Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
Legend
Legend
T
However praising of Berry folks want to be, I think we can see that once again, whether it would be pick any year since 99
in March of 23 once again the offensive playmakers have to wait until all of the defensive players get signed, settled, situated, packed in, reinforced, and addressed a 2nd time until they throw a bone at the offensive playmakers.
same old recipe, 26th, or 200th time's the charm. Hey, Good Luck. thumbsup

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
However praising of Berry folks want to be, I think we can see that once again, whether it would be pick any year since 99
in March of 23 once again the offensive playmakers have to wait until all of the defensive players get signed, settled, situated, packed in, reinforced, and addressed a 2nd time until they throw a bone at the offensive playmakers.
same old recipe, 26th, or 200th time's the charm. Hey, Good Luck. thumbsup

We're already spending more money on offense than any other team in the league. Link

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
Legend
Legend
E
mac do you wish to talk OL or just fart out of your mouth willynilly

You keep with the Wrfth and putting up stats as if that actually means something. Just a heads up but Wrrf played RT not LT and then you compare him to our Wills. You do know there is a difference between the two positions!!! We are calculating the growth of each season by Wills - all Wills needs right now is to be a GYM RAT - Asta la Vista Baby. Andrew has done an excellent job with the OL

#1 is keeping our OL Coach intact But he has given this team an amazing shot at improving their O, D and special teams so that only the retardation of our QB into the system could keep us at bay. WE ARE SET UP TO WIIN!!!

Thank You Berry! excellent job.
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Hopefully he cut that in half...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Legend
Legend
I am beginning to think there is something there with the "Jeudy buzz."

AB is sticking with the pursuit. He is an aggressive guy when he gets in that mode.

I think we might end with Jeudy.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Bummer.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
j/c...

Bummer.

Good for him. He deserves a chance. He wasn’t going to get it here.

#gmstrong
4 members like this: jfanent, FrankZ, FATE
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Pretty good move for Houston.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M
Jeremy Fowler originally tweeted it out as Hardman signing with the Browns before correcting and changing to the Jets. Browns must've been after Hardman as it came down to the wire.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Jeremy Fowler originally tweeted it out as Hardman signing with the Browns before correcting and changing to the Jets. Browns must've been after Hardman as it came down to the wire.

Yeah, it feels like it was a ready-to-go tweet.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
That post should have been in purple or you let Throw Long use your account.

Vers...who was it that said "tackles are tackles" to justify his draft choice..?

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Yeah, it feels like it was a ready-to-go tweet.

And then Jordan Schultz gets exposed for copying Fowler's mistake and tweeting it out like he himself had an inside source before correcting it and crediting Fowler as being first to report.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

He's just foreshadowing the Elijah Moore trade that's following this move. ... hopefully.

Seems a kind of strange move with Garrett Wilson, Lazard, Corey Davis, and Elijah already there.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
mac do you wish to talk OL

eo..who was the best backup OG for the Browns last season..?

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Just a heads up but Wrrf played RT not LT and then you compare him to our Wills. You do know there is a difference between the two positions!!!

eo..actually, it wasn't me who said "tackles are tackle" when comparing the 2020 OT options available in the 2020 draft...

'tackles are tackles', not worried about left vs. right side

Jeff Risdon
April 10, 2020 11:13 am ET
link

The Cleveland Browns still need a left tackle. New GM Andrew Berry was peppered with questions about filling the glaring hole on the offensive line during his Friday morning press conference.

One of the key statements from Berry defused some of the argument against players like Jedrick Wills and Tristan Wirfs, players who toiled on the right side in college. Berry doesn’t worry about the differentiation between left and right tackle.

“I think the distinction between left tackle and right tackle is really outdated,” Berry said. “Tackles are tackles.”

Did Berry tip his hand even further? The tone in which he said the following sure made it seem like the No. 10 pick will be a tackle,

“The offensive line is always going to be a priority,” Berry stated emphatically. “Not just this year, but every year.”

EO...do you believe "Andy" knows that there is a difference between left tackles and right tackles..?...Andy says "tackles are tackles"...

Last edited by mac; 03/22/23 03:09 PM.

P
Legend
Legend
P
OT's are judged by their skill set which determines their ability to play either RT, LT or both. I have no idea why you're trying to muddy the water here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
pit...it was Andrew Berry who justified his selection of a RT to fill the Browns need to fill our LT needs by letting everyone know that "tackles are tackles" and those who believe otherwise are using outdated principles for judging OT talent...READ BELOW, Berry's thoughts...

Andrew Berry: 'tackles are tackles', not worried about left vs. right side
link

One of the key statements from Berry defused some of the argument against players like Jedrick Wills and Tristan Wirfs, players who toiled on the right side in college. Berry doesn’t worry about the differentiation between left and right tackle.

“I think the distinction between left tackle and right tackle is really outdated,” Berry said. “Tackles are tackles.”

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I like AB and I'm glad he's here but I disagree with his assessment on OT's JMO

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 03/22/23 03:39 PM.
P
Legend
Legend
P
And he was correct. DE's have become much more quick and agile. In times past NFL teams focused on rushing the QB far more on their blind side which is the left for right handed QB's. Now pressure often comes from both sides and RT's need to be much quicker and more agile than in years past. For an example you can easily see, look at how much the browns mover Myles around. Either an OT is quick and agile enough to play LT or he's not. His skill set alone determines that. I understand you're trying to dig a rabbit hole here but don't expect for me to crawl down into it with you.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Berry's knowledge and judgement of "Offensive Linemen" based on his draft choices should be questioned.

Berry made sure that everyone knew that his choice for drafting a RT to fill the Browns LT position had nothing to do with either Wirfs or Wills playing Right Tackle...it came down the Browns GM's ability to judge OT talent.

I will let the performance of each player's performance on the field to judge whether Berry made the correct choice to fill the Browns OLine needs.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Josh Dobbs graduated with a degree in aerospace engineering from Tennessee

"Dobbs majored in aerospace engineering during his time at the University of Tennessee.[4] The university presented him with the 2017 Torchbearer Award, the highest honor for an undergraduate student, which recognizes accomplishments in the community and academics. Dobbs was heralded as possessing a perfect 4.0 grade point average and being named to the Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Dobbs

Damn, that is impressive, good for him.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by mac
pit...it was Andrew Berry who justified his selection of a RT to fill the Browns need to fill our LT needs by letting everyone know that "tackles are tackles" and those who believe otherwise are using outdated principles for judging OT talent...READ BELOW, Berry's thoughts...

Andrew Berry: 'tackles are tackles', not worried about left vs. right side
link

And he's right.

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
PFF has rated our team offensive line as one of the best WITH current tackles- good enough for me. I think AB has hit a home run with his Free Agency gets. PFF had us rated high BEFORE getting WR Moore and LB Walker/ when healthy is a good player......good job AB.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by hitt
PFF has rated our team offensive line as one of the best WITH current tackles- good enough for me. I think AB has hit a home run with his Free Agency gets. PFF had us rated high BEFORE getting WR Moore and LB Walker/ when healthy is a good player......good job AB.

Anthony Walker had a 82.7 overall grade before going down with a season-ending injury.

Tackles are tackles.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
j/c:

Glad we did not go after Hardman. I used to like him, but he's inconsistent and I think having Mahomes, Kelce, and T. Hill provided great advantages for guys like him. Dude is fast, but not a route runner.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
He's just foreshadowing the Elijah Moore trade that's following this move. ... hopefully.

Spoke it into existence!

V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
Yep. Great call by Bull!

Legend
Legend
Normally I do not pay much attention to media coverage. But I was wondering what the reaction was going to be after the Moore trade.

The Browns and the Jets ended the 2022 season with the same record. Both teams finished last in their division.

As of today Rodgers is not a Jet. Yet the coverage is all about the Jets. How they could be the best team in the AFC with Rodgers.

Here is the Jets roster:
https://www.jetnation.com/2022-new-york-jets-roster-players/

Compare the Jets offense to the Browns. Try and be objective. Honestly tell me how Jets are better with Rodgers?

The only person I have heard say a thing about the Browns after getting Moore was Dan Orlovsky. He stated yesterday that if DW is anywhere close to his 2020 season. "The Browns are a sleeping giant that we have shunned."

Last edited by bonefish; 03/23/23 09:01 AM.
V
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
V
There are a few reasons for the media's coverage.

First and foremost, they cover Aaron Rodgers 365 days a year.

Secondly, it's NY.

Finally, the Jets roster is really, really good. They have perhaps the best D in the league. They have weapons at WR and TE. Garrett Wilson is a true stud and he was only a rookie last year. Rookie Breece Hall was killing it at RB last year before getting hurt. He's amazing. There are questions on the OL, but the media doesn't spend as much time on the OL as some of us do.

The Jets had the worst QB play in the entire league last year. They scored 12 pts or less in 7 games. Wilson acted like a spoiled, entitled brat and his teammates loathed him. They are getting Aaron Rodgers and he is one of the greatest qbs to ever play. I think they are legit Super Bowl contenders. I'm telling you, the AFC is freaking loaded and despite our improvements, it's going to be a difficult path to circumvent.

Legend
Legend
I understand the why.

But I am not convinced even with Rodgers that their offense is better than ours.

Start with the OL. Rodgers is 39. His numbers like every qb goes way down when under pressure.

They have done nothing with the OL. A OL that for most of the season changed all year long and was not good.

Here are the rankings for 2023:

Browns third.

Jets 29th.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-nfl-rankings/

They have talent on defense. Their offense with a 29th ranked OL?

I am not so sure about.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
I understand the why.

But I am not convinced even with Rodgers that their offense is better than ours.

Start with the OL. Rodgers is 39. His numbers like every qb goes way down when under pressure.

They have done nothing with the OL. A OL that for most of the season changed all year long and was not good.

Here are the rankings for 2023:

Browns third.

Jets 29th.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-offensive-lines-nfl-rankings/

They have talent on defense. Their offense with a 29th ranked OL?

I am not so sure about.

A lot depends on Becton staying healthy. They've missed him the past 2 seasons. It looks like he's back healthy and in good shape.

Fiercely Independent.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And he was correct. DE's have become much more quick and agile. In times past NFL teams focused on rushing the QB far more on their blind side which is the left for right handed QB's. Now pressure often comes from both sides and RT's need to be much quicker and more agile than in years past. For an example you can easily see, look at how much the browns mover Myles around. Either an OT is quick and agile enough to play LT or he's not. His skill set alone determines that. I understand you're trying to dig a rabbit hole here but don't expect for me to crawl down into it with you.

Mac is just irritated his pimped player, the "Danish Dynamo" Froholdt wasn't retained.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
He was one of the WR's that people claimed was on Rodgers wish list in order to go to the Jets.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Mac is just irritated his pimped player, the "Danish Dynamo" Froholdt wasn't retained.

peen...who was the best backup OG for the Browns last season..?

Who was the Browns best backup center for last season...?

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Saints were $100 Gazillion over the cap and now $15M under. Lolz.

Tackles are tackles.
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Free Agency [cont.]

Link Copied to Clipboard