Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed. We still need another DT as well as a speedy WR whether it's Jeudy or someone else.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
Legend
M

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend

Who was the other? Pocic?

Perion Winfrey. grin

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Not sure if I said this already on here but this is probably the best roster, on paper, that the Browns have had since the return......by a large margin.

Tackles are tackles.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Don't know a better place to put this...but...if we run a Pistol-heavy offense, does that mean good news for Felton the RB? I didn't like him in the standard backfield set of pre-'23...just wondering if he translates better as a pistol RB.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Didn't want to start a new thread and was unsure where to put this, but it could lead to good conversation. Checking out the link will allow you to see the charts and make this easier to read.

Predicting The Cleveland Browns 53-Man Roster
ByJACK DUFFIN Mar 24, 1:05 PM

In this article, we are going to look at who the Cleveland Browns currently have under contract for every position room, some final free agency names they might add as well as who are the most likely guys to make the final 53-man roster.

There is going to be competition across the roster for who makes the final team which is really healthy because it will get the best out of the players plus if someone goes down injured there is a solid player behind them rather than having a giant hole in the team.

At the time of writing, we are still waiting on contracts for Josh Dobbs, Marquise Goodwin and Anthony Walker. A player's status is more dictated by guarantees than what they offer as a rotational or special teamer. I would believe Goodwin is on the veteran salary benefit but we won't know this until the numbers are released.

No free agency is coming to a close I will dig into the draft more and start providing you with some more information on likely players they target over the coming month.

Below is the current Cleveland Browns roster as of today and their status as where I see it on the team.

Locks - Players who I have 99% confidence will be on the final 53-man roster unless they are traded

Bubble - Players who are fighting to make the final team, those that don't might get picked up by other teams on waivers rather than making it to the Browns practice squad

Practice Squad Candidates - These players are unlikely to make the final 53-man roster and instead are trying to show enough that they can make the practice squad and continue developing

CURRENT SALARY CAP SPACE
The Cleveland Browns current cap space stands at $8,963,016

Here are the moves that have happened:

Watson Restructure +$35,936,000

Tomlinson $4,288,177

Thornhill $2,264,000

Okoronkwo $2,180,000

Pocic $2,064,000

Akins $1,565,000

Ford $1,500,000

Green $1,400,000

TakiTaki $1,232,500

Kunaszyk & Adams $1,092,500

Hill $1,055,618

Hurst $940,000

Still waiting on final contract structures for Dobbs, Goodwin & Walker.

Based on the Cleveland Browns' current draft picks they only require $1,186,237 of cap space to sign their rookies so this should easily be achievable.

Here is a list of potential restructures and an explanation of how they work. I wouldn't expect them to do one of these unless they really need to.

Cooper +$15.068m
Garrett +$12.936m
Teller +$9.136m
Bitonio +$7.868m
Chubb +$7.816m

On June 2nd the Browns will gain an additional $9.75m of cap space for John Johnson and $1.165m for Jadeveon Clowney. It is no issue waiting for this space as they will need a fund of $5-10m for injuries and the practice squad so this coming later is fine.

REMAINING CASH BUDGET
This offseason, I have written on how tracking cash spend is a good way to see how much else Andrew Berry is likely to do. Here is the initial article explaining why this is so useful. The projected number looks back at how Andrew Berry has operated in past years so explains why defensive tackle is so low and you will increase due to more investment there.

To give an example of how this would work; if they sign Calais Campbell for $5m a year, he would likely replace Jordan Elliott's $2,743,000 so it would be $2,257,000 net.

I have factored in $2.5m for Walker and $2m for Dobbs but we don't have finalized contract numbers yet so this could move around slightly.

They might look close to their maximum spend but they can continue upgrading the team especially if they are willing to move off of Elliott, Bryant, and Haeg which each free up space if replaced by a rookie or minimum contract player.

QUARTERBACK
Locks
Watson
Dobbs

Bubble
Mond

Practice Squad Candidate
N/A

Potential Free Agency Names
N/A

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 6-7

This room is more or less set now, with Dobbs having a guaranteed deal to back up Watson. I would expect them to roll into next season with just the two quarterbacks because rostering a third one would likely come at the expense of a special teams linebacker and it doesn't seem like this is something they are willing to do now.

They might try to get Mond to the practice squad but there is a chance another team will snap him up.

Final 53
Watson
Dobbs

RUNNING BACK
Locks
Chubb
Ford

Bubble
N/A

Practice Squad Candidate
Kelly
McCrary

Jerick McKinnon
Darrel Williams
Latavius Murray
Justin Jackson
Ty Johnson

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 4-7

Chubb is locked in as your starter but I worry about relying on Jerome Ford to be your backup running back because if Chubb goes down in camp and misses the first four weeks of the season can he be relied on as the main guy for that stretch. During the 2022 season, he played in 14 offensive snaps with a stat line of 8 carries for 12 yards and 0 targets. His being on the sideline when the season was over and watching Hunt playing was incredibly frustrating as it was the perfect opportunity to see what they had.

I don't want to spend on a backup running back but if they can use the veteran salary benefit to get someone cheap who has experience such as a Jerick McKinnon or Latavius Murray then it would be a really nice floor if injury strikes. This certainly wouldn't stop Ford from beating them out in camp but I would rather make it a challenge than give him the role.

Then it seems like a lock they will add a running back during the draft, Deuce Vaughn is a direction they could go. Rookie running backs are usually very young and athletic so expect lots of names to show positively on my age & RAS guardrails board.

Final 53
Chubb
Free Agent
Ford
Rookie

WIDE RECEIVER
Locks
Cooper
Peoples-Jones
Moore
Bell

Bubble
Woods
Goodwin
Schwartz
Felton
Grant
Darden

Practice Squad Candidate
Baldwin
Stevenson
Harley
Weston

N/A

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

I would say the first four names are all locks for the roster and Cooper now has a shot at seeing his final two years out in Cleveland. They likely try to get an extension done with Peoples-Jones in June/July time. Moore has to play one more year before he can get around the negotiating table with the team. Bell showed a little bit in year one and keen to see what he can bring to the table in year two.

The Goodwin move is interesting to work out as it could go many different directions. My first thought is that Grant is knocked off the bottom of the roster but it could also be an indication that they don't think Woods is going to have a long term future with the team. There is a complete wildcard that they are looking to potentially trade DPJ and don't view him as a long term player here with the focus being on adding as much speed as possible.

They could then go ahead and draft someone which would then mean Goodwin, Woods and Grant are battling it out for one spot. We have no idea where Grant is at health-wise, he took a pay cut instead of being cut so he certainly isn't entering camp from a position of strength.

Final 53
Cooper
Peoples-Jones
Moore
Bell
Goodwin
Rookie

TIGHT END
Locks
Njoku
Akins

Bubble
Bryant

Practice Squad Candidate
Mitchell-Paden

N/A

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

I have believed all offseason they would look to move on from Byrant as has been a nice player but not one you would want to pay $2.7m to for 2023. They might look for a Mack Wilson/Chase Winovich-style trade where they swap him with another team's bubble player in the final year of a rookie deal or they could look to cut him as we get closer to a final 53 and know there have been no injury issues.

It will be important to add a rookie tight end as they take a year to develop and they have an out in Njoku's deal of $10m for 2024 as well as the option to move off of Akin's saving $2m. So getting a young player who can develop behind them in 2023 is ideal.

Final 53
Njoku
Akins
Rookie

TACKLE
Locks
Wills
Conklin
Hudson

Bubble
Haeg

Practice Squad Candidate
Wheatley

N/A

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

The two starters are locked in and I expect Wills's 5th-year option to be picked up before the 1st of May. This will make him a below-average costing left tackle at $14,175,000. While he is only providing average play it gives them two years to work out a long-term plan at left tackle because an extension feels unlikely.

Hudson is now a lock, he was only on the bubble encase they added a veteran swing tackle, now this has passed I expect him to be safe for the swing tackle position.

I expect them to draft a left tackle potentially as high as pick 74 because if you have someone who you believe might be an 8-10 year answer at the position then you grab them and have 1-2 years to develop them to replace Wills.

Don't be surprised if Haeg is around until the end of camp as injuries to Conklin will remain a concern. They could then be able to trade him off so they aren't left with $500,000 of dead cap as teams will always have the need for swing tackles, multiple teams offered him when the Browns did the deal last year.

Final 53
Wills
Conklin
Hudson
Rookie

GUARD
Locks
Bitonio
Teller

Bubble
Forbes
Deaton

Practice Squad Candidate
N/A

Michael Dunn

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

The two starters are locked in but they could look to move on from Teller next offseason so this might come into play with how they build the room.

While Forbes is okay they might want another veteran to be the third guard, Michael Dunn would be a prime candidate. They didn't offer him the $2.7m restricted free-agent tender but that wouldn't stop them from bringing him back on a cheaper deal.

What they do in the draft will give us a big indication of how they view Deaton. If they add someone he is likely to be forced off the roster but if they don't then it leaves him a nice route to develop as the team's fourth guard for the 2023 season.

Final 53
Bitonio
Teller
Free Agent/Forbes
Deaton

CENTER
Locks
Pocic

Bubble
Harris

Practice Squad Candidate
N/A

N/A

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 5-7

Pocic is locked in as the starter and there is a good chance Harris is kept on for his final rookie contract season as the backup. They could look to bring Deaton over here and add a guard in the draft because he would have three rookie years left versus one for Harris.

While there is the chance they draft someone I don't know if we see it in 2023, because Pocic has two guaranteed years before a team option to get out of the deal for the 2025 season. I would assume they look to draft a center next offseason and then start developing him to fill that role after Pocic.

Final 53
Pocic
Harris

EDGE DEFENDER
Locks
Garrett
Okornkwo
Wright

Bubble
Thomas

Practice Squad Candidate
Kamara

Justin Houston
Melvin Ingram
Carlos Dunlap
Trey Flowers
Shaq Lawson

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

While I would really like to see another free agent addition here to strengthen the room I'm not sure it happens. Personally, I would even add a cheaper name like Trey Flowers or Shaq Lawson to force Thomas out of the room, even if it is a camp battle between the pair to see who wins the roster spot.

I will discuss a defensive line free agent addition under defensive tackle who could be of use to the edge room on obvious run plays when you want a pure run-stuffer rather than a pass rusher like Okornkwo.

I think we might only see one defensive line draft pick but if they can work out a way to bring in two then it would be smart to take advantage of the strength of the draft.

Final 53
Garrett
Okornkwo
Wright
Rookie
Thomas/Cheap Free Agent

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
Locks
Tomlinson
Winfrey

Bubble
Elliott
Hurst
Hill
Stille
Togiai

Practice Squad Candidate
Perry
Dwumfour

Calais Campbell
Matt Ioannidis
Shelby Harris
Chris Wormley

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

Personally, I think the best realistic player the Browns could add that would complete free agency would be Matt Ioannidis or Calais Campbell which would be around $5-6m for a one year deal.

If they want a cheaper defensive tackle then Chris Wormley could be a really cheap one-year deal. He might start the season on PUP but then you have upside and an extra body joining the team.

The issue with drafting defensive tackles is that the rookie year is mostly a write-off as they develop physically to be ready for the NFL. That is why I would be happy rolling with cheap veterans in the position room who have proven they can perform in the NFL than almost red-shirting a player for a year as your 4th defensive tackle.

They can then let Hurst and Hill battle it out with Togiai for the fourth defensive tackle position. Moving on from Elliott makes a lot of sense considering he is due $2.7m this year.

Final 53
Tomlinson
Ioannidis
Winfrey
Hill/Hurst

LINEBACKER
Locks
Walker
Owusu-Koramoah
Takitaki
Kunaszyk

Bubble
Fields
Adams
Phillips

Practice Squad Candidate
Jackson

Reggie Ragland

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

The top three starters are now locked in with Walker, Owusu-Koramoah, and Takitaki. The question is going to be how long it takes for Takitaki to come back from his injury. This could be 4-9 weeks depending on how they use the PUP list if he isn't ready for week one. For this reason, I would be keen to add Ragland just as a solid depth veteran.

The contract for Adams includes $300,000 of guarantees which makes him very likely to make the final 53-man roster but I wouldn't call it a 99% certainly lock just yet. I would assume Fields is effectively now your Takitaki cover until he is healthy as he won't take a roster spot if he starts the season on the PUP list.

Kunaszyk's contract includes $500,000 of guarantees so he is locked in to make the roster as a special teams player rather than a pure linebacker.

Final 53
Walker
Owusu-Koramoah
Takitaki
Rookie
Adams
Kunaszyk

CORNERBACK
Locks
Ward
Newsome
Emerson
Green
Ford

Bubble
Graham

Practice Squad Candidate
N/A

N/A

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 5-7

The top five names are all locked in on the roster due to their guarantees. Since Ford has $925,000 in guarantees there is no route where he would get cut. This means Graham feels unlikely to make the final 53 based on where we are at currently. Ford can play slot corner if you need him to cover injury but he isn't your starter there and that is likely to remain with Newsome.

I can see them adding another cornerback later in the draft too, this might be a versatile corner who can potentially start in the slot in 2024 if he develops well. But they could stick to their more common philosophy of 5 corners and 5 safeties which would mean no draft picks here.

Final 53
Ward
Newsome
Emerson
Green
Ford
Rookie

SAFETY
Locks
Thornhill
Delpit

Bubble
Bell

Practice Squad Candidate
Bolden

Joshua Kalu
Andrew Adams
DeAndre Houston-Carson
Rodney McLeod

Potential Draft Addition
Rounds 3-7

I think it would be risky to go into the 2023 season with only two proven safeties on the roster so replacing Ronnie Harrison with a proven veteran option like Kalu or McLeod would be a smart move. It also means if Delpit struggles for a stretch they have a legitimate option to bring in plus for three safety sets.

Where they have signed CB Mike Ford he is likely to be a special teams defensive back which takes away a large part of the role D'Anthony Bell had last season. So keeping 6 corners and 4 safeties would make it hard for him to make the final 53-man roster. I wouldn't rule them out not drafting a corner this year though, so what they do in the draft will have a significant impact on how the defensive backs balance out.

I think it would be smart and highly likely for them to add a safety in this draft because Delpit hits free agency next season so adding a rookie who can hopefully develop into this role gives you much-needed options next offseason. While they might like Delpit they can't keep everyone so he might be one they try and turn into a compensation pick by allowing more free agents to leave than they re-sign.

Final 53
Thornhill
Delpit
FA
Rookie

SPECIAL TEAMS
Locks
York
Bojoquez
Hughlett

Bubble
N/A

Practice Squad Candidate
N/A

Potential Draft Addition
N/A

This room shouldn't be changing this offseason so expect them to run it back unchanged. The key difference in 2023 special teams will come from the other roles like improved gunners etc.

Final 53
York
Bojoquez
Hughlett

HOW MANY ANDREW BERRY DRAFT PICKS GET CUT IN 2023
People have said Andrew never cuts his draft picks but part of this comes from inheriting a roster that had several nice starters but really lacked depth. Over several off seasons he has added more depth and this means draft picks will continue to get pushed off the bottom of the roster. Here are the draft picks who are getting cut/traded this offseason as they continue adding talent:

WR Schwartz

WR Felton

TE Bryant

DT Elliott

DT Togiai

LB Phillips

LB Fields

Plus WR Woods & ED Thomas who I have as 50/50 change of being cut

CASH SPEND STATUS
So based on my projected final 53 man roster we would be spending $260,145,290 in cash on the final 53 which is more or less identical to my projection of $259,419,200 at 115.4% of the 2022 NFL salary cap.

Where it has some projections for Walker's, Goodwin's & Dobb's contract it will end up very close to what we see for the season. The one thing to keep in mind is a DPJ extension which would see a significant jump in his 2023 cash despite not moving the salary cap this year very much.

FINAL 53
Here is my predicted 53-man roster for the Cleveland Browns

Key

COMMENTS
Green - A Free Agent addition

Yellow - A camp battle that is too close to call currently

Blue - A rookie pick

https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland...ns-53-Man-Roster-207120421/#207120421_18

2 members like this: lampdogg, FATE
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
What's the deal with Kareem Hunt? I am really surprised nobody has signed him yet. Maybe he is asking for too much money and/or wants to be a featured back? He is only 27 (the same as Chubb). I still would like to see him in a Browns uniform.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by DaveyD
What's the deal with Kareem Hunt? I am really surprised nobody has signed him yet. Maybe he is asking for too much money and/or wants to be a featured back? He is only 27 (the same as Chubb). I still would like to see him in a Browns uniform.

Ekeler is on the market also and he is a better back imo. I feel it is a money thing.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
3.8 yards/carry and only 3 TD last year. He also only had 210 yards receiving. He looked a bit slower at times last year.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
M
Legend
Legend
M
One sportsbook released their Over/Under for team win total. Browns at 9.5.

Bengals 11.5 and Jags 10.5 seem high. Then again, Jags division is pretty weak.

Tackles are tackles.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Our staff needs the over.

At 9 wins we probably miss the playoffs. At 10 wins, even if we miss the playoffs they probably keep their jobs.

Berry is probably safe. I think his work the last few years has been solid. He also holds a card that says he never did get to hire "his" coach.

Just a question. If we did move on from Berry, I wonder if we would still get picks if we hired Raiche from her position as asst GM or does that only work if she goes to another team?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Just thinking out loud.

IMO Haslam likes his staff.

We would have to burn down for Haslam to make a change. We have to remember Haslam's history to this point.

A long string of coaching and FO firing and hiring. I don't think that was his wish. He has seen what poor organization looks like. I think Berry and Stefanski both fit what he wants. I believe he is encouraged by what he has seen.

DW was a major decision. Part of that decision was based upon AB and KS. In order for that investment to pay off.

It is important that the staff stays together. The goal is to win a Super Bowl and soon. Changing the GM and HC is not the way to reach the goal.

V
Legend
Legend
V
A couple of thoughts:

--Kareem Hunt: I heard a report on ESPN that while E. Elliot is looking to be signed asap, Hunt is intentionally waiting and wants to sign later in the process.

--I know it can't be stopped, but I absolutely despise talk of firing people at this time of year. We had to listen to the constant agenda-driven talk from around this time last year all the way up through the beginning of free agency. It's been refreshing to actually talk about football for a little while.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I wasn't comfortable giving up that much for Jeudy. I think the Browns were fiscally responsible in the way they handled the WR room.

Insider Report: Browns never got close with Broncos on WR Jerry Jeudy

Cory Kinnan
March 26, 2023 10:35 am ET

The Cleveland Browns struck a trade this week with the New York Jets for wide receiver Elijah Moore. However, before that, the Browns reportedly maintained steady communication with the Denver Broncos on former first round wide receiver Jerry Jeudy. According to Cleveland dot com’s Mary Kay Cabot, however, the Browns and Broncos never got close on Jeudy despite the smoke that infiltrated the internet.

“The Browns checked in on a number of possibilities, but weren’t prepared to meet the Broncos’ asking price”

Asking for a first round pick, the Browns would have likely had to surrender the 42nd overall pick and more for Jeudy compared to just moving back 32 picks in the draft for Moore.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/202...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
A couple of thoughts:

--Kareem Hunt: I heard a report on ESPN that while E. Elliot is looking to be signed asap, Hunt is intentionally waiting and wants to sign later in the process.

--I know it can't be stopped, but I absolutely despise talk of firing people at this time of year. We had to listen to the constant agenda-driven talk from around this time last year all the way up through the beginning of free agency. It's been refreshing to actually talk about football for a little while.

Teams do find more money after June 1 and the realities of needing a player at a position become critical. Unless you are one of the top guys or you aren't that good and start looking for anything the minute FA begins, it makes some sense to wait.

I can see how you might get a bump over jumping at the first offer.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
Legend
M

Another sportsbook as us at 9.

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Click on the tweet to read article that includes actual clips of Stefanski talking.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Jimmy Haslam: No ultimatum for Kevin Stefanski but 'we have expectations'

Cory Kinnan
March 28, 2023 10:31 am ET

The Cleveland Browns are looking to get back into the playoffs for the first time since 2020, and so is owner Jimmy Haslam. Speaking to the media at the NFL owner’s meeting in Phoenix, Arizona, Haslam talked about his expectations and what he expects from head coach Kevin Stefanski.

“You all know how hard it is to win in the NFL… We certainly do. So I think everybody has a sense of urgency that we need to play well this year.” (via Cleveland dot com’s Mary Kay Cabot)

While Haslam did not give Stefanski an ultimatum to make the playoffs or he’d be fired, the owner added, “I don’t want to say that, but I think that we have expectations to go to the playoffs.”

The Browns and Stefanski are out of excuses. They rightfully moved on from Baker Mayfield, they no longer are starting a backup quarterback for 11 games and have plugged significant holes on their roster. They have a full offseason with their $230 million quarterback and all 17 games.

The time is now for the Browns.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/202...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

brownie

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
But which is which?

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I post this in jest!

It's funny Stefanski happened to be there to greet OBJ when he stepped out of the car.

4 members like this: PitDAWG, FL_Dawg, ScottPlayersFacemask
M
Legend
Legend
M
Greet or just terrible timing as he was waiting for an Uber? brownie

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Dee and Jimmy Haslam remain 'committed to redoing' FirstEnergy Stadium, upgrading City of Cleveland waterfront property
The Haslams said at the NFL Annual Meetings they remain committed to helping the City of Cleveland upgrade their waterfront property, which could include a renovation of FirstEnergy Stadium

Mar 28, 2023 at 04:40 PM
Employee Headshots on June 24, 2021
Anthony Poisal
Staff Writer

032823_HaslamStadium
PHOENIX — Dee and Jimmy Haslam said Monday at the NFL Annual Meetings they remain committed to upgrading the Browns' stadium — with the primary goal of renovating FirstEnergy Stadium in accordance with the City of Cleveland's plans to upgrade waterfront area between Lake Erie and downtown.
The Haslams, who have focused on upgrading the stadium since they became owners of the Browns in 2012, have remained in communication with Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb and the city as plans for upgrading the waterfront come together.
"Cleveland would benefit tremendously from the development of the waterfront," Jimmy Haslam said. "Having the stadium down there seems to be in everybody's best interest, so we're committed to redoing the stadium. In all likelihood, it's not going to have a dome, but it'll be a substantial remodel of the existing facility, and we're probably three, four, five years away from that happening."
The Haslams expressed excitement for how the waterfront transformation would impact the city, which would benefit from having more attractions, businesses and community spaces located near the water.
"I think the mayor has a really good plan," Jimmy Haslam said. "He's working really hard. We're loving working with him and his team to put forth the best plan for Cleveland. And we want to be part of the story and help out any way we can. We believe it's critically important for the development of downtown to be an attractive city. The best cities in the country have great waterfronts, and I think it's really critical."
The Haslams and the city are currently in the process of building those plans based on community feedback, and they expect a more concrete plan to be built by the end of the year.
"I think it's a year-long phase," Dee Haslam said. "We're hoping to help out in any way we can. It's a long process, but I think they're doing it right because they want to make sure they have a lot of community input on how it works and what the community wants."
Once the city has a foundation for how it plans to renovate the waterfront area, the Browns will be able to make a stronger push forward for how they could upgrade FirstEnergy Stadium, which has served as the home of the Browns since the franchise returned to Cleveland in 1999.

"There's a lot of infrastructure that has to go into connecting downtown, which is the first thing that has to happen," Jimmy Haslam said. "We've got to connect downtown to the waterfront, right? Everybody knows that. So you've got to relocate the highway … I do think the city, the county and the state are working together well, but there's a lot of hoops to jump through."
The Haslams will continue to provide their full backing to the city throughout the process.
"I think we're just going to support the mayor and their plan," Dee Haslam said, "and I think whatever they ask us to do, we will. We'll be willing to help out in any way we can.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/new...-redoing-firstenergy-stadium-upgrading-c

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I still believe that Jimmy and Dee Haslam are good owners. It may have taken a little while to learn and get used to it but they now seem to have straightened things out. No one can question their commitment to winning.

2 members like this: Ballpeen, superbowldogg
B
Legend
Legend
B
I think the dome is still a possibility, but the comment signals that is going to be up to the community to get done,not something he is going to spearhead.

I suppose he doesn't care enough to toss in X $millions more when he already has a place to play. Just fix that up. After that, it is up to the city and surrounding area to decide if they are happy with a partial use facility or want a full use facility on the lakefront. If the city and county(s) feel they can't get enough use the remainder of the year, then it doesn't make sense.

As for me I have said I want a dome, but recent health events make it clear my days of going to 7-8 games a year are nearing the end, so I suppose it doesn't matter much to me. No, I am not talking about kicking the bucket any time soon. Just getting and feeling older. The thrill of the trip just isn't as alluring as it once was. It just happens.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I wanted a dome also. Still do. If you want a shot at a Superbowl coming here, you'd need that.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, PitDAWG
M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I am happy the signed Walker.

He is a respected leader. The kind of player needed on a team.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Former #Seahawks DT Al Woods is visiting the #Browns and #Jets this week, source said. One of the most durable and valuable DTs for the last several years.

Ian Rapoport

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: AZBrown
V
Legend
Legend
V
Woods could help. He is older, so it would probably be a 1 year contract w/a club option for the second year. He has size. Played the nose in Seattle's 3-4 D last year. Classic Interior D-linemen. We would probably line him up inside the guard and our other DT would line up outside the guard on the other side. His PFF grade was solid at 68.2, w/his run and pass grades being very close. I read a few articles from sites that cover the Seahawks. They were surprised by his release and wanted the Seattle to bring him back. His salary was not bad. Around $4.5 million last year. I still think we need to bring in one other starting IDL. If not, I suspect the Browns are projecting Winfrey as a starter. That could be risky.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
That's some Bad news!

[Linked Image]

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04/04/23 10:23 AM. Reason: Double post

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes cont.

Link Copied to Clipboard