Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2004136 02/15/23 11:15 PM
jfanent Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
IMO one of the most beautiful women the world has ever seen. RIP.

CNN

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
No doubt about that. Quite frankly, the term "mesmerizing" comes to mind.

May you Rest in Peace Rachel Welch.

Let this sink in..... On 12-31-23 it be will 123123.
On the flip side, you can tune a piano but you can't tune-a-fish.

Legend
Legend
cry cry cry cry cry

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
V
Legend
Legend
V
When I was a kid, she was the ultimate sex goddess in Hollywood. Very stunning, even to a young pup like me.

2 members like this: 3rd_and_20, FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent
IMO one of the most beautiful women the world has ever seen. RIP.

CNN

No question about it,,, RIP Ms. Welch..

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Her poster from "One Million BC" was everywhere.

She was a jaw dropper. I remember seeing her on talk shows and thinking. Wow, she was not full of herself. Seemed very humble about her looks.

Then the poster for "100 Rifles" came out. At the time it was a shocker. A first time for a white sex goddess hanging on a shirtless black guy Jim Brown.

She was well aware of her limits as an actress. But she looked good for very long time.

RIP Raquel.

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
P
Legend
Legend
P
Raquel Welch and Sophia Loren were the two most beautiful women I've ever seen. Everyone has different tastes I understand. As more and more of the people I admired and watched growing up pass away, it makes me more aware of my own mortality. We all have an expiration date. RIP Raquel.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Sophia Loren was my personal favorite. I think Bridget Bardot could be added to your short list.

A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Gorgeous woman.

I never realized she auditioned for Mary Ann on Gilligan's Island. The show would've been a little different had she gotten the part.

I think she must have had a healthy sense of humor about herself in her later years:

"Because they're terrified of her. I heard from someone that when they cut one of her lines, she climbed up the rope on the side of the stage and started dropping lights on people's heads. A story like that has GOTTA be true." (- Kramer)

RIP

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think that's where the part I mentioned about everyone having different tastes. Don't get me wrong, Brigitte Bardot was a beautiful woman but I just don't see her as being in the same category as the other two. I certainly can't blame anyone who does.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by AZBrown
I think she must have had a healthy sense of humor about herself in her later years:

She was great in a memorable Seinfeld episode.

4 members like this: TTTDawg, jfanent, ScottPlayersFacemask
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Raquel, she was the bomb.....just WOW- had brains and looks- what was not to like.....LOVE. I liked her in Three Musketeers - played a fun part wonderfully. RIP- Raquel.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Sophia Loren was my personal favorite. I think Bridget Bardot could be added to your short list.

Sophia AND Raquel were stunning, but I’d put Natalie Wood above them all.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Natalie Wood was a beautiful woman. Tragic death. Never cared much for her hubby.

I understand this is the era of political correctness and it might not be cool to say, but a lot of men would look at some women and think they would like to ...hmmmm...be in bed with, and other women they think have the looks they could spend the rest of their lives with. This is purely subjective, but women like Raquel, Marilyn Monroe, etc strike me as the former, while women like Audrey Hepburn are in my latter group.

I will say this about my wife. She is extremely intelligent and I value that as much as anything. She is also a wonderful mother and I value that above all, but I did not know that about her before we were married because we were both childless. I will also say that she never has to wear makeup. It's great to wake up in the morning beside a person's face that does not need to rely on makeup and is just as beautiful at that time of the day as she is when we go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant.

2 members like this: lampdogg, sk8termom
1st String
1st String
Give her class despite her sex symbol status, she refused to do nudity!

May Flowers and Spring Weather!
Legend
Legend
I had a huge crush on Natalie Wood when I was young.

She had a perfect build and was really pretty. But she had that expressive look that was penetrating.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by JPPT1974
Give her class despite her sex symbol status, she refused to do nudity!

1. Less is more.
2. Leave something to the imagination.
3. Allure is much more powerful than the raw.

She always regarded her 'sex appeal' as just a part of the entire person she was... which is why she was always so poised and straightforward in her interviews with Johnny Carson. Bro could never handle it... he always ended up looking kinda goofy and playing defense in interviews with Ms. Welch. She was an entire generation+ ahead of her time.

Some women are just 'too much woman' for some dudes. It happens. Every day.
This time, we all get to see it.

in the clip: 0:18-1:33. Carson is barely able to do his job, consummate professional that he was.
All he has to do is introduce the next guest- something he's done hundreds of times before. Watch him stumble like the High School Sophomore, tasked with announcing the Prom Queen:

side note: Doc Severinsen's choice of intro music for Ms. Welch's interview entrance:
Duke Ellington's "Satin Doll." - a tune that was considered 'hip' when it landed... in 1953.

A 'snapshot in time,' for sure.

This clip is from 1968.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
She looks beautiful on that video, Clem!

I remember seeing her on TV when I was a kid and thinking the same thing. (I'm quite sure my dad thought the same thing. lol)

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Raquel Welch passes

Link Copied to Clipboard