Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
I went to that link. As soon as there was ‘herd immunity’ talk I stopped. There is no herd immunity with COVID. Period. So anything after that is not worth being discussed.

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Well he had to drop a pile somewhere.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Well, herd immunity was first mentioned about 3/4 of the way into the article, so at least you got that far.

No comment on Dr's, and professors opinions? Or, is it a political thing for you?

Legend
Legend
Twitter has the right to sensor anyone they want. They use cdc guidelines. Tough luck. If these Doctors think they can get free speech for $8 a mo., well then they’re a bunch of quacks.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep. My vaccinated son just caught it from a coworker (vax status unknown) who came to work with the sniffles. This is his fourth time having it in two and a half years. And did I mention he's vaxxed? His dumbass only got the first two though, because he figures he has natural immunity now. I asked him how that worked out for him; he wasn't amused.

What I do know is that I am highly compromised with my comorbidities. Yet, unless they misdiagnosed influenza 'A' that almost killed me (doctors talking vent) just a few weeks before the covid threat was known to be in America, the complete vax regiment has protected me and kept me from getting covid. Or if I did have it at any point, I didn't know because I never became ill.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/09/23 04:25 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Well, herd immunity was first mentioned about 3/4 of the way into the article, so at least you got that far.

No comment on Dr's, and professors opinions? Or, is it a political thing for you?

Not political. I agree that some aspects of the lockdowns were not great for society or business. That said, proclaiming that letting all the younglings and healthy folk run free to catch COVID and build herd immunity should have been the plan, is asinine as herd immunity isn’t a thing as it pertains to COVID. In turn it makes the rest of what’s said appear to come from a ‘political’ place and not one of actual public health.

[Linked Image]
FATE #2003459 02/10/23 11:51 AM
M
Legend
Legend
M

lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
#science

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2003464 02/10/23 12:09 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
#deafness

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
Well perfect, that short little post generated three thoughts for me. First, all freedom loving Americans should be grateful that you are not in charge of who can speak and what they can say. Actually I think most Americans are grateful that no one is in charge of who can speak and what they can say. Thank you founding fathers for that great first amendment!!!

Second, what is the charge for being able to exercise free speech?? It isn’t $8 obviously but what is it??

Third, you are being deliberately deceptive when you say a private company can do what they want because as you know that is not what happened. “They use cdc guidelines” sounds so innocent and innocuous. What really happened was reps from the cdc, and other alphabet agencies met with twitter execs on a regular basis. They would bring a list at accounts that the feds did not like. They wanted twitter to minimize their exposure to people, block them, make sure those accounts did not see the light of day. Soon thereafter the cdc would receive the email, “dealt with”. Hmm. When a company does it at the behest of the feds sounds like censorship to me.

Picture this. It is 50 years ago, early 70’s. Neil Sheehan is preparing a series of articles based upon Ellsburg’s pentagon papers for the New York Times. Gonna be a huge story ! The White House gets wind of it so they dispatch H.R Halderman to the publisher of the Times. H.R tells them how dangerous these papers are, how they will jeopardize national interest, and that these articles need to be stopped, never see the light of day. By the time H.R got back to the White House an “email” was waiting…”dealt with”…….lol. Right!!!! Not really. Actually Halderman would have gotten his answer immediately. Not dealt with , but “you can stick that request where the Sun don’t shine. Because back then liberals valued free speech. Now the looney lefties only value it for themselves . Sad!

1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Just when things get dull and boring here we can always count on you to come along for a little comic relief. Thanks for that.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It's funny that you find that funny.

FATE #2004531 02/19/23 06:35 PM
K
All Pro
All Pro
K
You know fate, some folk’s life philosophy is I’ve already made up my mind don’t confuse me with the facts.

What is really ironic is the number of times the cdc had twitter sensor people who down the road turned out to be 100% correct. I remember the Stanford doc whose twitter account was blocked at the behest of the cdc. Why? Because he argued that closing schools would have little/no effect on the virus but would set kids education back terribly, maybe irreparably. He was right.

The researchers who were referencing studies showing that natural immunity is far stronger and and longer lasting than vaccine acquired immunity. They were censored and they were right.

They just released a compilation of data suggesting that mask wearing had minimal effect on the virus. Preliminary results to be sure but if that came out a year ago it would have been censored.

Last edited by keithfromxenia; 02/19/23 06:36 PM.
2 members like this: MemphisBrownie, FATE
Legend
Legend
Twitter is a private company and has the right to serve or not to serve anyone they want. Don’t like it, sue ‘em. It’s not my policy pal. They are the ones charging people for what they say is a freedom of speech not me. I have no idea why anyone would use that platform anyways. Regular doctors and scientists reached the masses by other means all the time before twitter. And throwing out that twitter has censored doctors, scientists and others that turned out to be 100% correct without naming 1 is how misinformation starts.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
They are the ones charging people for what the say is a freedom of speech not me.

I can post on Twitter, give my opinion, retweet something I like, comment positively or negatively to anything I want to, and I don't pay a dime.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Good for you. Enjoy the rabbit hole. Try posting some misinformation about Covid that could threaten millions of lives. You’ll get Da boot.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 02/20/23 10:23 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Good for you. Enjoy the rabbit hole. Try posting some misinformation about Covid that could threaten millions of lives. You’ll get Da boot.

'Misinformation' about Covid on twitter? Oh, the irony.

I'd love to go back to the original comment and get the argument about how one's free speech is only enabled when they pay.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Legend
Legend
Exactly. why real doctors and scientists shy away from all that moronic twitter nonsense.

Not a user. but as I understand it…Twitter charges $8 a mo for verification. Accounts verified by twitter are usually celebrities, politicians, and other professionals that the common unverified free twitter users follow.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 02/20/23 10:43 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
I'd love to go back to the original comment and get the argument about how one's free speech is only enabled when they pay.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
See above. Edited to answer that.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
There is a lot wrong with that assessment except for the $8. Still, in no way does that assessment, if 100% true, deny free speech until someone pays.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I never implied that at all, sorry if that’s the way you understood it. Verification costs $8 a mo. for what twitter calls free speech. That’s what I said earlier.
They are the ones charging people for what they say is a freedom of speech not me.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 02/20/23 11:23 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
M
Legend
Legend
M
Again, this is wrong no matter how you want to reposition your argument.

You should have said "I'm not a Twitter user, so I don't really know. I just regurgitated something I saw in an article."

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: jfanent
Legend
Legend
Lol … ok bro. Good conversation. Pfft

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
They love to skirt around the fact that freedom of speech only applies to Congress shall make no law...abridging freedom of speech. It's so convenient for them to ignore that to make an argument that doesn't exists.

Last time I checked congress passed no law to infringe on free speech and neither the CDC nor any social media company is the congress.

#gmstrong
FATE #2004608 02/20/23 01:55 PM
E
Legend
Legend
E
The 1st Amendment "Freedom of Speech" only says the Government can't arrest you for what you say. It doesn't protect you from consequences of what you say, such as getting kicked off twitter. A private company can manage however they see fit. But they also have to face the consequences of that. They silenced voices on the right, so now their reputation is in the trash.

No Craps Given
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, PerfectSpiral
Legend
Legend
They’ve also silenced libtards. Goes both ways.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by keithfromxenia
You know fate, some folk’s life philosophy is I’ve already made up my mind don’t confuse me with the facts.

What is really ironic is the number of times the cdc had twitter sensor people who down the road turned out to be 100% correct. I remember the Stanford doc whose twitter account was blocked at the behest of the cdc. Why? Because he argued that closing schools would have little/no effect on the virus but would set kids education back terribly, maybe irreparably. He was right.

The researchers who were referencing studies showing that natural immunity is far stronger and and longer lasting than vaccine acquired immunity. They were censored and they were right.

They just released a compilation of data suggesting that mask wearing had minimal effect on the virus. Preliminary results to be sure but if that came out a year ago it would have been censored.

I hear ya. I see what you are saying. I just can't get over Republicans politicizing medical life-saving measures during a pandemic with a disease no one knew anything about that was dropping people like flies at the time. And now seeing grown-ass men cry months or years later about being treated poorly, like the children having an endless tantrum and screaming unfair for being corrected when they were blatantly wrong. Where I come from, you'd be told to grow a set, man up, and shut up. I guess that's where you think your rights are being infringed upon. Yeah, screw my right to not die because you want to be a tantrum-throwing Trumpian during a pandemic. Pfft, you can't make this crap up. rolleyes

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
The 1st Amendment "Freedom of Speech" only says the Government can't arrest you for what you say. It doesn't protect you from consequences of what you say, such as getting kicked off twitter. A private company can manage however they see fit. But they also have to face the consequences of that. They silenced voices on the right, so now their reputation is in the trash.

If my reputation was in the trash because all of the Trumpians in the world were mad at me... I would consider that a job WELL DONE. And whoever handled that work while Trump was trying to overthrow the government should be given a congressional medal of honor.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 02/20/23 05:00 PM.

FATE #2004638 02/21/23 12:28 AM
E
Legend
Legend
E

No Craps Given
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
But this was only 65 studies from 19 different countries, from a trusted global health journal. Suggesting that natural immunity, as has been demonstrated since the beginning of mankind, is better than a man-made vaccine... is ludicrous. Anyone believing that -- before, during or after it becoming fact -- should be stoned.

FATE #2004642 02/21/23 04:12 AM
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
But this was only 65 studies from 19 different countries, from a trusted global health journal. Suggesting that natural immunity, as has been demonstrated since the beginning of mankind, is better than a man-made vaccine... is ludicrous. Anyone believing that -- before, during or after it becoming fact -- should be stoned.

Ok, so how many millions would have had to die to get there? To get to herd immunity? You armchair scientists astound thinking people.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
There. Is. No. Herd. Immunity. To. COVID.

‘Natural (temporary) immunity’ means your dumb ass caught it. Who wants to get sick so that they can’t get sick for a little while?!

Wear a knz95 mask. Problem solved. No sickness. No need for getting sick to get a couple month reprieve from getting sick. No need for a vaccine either, really.

[Linked Image]
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by FATE

Ok, so how many millions would have had to die to get there? To get to herd immunity? You armchair scientists astound thinking people.

Nobody said anything about herd immunity. Nobody said we could reach herd immunity by ignoring vaccines.

Two years ago, any scientist that made any reference to the virtues of natural immunity was doxed and canceled. Now it's an acceptable fact. Not because it's some incredible breakthrough, because you can no longer fit all of the facts under the rug.

You're playing armchair FG kicker, moving the goalposts, and still missing the kick.

FATE #2004682 02/21/23 12:16 PM
Legend
Legend
Ok since you generalized “any scientist” name one that made references to natural immunity that was doxed or cancelled? I’ll call out your BS again.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Did I say any? Sorry, I meant every scientist. Is that clearer? Did you live in a cave during COVID and sleep through all that?

Go do your own homework if you want a list.

FATE #2004691 02/21/23 01:09 PM
Legend
Legend
You can’t name just one can you?... rofl You have no credibility here. Cue the lame meme.

– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
FATE #2004692 02/21/23 01:10 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Maybe you could at least give us your definition of "doxed and canceled"? And usually when someone makes such an accusation, it's up to them to prove their point. Not tell someone else to prove it for them. Just sayin'.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I kinda assumed he’d have done his own research before making such accusations. Oooops. Assumed.

– Jackie Robinson
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Nope. Not interested. You guys watched it all.

Do your own homework or join hands in your circle jerk and call me crazy. Either is fine. You guys still have your fingers in your ears as nearly every COVID "conspiracy theory" has come true. No more energy for amateur hour.

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Covid ~ Part 11

Link Copied to Clipboard