Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
There was a 38% increase from 2021 to 2022, the organization finds.

White supremacist propaganda, including the mass distribution of flyers containing hateful language and images, projections on buildings and in-person gatherings, reached a record high in the United States in 2022, according to the Anti-Defamation League (ADL).

The organization’s yearly assessment of propaganda activity found 6,751 incidents in 2022, the highest number since the ADL began tracking such incidents in 2017. This total includes racist, antisemitic or anti-LGBTQ content and efforts.

The count represented a 38% increase over the previous year, according to the ADL.

According to Carla Hill, Director of Investigative Research with ADL Center on Extremism, said the rise represents a commitment to recruitment and membership within hate groups.

"They've clearly bought into the idea that the more attention they get by distributing propaganda, the more people that will embrace their position," she said, asserting that propaganda normalizes hate speech and messaging.

The organization found that propaganda was reported in every state except Hawaii, with the highest levels of activity found in Texas, followed by Massachusetts, Virginia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, California, Utah, Florida, Connecticut and Georgia.

“There’s no question that white supremacists and antisemites are trying to terrorize and harass Americans and have significantly stepped up their use of propaganda as a tactic to make their presence known in communities nationwide,” said Jonathan Greenblatt, ADL CEO, in a statement. “This is a cowardly attempt to intimidate marginalized communities and those who don’t align with their twisted worldview and draw in new recruits."

White supremacist groups increasingly used banners, often draped over highway overpasses, to publicize their hate-filled messages.

ADL tracked at least 252 banner drops and 167 in-person white supremacist events, a 38% and 55% increase, respectively, from 2021. The distribution of white supremacist propaganda on school campuses saw a 6% decrease, totaling the lowest number since ADL began tracking it in 2017.

“The sheer volume of white supremacist propaganda distributions we are documenting around the country is alarming and dangerous,” said Oren Segal, Vice President of the ADL Center on Extremism.

Segal continued, “We need a whole-of-society approach to combat this activity, including elected officials, community leaders and people of good faith coming together and condemning this activity forcefully.”

https://abcnews.go.com/US/white-sup...1FIykUuBa-mBMJB-3uYaMJ-goIhzgqoDihEYsgeo

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Gee you think this is because trump has always given them the thumbs up? I said to myself .. self yes, yes I do.

Joe Thomas #73
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
This is all Biden's fault since he is the president.

Waiting for the day my name will mean something
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
Gee you think this is because trump has always given them the thumbs up? I said to myself .. self yes, yes I do.

Probably that and the BLM movement in 2020... I hope hate groups like this and others could at least be banned from school campuses....

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Well, if the cops would stop killing blacks for no justifiable reason, organizations like BLM would likely fade away.

Too many examples of black people being killed to ignore.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Well, if the cops would stop killing blacks for no justifiable reason, organizations like BLM would likely fade away.

I wasn't saying the protest of George Flyod's death wasn't justified... just saying that having days of protests and some rioting probably led to an uptick in White Supremacists....

<><

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I had no idea that BLM was a white supremacist hate group. Of course neither did you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
What about the other side.
Are we really going to allow the hate message perpetrated in the name of standing against hate,
are we really going to allow that to continue, unchallenged?

The ADL,? The ADL, anti>defamation>league does not have to in any ways look in the mirror at how they contribute to the Hate?
This so called "call" for all of society to "combat" a group,
That is not hate? That is hate, and it is propaganda, the definition of it.

And,
What, just what is the "group" guilty of?
They are guilty of having an identity.

Well heck Everybody has an identity.
But just One identity has to be "a call" to "combat" it, ... therefore that identity must be combated out of society into extinction.

Do you know what that is ^, that right there my friends is genocide by many recognized definitons.

so the ADL is calling for genocide and who is going to demand the ADL look into the mirror for what they are doing.

stand up for what is right my friends
stand up for what is right, and love even your enemies,
because Jesus said to love even your enemies.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Nobody called for genocide.

rofl

Nobody is going to go house to house and kill their first born children either. Oh, wait that is a Biblical reference.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I had no idea that BLM was a white supremacist hate group. Of course neither did you.

I didn't say that.... I said it's logical to assume that racist white supremacists would ramp up their propaganda when they watch weeks of BLM protests all over the country... I'm not blaming BLM protests for white supremacists propaganda... I'm only saying their is likely a contributing factor... along with, as someone posted above, have politicians, namely our president, talk about how there were very nice guys within white supremacy groups...

either way, as I said, I think many of them (WS groups) are racist and I hope that we can at least keep them from pandering their information on school campuses...

<><

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I don't really disagree with you. Here is one thing that bothers me with that however. Most of these right wing extremists do not live in these cities where BLM protests happened. They actually label such cities as being totally liberal and cesspools. Yet they turn around and used what happened there as a recruitment tool. The rate at which these groups are recruting is a huge threat to our nation.

Homeland Security Emerging Threats: Domestic Terrorism and White Supremacy

https://www.cfr.org/event/homeland-security-emerging-threats-domestic-terrorism-and-white-supremacy

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Agree...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I don't really disagree with you. Here is one thing that bothers me with that however. Most of these right wing extremists do not live in these cities where BLM protests happened. They actually label such cities as being totally liberal and cesspools. Yet they turn around and used what happened there as a recruitment tool. The rate at which these groups are recruting is a huge threat to our nation.

Homeland Security Emerging Threats: Domestic Terrorism and White Supremacy

https://www.cfr.org/event/homeland-security-emerging-threats-domestic-terrorism-and-white-supremacy

They don't need a reason to release their racism and hate, just an excuse

People who lack accountability think everything is an attack
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by jaybird

I wasn't saying the protest of George Flyod's death wasn't justified... just saying that having days of protests and some rioting probably led to an uptick in White Supremacists....

That happens anytime a minority group stands up for true equality in America; it always has, always will, until it's stomped out.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
Are we really going to allow the hate message perpetrated in the name of standing against hate,
are we really going to allow that to continue, unchallenged?

The ADL,? The ADL, anti>defamation>league does not have to in any ways look in the mirror at how they contribute to the Hate?
This so called "call" for all of society to "combat" a group,
That is not hate? That is hate, and it is propaganda, the definition of it.

And,
What, just what is the "group" guilty of?
They are guilty of having an identity.

Well heck Everybody has an identity.
But just One identity has to be "a call" to "combat" it, ... therefore that identity must be combated out of society into extinction.

Do you know what that is ^, that right there my friends is genocide by many recognized definitons.

so the ADL is calling for genocide and who is going to demand the ADL look into the mirror for what they are doing.

stand up for what is right my friends
stand up for what is right, and love even your enemies,
because Jesus said to love even your enemies.

Dude, just take a nap, we'll tell you when it's over.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
It seem to me that the one of the tenants that this country was founded upon is difficult for some to understand and accept.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Perhaps one of the most elegantly stated thoughts ever crafted by any man. It is not difficult to understand, yet we have fought wars over its application.

I try to live by those words. Treat others equal.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
There was a 38% increase from 2021 to 2022, the organization finds.

Yep ….the trump brigade lost their country and are all up in arms about it. No surprises here. It was bound to occur.

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
Legend
Legend

Yeah they’re the victims. rofl

Some day, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe.

George Washington
V
Legend
Legend
V
It seem to me that the one of the tenants that this country was founded upon is difficult for some to understand and accept.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Perhaps one of the most elegantly stated thoughts ever crafted by any man. It is not difficult to understand, yet we have fought wars over its application.

I try to live by those words. Treat others equal.

I agree w/you. On the other hand, I think there are people that place "pursuit of happiness" far ahead of equality In order to be "equal" you have to also produce. Some folks want to pursue happiness and expect others to provide their pursuit of happiness to them while not carrying their own share of equal responsibility. I am also in agreement w/John Smith who came here long ago and said something like "You don't work, you don't eat."

My wife is 71 and is still working full time as a Nurse Anesthetist. I am 66 and still working and trying to run two small businesses. One of them is a Home Improvement business and it's hard to find people willing to work. I have bid and secured some large jobs in Apartment complexes. Young, able bodied males are smoking weed in the morning when I go there. Some are still in their underwear later in the afternoon, smoking more weed, and watching TV. They talk about the "club" they went to the night before and how much "blank' is out there. They don't work, but they can afford weed and clubbing. Meanwhile, old folks like us are still working.

Is that "equality" or "entitlement" and "exploitation?"

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/12/23 05:05 PM.
2 members like this: Ballpeen, EveDawg
Legend
Legend
Not for nothing but there have always been hate groups in the US. KKK and such have been around a long while. But up until a few years ago, they were in the closet. Somehow it became acceptable to be a bigot. It got legit. I don't care for that. no need for it. It's just extremists going off their collective rockers.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Any domestic group that spreads hate and commits crimes of violence should be proclaimed a domestic terror group and prosecuted as such in a federal court.

George Washington
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Not for nothing but there have always been hate groups in the US. KKK and such have been around a long while. But up until a few years ago, they were in the closet. Somehow it became acceptable to be a bigot. It got legit. I don't care for that. no need for it. It's just extremists going off their collective rockers.

Somehow? trump=somehow

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Any domestic group that spreads hate and commits crimes of violence should be proclaimed a domestic terror group and prosecuted as such in a federal court.

Yes and for my money, that would include certain factions of BLM..

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by BADdog
Originally Posted by Damanshot

Somehow? trump=somehow

LOL Yeah, but I didn't name it because his supporters on here constantly beat on my for using his name... I'm glad you caught it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
We see and check his name on the ballot, but don’t expect us to acknowledge his dirty deeds you libtard.

George Washington
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
New FBI data shows hate crimes jumped in 2021

A supplemental report from the FBI shows that hate crimes in 2021 increased, instead of dropping as the agency initially reported.

Driving the news: An FBI report in December said hate crimes in the U.S. fell slightly in 2021, but the agency warned the figures were likely off due to a shift to a new reporting system that led some of the country's biggest police departments to not report their numbers.

By the numbers: Reported hate crime incidents increased 11.6% from 8,120 in 2020 to 9,065 in 2021, according to more data collected by the FBI.

Around 65% of victims were targeted because of their race, ethnicity, or ancestry, the FBI said.
Around 16% of reported incidents were linked to bias against a person's sexual orientation, while approximately 14% were linked to a religious bias.

Catch up quick: The Department of Justice has previously warned that fewer police departments are submitting data, which experts say makes it harder to analyze and address crime trends.

State of play: That FBI report drew criticism from some experts who said they saw a rise in hate crimes and urged law enforcement agencies to commit to better data collecting.

Antisemitic hate crimes, for example, were trending higher in 2022 in several major cities, according to the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism.

The intrigue: The FBI said Monday the supplemental report on 2021 includes data from the old and new collection systems to give a more accurate picture.

The agency said 14,859 agencies covering 91.1% of the population are represented in the amended report compared to the 11,834 agencies representing 64.8% described in the December 2022 report.

What they're saying: "The FBI's supplemental report demonstrates our unwavering commitment to work with our state and local partners to increase reporting and provide a more complete picture of hate crimes nationwide," Associate Attorney General Vanita Gupta said in a statement.

Gupta said the DOJ is working with state and local law enforcement agencies across the country to improve the reporting of hate crime statistics to the FBI.

What's next: By September, all 94 U.S. Attorneys' Offices are expected to host a United Against Hate program to help improve the reporting of hate crimes.

The program aims to teach community members how to identify, report and help prevent hate crimes and provide an opportunity for "trust building" between law enforcement and communities.

The FBI said it's also elevating civil rights violations and hate crimes enforcement for prioritization among the agency's 56 field offices.

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/13/fb...sNctM2EfdruFhy1LzAulTIyAKHwHI_fea17zt5I4

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Your White Supremacist link, with ADL support includes LBGQNQZ and Jewish stuff linked/lumped together with white supremacy, JMHO- those things should not be linked....apples and oranges.

Who, What, Where, When, Why, and How- all honest questions- EVERYONE has an agenda.
Think and check stuff.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
If all of those crimes are being committed by like minded groups, it all fits together. Which group is it that you mentioned that white supremacists don't hate? LGBTQ or Jews? I'll give you a few quick examples....

Antisemitic flyers found in neighborhoods in at least three cities over the weekend

Police in Denver, Miami and San Francisco are investigating the flyers, which were left outside hundreds of homes Sunday.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/antisemitic-flyers-found-neighborhoods-least-3-cities-rcna13500

U.S. White Supremacist Gets Life Sentence for 2019 Passover Synagogue Shooting

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/202...ing/0000017f-e19c-d75c-a7ff-fd9d4b530000

Pittsburgh shooter was fringe figure in online world of white supremacist rage

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...n-online-world-of-white-supremacist-rage

Would you also like some about the LGBTQ community being attacked by them as well?

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
DHS warns of attacks against government buildings, minority groups ahead of 2024 election

The new bulletin points to recent incidents and public online communications to take a pulse of the current and most threatening terror threats in the United States.

The Department of Homeland Security is warning about the potential for violence in the lead-up to the 2024 election cycle that could target the nation's critical infrastructure, faith-based institutions, government facilities and minority communities, according to a bulletin posted Wednesday.

“In the coming months, DHS expects the threat environment to remain heightened and that individuals may be motivated to violence by perceptions of the 2024 general election cycle,” the National Terrorism Advisory System bulletin said, adding that “legislative or judicial decisions pertaining to sociopolitical issues” may also motivate attackers.

Those perceptions, according to senior DHS officials, may arise if misinformation spreads in 2024, as it did in 2020, that the U.S. election system is rigged or flawed.

The new bulletin, released as a previous bulletin outlining the terrorism threat landscape was due to expire, points to recent incidents and public online communications to take a pulse of the current and most threatening terror threats in the United States.

Among those recent events was the May 6 mass shooting in Allen, Texas, in which the attacker “held views consistent with racially or ethnically motivated violent extremism.”

The agency has now issued eight bulletins since January 2021, the month of the violent insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

On a call with reporters Wednesday, senior DHS officials said recent charges and sentences against the perpetrators of the Jan. 6 riot may be serving to dissuade similar violence in the future. One official noted that recent events expected to be violent turned out to be small and peaceful, perhaps because would-be attackers feared they would be arrested and prosecuted.

The bulletin states the U.S. remains in a “heightened threat environment.”

“Recent tragic events highlight the continued heightened threat environment our nation faces, and these threats are driven by violent extremists who seek to further their ideological beliefs and personal grievances,” Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said in a statement on the bulletin.

“We are working with partners across every level of government, within the private sector, and in local communities to keep Americans safe. We will continue to share information and intelligence, equip communities with training and resources, and fund security enhancement and prevention efforts through millions of dollars in grant funding.”

Other potential targets of violence include schools, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals or events associated with the LGBTQ+ community, government personnel and law enforcement, the bulletin said.

Potential attackers could include both domestic violent extremists and those motivated by the ideology of foreign terrorist organizations, groups whose influence made up the vast majority of the terror threat in the U.S. following the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/dh...90subi3G9a63hV0OW_AB9Xl22NwlAJuXeXLf9L4E

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
This is what happens when your deplorable politicians are unelectable.

George Washington
F
Legend
Legend
F
JC.

Seems like if people would stay off social media, they wouldn't be affected by this propaganda. It amazes me what people read on social media and take for truth. Even people I once thought where intelligent enough to see through the BS.

I have distanced myself from some people because they got sucked into the crap they read, and I personally have deleted all my social media accounts. I only know of this stuff from this forum. smile And there are days I think I should stay away from here as well.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
2 members like this: FATE, EveDawg
Legend
Legend
Seems like if people would stay off social media, they wouldn't be affected by this propaganda.

Totally get your sentiment, but see it a bit differently.
Those who are susceptible to propaganda of any type will eventually become targets/purveyors. When I was 13, a classmate in our Jr. Hi School was caught with a trove of Klan tracts and pamphlets in his locker. That was in 1970. No internet. No 'instantaneous social media.' Same poison- just delivered slower and more organically, back then.

It amazes me what people read on social media and take for truth. Even people I once thought where intelligent enough to see through the BS.

I know, right?
A friend I've had for more than 40 years followed a rabbit hole a few years back. He's now a stranger who I don't recognize. This was something I never saw coming.

I have distanced myself from some people because they got sucked into the crap they read, and I personally have deleted all my social media accounts. I only know of this stuff from this forum.

I haven't gone quite so far. I still have an active fb account.
The best thing ever did: I set my feed for 'friends only' from Day One. As a result, I get all the updates from friends/fam that I can stand, without the rest of The World's toxicity.

I totally understand your motivation to delete all social media. I've taken a different tack: I've chosen to stay engaged, adapt to/understand the hidden algorithms that react to/manipulate our browsing habits, and have taken steps to actively control my digital output.

I don't want to be totally cut off from this aspect of modern daily life. I want to find a healthy way to deal with it.
I'll let you know if I ever find a solution.

Stay tuned. I haven't given up yet-
wink

"too many notes, not enough music-"
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jaybird

I didn't say that.... I said it's logical to assume that racist white supremacists would ramp up their propaganda when they watch weeks of BLM protests all over the country...

It is. I can say on a personal basis that I have gone from being sympathetic to various cause to being less so. I think it works that way in the opposite as well. Everybody is being nudged in one direction or the other.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M
I think it's important to differentiate between a hate group reacting to media coverage of a demographic they hate - versus reacting to over saturation in the news of a group, or as a reaction to the riots and looting that followed the BLM protests. Those two things are not the same. And being nudged in a direction is different than reacting with hate towards a demographic just because of who they are.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
Legend
M
It amazes me what people read on social media and take for truth.

It amazes me what people read from the media and journalists, in general, and take it for the truth. Then regurgitate it, verbatim, within their own world whether in-person or virtually.

There are countless examples of this just on Dawgtalkers. Mainly by the same repeat offenders, but it is an issue.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
It amazes me what people read on social media and take for truth.

It amazes me what people read from the media and journalists, in general, and take it for the truth. Then regurgitate it, verbatim, within their own world whether in-person or virtually.

There are countless examples of this just on Dawgtalkers. Mainly by the same repeat offenders, but it is an issue.

Where the hell are we supposed to get news? The sandbox?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
I should be more specific..... I should amend to say 'large media corps. and their journalists'

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
I think it's important to differentiate between a hate group reacting to media coverage of a demographic they hate - versus reacting to over saturation in the news of a group, or as a reaction to the riots and looting that followed the BLM protests. Those two things are not the same. And being nudged in a direction is different than reacting with hate towards a demographic just because of who they are.

I agree. I just don't think the problem is as large as some tend to think. As some tend to keep pushing it forward, I tend to tune it out and not care as much.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
This is what happens when your deplorable politicians are unelectable.

This is what causes the right to go wild?

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by mgh888

I agree. I just don't think the problem is as large as some tend to think. As some tend to keep pushing it forward, I tend to tune it out and not care as much.

Or maybe some don't realize just how big the problem is. Each year these incidents increase. They actually keep track of them. Each year these extremists groups grow larger. The fact that some wish to ignore and downplay that doesn't mean that the issue isn't larger than they're willing to admit.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus White supremacist propaganda in US reaches record high in 2022, ADL reports

Link Copied to Clipboard