Next Thread
Print Thread
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Two inmates caught at IHOP after allegedly using toothbrush to escape from Virginia jail

Two inmates who allegedly used a toothbrush to escape from a Newport News, Virginia, jail are back in custody after they were caught at an IHOP, authorities said.

John M. Garza, 37, and Arley V. Nemo, 43, were discovered missing from their cell around 7:15 p.m. Monday, the Newport News Sheriff's Office said in a news release. During a preliminary investigation, authorities found the men exploited a construction design weakness by using "primitive-made tools" made by a toothbrush and a metal object, deputies said.

The tools allowed them to access to untied bars between the walls and once gaining access to the rebar, they used it to escape, according to the sheriff's office. Once they were outside, Garza and Nemo climbed a wall and left the jail.

They were eventually found at an IHOP in Hampton and arrested by police officers Tuesday morning.

Newport News Sheriff Gabe Morgan thanked local police agencies and citizens for their help in catching Nemo and Garza.

"It reinforces what we always say 'see something, say something,'" Morgan said in a statement.

Authorities said they will review and formulate ways to mitigate the "facility weakness" and acknowledged the flaw is present throughout the jail.

Garza was in custody on several charges including contempt of court, probation violations and failure to appear. Nemo was held on numerous charges, such as credit card fraud, credit card larceny, possession of burglar tools, grand larceny, contempt of court and probation violation. Charges in connection with their escape are pending, authorities said.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/john-m-garza-arley-v-nemo-newport-news-virginia-jail-ihop/

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Well, the pancakes are pretty good and it could have been national pancake day!!! thumbsup

Legend
Legend
Dudes cut rebar out of the wall and then got captured by some chocolate chip pancakes??

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Mama always said...

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It brings an entire different train of though to Finding Nemo. They didn't have much trouble Finding Nemo in Virginia.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
1st - compared to a shootout, this is relatively good news.

2nd - is there verifiable information they ordered pancakes? I took my mom there a few years back, and the eggs benedict were pretty good. She ordered crepes. Think about it: you've been eating watery oatmeal and rotten toast for awhile, your mind is troubled with fantasies of women and a good breakfast. The first is a long way off; the latter is readily available.

3rd: The question is - what's the appropriate punishment once back in custody? Longer sentence, for sure. Ridicule by fellow inmates, yes. I don't know.

Based on the toothbrush and fraud schemes, we can't assume these guys are dumb. Never underestimate the lure of a gigantic breakfast.

Legend
Legend
IHOP crepes are off da chain.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I like IHOP but not in a break outta prison sorta way, more like shank a dude sorta way.

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
B
Legend
Legend
B
If I broke out of prison, IHOP wouldn't be on the list of firsts.

We have 2-3 here in town. It has probably been 6-7 years since my last visit. I like Waffle House and a local Mom and Pop. If you are a criminal, Waffle House is a perfect place to blend in....lol, but their waffle's, omlettes, and hash browns can't be beat, anywhere. I like my hashbrowns scattered, extra smothered, and chunked.

No thanks Ma'am, not covered. I don't want cheese on my taters. I would be obliged if you would so kind as to top off the coffee.

You have to know how to talk when in the Waffle House.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Sounds like they likely went on an all night bender and needed something to soak up the alcohol in the morning.

...I've heard IHOP is good for that.... angel

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
This has the makings of a country song

3 members like this: PitDAWG, Clemdawg, FATE
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... How Badly Do You Want To Eat At IHOP?

Link Copied to Clipboard