Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
It's the Final Four of NFL football. We have two #1 seeds, and #2 seed, and a #3 seed. Four really, really good teams in what looks like two good matchups.

San Francisco at Philadelphia

Sunday at 3:00.

Eagles are a 2 pt favorite. Over/Under is 45.5

Two very talented rosters w/stars all over the place. Both teams have a nice mix of physicality w/athletic skill players who can make you pay. SF has the league's best defense, but will be challenged by WRs AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith, TE Dallas Goedert, and three good RBs, led by Miles Sanders. Jalen Hurts was the MVP front runner until suffering a late-season shoulder sprain. Dude came from nowhere and has grown more than perhaps any qb in the league since he came from college.

The Eagles have the best OL in the league. They dominated a stout NY Giant front four. Defensively, the Eagles had 70 sacks on the season. That is the most since the '85 Bears. Think about that. They have outstanding cornerbacks and the safety play is good, too. They have struggled against the run at times.

SF, once again, has the league's top rated defense. They have a great front four, led by Nick Bosa and Arik Armstead, the best ILBer in football Fred Warner, and two other fast, aggressive LBers. They are loaded on offense w/stars like Run CMC, Deebo, Kittle, Aiyuk, and the league's best LT--Trent Williams. They are rolling w/Brock Purdy, the last pick in this past draft. He's captured the interest of the football world.

I think this should be a great game provided neither qb chokes. Both have minimal playoff experience. I think SF can run on Philly and Bosa has a good match-up in regards to rushing the passer. I think Philly's WRs can beat the 49er corners at times. Should be a great game.

Cincinnati at Kansas City

Sunday at 6:30

KC was a 2.5 pt favorite, but I'm pretty sure the Bengals are now favored by 1.5. The Over/Under is 49.5

Unlike the NFC game, this contest features established QBs, who are trending as the top 2 QBs in the league right now. Mahomes is a magician. Great competitor. He makes something out of nothing more than any qb who has ever played the game. Burrow is intelligent, sound qb who also has the swag. His confidence is unlimited. He's a tactician and a tremendous leader.

Both teams have stars on the team. The Bengals have the best WR room in the league w/Chase, Higgins, and Boyd. The Chiefs have Kelce and a group of lesser names who get it done.

KC has a great OL. Cinci does not.

Mixon is a very good RB for the Bengals. KC uses multiple backs.

The Bengals front four is for real. The Chiefs DL is very good, too and are led by Chris Jones, who was perhaps the league's best interior lineman this year.

The Bengals beat KC three times in 2022. Twice last year that included winning in KC in the AFC Championship game and once this regular season. They are looking to go 4 and 0 against KC in a short period of time.

Mahomes high ankle sprain is a huge concern for KC, especially w/the Bengal D generating so much pressure.

Despite having two great qbs and legit stars all over the field, this game might come down to which team can protect their qb the best or conversely, which team can generate the most pressure on D.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
What two totally different games. Stacked rosters on one end and elite QB's on the other. Very exciting.

I'm going with Philly and KC.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Philly
Bengals (yuck)

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I have no idea who is winning... I'm hoping for Cincy and Niners... which means it'll probably be Eagles and KC...

<><

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Niners and I don't care... I just want Purdy to get a shot to make huge history.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ive got Philly and the bungles

SaintDawg™

Football, baseball, basketball, wine, women, walleye
M
Legend
Legend
M
Eagles
Bengals

B
Legend
Legend
B
Fun fact.

There are more 1st round IDL alone

- Armstead

- Davis & Cox

- Chris Jones

.... Than there are 1st round DB's between the 4 remaining playoff teams.

- Jimmie Ward. 30th overall from 2014.

This is not counting 1st round edge players ...

- Brandon Graham

- Joey Bosa

... Who also out' number 1st round DBs.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Bengals verses Chiefs.

The last three times the Bengals and the Chiefs have faced off, the Bengals have won the game. Those games were with a healthy Mahomes playing. I high ankle sprain is no joke. There are certainly different levels of severity to such an injury but it still remains to some degree. I certainly would like to see the Chiefs win. But in my eyes the injury to Mahomes obviously impacted his play quite negatively. And even if it heals up enough to not appear severe to start the game, I have little faith it will hold as the game progresses. I was very worried about the injuries on the Bengals OL last week after their previous game, but somehow they managed to mitigate those injuries and they did quite well last week against a stout Bills defensive front.

Advantage Bengals.

49'ers verses Eagles.

Once again my choice of who I want to win is the 49'ers. But I have to look at last weeks games. Dak played like crap. He gifted two int's to that 49'ers D and the Niners still couldn't muster their average scoring since Purdy became the starter. Not even close. His starts were average around 35 points per game and even with the turnovers the Niners could only muster 19. I like the Purdy story and Shanahan is probably my favorite NFL HC. But I think the Cowboys D exposed the weaknesses of Purdy.

Let's face it, people can certainly overlook talent in the draft. I mean Brady was a sixth round pick. But that's the exception to the rule and not the rule itself. As such, Purdy has a lot of talent but for every other team in the NFL passing on him seven times, it's only logical he had some weaknesses to his game. A HC like Shanahan can scheme to hide those weaknesses, but only for so long. At some point another NFL HC will look at his tendencies and force him to face things he doesn't usually face and force him to do things he doesn't usually do. At that point, when and if it works, the book is then written.

While I know some won't agree, that's what I thought I saw last week. Pressure certainly impacts most all QB's. It's very rare to find a QB who performs as well under pressure as he does with time in the pocket. And for a right handed QB, it's much easier to roll right than to roll left and get leverage while throwing the ball. As such that's exactly what the Cowboys D did last week. Forced Purdy to roll left.

They applied a lot of pressure on Purdy last week. And they made sure to seal up his right side so that when he did have to roll out, he was forced to roll to his left. This greatly lowered the point total that San Fran was able to produce. I like the probability that the Eagles will do the same thing. Of course it's hard for me to undervalue Shanahan's ability to see a problem and diagnose a way to fix it.

Jalen Hurts isn't Dak Prescott. I don't see Hurts making those dumb mistakes the way Dak did. There were certainly questions whether Hurts was healed and or how effective he would be coming back from injury. But last week he checked all the boxes in that regard.

Advantage Eagles.

According to that breakdown, neither team I'm rooting for to win will do so. Hopefully all of my thoughts on how these games will go won't come to pass. Either way I'll still enjoy watching the games.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
No combination of winners would surprise me. I think it’ll be Cincy and Philly though

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Anyone but Cintucky I am sick of hearing WHO DEY!!!

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Ok I am 8-2 So far not bad here are my Championship picks:

EAGLES OVER NINERS
CHIEFS OVER BUNGLES fingerscrossed

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
Legend
The KC/Cincy line has been all over the place. It’s obviously all about Mahomes’ ankle

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
C
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
C
Originally Posted by jaybird
I have no idea who is winning... I'm hoping for Cincy and Niners... which means it'll probably be Eagles and KC...

my thoughts exactly

O
Legend
Legend
O
Chiefs - Niners

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes felt first practice went better than expected

Kansas City Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes provided reporters with an update on his ankle injury during his press conference on Thursday.

The latest comes a day following Mahomes completing a walkthrough followed by a full practice session on Wednesday, plus another walkthrough on Thursday morning. On Wednesday, he was excited at the opportunity to test out his ankle. Speaking to the media, Mahomes said he felt things went better than expected during his initial practice session.

“Yeah, I thought I had a good day yesterday,” Mahomes said. “Obviously, there were things you’ve got to work through here and there, but overall, it was probably better than I expected, being able to go out there and throw the football around and get the reps in that I needed to get in.”

Speaking on his mobility and ability to throw on the run, Mahomes said he feels like he can still do plenty, but some of that might be determined at the moment during the game on Sunday.

“Obviously, I feel like I can still do a lot of things,” Mahomes said. “But we’ll see as we get closer and closer and we’ll see during the game. I mean, you can’t fully do exactly what (situation) you’re going to be in, in those moments during the game. All I can do is prepare myself in the best way possible and when we get in the game, you hope adrenaline kind of takes over and you can get in those throws when you need to.”

As far as what Mahomes was able to accomplish in practice, he said he tried to treat everything like a normal Wednesday. He’s expecting another test and challenge in practice on Thursday, but ultimately he knows that he can’t prepare himself 100% for the things that he might face during the game.

“You try to go as far as you can and do exactly what you’d do on a normal Wednesday practice,” Mahomes said. “Luckily, Wednesday isn’t the hardest practice of the week so you get through the motions and you kind of do some stuff and move here and there. Today will be another test, a little bit of a harder practice, a little bit more speed. But like I said, you’re not going to be able to prepare yourself 100% for the game, but you can do the best you can to put yourself in those positions and hopefully, by the end of the week you’re in a better spot to go out there and do what you need to do to win.”

Mahomes had some very high praise for the Chiefs’ training staff and weight staff, along with his personal trainer Bobby Stroupe, when it comes to the preventative work they do to limit severe injuries.

Mahomes says that they’ve helped to prepare his body in the best way possible to bounce back in this particular moment.

“Yeah, I’ve got a lot of good people around me everywhere,” Mahomes said. “You can talk about the training staff here, you talk about the weight staff here and then you talk about (personal trainer) Bobby (Stroupe). I mean, we do a lot of things, kind of preventative stuff. You can’t prevent all injuries, but you can prepare your body the best way possible, so that whenever stuff like this last game happens you’re able to bounce back quickly. We’ve done a lot of ankle and knee and foot stuff, especially after my last few injuries I’ve had. And I think that has prepared me to bounce back quickly here and be able to be in a good spot so that hopefully I’m able to go out there and give 100% during the game.”

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/202...tter-than-expected-after-first-practice/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
Bengals/Eagles

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Ok I am 8-2 So far not bad here are my Championship picks:

EAGLES OVER NINERS
CHIEFS OVER BUNGLES fingerscrossed

We've had all the same picks so far... and I like these ones too.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
L
Legend
Legend
L
Go KC, I hate the Bungles. A 49ers SB would be kinda cool, always loved Montana and that SF team from the 80s. Plus they’d match Pittsburgh in Super Bowl wins

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Let’s hope Joe Burrow is a modern day Jim Kelly.
Burrow has yet to be defeated by Mahomes. My guess is today will be more of the same. My hold out of hope is he then loses his second SB in a row. Kelly-esk.
Likely it won’t be his last chance to play in another.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
O
Legend
Legend
O
I am rooting for Purdy today. I hope KC beats Cinci, but they earned being here.

Legend
Legend
Spread starting to lean to KC

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
I don't know how the games will turn out, but damn man, these are really two excellent match-ups. You really couldn't ask for two better contests that the two we got this weekend. I am extremely excited to watch these games!

P
Legend
Legend
P
I agree. They both have the potential to be exciting match ups! My only real concern that may impact that is I'm not sure Mahomes high ankle sprain won't rear it's ugly head somewhere along the line today. Watching how much it limited him last week I see as a real cause for concern. Even if he comes out looking okay I question how long that will hold up.

I'm certainly hoping that isn't the case. I would love to see these teams compete at their highest levels.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
GO CHIEFS

Legend
Legend
Game time

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Go KC, I hate the Bungles. A 49ers SB would be kinda cool, always loved Montana and that SF team from the 80s. Plus they’d match Pittsburgh in Super Bowl wins

I agree, I hate all of the AFCN opponents. I actually went the the bungles/49ers game the year they met during the 1981 regular season and then met in the Super Bowl. They beat them in Cincy too, 21-3. Montana actually used that play where he hit Dwight Clark streaking across the back of the end zone just like he did in the playoff game vs Dallas. Mean Dog Dean, Ronnie Lott and co. shut Kenny Anderson, Collinsworth and Isaac Curtis down that day and had 6 turnovers.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
49ER'S should give that QB walking papers at halftime, just cost them thier season. Fumbling the snap happens but the lack of urgency to jump on a loose ball(which he easily could have recovered) is as bad as when Cam Newton opted not to do so in his superbowl appearance.

L
Legend
Legend
L
I thought he tried to scoop up his fumble to make a play but he couldn’t corral it.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Refs have turned this game into absolute trash. Hurts in now a running back that is not allowed to be hit or tackled. Think I'll turn it off, maybe the next game will be better.

Legend
Legend
Man feel bad for niners... once Purdy got hurt this game was over...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I don't watch a ton of pop singers... so honestly couldn't name a Rhiana song... but she 100% looks like she should be in whoville from Dr. Seus with that haircut smile

<><

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Yep, 49er's pretty much had no QB after that. I really don't like the Eagles anyway. Like Pittsburgh's little brother, those Pennsyvania teams. frown

Legend
Legend
Thank goodness. Would probably skip the Super Bowl if I had to watch that arrogant trash team in it.

Goodnight 9ers.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let's go Chiefs!

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Knight
Yep, 49er's pretty much had no QB after that. I really don't like the Eagles anyway. Like Pittsburgh's little brother, those Pennsyvania teams. frown

yeah... I like Hurts... can't stand Eagles fans... just hoping for good games at this point...

hopefully AFC game will be competitive... I basically turned the NFC game off at half time. Still had it on but turned sound off and watched a movie on the computer...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
One of the worst games I can remember … Philly on its way

Legend
Legend

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1619851095416934400
Here's the laterals play from the Chiefs

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 01/29/23 08:15 PM.

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2022 NFL Season NFL 2022 Post Season The Conference Championship Games

Link Copied to Clipboard