Print Thread
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...at-SatanCon-protests-intense-prayer.html

They are having a throw down lol Where's the popcorn.

No Craps Given
P
Legend
Legend
P
#cancelculture

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lol …. wacko vs wackos. Let them kill each other off like they do in the Middle East.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
Here's the thing... I'm not a satanist,, not by any means. But don't they have a right to their beliefs? Don't they have a right to worship as they wish?

But, the only reason these folks are out there is because they simply can't live and let live... They went out to start a fight where there wasn't one.

Sometimes I think this stuff happens because another country wants to see the American Experiment fail..

It's a shame that we fall for it.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Sometimes I think this stuff happens because another country wants to see the American Experiment fail..

Other countries have nothing to do with it. We simply have people whose political affiliations creates an environment that causes them to feel embolden in the belief that they have the right to inflict their beliefs on others. That they have been somehow preordained to "save America". It reminds me of the times when people actually believed that manifest destiny gave them the right to commit genocide and other atrocities in the name of God. No, it hasn't gotten to that extreme on a grand scale.... as of yet. But the direction it's headed in is troubling.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
eh. Whereever you have groups you have anti-groups. That always happens.

No Craps Given
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Other countries have nothing to do with it. We simply have people whose political affiliations creates an environment that causes them to feel embolden in the belief that they have the right to inflict their beliefs on others. That they have been somehow preordained to "save America". It reminds me of the times when people actually believed that manifest destiny gave them the right to commit genocide and other atrocities in the name of God. No, it hasn't gotten to that extreme on a grand scale.... as of yet. But the direction it's headed in is troubling.

I don't know for sure Pit, but I do think Russia or China would like nothing better than to see American implode.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
V
Legend
Legend
V
I don't know for sure Pit, but I do think Russia or China would like nothing better than to see American implode.

Yet, you champion that cause on a daily basis. smh

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog

What the hell are you talking about?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M

What the hell are you talking about?

I am pretty sure that because he disagrees with your political perspective he is saying you are Championing America Imploding - which to me is like saying you are championing the destruction of America. In the next post he will complain about his divisive the board is and then he will complain about posters calling others names. There is a pattern.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, he hates the division but always blames it on one side. Like he can't see all of what's going on. He can't see states passing laws inflicting their religion on our society. He can't see the undermining of women's rights. He either can't see it or doesn't like anyone talking about it. Take your pick.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Where the hell did that come from? Jesus, no wonder this country is so divided when people think of others like this.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
V
Legend
Legend
V
It came from observing his daily comments. Here are a couple of examples. He immediately blamed the Republicans when an illegal immigrant used a gun obtained illegally to murder other people. He injected Trump into the conversation as a "whataboutism" in the thread about people w/good credit being penalized w/higher rates. Trump and his supporters have nothing to do w/that. He ridicules the right daily. I'm no fan of the Right, but constantly making everything about sides and how one side is to blame for everything and the other side is so perfect is divisive. That cannot be denied. Hell, you are another one who does the same thing. I have yet to see you ever say a negative thing about your side or a positive thing about the other side. To encourage divisiness is a huge part of why this country is imploding.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm no fan of the Right, but constantly making everything about sides and how one side is to blame for everything and the other side is so perfect is divisive. That cannot be denied. Hell, you are another one who does the same thing. I have yet to see you ever say a negative thing about your side or a positive thing about the other side. To encourage divisiness is a huge part of why this country is imploding.

rofl

I take it history isn't something you taught. Throughout this nations history there have been many times that the political divide was as bad or worse than it is now. If you can't see the rise of white supremacy, the degrading and undermining of women's rights, the refusal to do anything in regards to our gun laws and I could go on, that's a you problem. Every major change this country was made, from women's right to vote, to civil rights happened by division, people speaking out and a great amount of division. It's as American as apple pie. Your answer seems to be people should just shut up and deal with it.

That's not going to happen and has never happened in the history of our nation. Advocating people do so is unAmerican. The only difference is now there is the information highway to help people spread their objections more quickly and and organize easier. People should never just "shut up and color".

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
Political polarization in the United States

Article

Tools
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Asymmetric polarization" redirects here. For asymmetric polarization in American news media, see Media bias in the United States.

One year after the election of Donald Trump as U.S. president, American Facebook users on the political right and political left shared almost no common interests.
Political polarization is a prominent component of politics in the United States.[1] Scholars distinguish between ideological polarization (differences between the policy positions) and affective polarization (a dislike and distrust of political out-groups), both of which are apparent in the United States.[2][3] In the last few decades, the U.S. has experienced a greater surge in ideological polarization and affective polarization than comparable democracies.[4][5]

Differences in political ideals and policy goals are indicative of a healthy democracy.[6] Scholarly questions consider changes in the magnitude of political polarization over time, the extent to which polarization is a feature of American politics and society,[7] and whether there has been a shift away from focusing on triumphs to dominating the perceived abhorrent supporters of the opposing party.[6]

Polarization among U.S. legislators is asymmetric, and Congress has become more conservative since the 1970s,[8] when the U.S. also became more polarized, with rapid increases in polarization during the 2000s onwards.[9] According to the Pew Research Center, members of both parties who have unfavorable opinions of the opposing party have doubled since 1994,[10] while those who have very unfavorable opinions of the opposing party are at record highs as of 2023.[11]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_polarization_in_the_United_States#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20Pew%20Research,record%20highs%20as%20of%202023.

P
Legend
Legend
P
1994 until now doesn't quite cover "history".

Think the US is more polarized than ever? You don’t know history

It has become common to say that the United States in 2020 is more divided politically and culturally than at any other point in our national past.

As a historian who has written and taught about the Civil War era for several decades, I know that current divisions pale in comparison to those of the mid-19th century.

Between Abraham Lincoln’s election in November 1860 and the surrender of Robert E. Lee’s Confederate army at Appomattox in April 1865, the nation literally broke apart.

More than 3 million men took up arms, and hundreds of thousands of black and white civilians in the Confederacy became refugees. Four million enslaved African Americans were freed from bondage.

After the war ended, the country soon entered a decade of virulent, and often violent, disagreement about how best to order a biracial society in the absence of slavery.

To compare anything that has transpired in the past few years to this cataclysmic upheaval represents a spectacular lack of understanding about American history.

Caning, secession, assassination

A few examples illustrate the profound difference between divisions during the Civil War era and those of the recent past.

Today, prominent actors often use awards ceremonies as a platform to express unhappiness with current political leaders.

On April 14, 1865, a member of the most celebrated family of actors in the United States expressed his unhappiness with Abraham Lincoln by shooting him in the back of the head.

Today, Americans regularly hear and watch members of Congress direct rhetorical barbs at one another during congressional hearings and in other venues.

On May 22, 1856, U.S. Rep. Preston Brooks of South Carolina caned Sen. Charles Sumner of Massachusetts into bloody insensibility on the floor of the Senate chamber because Sumner had criticized one of Brooks’ kinsmen for embracing “the harlot, Slavery” as his “mistress.”

Recent elections have provoked posturing about how Texas or California might break away from the rest of the nation.

But after a Republican president was elected in 1860, seven slaveholding states seceded between Dec. 20 and Feb. 1, 1861. Four of the remaining eight slaveholding states followed suit between April and June 1861.

Internal fractures, furious war

Americans were thus forced to face the reality that the political system established by the founding generation had failed to manage internal fractures and positioned the United States and the newly established Confederacy to engage in open warfare.

The scale and fury of the ensuing combat underscores the utter inappropriateness of claims that the United States is more divided now than ever before.

Four years of civil war produced at least 620,000 military deaths – the equivalent of approximately 6.5 million dead in the United States of 2020.

The institution of slavery – and especially its potential spread from the South and border states into federal territories – was the key to this slaughter because it provoked the series of crises that eventually proved intractable.

No political issue in 2020 approaches slavery in the mid-19th century in terms of potential divisiveness.

https://theconversation.com/think-the-us-is-more-polarized-than-ever-you-dont-know-history-131600

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
I understand that Pit once again put words into my mouth and I am not responding to his nonsense. I never once mentioned history. I am talking about the political divide in our country and how it is adversely affecting our society. This series of polls by the PEW Research Center is absolutely interesting. It speaks on the growing divide between the followers of the two political parties and how they view one another. It's 8 pages long w/a comprehensive look at a variety of topics that we are dealing with in this country. I will post the first page and then the link if anyone would care to check out just how divided we've become. Btw---if you go to the actual link, there are charts and graphs for each topic that was polled. It's more visually pleasing.

As Partisan Hostility Grows, Signs of Frustration With the Two-Party System

Nearly half of younger adults say they ‘wish there were more parties to choose from’

Chart shows growing shares of both Republicans and Democrats say members of the other party are more immoral, dishonest, closed-minded than other Americans
Partisan polarization has long been a fact of political life in the United States. But increasingly, Republicans and Democrats view not just the opposing party but also the people in that party in a negative light. Growing shares in each party now describe those in the other party as more closed-minded, dishonest, immoral and unintelligent than other Americans.

Perhaps the most striking change is the extent to which partisans view those in the opposing party as immoral. In 2016, about half of Republicans (47%) and slightly more than a third of Democrats (35%) said those in the other party were a lot or somewhat more immoral than other Americans. Today, 72% of Republicans regard Democrats as more immoral, and 63% of Democrats say the same about Republicans.

The pattern is similar with other negative partisan stereotypes: 72% of Republicans and 64% of Democrats say people in the opposing party are more dishonest than other Americans. Fewer than half in each party said this six years ago. Large majorities in both parties also describe those in the other party as more closed-minded than other Americans (83% of Democrats and 69% of Republicans say this), and this sentiment also has increased in recent years.

Chart shows support for more political parties is highest among independents, higher among Democrats than Republicans
Yet there is one negative trait that Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to link to their political opponents. A 62% majority of Republicans say Democrats are “more lazy” than other Americans, up from 46% in previous studies in 2019 and 2016. Only about a quarter of Democrats (26%) say Republicans are lazier than others, and this has changed only modestly since 2016.

The new survey on parties and partisanship by Pew Research Center, conducted among 6,174 Americans between June 27 and July 4, 2022, on the nationally representative American Trends Panel, finds that negative sentiment – the belief that the opposing party’s policies are harmful to the country – remains a major factor in why Republicans and Democrats choose to affiliate with their party.

In fact, nearly equal shares of Republicans cite the harm caused by Democratic policies (78%) and the positive impact of GOP policies (76%) as major reasons why they identify with their party. This also is the case for Democrats, with identical shares (68% each) citing these negative and positive reasons for their decision to affiliate with the Democratic Party.

The belief that the opposing party’s policies are harmful to the country is a particularly prominent factor in why independents lean toward the Republican and Democratic parties. It is the only one, among the five included on this survey, cited by majorities of both Republican-leaning (57%) and Democratic-leaning independents (55%) as a major reason why they lean toward their parties.

The survey finds that while negative partisanship remains extensive – and in many cases is increasing – there also are signs of frustration with the two-party system and the parties themselves. This frustration is more evident among partisan leaners – who tend to be younger and less politically engaged than partisans – than among those who identify as Republicans or Democrats.

Among the public overall, 39% say the following describes their views extremely or very well: “I often wish there were more political parties to choose from in this country.” Another 32% say the statement describes their views somewhat well, while 28% say it describes their views not too well or not at all well.

Notably, Democrats are more likely than Republicans to express a desire for more political parties: 38% of those who identify with the Democratic Party say this describes their views extremely or very well, compared with 21% of Republicans. Yet it is among independents and others who do not identify with a party that the sentiment is most pronounced: 48% say it describes their views extremely or very well, including 48% of those who lean Republican and 53% of those who lean Democratic.

Overall, interest in having more political parties is higher among younger Americans than older adults. Nearly half of those ages 18 to 49 say they often wish there were more parties to choose from (47% say it describes their views extremely or very well); that compares with 35% of those ages 50 to 64 and just 23% of those 65 and older.

Neither party is very popular with the public: Roughly four-in-ten Americans (41%) have a very or somewhat favorable view of the Democratic Party, while even fewer (37%) have a favorable impression of the Republican Party.

Chart shows share of Americans holding unfavorable views of both parties among the highest in decades
Over the past several decades, the share of Americans who express unfavorable opinions of both major parties has grown: In 1994, just 6% of the public had an unfavorable view of the Republican and Democratic parties. Today, about a quarter (27%) have negative views of both parties. This view is especially pronounced among partisan leaners: 44% of Republican-leaning independents – and an identical share of Democratic leaners – currently have negative views of both parties.

The Democratic Party has advantages over the GOP on several traits and attributes, particularly when it comes to tolerance for different types of people and not making excuses for hateful views among members of their own party. About six-in-ten adults (57%) say the phrase “respectful and tolerant of different types of people” describes the Democratic Party very or somewhat well, compared with 38% who say it describes the Republican Party.

And while 61% say the phrase “too often makes excuses for party members who have hateful views” describes the Republican Party, a smaller share (51%) say it describes the Democratic Party.

At the same time, there are more modest differences in views of the parties’ respect for the nation’s democratic institutions. About half of adults (51%) say “respects the country’s democratic institutions and traditions” describes the Democratic Party very or somewhat well, while 45% say it applies to the GOP. And neither party gets high ratings for honesty: 43% say the phrase “governs in an honest and ethical way” describes the Democratic Party, compared with 37% who characterize the Republican Party this way.

Other important findings from the survey
Chart shows rise in share of Democratic leaners who cite frustration with party leadership as reason they don’t identify with the party
Those who lean to the Democratic Party have become more critical of Democratic leaders. When asked why they lean toward a party – rather than identify with it – many leaners say they do not want to put a political label on their views, while nearly as many offer that they are frustrated with the leadership of the party they lean toward. The share of Democratic leaners who cite frustration with the party’s leaders as a major reason for why they do not more closely associate with the party has risen from 28% in 2016 to 40% currently. Over the same period, the share of Republican leaners who express frustration with GOP leadership has declined from 52% to 39%.

The GOP is divided over leaders who endorse Trump’s unproven election claims. About half of Republicans (51%) say they like political leaders who publicly assert that Donald Trump was the legitimate winner of the 2020 presidential election; 17% say they do not like such leaders, while 31% neither like nor dislike them. Those who identify strongly with the GOP – strong Republicans, who make up 70% of all Republicans – are far more likely than those who identify with the party less strongly or Republican leaners to express positive views of such leaders. About six-in-ten strong Republicans (59%) express positive views of leaders who say Trump won in 2020, compared with 31% of less strong Republicans and 24% of Republican-leaning independents.

Republicans and Democrats express increasingly positive views of themselves. While Republicans and Democrats express increasingly negative views of those in the other party, they have become more positive about the people in their party. For example, a majority of Republicans (63%) now say that members of their party are a lot or somewhat more moral than other Americans; about half of Republicans (51%) said that in 2016 and 2019. The share of Democrats who say their fellow Democrats are more moral than other Americans has increased from 38% in 2016 to 51% currently.

Chart shows two decades of rising partisan antipathy
Deeply negative views of the opposing party are far more widespread than in the past. About six-in ten Republicans (62%) and more than half of Democrats (54%) have a very unfavorable view of the other party in Pew Research Center surveys conducted this year. While these highly negative views of the opposing party are little changed in the last few years, the share expressing this level of antipathy is higher than it was even five years ago, and considerably higher than it was a few decades ago. In 1994, fewer than a quarter in both parties rated the other party very unfavorably.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...f-frustration-with-the-two-party-system/

P
Legend
Legend
P
And I pointed out how throughout our nation's history this has happened many times. It's not anything new. I posted how such division has been the catalyst for change throughout our nations history. Look at the battle for civil rights as late as the 1960's as a prime example. You make this sound like some new phenomenon when in fact this is something that has been a constant throughout our nations history. It's like everything else. At a certain point politics becomes too extreme and you'll have the people rise up against it. At a certain point society can see how portions of our people are marginalized and discriminated against. At some point people can see that Nazi and anti semitic sentiments are rising in our country and begin to rise up and speak out against it.

But I know, rather than actually address any of that you will blame me for bringing it up and you'll avoid it like the plague. And you'll continue to make something our nation has been through many times before as now something that is destroying America. People have been saying this same thing for over 200 years yet here we are.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It came from observing his daily comments. Here are a couple of examples. He immediately blamed the Republicans when an illegal immigrant used a gun obtained illegally to murder other people. He injected Trump into the conversation as a "whataboutism" in the thread about people w/good credit being penalized w/higher rates. Trump and his supporters have nothing to do w/that. He ridicules the right daily. I'm no fan of the Right, but constantly making everything about sides and how one side is to blame for everything and the other side is so perfect is divisive. That cannot be denied. Hell, you are another one who does the same thing. I have yet to see you ever say a negative thing about your side or a positive thing about the other side. To encourage divisiness is a huge part of why this country is imploding.

This is actually insightful for a response from you. Not that you got a single point right, but the division is the worst problem we have for most average non-political Americans. And that divide is still growing exponentially. Where you completely miss the facts is that Trump’s movement is currently the major driver of those divides worldwide. Everything that happens in America, ripples across the world. Fascism is on the rise everywhere now. Pre-Trump, that fact only applied to dictatorships. It seems that the elite like the control fascism offers, but prefer a hybrid approach allowing for them to continue bilking the middle class and poor out of existence. It’s like a ponzi scheme at this point, with the elite racing to the big grabs of excess cash and wrestling with each other over controlling the narrative. What will they do when the people refuse to live in squaller? Ponzi schemes always have very rough financial outcomes. Ours is nearing and people have their eyes closed.

We are now fully in the beginning of the era of AI and automation. No matter who you are, what you do, or how important you think you are, YOU are almost obsolete in the workforce; it’s only a matter of time now. We, the working people of the world will need a new way forward where we can still find a way to thrive and grow in that new economy. The elites will not stop AI and automation, because they can’t. Those genies are out of the bottle. So what’s the plan? What moves do you see world governments taking to address the economic fallout? We will be moving to some form of universal basic income OR more even likely, working class average people will be left to figure it out on their own, while the elite live in the lap of AI automated AI luxury telling us all we need to bootstrap with no resources or information on how to do that.

Seriously folks, we have a million and one problems, but this is a big one, possibly the biggest when you calculate in the inevitable ending of Social Security and most other entitlement programs based swollen on the lack of working age people to carry the stress boomers will put on the system. Just toss automation and AI into the computation and even a fool can see this is bad, very bad. Being Gen X, we’re used to having to settle for less while our parents generation acted like resources are endless and American exceptionalism was a real tangible thing. I can honestly see this going so bad hat in a decade, the American lifestyle as we know it will no longer exist. The haves will hoard, the have nots will be left to sort the rest.

So, the divides that are keeping us from realizing what the hell is really going on around us is a HUGE issue. And even as much as I can’t stand anyone who supports or supported Trump MOST DAYS, I would rather be friendly and have open dialogue with all working class people as we head into the next decade.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/04/23 02:47 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
The sky is falling. The sky is falling. All libtards need to quickly hide under the nearest bridge!

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by EveDawg
The sky is falling. The sky is falling. All libtards need to quickly hide under the nearest bridge!

Oh, yes, chicken little, it’s falling. rolleyes Yes, any real topic gets this from your ilk. Nothing new here. Maybe you should look around. I know you are tuned into the internet, please don’t tell me you don’t get the math. Too many old people, not enough youth. China and Russias economies are both projected to collapse due to this very reason over the next decade. But hell, a head in the sand doesn’t have to stress the real crap, right! FFS, Trump rotted your brain.

P
Legend
Legend
P

I didn't know you considered Vers a libtard? After all he is the one who has made the division in our country sound like the sky is falling. Haven't you been paying attention?

Liberals shouldn't hide under any bridge. They should heavily arm themselves. I've been advocating that for years now.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
It’s time to move on Pit. We can’t end the stoopid or the divides, but we can stop contributing to their continued growth. Pathetically, I don’t think some will get it until it’s on their doorsteps. Just like the BLM reaction. They got it then.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/04/23 02:58 PM.

E
EveDawg Online OP
Legend
OP Online
Legend
E
The old people will die off and the system will rebalance. Thats the nature of things.

No Craps Given
O
Legend
Legend
O
The old people will die off and the system will rebalance. Thats the nature of things.
It’s obvious you haven’t seen the math. Unless you are good with a culling, you’re wrong. We’re all in big trouble. And back on topic, even GOD won’t be able save you from yourself then.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 05/04/23 03:01 PM.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Satanists vs Christians vs White Supremecists

Link Copied to Clipboard