. Defenses evolve every year, I wouldn't be surprised if he saw some things he never saw before. The league has tape on him playing very well, I'm sure some of these teams have found his weaknesses and probably exploited that with DW not 100% up to speed.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 01/23/23 09:24 AM.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Or while he tries to decipher a D since he hadn't done much of that in games for two years. Defenses evolve every year, I wouldn't be surprised if he saw some things he never saw before. The league has tape on him playing very well, I'm sure some of these teams have found his weaknesses and probably exploited that with DW not 100% up to speed.

I don't doubt there was some of that.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
He held the ball too long this year. No doubt. I think that those predicting Watson continuing to struggle next year have an ulterior motive. I would be absolutely shocked if Watson plays poorly next year. I'm talking less than a 0.05% chance of that happening. The Baker fans want it to be so and continue to dog Watson on here, but I don't see it becoming reality.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 01/23/23 09:50 AM.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
E
Legend
Legend
E
Grrr...typed a bit regarding this topic then I saw the Salami available at Nuts.com and I clicked on it and lost my post...lol laugh

Short version. We need most of all TEAM SPEED!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: bbrowns32
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I don't care if it comes from the interior or the outside, but the defensive front needs more pass rushing ability outside of Garrett. That's my #1 need at this point.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Btw----Baker Mayfield led the league in holding the ball the longest in our playoff year and it wasn't close.

Dear God man, what does any of this have to do with Baker? You're like a dog who has been hanging on to the same bone for almost a year now. I'll send a note to the chef to throw you a fresh one because you really need it. This one has gotten old and stanky.

I can show you what I think they're talking about but I think they may very well be taking it out of context.

The linemen are used to being ignored and doing the dirty work. So it’s not a surprise they’re left to pick up the pieces from the switch to Watson.

Linemen love to run block, so a reduction in rushing attempts is never their preference. And Watson’s desire and ability to extend plays puts extra pressure on the pass protection. He was sacked 20 times this year, including seven vs. the Steelers, and the 3.33 average is slightly above the 3.23 sack average he had with the Texans.

“You just have that mentality that the play could last forever, and no matter what you say, there’s always that little clock in your head where it’s like, ‘OK, I blocked long enough here,’” Bitonio said. “And with Deshaun, it doesn’t seem like it’s ever long enough because he’s trying to make a big play.

“We saw glimpses of what we can be with his ability to improvise, ability to make the big pass when we need to get out of sacks. We have to understand the scramble drill a little bit better. We have to understand our protection, how he’s going to move around the pocket.”

https://www.brownszone.com/2023/01/...n-watson-but-just-how-much-is-a-mystery/

And now back to your regularly scheduled Baker rant.......

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
eotab #2001212 01/23/23 03:28 PM
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by eotab
Grrr...typed a bit regarding this topic then I saw the Salami available at Nuts.com and I clicked on it and lost my post...lol laugh

Must be some salami

How does a league celebrating its 100th season only recognize the 53 most recent championships?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by CapCity Dawg
Originally Posted by eotab

Must be some salami

I had to go to the site and make sure... Looks like some really good salami. I'd go with the Calabrese.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: eotab, CapCity Dawg
Legend
OP Online
Legend
There is no draft thread yet.

So, I didn't know where to put this. A number of posters have listed wide receiver as the top need.

I took a quick look at the top ten posted by PFF:
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-top-10-wide-receiver-rankings

Number nine is Jalin Hyatt from Tenne. listed as a day two guy.

I looked at a little of his film. "A little."

Damn this guy looked good. Smooth and moving a lot faster than the others on the field.

"The 2022 Biletnikoff Award winner had the most impressive big-play season at the position in college football. Hyatt went for 1,267 yards and 15 scores while averaging 18.9 yards per catch."

I have not done a deep dive at all. But last year I saw Pickens and could not believe he was a second day pick.

This guy Hyatt looks for real. Biletnikoff winner award does not come in a cereal box.

I am going to keep an eye on this guy.

Here is the link for the top ten defensive tackles:
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-top-10-defensive-tackle-rankings

Last edited by bonefish; 01/23/23 06:28 PM.
O
Legend
Legend
O
He held the ball too long this year. No doubt. I think that those predicting Watson continuing to struggle next year have an ulterior motive. I would be absolutely shocked if Watson plays poorly next year. I'm talking less than a 0.05% chance of that happening. The Baker fans want it to be so and continue to dog Watson on here, but I don't see it becoming reality.

What would you call poorly? If we don't make the playoffs? If a losing record can be attributed to him? This is an honest question. I expect us to make the playoffs for the investment and I think it's the least we should expect. But I'm also prepared to give him a pass if the coaching blows again next year. Or if we are injury-riddled. I just want a steady dose of elite QB play.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by bonefish
There is no draft thread yet.

So, I didn't know where to put this. A number of posters have listed wide receiver as the top need.

I took a quick look at the top ten posted by PFF:
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-top-10-wide-receiver-rankings

Number nine is Jalin Hyatt from Tenne. listed as a day two guy.

I looked at a little of his film. "A little."

Damn this guy looked good. Smooth and moving a lot faster than the others on the field.

"The 2022 Biletnikoff Award winner had the most impressive big-play season at the position in college football. Hyatt went for 1,267 yards and 15 scores while averaging 18.9 yards per catch."

I have not done a deep dive at all. But last year I saw Pickens and could not believe he was a second day pick.

This guy Hyatt looks for real. Biletnikoff winner award does not come in a cereal box.

I am going to keep an eye on this guy.

Here is the link for the top ten defensive tackles:
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2023-nfl-draft-top-10-defensive-tackle-rankings
Being a Vol fan I was highly impressed with Hyatts production
In 2022. Especially against elite competition like schools
Like Alabama. If you play at a high level vs NFL caliber starters
At the college sometimes it gives a preview of things to come.
Hyatt has a extra gear to blow past CBs playing zone or man
When was the last time the Browns had a WR that could
Blow the top off a defense.?
You score 5 TDs vs Alabama and 15 for the year...that's not
A accident

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I am glad you replied. Thanks.

I don't watch much college ball just the giant games. So, it is welcomed that he is a guy you have seen a lot of.

I watched his highlight tape which of course shows his top plays. But right away you can see he pulls away from people. He has a long stride that reminds me of Josh Gordon.

I am going to key in on him through the draft process. He is the only receiver I have looked at because the PFF site has him going in day two.

I have a suspicion that he will rise up the draft Board.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I posted this on the Off season Upgrades thread. It's about some WRs that might be available when we draft. Hyatt is mentioned in that group.

The draft might be the way to go for a WR. It's a weaker class than the previous few years, bu there is talent that should be available to us. Here are a few guys.

Jalen Hyatt, Tennessee. Had a great season for the Volunteers. He had 67 receptions for 1,267 yards this season. That was 4th best overall. His 15 TDs tied for first overall. Won the Biletnikoff Award last week. Had over 200 yards and 5 TDs against Alabama. Extremely fast. Just runs by guys. Did not play against Man Press very much, so it is unknown if he will be able to run routes against better competition.

Jaxon Smith Najigba, The Ohio State University. Was a preseason Heisman candidate after leading the Buckeyes in catches and yards on a team that had first round picks, Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson. Was hurt almost all year and that will lead to his stock falling. Doesn't possess elite speed, but catches a lot of deep passes. Great hands, expert route runner. His game last year in the Rose Bowl was one of the best ever. Some say he will go in the first round. PFF has him slipping to the 2nd. He will probably work out of the slot.

Rome Odunze, Washington. Had a really good year. Tall at 6'3". Good speed down the field. Explosive after the catch. Strong hands. Sometimes, he catches the ball w/his body. Quick in tight spaces, but not a quick twitch athlete.

Not sure where I got the information. Might have been PFF????

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Thx.

It is that time when I begin the slow process of scouting the draft.

Because we are out of the first round. I will probably look at possible second round picks at DT, Wr, DE, FS.

After the second round it just gets so cloudy. I will just wait till after the draft and then go look at tape on the selections made.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I am glad you replied. Thanks.

I don't watch much college ball just the giant games. So, it is welcomed that he is a guy you have seen a lot of.

I watched his highlight tape which of course shows his top plays. But right away you can see he pulls away from people. He has a long stride that reminds me of Josh Gordon.

I am going to key in on him through the draft process. He is the only receiver I have looked at because the PFF site has him going in day two.

I have a suspicion that he will rise up the draft Board.
The thing about is that going into the season
He wasn't the number 1 WR at UT...that was Cedric Tillman.
Hyatt and Bru McCoy were kinda 2 and 3 in Heupel's
Fastbreak offense. Hyatt really seized the moment
When Tillman got hurt.
He seized it and never let it go.
That tells me he has a work ethic and drive to succeed
Traits that separate good from average...good from great

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I have always believed the old say of "the tape doesn't lie."

I have to amend that to a degree. "If you have the eyes to see."

Sometimes I read comments by people and I wonder what are they looking at? Because what they post sometimes does not indicate they are really seeing what is on the tape.

When you turn the tape on of Hyatt you see fast and smooth. I have to really dig into his tape to see all the nuances of what good receivers can do.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think Hyatt checks a lot of boxes. The unknown about him is probably two-fold. Can he beat Press Man and can he run routes. Due to Heuppel's Modified Spread offense, Hyatt was not asked to do either. He just lined up and ran past guys. That was a common theme on several reports. Not saying he can't do those things, but there is just not enough evidence. Had he done so, he would be a high first round pick.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
I think Hyatt checks a lot of boxes. The unknown about him is probably two-fold. Can he beat Press Man and can he run routes. Due to Heuppel's Modified Spread offense, Hyatt was not asked to do either. He just lined up and ran past guys. That was a common theme on several reports. Not saying he can't do those things, but there is just not enough evidence. Had he done so, he would be a high first round pick.
The thing about Hyatt is that the Browns can draft
Him and he doesn't have to have that pressure of
Being " the man" in the passing offense.
He can come in learn all the WR spots on the field
His resume is better than Bells and Schwartz's.
Maybe the Browns will find a legit WRs coach also.

Hyatt would be a great value pick in RD 2
If a team like the Texans or Colts don't snag him
1st

P
Legend
Legend
P
And that's the one biggest thing fans need to keep in mind. The cream generally rises to the top. The cream will be gone. No matter who they draft in the second round there will be some questions that surround them. At that point you just have to sort out which ones remaining on the board have the fewest questions.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Watched some tape (not a whole lot out there that didn't spend most of the time showcasing his pitch-and-catch vs Alabama). This seems like a pretty fair scouting report as it echoes a lot that my eyes saw... I'm always concerned with WRs that look a bit too 'slight'. I'd like to see about ten pounds of muscle, it shouldn't affect speed too much. Dude gets to full speed pretty quickly and looks like he has good hands. There's a decent chance he'll be there at #43.

NFL Draft Profile: Jalin Hyatt, Wide Receiver, Tennessee Volunteers

Jalin Hyatt
Tennessee Volunteers
Pos: WR
Ht: 6002
Wt: 175
DOB: 9/25/2001
Hometown: Irmo, SC
High School: Dutch Fork
Eligibility: 2023

One Liner:

Hyatt is an elite vertical threat who offers some upside on schemed touches, but he’s a lean slot receiver who runs a limited route tree in an unconventional offense with an underdeveloped release package.

Evaluation:
Hyatt possesses legitimate track speed and should run a 40-time in the high 4.2s or low 4.3s. He plays with excellent foot speed, which helps him set up cuts in his routes and win against press coverage. The junior offers instant burst off the line of scrimmage with lethal acceleration to stack defensive backs. His long strides and explosiveness help him quickly eliminate the defensive back’s cushion when he faces off coverage. Hyatt puts in effort blocking for wide receiver screens and run plays, but his lack of play strength prevents him from excelling in this role. Fortunately, there’s room to add mass to Hyatt’s frame, assuming it doesn’t sap his explosiveness.

He appears to have sufficient arm length to expand his catch radius and make receptions outside of his frame. Some of Hyatt’s best wins come on post, curl, sluggo, and go routes. He tracks the ball well and has examples of soft-hand catches. Hyatt scares college defenses when put in motion, and his speed makes him an excellent option for clear-out routes. The South Carolina native displays good snap at the top of curl routes, but there are instances where he struggles to sink his hips.

Hyatt is a lean receiver who appears high-hipped. His play strength and lack of contact balance prevent him from generating yards after contact, and many of his routes are more rounded than crisp. Hyatt’s play strength shows up against press coverage. He struggles to fight through jams and has trouble creating separation against aggressive corners, who can bump the Fred Biletnikoff Award winner off his route.

Hyatt struggles to combat the hands of defensive backs in press coverage. He needs to fill out his underdeveloped release package and become more comfortable hand-fighting with defenders. Hyatt lines up pre-snap with a high and upright stance, which provides a big target for defenders. The All-SEC receiver generates yards after the catch with speed, but he’s not elusive or twitchy in small spaces. He runs a limited route tree in Tennessee’s space-manufacturing offense and benefits from primarily playing in the slot. Hyatt has a poor feel for holes in zone and doesn’t always work back to his quarterback when the play breaks down.

Drops remain a slight issue, and there are several examples of body catches on Hyatt’s tape. Despite his speed, the former four-star recruit doesn’t consistently generate separation coming out of his cuts. Hyatt doesn’t always run routes full speed on plays not designed to his side of the field, which frequently occurs in Tennessee’s offense. He has limited to no special teams experience with the Volunteers.

Grade:
3rd Round

Background:
Hyatt was a four-star recruit from Dutch Fork High School in Irmo, S.C. in the class of 2020. He was the No. 197 recruit according to 247Sports, No. 194 for Rivals, and No. 174 for On3.com. Hyatt was an unranked four-star recruit for ESPN with an 80 grade out of 100. He originally committed to Virginia Tech before flipping to Tennessee. Hyatt committed to the Volunteers over offers from Arkansas, Kentucky, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, Penn State, Virginia, Wake Forest, West Virginia, and other Power 5 programs. He holds Dutch Fork’s career records in receiving yards (3,624) and receiving touchdowns (57). Hyatt spearheaded back-to-back undefeated seasons capped with South Carolina Class 5A state titles in 2018 and 2019. He was a finalist for South Carolina’s Mr. Football award in 2019 when he caught 66 passes for 1,361 yards and 26 touchdowns. Per MaxPreps, Hyatt produced 71 receptions for 1,316 yards and 21 touchdowns as a high school junior and 43 receptions for 947 yards and ten touchdowns as a sophomore.

He won four consecutive 5A state championships in high school and earned offensive MVP honors in the Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas. Hyatt reportedly ran a 4.31 laser-timed 40-yard dash at The Opening Regional. He’s also credited with running a 10.46 100-meter dash and 21.14 200-meter dash. Hyatt has been playing football since he was five years old. His younger brother (Devin) plays football at IMG Academy. His father played college basketball, and his mother was an All-State sprinter. Hyatt was born on Sept. 25, 2001. He won the Fred Biletnikoff Award in 2022 and earned a First-Team All-SEC selection.

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/jalin-hyatt

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Like you said. "What was he asked to do?"

That is super important when looking at college players. The skills taught in the pros will include things like downfield blocking.

The nuances of hand use to beat jam press man are skills some of these guys are not taught. The defenses they face and the techniques of the opponents they face are way different in the pros.

Not their fault. IMO you look at what he has. Find out about how he receives and incorporates instruction.

At the college level speed is important. So is the way he receives the ball. How natural is he as a catcher of the football. Can he make contested catches.
I like guys that fight for the ball. Last season I saw tape on George Pickens. I saw a guy who was a demon when the ball was in the air. Like that ball is mine. I love that in receivers. The NFL the corners are good. Guys fight for the ball. Being wide open by ten yards and catching the ball only shows speed or separation. That is fine but you have to have technique and you have to fight for the ball.

Some things can be taught and guys develop. So far all I know of Hyatt is his natural ability.

My first take sparked interest because he looks naturally gifted.

FATE #2001408 01/24/23 06:07 PM
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Guys kind of naturally fill out. Early twenties there is still growth to come although some guys like Schwartz maybe not.

Some guys you can see they may be slight at 21 but you can tell that he will gain weight and strength.

"His long strides and explosiveness help him quickly eliminate the defensive back’s cushion when he faces off coverage."

Interesting because i saw that and referenced Josh Gordon. Gordon was a long strider. But damn he ate up "off man" coverage real fast. That can kind of stride can be deceptive. Then the dude blows past you.

I like studying draft prospect tape. Skill positions in particular are fun to break down. Line play I can get into as well as the other positions. But I really enjoy guys who touch the ball.

Every draft I will find players that I just like no matter where they play. Then where ever they end up I still pay attention.

In baseball I am go nuts over rookies who I see that really shine in my eyes. The Braves rookie center fielder Michael Harris was called up in like May or June. I told my son this guy is really good. He won ROY. I believe he will win multiple MVP's.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
Time to start a Draft Thread.

Not sure how that happens? If it is a site decision?

V
Legend
Legend
V

I am assuming Ref 3 will start it after the Super Bowl.

V
Legend
Legend
V
One more thing, I am not saying whether or not Hyatt should be the guy or not. I was just providing information. Hell, he's the first WR in the draft I talked about.

Legend
OP Online
Legend
I have watched one highlight tape and that was Hyatt.

Lot of time and tape to see before april something.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I am assuming Ref 3 will start it after the Super Bowl.

will Ref 1 and 2 be on the sideline during the Superbowl?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
OP Online
Legend
https://dawgpounddaily.com/2023/01/26/4-early-contenders-cleveland-browns-second-round-pick-2023/2/

I just watched Rice the Wr.

I like him. Good hands. One thing stands YAC. He has that feel for YAC. He wants it. The tape shows he usually gets past the first guy.

In addition he gets separation.

I only watched his highlight tape but he is a guy to follow.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And as far as 40 times go he wasn't fast either. But in terms of WR's quickness has always been more important than speed.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Cleveland Browns: Daron Payne
How do you fix an ailing run defense? Well, signing a 6-foot-3, 320-pound Pro Bowl defensive tackle could help. Payne would be an ideal complement to Myles Garrett on Cleveland’s D-line. It’s imperative for the Browns to add a big body alongside their star pass-rusher.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/one-free-agent-player-fit-every-nfl-team-2023

Last edited by SaintDawg; 01/26/23 05:00 PM.

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
P
Legend
Legend
P
RUN STUFFING DEFENSIVE TACKLE BOTH IN FA AND THE DRAFT ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
1 member likes this: lampdogg
L
Legend
Legend
L
I liked that you went all caps

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
M
Legend
Legend
M
He must be super duper serious.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Browns: Which 2023 NFL Draft wide receivers could add explosiveness to the offense?
Jacob Roach
Thu, January 26, 2023 at 7:20 AM EST

The offense of the Cleveland Browns has continued to be limited by the inability to stretch the field vertically. The plan was for Anthony Schwartz to fill that role but two years in there hasn’t been much success as the Browns need to improve their wide receiver room. A few players are available in free agency, but the best route may be through the 2023 NFL Draft.

This class isn’t as good as last year’s, but there are still some nice receiver prospects in this year’s draft. Let’s take a look at five potential draft targets for the Browns to take the offense to the next level with a home run threat that you must respect deep down the field.

Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee
If you turn on the film of Tennessee’s Jalin Hyatt, one word comes to mind, and that’s explosive. Hyatt possesses elite-level speed and knows how to use it to make big plays. If you want to turn on one game to know how much of a weapon Hyatt’s speed is what the game against Alabama this season.

Against the Crimson Tide Hyatt recorded six catches for 207 yards and five touchdowns. Alabama’s defense is full of players that will be playing in the NFL soon and they had no answer for Hyatt’s raw game-changing speed.

Zay Flowers, Boston College
Boston College’s Zay Flowers possess great speed and he knows exactly how to use it. He possesses great body control and can throttle up and throttle back down really well. Flowers creates a ton of separation and can make people miss in the open field.

Primarily playing from the slot, where the Browns need the most help, he could slide right into the perfect role in Cleveland. It will be interesting to see if the Browns value speed in the slot or from the outside.

Tyler Scott, Cincinnati
When you turn on the film with Tyler Scott you see a player with all the tools and ability to be a good NFL player. Scott has already run a 40 in less than 4.3 seconds before he gets to the NFL combine to turn heads in February. Truly has game-changing speed that can great explosive plays in a hurry.

An above-average route runner he understands how to use his speed with impressive body control. Scott could be the missing piece to the Browns’ offense for a successful 2023.

Marvin Mims, Oklahoma
Another slot receiver with elite speed is the electric Marvin Mims from Oklahoma. Mims averages nearly 20 yards per reception in his college career while averaging 22 and 20.1 per reception in 2021 and 2022 respectively.

This year Mims finally broke 1,000 receiving yards this past season he has shown improvement each year in college. Mims isn’t a great blocker, though he wasn’t asked to do much in college, but has the tools to challenge teams vertically consistently.

Nathaniel Dell, Houston
Nathaniel Dell had a great season for Houston this year with 109 catches for 1,398 yards and an incredible 17 touchdowns. A crisp route runner with quick feet and explosive speed off the line Dell is a big play waiting to happen. Dell can create extra yardage in the open field with his speed and ability to change direction quickly.

The concerns with Dell come from his smaller frame and injury risk with his overall lack of speed. He can struggle in press-man coverage to get off the line but if he is given an inch he can great big plays consistently.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
OP Online
Legend
Long time till the draft but after a quick look at Hyatt.

Guys like him don't get to the second. I see him on some sites as a second day pick. But as time goes by and guys like him rise quickly.

Speed, production, decent size, football school.

Last edited by bonefish; 01/27/23 08:09 AM.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I am not saying that he won't be able to separate at the LOS against Press-Man or that he can't run routes, but I think it is an error in judgement to not be cautious of him never showing that he can do those things in college. And those are the reasons why he might be a Day 2 choice.

The NFL is littered w/really fast guys that excited people during the draft only to do next to nothing in the NFL.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Number One Need

Link Copied to Clipboard