Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1997719 01/05/23 11:35 PM
Hall of Famer
OP Offline
Hall of Famer

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
A
Legend
Legend
A
Good for him, getting better. And great for him that he had the father instinct to help his kids.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Glad to hear the kids are Ok and things are looking up for him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Prayers for a safe recovery. Good for him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I'm glad he's doing better and hope he pulls through.

From an article I read today:

Hillis is best known for his 2010 season with Cleveland, where he put up 1,600 total yards and 13 total touchdowns. As a result of that campaign, he won a national vote to be the cover athlete for the video game EA Sports Madden 12.

Remember him then? I sure do. We all love him. He fumbled the ball a bit, but he was great for that one year. Then the Madden Curse.

Legend
Legend
Glad he's recovering, and that his kids are OK.

Last edited by YTownBrownsFan; 01/06/23 09:44 AM.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I hadn't heard a word about this until now. Hopefully he will continue on the road to recovery. Glad his children are safe.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #1997916 01/06/23 08:33 PM
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Prayers to Peyton and his family for a complete and speedy recovery. Thank God he was able to save his children. Liked him a lot when he was a Brown. Gave us much to cheer about.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Peyton Hillis’ girlfriend says former Browns RB is making progress, off ventilator after saving kids from drowning

Updated: Jan. 12, 2023, 3:11 p.m.|Published: Jan. 12, 2023, 1:14 p.m.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Former Browns running back Peyton Hillis is making progress and not breathing via a ventilator anymore, according to his girlfriend, Angela Cole.

Hillis was reportedly in critical condition after saving his children from drowning at a beach in Pensacola, Florida, on Jan. 5. Hillis was unconscious and in the intensive care unit after being airlifted to a nearby hospital.

While he was in intensive care, doctors were concerned regarding Hillis’ kidneys not properly functioning, but he has since made enough progress to where he doesn’t need the support of a ventilator.

Cole confirmed the updated news via Instagram, with the caption below:

“A hero. ❤️ So proud of this man and so incredibly grateful for family and this incredible hospital. Peyton is off the ventilator and is on the road to recovery. Please continue to pray for he’s still got a ways ahead of him, but thank you for all of your prayers and love and support thus far. It truly makes all the difference. Today was a good day. ❤️🙏🏻”

Hillis spent seven years in the NFL, including two as the Browns’ featured running back, achieving cult-hero like status. During the 2010 season he posted the best marks of his career, finishing 11th in total rushing yards (1,177), and top 10 in total rushing touchdowns (11). His performances led to him winning a nationwide vote that placed him on the cover of EA Sports’ Madden NFL 12 video game.

Hillis retired from the NFL in 2015 after two seasons with the New York Giants, ending his career with 2,832 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...0RE8zoHEn7DPQ5OjLf9Kag4NGGxxnw_O--FDVukw

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
PitDAWG #1999942 01/14/23 02:07 PM
Legend
Legend
Great news.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Oh no that's terrible news, stupid beaches and ocean water, gulf whatever, hope he improves and it all works out, it's dangerous
many years ago we went to a florida beach where, looking back, I made classic idiot mistakes in one hour, one hour at the water. '
and years before that one I almost got taken by a rip tide, I didn't even learn what a rip tide was for many years after that one, but back to the first incidence, in one hour, b/c, being an idiot out of towner, moved the umbrella, blew around in the wind.
b. got the lobster sunburn b/c you can't tell with the wind blowing off the water, skin feels tight, real tight, and
c. rented the uhh, kayak, the beach kayak, and rowed right out, right out to the dolphin that may have actually been a shark, got within ten feet of it, about 60 yards from shore. Dolphins tail fins don't go verticle. All within one hour.
What I'm saying is, you go to the beach, don't go in the water, maybe a little way out.
jelly fish hospital allergic reactions, florida trips, haven't always gone perfect. The beach in particular has been hazardous. Just saying.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
PitDAWG #2000192 01/15/23 10:57 PM
Legend
Legend
Great to hear

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Praise the Lord

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Peyton Hillis update: Former NFL RB discharged from hospital after near-drowning incident

Former NFL running back Peyton Hillis was discharged from the hospital two weeks after he reportedly rescued his children during a swimming accident, according to a social media post by his girlfriend. Hillis' girlfriend, Angela Cole, posted a photo Friday on Instagram of Hillis with the medical team that cared for him at Baptist Hospital in Pensacola, Fla.

"The amount of love and gratitude I have for the incredible team that took care of Peyton is indescribable," she wrote. "You all worked like a perfected machine with each and every one of you so kind, attentive, calming and caring."

According to Escambia County emergency services, two adults and two children were struggling in the water when a bystander helped them get out. Hillis was on a ventilator while in the hospital, according to Cole.

Hillis, 36, played in the NFL from 2008 through 2014. He played for the Denver Broncos, Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs and New York Giants as a seventh-round pick by the Broncos out of Arkansas in the 2008 NFL Draft.

Hillis played in 26 games over two seasons before a move to Cleveland in March 2010 in a deal that sent quarterback Brady Quinn to Denver. Hillis took off in a big way during his first season with the Browns. He carried the ball 270 times for 1,177 yards (4.4 average) and 11 touchdowns. He also caught 611 passes for 477 yards and two touchdowns that season. Hillis became the cover athlete for "Madden 12," though he never came close to turning out that level of production again.

For his career, Hillis had 2,832 rushing yards and averaged 4.1 yards per carry across 81 games. He also had 1,050 receiving yards and scored 26 total touchdowns.

Prior to his time in the NFL, Hillis played at Arkansas from 2004 through 2008. The former Razorback had 203 carries for 959 yards (4.7 average) and 12 touchdowns across four seasons. He also made a major impact in the receiving game, catching 118 passes for 1,195 yards (10.1 average) and 11 touchdowns.

Out of Conway (Ark.) High, Hillis was a four-star prospect from the Class of 2004. Hillis' recruitment predated 247Sports' rankings, but the industry-generated 247Sports Composite ranked him as the No. 119 player and No. 2 fullback. He was also the No. 2 player from Arkansas.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...mIyjHsEKP7C7SYFnqY_fqW3Pq-xkTRFnLFa8jm6g

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
good for Peyton!

<><

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Former NFL star Peyton Hillis expected to make a "100% recovery" weeks after rescuing his children from drowning

Former NFL star Peyton Hillis said he is expected to make a full recovery weeks after saving his children from drowning at a Florida beach.

On Wednesday, the 37-year-old Hillis took to Twitter to give an update on his condition, thanking his family, fans and hospital staff at Baptist Hospital in Pensacola for their role in his recovery.

"I haven't taken any interviews on this because I'd like to keep my family out of the public eye because it was a very traumatic time for us," he said in a statement. "But I did want to come on here and show my appreciation for everyone who helped save my life and for all of your prayers and love and support. I left the hospital with no worries and concerns and should make a 100 percent recovery. I'm a very lucky and blessed man."

Hillis was admitted to the hospital in early January after he and his sister Hayley Davis rescued his kids from drowning at a Florida beach, according to their uncle Greg Hillis.

According to multiple updates from family, Hillis was being treated in Baptist Hospital's intensive care unit and, for a time, using a ventilator, before he was discharged a month ago from the Florida hospital, his girlfriend and sister said on social media.

After playing college ball at the University of Arkansas, Hillis was drafted by the Denver Broncos in 2008. During his seven-year NFL career, Hillis also played for the Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs and New York Giants. He was featured on the cover of "Madden NFL 12" following a breakout year with the Browns during which he rushed for over 1,000 yards and scored 11 rushing touchdowns.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/peyton...2NnhyDzKaAMxL1hLkMTY3547QSOIBPA-eMo5pWqY

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: YTownBrownsFan
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
To bad he will never make a recovery from that movie. kidding aside, what a story. glad things turned out ok. He was a favorite Brown when he was here.

I have a questioned .. Someone posted in Hillis heyday that the posters wife said she was going to leave him for Hillis. The poster told her, I understand and I will miss you. One of the funniest things I have read on this board. anyone have any idea Who the poster was?

Joe Thomas #73
PitDAWG #2004974 02/23/23 06:15 PM
Legend
Legend
That's great news. G'luck, Rhino!

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
That's great news. G'luck, Rhino!

Agreed! Glad he is recovering... could have been much worse...

<><

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Peyton Hillis

Link Copied to Clipboard