Next Thread
Print Thread
#2007614 03/14/23 11:51 PM
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
I don't really want to make this thread about me, but I wanted to share some good news I got today and thought a thread for good news might be a good thing. Anyway, I hope all of you share good news too.

The backstory:

Between Halloween and Thanksgiving last year, I started to pass blood in my urine. I read about it online and decided to take a wait-and-see approach before freaking my wife out during the holidays. The blood came and went for a few weeks, mostly not showing itself. But I was concerned enough to tell my wife the first week in December. I told her if it were terrible, like cancer, it wouldn't kill me in two or three weeks, and I would go to the doctor after the New Year. Because I'm an internet Doctor...

January rolls around, and I get in to see my family doctor. He ran a test and could not detect blood, but since I saw it visibly, he could send me to a urologist for further diagnosis. So the last week in January, I had a cat scan that showed two 1cm nodules, one inside my bladder and one in a lymph node in my pelvis. They also saw two 1mm and 2mm nodules in my lungs that we have been monitoring for over five years now with no growth. So, they scheduled a cystoscopy to send a camera UP in there to see what it was for the first week of February. The cystoscopy confirmed, without a doubt, I had bladder cancer. The doctor discounted the lymph node in my pelvis as swelling for now, but we will follow up on that later.

Last week, I had a procedure to 'scrape' the cancer out. My father had bladder cancer, in total, five different cancers before he died. He had to have his bladder removed. And I had a week to think about that while waiting for the pathology report to see if they got it all, or if I too would be having my bladder removed, or whatever other options might be available to me. Between confirming it was actually cancer and waiting for this it has been a very rough month. Hell, I even lost my 10.5-year-old German Shepherd the day before my surgery, and I was so stressed over this I didn't even have time or the mindset to mourn until after my surgery. This just destroyed me emotionally.

Long story short, and it's unofficial as the follow-up with the doctor hasn't happened yet, but they posted the results to the tissue pathology:

Final Diagnosis Bladder, TUR:
Noninvasive low-grade papillary urothelial carcinoma.
Muscularis propria is present and is negative for tumor.

Meaning my bladder is now cancer free, and I get to keep it. There are some follow-up protocols and maybe even bladder chemo (doesn't make you sick and your hair fall out) going forward for several years. And it can and will come back if given the chance, according to what I've read. But none of that matters to me after watching what my dad went through before, during, and after his bladder cancer. He had to wear a bag for the remainder of his life. I personally think this was when cancer got the best of him. He lived for several more years but was never the same man. So, yes, I want to manner dance about this one! nanner

I don't need a ton of congrats or well wishes replies, but you all could help me celebrate the life of my very best boy and loyal friend, Nitch (we adopted him at one year old from a niece, and she had named him after her favorite player Ray Nitschke). He was 160 pounds of protection, love, and loyalty to a fault. I'll miss you, my friend; you were the best. Photo: https://photos.app.goo.gl/hTowAFDACYyVGYWA9

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
1 member likes this: GMdawg
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Here’s to years of health ahead. Congrats!

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Thats great news for your health! I'm sending prayers that you stay well. And I feel your pain of losing your dog. I lost both my huskies in the past year. It sucks. The grieving gets me sometimes. Then last week I adopted this doberman who has been just what I needed. He loves to snuggle. And is just a good dog.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Damn bro, rough couple months. Prayers for a cancer-free future. I can't imagine the emotional turmoil. By the time you lost your best friend, it had to just seem like a bad dream. I'm sure Nitch is smiling down and happy as hell for your health right now. You can look back at your end of the 10.5 years, but I'm sure he's counted his blessings over that time and is bragging about you on another plane.

Hopefully all this b.s. was compressed into this short time frame and it's all happy trails going forward.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Good to hear you are trending in the right direction away from cancer. I wish you nothing but the best.

Are you sure Nitch wasn't some wolf you picked up? He would have been a terrifying sight for someone up to no good.

Legend
Legend
Yeah, I ain't messin' with Nitch.

My nine-pound female min-pin would be all up in his grill though. 🤣

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
FATE #2007690 03/15/23 11:21 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE
Yeah, I ain't messin' with Nitch.

My nine-pound female min-pin would be all up in his grill though. 🤣

Little dog syndrome at its finest.

2 members like this: OldColdDawg, FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Very good news OCD! Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I know all too well how devastating that can be.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Best of luck with your health. Also, losing a dog or cat that one was super attached to is tough, I know.

Legend
Legend
I know you said no congrats or well wishes, but congrats anyway! That's great news.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Good to hear you are trending in the right direction away from cancer. I wish you nothing but the best.

Are you sure Nitch wasn't some wolf you picked up? He would have been a terrifying sight for someone up to no good.

His bark was bigger than him! lol. I've had delivery drivers just leave because he was out.

O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Thanks, everyone.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by FrankZ

His bark was bigger than him! lol. I've had delivery drivers just leave because he was out.

I would imagine...

Now I miss him too.

Legend
Legend
Damn - praying you continue to improve...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Excellent to hear about your health and also sorry to hear about your dog. Dogs are the best.

Legend
Legend
Well, I'l wish you well anyway, because that's just how I am. rofl

I am sorry to hear about your buddy. We get our dogs, and we expect them to defy the odds and live forever, but we know that we will almost certainly outlive them ...... but we take comfort in the fact that they have filled up our hearts with so much love while they were with us.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

While we're speaking of good news. eotab rarely if ever posts outside of the Pure Football forum but if we're going to talk about good news the success of his latest surgery and his continued recovery certainly rates high on the good news list.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
5 members like this: OldColdDawg, 3rd_and_20, dawglover05
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Good News Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard