Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Legend
Legend
Seven people were killed during a mass shooting on Thursday at a Jehovah’s Witnesses Kingdom Hall in the German city of Hamburg in what the country’s leader denounced a “brutal act of violence.”

The city’s police said in their latest statement: ”Eight people are dead – including the alleged perpetrator.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses in Germany said in a statement: “The religious community is deeply saddened by the horrific attack on its members at the Kingdom Hall in Hamburg after a religious service.”

The slayings in the northern German city occurred around 9 p.m. local time (3 p.m. ET), with police initially unsure how many shooters might be involved.

But later updates from the city’s police force suggested there was just one attacker, who is believed to have died at the scene.

“At present, we believe there is one perpetrator,” Hamburg police said in their latest update on their Twitter account, hours after armed officers scoured the scene for evidence and suspects.

“All police measures in the vicinity are being successively discontinued. The investigation into the circumstances of the crime continues.”

Chancellor Scholz led politicians in denouncing the murder spree in the northern German city.

“Several members of a Jehovah community fell victim to a brutal act of violence last night. My thoughts are with them and their loved ones,” he wrote on Twitter.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/09/europe/hamburg-germany-shooting-intl/index.html

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
I was talking more in line with that "right" to bear arms. If there was no license required, if there were no major hoops to jump through. Would you really want any Tom, Dick or Sally to walk in a buy a firearm with absolutely no knowledge or basic safety speech? Not talking about $400 classes and such, but a simple "Don't point it at people." type simple class, cause I know some folks who have owned guns their entire life who still act as if it can never go off and will show it to people cocked and loaded with no discretion of barrel direction. Over confidence if sometimes more dangerous than ignorance.

I really want people to get training. I've never said otherwise. It has been shown that states will use training as a way of delaying or becoming a to barrier ownership and carry.

I am fine with people having the freedom to exercise their rights, even Tom, Dick, and Sally. Freedom can be messy, but I prefer it to state rule.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's only a barrier for those who do not demand at least a minimum amount of responsibility be attached to owning a firearm. For everyone else it's a common sense measure. With great rights comes great responsibility.

No it is a barrier to people who can't just drop $400 on a training class.

Actual responsibility isn't being forced into doing something, but you wouldn't understand that.

Oh I understand. People want others to be walking around in public carrying weapons without any training in firearms. And they'll use any excuse in the book for it. They expect all of the freedom with none of the responsibility. But you refuse to understand that.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ
It's only a barrier for those who do not demand at least a minimum amount of responsibility be attached to owning a firearm. For everyone else it's a common sense measure. With great rights comes great responsibility.

No it is a barrier to people who can't just drop $400 on a training class.

Actual responsibility isn't being forced into doing something, but you wouldn't understand that.

Oh I understand. People want others to be walking around in public carrying weapons without any training in firearms. And they'll use any excuse in the book for it. They expect all of the freedom with none of the responsibility. But you refuse to understand that.

I expect adults to be responsible. But you again lie when you state what I understand and do not understand.

P
Legend
Legend
P
But we all know that a large portion of adults aren't responsible. If they were we wouldn't need laws at all. And no, your post shows you clearly don't understand with freedoms comes responsibility. Your "expectations" will never be met. Not even close. You either don't understand that or are ignoring that. Take your pick.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
But we all know that a large portion of adults aren't responsible. If they were we wouldn't need laws at all. And no, your post shows you clearly don't understand with freedoms comes responsibility. Your "expectations" will never be met. Not even close. You either don't understand that or are ignoring that. Take your pick.

I don't know that "large portions of adults are not responsible" as I don't know a large portion of adults. You use this logical fallacy a lot, it has been point out that it is a fallacy but you continue.

Because i don't agree with your flawed logic does not mean I don't understand it, it means I don't agree with it.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Look at the crime rates in America. Look at the mass shootings in America. Then get back to me. The only one with flawed logic here is you.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
Look at the crime rates in America. Look at the mass shootings in America. Then get back to me. The only one with flawed logic here is you.

Words from a liar aren't worth the elections used to present them.

P
Legend
Legend
P
When name calling is all you have and can't refute the truth, who the liar is becomes crystal clear.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
When name calling is all you have and can't refute the truth, who the liar is becomes crystal clear.

is it really name calling when you have been shown to be a liar?

P
Legend
Legend
P
When you have shown nothing such as you have, yes it's a lie. You do realize people can read where you posted that you posted that officers are outgunned, right? Yet all you can do is act like a third grader in your denial.

"Nuh uh, you're a liar."

It's right on this board for everyone to read.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
When you have shown nothing such as you have, yes it's a lie. You do realize people can read where you posted that you posted that officers are outgunned, right? Yet all you can do is act like a third grader in your denial.

"Nuh uh, you're a liar."

It's right on this board for everyone to read.

You continue to not take responsibility for your own words, this is not shocking. I posted what I said and what you said I said. THey are not the same, they are not congruent. You lied.

P
Legend
Legend
P
And once again, all you have is name calling. Your claim is you expect people to be responsible. Yet statistics plainly show a large portion of people are not responsible. You either don't understand that or are in denial about that. Take your pick.

#gmstrong
FrankZ Offline OP
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
And once again, all you have is name calling. Your claim is you expect people to be responsible. Yet statistics plainly show a large portion of people are not responsible. You either don't understand that or are in denial about that. Take your pick.

Continuing to deflect and not take responsibility for your words has nothing to do with me. When you lie about things it isn't name calling to get called a liar.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Being called a liar by a liar is the normal response of a liar. The shoe fits you well.

#gmstrong
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mass Shootings Continued

Link Copied to Clipboard