Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Should see most of the cowboys stuff. Most REALLY wanted cooper back. He was easily one of the things that made Dak look good. Cooper is a 1.

But any case... here's tom grossi's take

Last edited by The Collector; 03/24/23 07:18 AM.
2 members like this: OldColdDawg, FL_Dawg
V
Legend
Legend
V
If you are going to make fun of other people, try having your facts straight.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

I respect Burns' opinions. On the other hand, this team needs someone who can win out of the slot. DPJ is not that type of WR. Maybe a guy like Bell or Felton will improve by leaps and bounds and win from the slot, but I wouldn't count on it.

Legend
Legend
It will be interesting to see how Moore is integrated into the offense.

In the end my guess is he will be moved around. I think on a weekly basis KS will look for matchups.

It would not surprise me to see Cooper in the slot at times.

What I like that Moore brings is the offense can use the entire field. In 11 personnel we can send a receiver anywhere. We can flood and we can quarter.

DW should have no limits on where to go. I think KS brought in Bill Musgrave to assist him in the development of the offense. Musgrave has 20 years of offensive coaching.

IMO the offense is going to look different. We have been a two TE, play action, run centric team. I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

We have the receivers now for DW to really make a difference.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by bonefish
IMO the offense is going to look different. We have been a two TE, play action, run centric team. I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

Could be, or we could spread teams out and take advantage of lighter boxes with Chubb.

I think we'll see a lot of RPOs. I.e, have Chubb to Watson's right in gun, Moore in left slot. Fly sweep motion. Mesh with Chubb, if the flow followed Moore hand it off for outside zone to the left. If everybody stayed home, roll with Moore and threaten the right flat. Have the right outside receiver run a post. If safeties come up, hit the post over the top. If safeties stay over the top, take the easy scramble yards. If the flat defender comes up off of Moore, have Moore turn the flat into a wheel route into the space hopefully cleared by the post and toss it over.

Could also potentially add a screen to Chubb off of the same action, but switch the post to a fly and have the left outside receiver run a drag/slant.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I think David Bell will improve quite a bit from year 1 to year 2. I watched a video were they were showing Browns receivers and he was winning 80% of his man to man routes. I see him as a receiver that gets better and better. He just lacks what Elijah Moore has and that is speed.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by bonefish
It will be interesting to see how Moore is integrated into the offense.

In the end my guess is he will be moved around. I think on a weekly basis KS will look for matchups.

It would not surprise me to see Cooper in the slot at times.

What I like that Moore brings is the offense can use the entire field. In 11 personnel we can send a receiver anywhere. We can flood and we can quarter.

DW should have no limits on where to go. I think KS brought in Bill Musgrave to assist him in the development of the offense. Musgrave has 20 years of offensive coaching.

WRs that you can interchange In any of the 3 spots in the 11 personal
Packages really stresses the defense. I think KS can scheme that
Without any difficulties
What's funny is why does it seem like Berry is late to the party
In adding the elements of gamebreaking speed to the offense
I think the Browns offense might take a page from the
Bengals and Bills offense in 2023. Cause the offense that was
Implemented in the last 2 years was lacking sizzle and big plays

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Berry has been trying to add game breaking speed since he's gotten here. Unfortunately, it hasn't been able to stay on the field. Schwartz has had multiple concussions stunt his development and cause him to miss extended time. Jakeem Grant blew out an Achilles before seeing game action for us.

Fiercely Independent.
V
Legend
Legend
V
I hope you are correct. That would be huge for us.

Legend
Legend
We were limited at quarterback and the team strength was running the ball.

BM could throw anywhere. The problem was he could not start from the pocket. We had to scheme him to lanes to throw from.

Most of the time we were throwing to one half of the field.

In addition Chubb and Hunt were the real strength of the team. So we used two and three TE's. We never got to the point where Odell and Landry along with a young DPJ got to be all a part of a coherent passing scheme.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Wow.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

I think this is what we are doing too. I really hope this is true.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Originally Posted by ScottPlayersFacemask
I think we are going to a passing oriented attacking offense that now uses the run as a backup tool to open more space to throw.

I think this is what we are doing too. I really hope this is true.

I think we will pass more because we finally have a qb that excels in the passing game. However, I think we will still run the ball. The Shanahan/Kubiak tree is known for being balanced. I do agree w/you guys in that we should face fewer stacked boxes now than we have in the past.

I would like to see us run more Pistol than the standard shotgun. Running the Pistol moves the RB into more favorable positions to run from and it does not telegraph the run/pass play call as the basic shotgun does. The key is to the Pistol is to have a qb who is mobile and intelligent enough to exploit attacking defenses.

BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's small, 5'10 179lbs is real small to play in the NFL.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by BpG
He's small, 5'10 179lbs is real small to play in the NFL.

That was his College weight ... he is probably five pounds heavier.
The little dude is actually pretty muscled up ... And put up 17 reps of 225 at his pro day.

He will be the other shirtless guy on the sidelines not named David Njoku.

[Linked Image]

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I think Moore gives Stefanski a lot of flexibility in where he lines guys up. Here are Burns comments regarding Cooper and DPJ in the slot and more on the topic.

V
Legend
Legend
V
HaHa. I just replied to you in the Goodwin thread and brought up Burns' earlier comments. I think Goodwin solves the problem of the slot. I'll be interested to read what Burns has to say about that move. I always like reading his takes. He knows the game.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by GMdawg
Originally Posted by GraffZ06
So we gave up a 2nd round pick (in a draft we already don't have a 1st) for a #4 slot receiver.

And people celebrate. I tell ya - we win every move and every off-season according to the homers on this board.

Somehow it just never translates to actual wins on the field. Weird how that works.

Our WR corps is Cooper (a decent #2), DPJ (a league average #3), Moore (a #4 slot guy who we hope has upside due to bad QB play)...and David Bell who is a fringe NFL player. Call me when we get a real #1 and 1 more above average guy to add to that room - oh wait we can't, we don't have any draft picks.

We'll just run Chubb every play. Oh nevermind, Stefanski won't do that and we have to justify DW's ridiculous contract so we'll pass a ton. Likely not very successfully.

NO we gave up a 2nd round pick for a 3rd round pick and a number 2/3 WR with speed that we really needed.

Geez if your going to bitch and moan at least get it right rolleyes

Bolded to highlight that those are your hopes and prayers (things we specialize in every spring). I'd disagree completely. He's been JAG at NYJ. Browns are betting he's more than that with DW instead of Wilson throwing him the ball. Likely some. Enough to be our #2? Not if our WR room didn't suck.

Last edited by GraffZ06; 03/24/23 08:44 PM.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
If you are going to make fun of other people, try having your facts straight.

I wasn't making fun of anyone. Just posting my opinions. We're still allowed to do that right Vers? And what facts did I have incorrect? The fact that he's a slot receiver? Which - fact: he played in college. And fact: is a position that seems more natural given his small stature. But sure, Jake Burns says otherwise (even though he explicitly said it's his opinion as well) so I guess I'm lying.

[Linked Image]

Fear us, for we are the BROWNS, led by the mighty BM! Only in Cleveland.
O
Legend
Legend
O
I remember this kid making me say, "Why don't we ever hit like that?" during his rookie year.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
V
Legend
Legend
V
Of course you are allowed to state your opinions and I never said you were lying.

I'd say that this is making fun of others:

And people celebrate. I tell ya - we win every move and every off-season according to the homers on this board.

The following are not facts:

So we gave up a 2nd round pick (in a draft we already don't have a 1st) for a #4 slot receiver.

We got Moore and a 3rd rounder. That's a fact. Also, no way is he going to be our 4th WR.

Our WR corps is Cooper (a decent #2)

Not a fact. Advanced stats have been posted on this board that verify he is a #1 WR.

We'll just run Chubb every play. Oh nevermind, Stefanski won't do that and we have to justify DW's ridiculous contract so we'll pass a ton. Likely not very successfully.

Not a fact. Stefanski wants to win. His job is on the line. He isn't going to pass due to Watson's contract. That's simply absurd.

Look, I don't care if you don't like the trade. That's fine. But, don't act like those of us who do like the trade are stupid homers. That's all.

5 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, FATE, bonefish
V
Legend
Legend
V

P
Legend
Legend
P
Tariq Woolen was a 5th round draft pick at #153.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
What will all of this signing of Elijah Moore, and the tight end, and Mar@uise Goodson,
what will it all mean?
It won't mean anything, if the coaches don't get them ready to go

It won't mean anything if they are as ill prepared to win and uncoordinated as the team was in September of 2022.

The coaching, and the GM, and the "group" of coaches hasn't yet showed in at least two years of K S's time as HC that they were ready for either an opener or the month of September games.

Do you trust these coaches to get the offense ready? forget the defense for a minute,
Can the current coaches show that they can get an Offense ready to go for even the beginning month of the regular season.

If the coaches can't figure out what the rest of the NFL is doing, then signing better offensive players still won't lead to finishing better in the division race.

Elijah Moore, should be, a good signing, a great one actually.

Are the coaches going to give us an offense this year?

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

He also was a Pro Bowler.

Fiercely Independent.
1 member likes this: Versatile Dog
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Bull_Dawg
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

He also was a Pro Bowler.

For a brief second, I thought you meant he was a Pro Bowler....as in bowling.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
No, no, no. You can't become a pro bowler based on a popularity contest held among the fans.

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Yeah, a 5th round cb in Seattle won a popularity contest.

Let's ignore that Moore made a sweet move and focus on a manufactured negative.

P
Legend
Legend
P
What did Milk post to make you respond to him that way?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
With no first or second round draft choices, we can already predict a boring draft and perhaps a C grade by all the pundits.

It’s normally not my cup of tea, but the season is not always determined by the draft.

I like the trade for Moore. The price was not too high, and we did not lose a pick.

Maybe a solid player will emerge, but the season will be determined by Watson and how the staff adjusts to his skill set, and his skills coming back.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

1 member likes this: Ballpeen
B
Legend
Legend
B
Solid comments, especially about how the staff needs to adjust to Watsons talents.

The fans need to adjust as well. It's not going to be Chubb 25 times a game.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
Its hard to drop the ball when you are not being TARGETED

I know we got a 3rd rounder...the FACT is we did not have a First nor a Second round pick in 2 seasons...TWO! value chart crapola who cares. When my point is we did not get a pick in the IMPACT rounds which are so so important.

This is a big void of young talent that will forever be overpaid now in FA and none are good as hitting on Ward, Delpit, Garrett, Bitonio, Chubb, Newsome. Watson is more scarier investment than I originally thought. I thought he would be this amazing QB with vision and amazing pre and post snap reads. We can hope that it was just rust but I didn't see the mental improvements...my original beef on him was his character towards women. But now I am wondering if you all over qualified him as a top 5 QB. Well we got weapons galore now as for the kid Elijah Moore I never said he was garbage I was saying that he had a bad case of the drops and last year he was not targeted as any kind of reliable WR weapon which then came with social media attitude making him tradeable. I think we got taken by the Jets who had given up on their 2nd round pick and they got a 2nd for him. It was not a good trade - Hey maybe we can get lucky and the kid will mature into a good player. I think we got Goodwin to help mold him. But all the talk about how great he was was just Fandom at its best on this board. Which I'm guilty of it in the past..

We will see. I think we made as good a moves as we could this off season. Props to Berry but it is all work to offset the terrible trade we made cause of a Owner that just couldn't finish the deal of being patient and letting the football people do their job.

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Good to see ya posting.

I think if you really dig into Moore from college on and get behind the curtain in NY. It may change your opinion.

Regarding DW anything written at this stage is guess work.

When this season is over you will have your answer on the trade to get him.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
The Browns made the deal with the devil when they traded for Watson.

These are the consequences.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

T
Legend
Legend
T
This is a big void of young talent that will forever be overpaid now in FA and none are good as hitting on Ward, Delpit, Garrett, Bitonio, Chubb, Newsome

I'd counter that, neither Denzel Ward nor Delpit are very good/ much over average, Garrett took a while, one year, Bitonio took 4 to five years to play at a top level, Chubb they hit on, and Newsome has been above average but in a small sample 2 years.
Moore and Amari Cooper together could wind up a good move.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
L
Legend
Legend
L
I’ll take the “consequences” cuz it means we got a top-shelf QB.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
2 members like this: Versatile Dog, ScottPlayersFacemask
V
Legend
Legend
V
The "consequences" that was previously made makes absolutely no sense. There were several of us [led by bonefish] that were talking of trading for Moore long before this trade was made. We basically stole Moore from the Jets. His salary is just above $1 million for the next two years. The Jets wanted that 2nd round pick to throw in the Rodgers trade and they then had to sign Hardman for around $6.5 million. The Jets are so desperate to land Rodgers that they let the Browns fleece them in this particular trade.

V
Legend
Legend
V
Analyzing the revamped wide receiver room after adding Elijah Moore, Marquise Goodwin

Cory Kinnan
March 26, 2023 12:26 pm ET

As the Cleveland Browns saw their passing offense finish in the bottom-quarter of the league, they made a concerted effort to get more explosive this offseason. By both trading for third-year wide receiver Elijah Moore and signing veteran speedster Marquise Goodwin, the Browns have taken a step forward in that department.

Now with a crowded wide receiver room, what is the outlook of the wide receiver position for the Browns in 2023 and beyond? We analyze here the depth of the position, the versatility, the roles that are filled, and what still might be needed at the wide receiver position in Cleveland.

Elijah Moore is not just a slot receiver

As Elijah Moore comes to Cleveland, there is the idea that he is going to be strictly a slot receiver, but that has never been the case in his career. In 2022 with the Jets, Moore’s reps were split 50/50 out wide and in the slot. Even in 2021, his rookie season, Moore played just 28 percent of his snaps from the slot.

With the route running savvy and ability to win off the line of scrimmage, Moore has the skillset to predominantly carve up defensive backs from Z looks more often than in the slot. And this gives the Browns a great deal of alignment versatility to play with.

With Moore and Goodwin now added to the roster (and especially Moore), the Browns now have the luxury of moving both Amari Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones around as well. As Cooper ages a bit, the Browns can move him into the slot and exploit mismatches with him inside.

Even on early downs and non-obvious passing situations, there is a ton of benefit to sticking Peoples-Jones in the slot as well. Their best blocking receiver, he could act as a faux-tight end as the Browns look to run predominantly 11 personnel and run out of the shotgun.

And just because Moore has the skillset of a Z, he does have a nice volume of snaps in the slot too. Last year’s third rounder could also play in the slot as well in four-wide sets and even in some three-wide packages offensively.

In two wide receiver sets the Browns could trot out their two most lethal in Cooper and Moore, or they could trot out Peoples-Jones and Cooper. In three wide receiver sets, the Browns could throw speed on the field with Moore and Goodwin with Cooper, or they could throw their three best with Cooper, Moore, and Peoples-Jones.

There are options galore for the Browns as they look to get more explosive offensively.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/lis...medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Legend
Legend
I’m late to the party here, but Moore is a dynamic player. YAC and explosive plays are now expected in the passing game.

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns trade for Elijah Moore

Link Copied to Clipboard