Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
P
Essentially got Brandin Cooks with better hands.....

It was said that the browns felt they could get the same quality of play this year in rounds 3 and 4 as they would in 2....So definitely a big win in my book...

A guy I wouldn't sleep on either is Michael Woods...I liked what he did in the limited chances he had...I think we have a very solid WR room. It will be tough to make the roster...I see Bell, Woods, Grant, Harley, and Baldwin playing for 2-3 spots(likely 3)...that leaves about 3 or 4 others that might not even make the PS.

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken...

What's the use of wearing your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????
T
Legend
Legend
T
You gotta like this trade they finally did one thing right.
touch of gray, frown the player who noone remembers a bad snap from, D'Ernest Johnson signed with the Jaguars on the same day.

I like E. Moore better than Hardeman, Chark, and Jeudy, but what really matters

is how the addition of E Moore, into the group that incudes Cooper, DPJ, and Bell will really lift the tide for DPJ and Bell in the load to carry department.
really what the old politicians might have meant by the phrase, " a rising tide lifts all the boats."

Schwartz the WR, iirc: from the website algorithm, hurts the cap if they cut him. Plus Schwartz is still a very fast very capable WR, and ... he's on the upswing this year, , people don't realize, both He and Carson Wentz are due for comeback years.
Better to keep Anthony Schwartz at the present time imo.

Maybe they can find a /competition for Ford in the draft.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PETE314
Essentially got Brandin Cooks with better hands.....

It was said that the browns felt they could get the same quality of play this year in rounds 3 and 4 as they would in 2....So definitely a big win in my book...
All along I had a feeling the opening pick for the Browns this year would be IOL, Center or Guard in the OL,
and if that happened it would make the above statement make even more sense.
One could get about the same @uality of IOL at seventy four as you might end up with at 42.

Depo's number one strategy was never ever select when and where you were originally slotted in the top 2 rounds of the draft.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Don't know much about him other than what I read on this thread... seems like a good trade... hoping it works out well...

<><

#gmstrong
K
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
K
Love how Berry isn't afraid to do just about anything.

Now. How about dangling one of our 3rd or 4ths to Indy for DeForest Buckner?

1 member likes this: Hammer
Legend
Legend
The Jets agreed to a one year deal with Mercole Hardman for $6.5 .

Moore is under $2.

If Moore plays the way most believe he is capable. He is a steal.

He has the skill set to fit hand in glove for the offense we will run with DW.

I really am happy about the moves made. I also happy about having Walker back.

As things stand today. We have our starters. Fingers crossed that we stay healthy.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Jeudy was just something of a smokescreen to get the Moore trade done.

Could be. Maybe we just finally went with the deal that made the most sense.

Another thought. I sent off my season ticket money a few days ago. My rep called a day or so before that reminding me the deadline for renewals is the 24th. It could be renewals are lagging a bit and the team wanted to get a splash signing/trade at receiver done before the renewal date. A little something extra to juice those fans who may have been on the fence.

At any rate, I like the signing. I think he and Watson will make a solid team. We needed that quicker guy who can change is routes on a dime as dictated by what Watson is doing. Once the QB leaves the pocket, unless it is a designed play, things change and the QB needs receivers who can change with him.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Just my opinion, but I don't think the Jeudy talk was a smokescreen to get Moore. I think we were just being fiscally responsible.

O
Legend
Legend
O
I know Berry seems to be on it again. I don't know why he gets so much flack. It's not his fault the coaches don't get the job done. Hopefully, that all changes this year.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
Legend
Legend
E

Man you all can spin with the best of them.

I didn't realize we gave up a 2nd for him.

I hope the kid corrects his mistakes - HECK OF A LOT OF DROPS!!!

Lots to not like...for me the worst thing about this trade this is 2 years with descent slots in the draft we do not have First or Second rounders. Impact picks that you keep on the cheap for like 5 years.

Berry's job definitely was on the line. I feel like we are the Redskins of recent past. 4 Impact picks not used by us. So much for building a dynasty. We made some good moves but we are in cap hell and its win the next two seasons or we rebuild again....smh

Scary situation just Scary.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
V
Legend
Legend
V
Moore did not have a single drop last year.

This was a great trade for the Browns. He's playing for peanuts the next two years. We got a 3rd rounder and Moore in return for a 2nd rounder. Moore fills a position of need. We did not have a slot receiver who can provide separation. Time to stop eating sour grapes.

V
Legend
Legend
V
I was just listening to Jeff Darlington and he made an interesting point. He acknowledged that Moore asked for a trade back in October, but that wasn't the reason the Jets traded him now. According to Darlington, the Jets wanted that 2nd round pick because it will be more enticing to Green Bay in the trade for Rodgers.

This makes sense and it also helps explain why they signed Hardman. This way, they replace a fast WR who is departing w/another fast WR. They lose out financially, but they are desperate to complete the trade for Rodgers. They are obviously "all in."

We are beneficiaries of their desperation and we got a promising WR w/a ton of upside on the cheap.

Legend
Legend
I really found this interesting.

This is the Moore trade from the Jets side. I don't know these guys. But they know the Jets like we know the Browns.

1 member likes this: CapCity Dawg
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
I really found this interesting.

This is the Moore trade from the Jets side. I don't know these guys. But they know the Jets like we know the Browns.

Think it's more a national view than Jets-centric. Think the Panthers are likely their "local" team.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
They sound like Jets guys and they are wearing Jets hats.

I don't know. I thought the te take was interesting.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by eotab

Man you all can spin with the best of them.

I didn't realize we gave up a 2nd for him.

I hope the kid corrects his mistakes - HECK OF A LOT OF DROPS!!!

Lots to not like...for me the worst thing about this trade this is 2 years with descent slots in the draft we do not have First or Second rounders. Impact picks that you keep on the cheap for like 5 years.

Berry's job definitely was on the line. I feel like we are the Redskins of recent past. 4 Impact picks not used by us. So much for building a dynasty. We made some good moves but we are in cap hell and its win the next two seasons or we rebuild again....smh

Scary situation just Scary.
I think dynasties are a thing of the past
The Chiefs are the closest team to a dynasty.
But with so many teams close together in the AFC from 1 to 5 in a power ranking
I just don't see a dynasty. Especially with the big contracts going to
QBs..WR..DE..CB. what is the turnover Rate with rosters
Every year...25 to 33%
I don't think the Browns were ever talented enough since the return
To quantify for a DYNASTY.
heck they can't even get into the playoffs on a regular basis.

The Moore trade is a good one. He has huge upside and
Offers a skillet no other WR brings to the table on the Browns
It's evident Berry can't draft WRs. Next best option
Go acquire one where the most detailed scouting has already
Been done.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I do agree that nothing tells you how a players skill set will transfer to playing in the NFL like watching them play in the NFL does.

This certainly looks like it's a great trade.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
They sound like Jets guys and they are wearing Jets hats.

I don't know. I thought the te take was interesting.

Can't really make out the hats on my phone. I was looking into moving to Asheville for awhile, though, and know it's in the Carolinas. I guess the personal connection just made the Asheville part stick out, and made me wonder.

No complaints about the take.

Fiercely Independent.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Yep, thank you Aaron Rogers and AB for identifying the availability and taking advantage of it

1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
JC...

Really loving this trade...Lets not forget Elijah Moore was touted as a first round pick, whom slid to #34 overall behind the likes of Ja'marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Devanta Smith, and Bateman (Bateman should be really good once he gets healthy) Moore will give us that element of perhaps Brandin Cooks (someones mentioned the comp, funny thing is Zay Flowers in this years draft reminds me if Cooks) Should be well settled in our trio sets with him, Coop, and DPJ. He will excel in those under plays, and the splash over the top plays...a ton more sudden and quick vs David Bell. But our core is looking really nice on paper (I also really liked Darden and Marquez Stevenson when they were coming out of North Texas and Houston, I wouldn't be surprised if one takes Schwartz spot, as they both double as a returner) Moore was buried on that depth chart (Jets had and still have a really deep core, much to the likes of what happened to Braxton Berrios there...poor QB play, and a talented core...pushes you down some)

Felt the value was pretty good, kinda bummed we have to wait until #74 overall to draft (Hoping Keenu Benton, perhaps Drew Sanders is there) I don't think we are drafting a wideout this year...could be wrong, I think they are focused on developing the young guys we have (Moore, Bell, Woods, Stevenson, Darden, Schwartz) Hoping Schwartz has a nice camp, so he can fetch hopefully even a late pick next year.

I'm thinking Berry wants a quick dynamic WR who is ready to play, (rookies often take some time, or hit a wall as well) Moore knows NFL coverages, zones, more advanced routes, etc than any rookie whom will be available at our selections.

2 members like this: Versatile Dog, FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the comp I can see the most is Antonio Brown. Not necessarily going to match his production, but the way Moore snatches the ball cleanly on the move is very reminiscent of Brown.

Fiercely Independent.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Fiercely Independent.
T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
I think the comp I can see the most is Antonio Brown. Not necessarily going to match his production, but the way Moore snatches the ball cleanly on the move is very reminiscent of Brown.

Heck I never thought of that one, but that's a good comp...I think his floor is perhaps a Bernard Berrian (there's an odd one for you lol) and hell, if his ceiling is Antonio Brown (without the baggage) Then I'm most content with this trade.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Lance Zierlien actually made the Antonio Brown comp on his combine profile on NFL.com. I could just see it while watching highlights.

I'd seen the Cooks comps elsewhere as well, but personally didn't see it as much in what I watched.

He definitely has some similarities with both. There were just more plays that I watched and found myself saying,"Yep, that looks like something Antonio Brown would do."

Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend

Stop it!

You're telling me this dude caught 100% (really 103% lol) of his catchable balls last year?? saywhat

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FATE

Stop it!

You're telling me this dude caught 100% (really 103% lol) of his catchable balls last year?? saywhat

He mighta dropped some that were deemed catchall and caught more that weren't. Sort of like when Braylon could only seem to catch highlight reel balls and drop the easy ones.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by FATE

Stop it!

He mighta dropped some that were deemed catchall and caught more that weren't. Sort of like when Braylon could only seem to catch highlight reel balls and drop the easy ones.

Yeah, I see now his advanced stats show 2 drops last year. Not that takes anything away from his efficiency.

Good ole Braylon... it was either highlights or a blooper reel, week in and week out. To my eyes, dude had a serious issue with depth perception.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I'll say I am more excited about Moore than relived Braylon is ancient history.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He had two drops his rookie year ... not last season.

[Linked Image]

V
Legend
Legend
V
According to this site, he had 4 drops as a rookie and 0 last year. Safe to say he doesn't have a drop issue.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player/elijah-moore-15280

1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
According to this site, he had 4 drops as a rookie and 0 last year. Safe to say he doesn't have a drop issue.

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player/elijah-moore-15280

Huh. I always go the the site below, but this isn't the first time I've seen different values for 'drops' from site to site. Not a big deal either way... dude doesn't have a hard time putting his (vice) grips on the ball.

Man, that roto site has enough advanced stats to make your eyes bleed!

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorEl00.htm#detailed_receiving_and_rushing

V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, drops are kind of subjective. I remember we had a thread about it at one point. The numbers varied from site to site. I think it is pretty clear that most of us can see that drops are not an issue for this guy.

I love this trade. The Jeudy deal scared me because of future salary and roster issues. I just hope that Moore is a team guy and won't make waves. We don't need another JJIII running his mouth to the media.

Edit: I've used the site you linked before. I think both are reputable sites.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 03/23/23 05:35 PM.
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Love the trade. The Browns win the Super Bowl on paper every year. Talk is cheap, time for results and now.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
I agree. We were both on the same page with Jeudy. We would have had two less stabs in the draft and a large salary. There's no denying his talent, but I actually think Moore is a better fit. That was my biggest concern through this whole process... fit.

I feel like Berry actually snapped in a puzzle piece that brings more than just the talent of the player alone. He compliments the rest of the corps better than almost any FA available. And the role he excels in is always a crap shoot in the draft; especially when you get into the speedy, 'undersized' (he's on the fringe) receivers.

Moore will fill Watson's eyes very early in his progressions and allow him to "hit" or work through... Working through Cooper, whose window is nearly always at least 'cracked'; and then DPJ -- who seems to always 'make hay' at the backend of that internal clock in the QB's brain. As soon as there is any type of rapport between Watson and Moore; broken and extended plays have the possibility of being defensive back-breakers.

Watson is an athletic QB that can extend plays. He delivers the ball accurately and at an often perfect velocity when on the move. It can look like simple pitch-and-catch when he's at his best... that gives a player like Moore a lot of room for YAC.

With one pick swap, and a stupid-low salary, we've moved the offense so much further forward than I expected at this juncture.

I'm not worried about any "waves". I've read enough to see there was a serious disconnect in NY that wasn't just all about Moore and his attitude. The numbers don't lie. He was already odd-man-out... Rogers having a role picking his new teammates probably just exacerbated the issue and made the divorce easy.

What I don't get is how the heck Berry has mastered the Jedi hand wave when it comes to taking away other teams' wide receivers.

2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Versatile Dog
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c

Looks like another astute acquisition - I'd say this is very low cost on all fronts (trade and future salary), also think he comes with much less 'bust' factor or whatever you want to call it. He's light years ahead of what we had in Bell or Schwartz as the 3rd WR / Slot guy behind Cooper and DPJ. There is a lot to like.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c...

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
So we gave up a 2nd round pick (in a draft we already don't have a 1st) for a #4 slot receiver.

And people celebrate. I tell ya - we win every move and every off-season according to the homers on this board.

Somehow it just never translates to actual wins on the field. Weird how that works.

Our WR corps is Cooper (a decent #2), DPJ (a league average #3), Moore (a #4 slot guy who we hope has upside due to bad QB play)...and David Bell who is a fringe NFL player. Call me when we get a real #1 and 1 more above average guy to add to that room - oh wait we can't, we don't have any draft picks.

We'll just run Chubb every play. Oh nevermind, Stefanski won't do that and we have to justify DW's ridiculous contract so we'll pass a ton. Likely not very successfully.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
So, in other words...

You still think the Browns suck.
You still think they will always suck.
Your only reason for ever posting here is to tell us we're all suckers.

Thanks for checking in. We'll see you after we screw up the draft. thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
So we gave up a 2nd round pick (in a draft we already don't have a 1st) for a #4 slot receiver.

And people celebrate. I tell ya - we win every move and every off-season according to the homers on this board.

Somehow it just never translates to actual wins on the field. Weird how that works.

Our WR corps is Cooper (a decent #2), DPJ (a league average #3), Moore (a #4 slot guy who we hope has upside due to bad QB play)...and David Bell who is a fringe NFL player. Call me when we get a real #1 and 1 more above average guy to add to that room - oh wait we can't, we don't have any draft picks.

We'll just run Chubb every play. Oh nevermind, Stefanski won't do that and we have to justify DW's ridiculous contract so we'll pass a ton. Likely not very successfully.

NO we gave up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd round pick and a number 2/3 WR with speed that we really needed.

Geez if your going to bitch and moan at least get it right rolleyes

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
3 members like this: lampdogg, jfanent, CapCity Dawg
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for Elijah Moore

Link Copied to Clipboard