Dawg Talker
D
Steelers trade up to take Tackle Broderick Jones

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
No Wr taken yet, the best avail? probably Jalen Hyatt imo, but not others opinon,
at fifteen the Jets
with a make a wish kid pick, ... Will Mcdonald lb, iowa st,

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Browns pick in fifty eight picks.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Emmanuel Forbes I6th overall to the Washington no name team.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Patriots get Gonzalez the top ten ranked cornerback from Oregon. at number seventeen overall.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Should the Browns be trying to trade up into the top 40 or 34ish...

T
Legend
Legend
T
I8 = Jack Campbell Iowa to Detroit linebacker
nineteen Calijah Kancey to Tampa Bay, DL/edge/LB/ DL. from pitt university

T
Legend
Legend
T
I think there will be a run on WR by pick fifty five.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Jaxon smith Njigba wr ohio state, #20 overall to the seattle seahawks.
WR one in selected order

T
Legend
Legend
T
Chargers up, wr #2 @uenton Johnston TCU, wow, incredible runner,
a rb in a WR pos, imo, where??? are his catches in traffic, incredible runner with the ball in his hands

T
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
T
Jack Campbell went a lot higher than most thought...I was kinda hoping he would be there for a trade in late round 2. Hopefully there won't be run on DT and DE until round 3 lol

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Ravens take WR Zay Flowers

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
T
Legend
Legend
T
ravens 22 overall, zay flowers .. wr 3. boston college.
3 WR in a row.

I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Teams are realizing that the way to the SB is throwing
The football. Ground and pound will get you to the playoffs
At best

T
Legend
Legend
T
23,overall, WR Jordan Addison Usc 4 WR in a row. WR#4 4th WR taken. to the Minnesota Vikings

T
Legend
Legend
T
Giants 24th overall Deonte Banks db, Maryland.

T
Legend
Legend
T
To the bills TE one, Dalton Kincaid Utah at #twenty five overall.
the bills did not have a good TE, now they have a chance at one.

T
Legend
Legend
T
The cowboys are on the clock, can you imagine Jalin Hyatt in dallas, oh my freakin goodness, hope not,
don't do it jimmy. take a Center, ... yeah a center Cowboys...
the Cowboys pick
#26th overall .. = Mazi smith DT michigan

T
Legend
Legend
T
twenty seventh overall, anton Harrison OT, to the jaguars to protect trevor Lawrence.

twenty eight, bengals are on the clock.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 04/27/23 11:48 PM. Reason: order wrong.

T
Legend
Legend
T
sigh, once again, the Bengal coach = better, and the Bengal pass rush better than the Browns
they drafted to strength, team strength.

Bengal get Myles Murphy #two seven overall. frown... DE Clemson.

... Berry gets... robyn to batman in the draft. banghead

T
Legend
Legend
T
Best avail edge rushers...
Nolan smith edge Georgia... No, eh, I don't like him.
Bryan Bresee DL Clemson, ehh No, I don't like him,
BJ Olujulari.

Twenty ninth overall, saints get Bryan Bresee DL Clemson.
scratch him off.

Legend
Legend
Crazy night at the Texans draft party!

<><

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Derek Hall Auburn edge
Adetomiwa Adebawore DL nw.
Gervon Dexter IDL florida
Felix the cat, shh, don't mention him, < TRADE UP for him Berry, errrggggh. edge Ksu
Keion White edge Georgia tech
Jalen Redmond Oklahoma edge,
Trenton simpson, Clemson, Trenton the Tiger, a 2nd guy I like
Moro Ojomo the dL texas, I like.

T
Legend
Legend
T
30th overall the Eagles
Nolan smith to Philadelphia edge, from UGA

Last edited by THROW LONG; 04/27/23 11:51 PM.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Chiefs got the top player in the draft at #3I
Felix Andike Uzomah goes 3I, edge Ksu, to the chiefs

YOU BLEW IT BERRY
BERRY YOU BLEW IT. banghead how'd you let him get away. frown

Legend
Legend
Zay Flowers going to the Ravens is not a good thing.

This guy is super quick. They signed Lamar and Odell and added a flyer in Flowers.

Their offense got better.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by bonefish
Zay Flowers going to the Ravens is not a good thing.

This guy is super quick. They signed Lamar and Odell and added a flyer in Flowers.

Their offense got better.

No doubt a good player.

We picked up Moore, so we got better too.

Now the long wait until 9:30 ish without a trade to find out who we select.

I know we have our needs, but I really hope we stick to our board and take the best players we can and not worry about needs so much. After the draft we can still make a few moves to address needs, and at "cheap" prices as well. If you are going to spend money on a scouting department, and possibly contract with a few free agent scouts or scouting services, then you need to trust that.

Starting where we are starting, the odds are slim we select an all-pro, but if we do I think it is more likely because we trusted our scouting and went with the best player we could select. Maybe he will be in a position of need, maybe not. Selecting some OG isn't going to move the needle of public opinion, but in 3-years, nobody remembers that if the guy is a solid pro we want to extend.

To translate to baseball, and take on something Savage said, we don't need to hit homeruns. As baseball guys, singles and doubles go a long way towards winning baseball games. I'll be happy with a few singles this weekend.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Some thoughts after Round 1:

--Baltimore went from looking like a possible dumpster fire to having Lamar, OBJ, and Flowers. Damn!

--Philly wins the night w/Jalen Carter and Nolan Smith.

--I don't get why Detroit took a RB. They have Swift and Montgomery on their roster. They need defensive help.

--Steelers w/a wise move to move up a couple of spots and grab an OT.

--Texans made a big splash w/Stroud and Anderson.

--Cowboys reached a bit for Mazi Smith.

--Minnesota once again failed to address their defense.

--It was painful to watch the shots of Will Levis and his family as he sat and fell out of the first round.

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

--Baltimore went from looking like a possible dumpster fire to having Lamar, OBJ, and Flowers. Damn!

--I don't get why Detroit took a RB. They have Swift and Montgomery on their roster. They need defensive help.

--It was painful to watch the shots of Will Levis and his family as he sat and fell out of the first round.

As for Baltimore, they had Lamar. I never thought he was going to leave. As for OBJ, he has never lived up to the hype since his days in NY. He may have a bit of a resurgence, but I doubt he goes back to being a top 5-10 receiver.

No doubt Philly is sick. Just sick....sick I a good way if you are a Philly fan. Those boys might need to learn to eat some bagels and Philly Cheese stakes, but for those boys Philly might need to put some grits and country ham on the training table.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
V
Legend
Legend
V
Of the 31 players drafted in this year's first round, 18 of them came from either the Big 10 or the SEC. Both conferences had 9 players drafted last night. Alabama, Georgia, and Ohio State led the way with 3 each. That's not surprising, but it's still noteworthy.

1 member likes this: IrishDawg42
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F

It is interesting that you point out the Levis reaction. I hate the draft being this late in the year. There is so much "news" put out and so many rumors from unnamed sources, probable smoke screens from teams and other disinformation. I swear when I first started just poking around sites Levis was considered a risk and Stroud was nearly a lock for #1 pick. In the past week one of Levin's "people" supposedly said he thought he was going number 1 overall to Carolina and then reports of Stroud dropping out of the first 7 picks and maybe being the 4th or 5th QB.

I have always heard of the silly season and this past week certainly it.

As an aside, if I were a GM, I would never tell my true intentions to anyone outside the organization and would fire any employee I found out was doing it. In the past we have had FOs who seemed to let people know what we were thinking and to me that is never good. I feel it leaves you quite vulnerable during trade talks. Anyway, I digress. Hopefully we can get some help during day 2.

P
Legend
Legend
P
The only team who would have nothing to gain by hiding their draft intentions would be the team drafting at #1. There's nothing anyone can do to stop them from drafting who they want. Otherwise teams should never tip their hand. But then I think that's the very reason we see so much disinformation. Teams leak the wrong information to keep everyone else off track. While I agree with Vers that it was painful to watch the Levis family sitting, waiting and watching. It was hilarious watching Todd McShay giving Mel Kiper a ton of grief over Levis still not being drafted when Kiper had been talking Levis up the entire night. I actually didn't see the kid being first round material but that's just me.

My old hunting buddy lives in Alpena Michigan and is a huge Lions fan. We spoke before the draft and after their second pick in round one, #18. He was beside himself with the Lions picking the second RB in the draft at #12. I told him I wish I could tell him something to make him feel better about the pick but I had nothing to offer. With all the trades it made for an entertaining night. I think the Texans and the Eagles had the best night.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P

1. I'm far from being concerned with Lamar and OBJ (Injuries waiting to Happen) and a unproven Rookie who will have Lamar throwing to him for a while, maybe?

2. Philly did have a great first round ...

3. I thought the same thing when the Lions picked a RB ...

4. Yes the Squeelers needed OL ...

5. Texans used their draft capital wisely ...

6. Cowboys messed up BIG TIME ...

7. Vikings needed defense ...

8. Never thought Levis was a first Round QB ... And Let me add the Colts also got fleeced by the "Experts" Richardson is not good ... JMHO

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Richardson somewhat reminds me of Lamar as a rookie coming into the NFL. Not a very accurate passer but great as a scrambler. Lamar has improved as a passer but that's certainly not a given for a QB entering the NFL. It's going to be a matter of feast or famine with him. I didn't see the consistency from him at the college level to take that kind of a gamble with him in the draft. Only time will tell I guess.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c

Will Levis Will Not Attend Second Night of NFL Draft in Kansas City, per Report

After falling out of the first-round of the NFL draft, Kentucky quarterback Will Levis will not attend Friday night’s festivities in Kansas City, according to a report from Nick Roush of Kentucky Sports Radio.

Levis, who was sitting in the green room at Union Station all night on Thursday only to not be selected, will instead spend his Friday night elsewhere. Levis is expected to be picked early in the second round.

The Kentucky quarterback was one of the top quarterback prospects throughout the pre-draft prospects, but was a clear step behind Bryce Young and C.J. Stroud, who were the top two prospects at the position entering Thursday.

Once Young and Stroud were selected, it was anyone’s guess who would go next between Levis and Florida quarterback Anthony Richardson. Ultimately, Richardson went No. 4 to the Colts, and there were no more quarterbacks selected on Thursday night.

Levis spent his final two seasons as the starting quarterback at Kentucky after sitting behind Sean Clifford at Penn State.

With the Wildcats, Levis completed 65.7% of his passes for 5,232 yards and 43 touchdowns to 23 interceptions.

The second round and third rounds of the 2023 NFL draft will take place on Friday night, starting at 7 p.m. ET.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/04/28/w...mdAwzce353TlB_pcMEUNX1pu9TiurzQHxUgWDyP4

#gmstrong
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Does anyone have an idea who will draft Levis? I think the Seahawks at 37 or the Raiders at 38 could be possibilities.

Last edited by Homewood Dog; 04/28/23 02:28 PM.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Titans with pick #41 is a real possibility.

2 members like this: FATE, PitDAWG
P
Legend
Legend
P
There are at least a few ideas. Although I have no idea how it will play out.

Tampa Bay is one possibility. Let's face it, their choices at the time are between Baker and Trask. Not an enviable situation to be in at the QB position. And neither are anyone they can rely on to fix the position long term. This would give Levis a season or at least part the season to work his way into the line up. While I have no idea what Tampa bay plans to do, it would make sense they are considering this as an option.

I think you could also look at teams who may not be sold with their current starter or teams with aging QB's looking to draft their QB of the future.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
When we were in the quarterback market. Man I studied all available quarterbacks.

Breaking down every piece of tape I could fine. This year I barely looked at all.

You can't help but see a little of the top guys. Young looked really good to me. If he was 6'2" or more. They would be talking like he was the second coming of Joe Namath.

Stroud is a big strong viable quarterback. I didn't see much of him but he looked the part. Richardson I saw on the whiteboard with Mariucci. Impressive guy. A physical specimen if there ever was one.

Levis. I saw part of his pro day. He looked very stiff and mechanical to me. I could not put my finger on it but I didn't like him.
I did not study him. I did not really break him down. The little I saw of game tape. He looked uncertain in reading the field.

I think if I would have broken down his game tape. I would see the why he fell out of the first round.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season NFL Draft 2023 Draft Day Thread

Link Copied to Clipboard