Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
Legend
Eagles/Giants on Christmas

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
jets/Dolphins on Black Friday

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Scratch that .. Cincy at KC on NYE

M
Legend
Legend
M
Eagles/Giants on Christmas

M
Legend
Legend
M
jets/Dolphins on Black Friday

Legend
Legend
Thanks milk

1 member likes this: Milk Man
Legend
Legend
A two hour "event" to release the NFL schedule is THE ultimate version of "a meeting that should have been an email".

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

2 members like this: jaybird, FloridaFan
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Can we just have our football at 1PM on Sunday.

2 members like this: Tackman, AZBrown
Legend
Legend
Lol the announcements get more and more outlandish too … an announcement for the announcement to the announcement

1 member likes this: FATE
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by FrankZ

This.

10am out here. Gotta keep the afternoon nap.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by AZBrown

This.

I can be convinced on some 4PM. Make it easier to get ribs ready before the fun.

B
Legend
Legend
B

This.

I can be convinced on some 4PM. Make it easier to get ribs ready before the fun.

This.

Well Frank, you will probably get 4-5 games this year.

As has been said, I like a 1PM kick myself. I wake up early. I am ready to fire up the coals at 4AM if that is what is required . Maybe start the shoulder the night before. Ribs don't take that long.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

This.

This.

Well Frank, you will probably get 4-5 games this year.

As has been said, I like a 1PM kick myself. I wake up early. I am ready to fire up the coals at 4AM if that is what is required . Maybe start the shoulder the night before. Ribs don't take that long.

I'm not getting up at 4AM. Ugh. smile

Spares are a 5ish hour thing with getting the smoker up and stable to final rest before portioning. We like to eat before the game and be cleaned up and put away by kickoff. I target food for noon on a 1PM kickoff.

B
Legend
Legend
B
I understand. I do get up around 3-4 every morning.

I know the 5-6 hours for ribs. So, you have to get things going by 6am or so. Not a big difference.

Done a lot of smoking in my day. You have a general idea, but when people ask "when are we eating", the only real answer is "when it's done".

It's kind of a combination between art and science, and art doesn't have specific boundaries. You just have to let it happen. Every fire, outside air temp, and cut of meat are different, so dinner time is different.

I'll ring the dinner bell when it is done.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
If I had my way, we’d have more 4:25 starts than anything. I like watching all of the games at 1 and then being kinda on our own in the evening. Plus, something cool about watching the game in the fall as the day turns to night. Good vibes for me

1 member likes this: lampdogg
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Im hoping our bye is during the October 8th weekend. Will be in Arizona and getting up at 9:00 to watch a 10:00am kickoff, would really suck, at least for me.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PrplPplEater
A two hour "event" to release the NFL schedule is THE ultimate version of "a meeting that should have been an email".

Well it is being shown on "The NFL Network" and I can't think of anything else more important going on in the NFL than the schedule release at this point in time. I guess I would more question there actually being a need for a network created strictly for the NFL than anything else. But if you're going to have one, this is probably the most important thing going on the in the NFL that you could center your coverage around for today.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I think we should get to the point where they release the schedule in sections:

Weeks 1-4, 5-8, etc

T
Legend
Legend
T
I have 20I6 itus....... I:00 pm games???
no, because then, I only feel worse when they lose for more of the hours of the clock on sunday, and don't get new hope until Wednesday anyway. and they almost always lose so, when they play at 8pm, ... at least at seven pm, eight pm, maybe even 8:30, I don't feel bad, not even until eleven, and then it's time to sleep anyway.
I:00 pm games, they are overrated, sometimes.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
Hearing Browns on the road week 1.

Legend
Legend

Agree... I will just check in late Thursday or Friday morning... not watching a release show...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
B
Legend
Legend
B
If I had my way, we’d have more 4:25 starts than anything. I like watching all of the games at 1 and then being kinda on our own in the evening. Plus, something cool about watching the game in the fall as the day turns to night. Good vibes for me

If I go to the game, I like the later start for some of the same reasons. It also allows for a nice pre-game brunch almost anywhere in town. If I am at home, I hate the later start. I have to watch games at a local bar. We have a section for us, but you almost have to go way early to get the seats, then if the other games run long, they won't turn off a game in progress so many times my game doesn't come on at the opening kick. That is a big time jinx IMO.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by jaybird

Agree... I will just check in late Thursday or Friday morning... not watching a release show...

Agree as well. I am interested in finding out. Once the show starts, you can usually find the entire release online.

I like to plan and plot of my fall weekends. I can't do that until I have the schedule.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Opening Game of the season: Detroit at KC … big time game for Detroit

Christmas Night: Baltimore at SF

Legend
Legend
SF getting both a Thanksgiving game and a Christmas game is pretty crazy

Legend
Legend
@NerdingOnNFL
NFL SCHEDULE LEAK

Green Bay Packers Full Schedule

1 - at Bears (4:05)
2 - at Falcons
3 - vs Saints
4 - Lions TNF
5 - at Raiders MNF
6 - BYE
7 - at Broncos (4:25)
8 - vs Vikings
9 - vs Rams
10 - at Steelers
11 - vs Chargers
12 - at Lions (Thanksgiving)
13 - vs Chiefs (SNF)
14 - at Giants (MNF)
15 - vs Buccaneers
16 - at Panthers
17 - at Vikings (SNF)
18 - vs Bears

Legend
Legend
Packers getting FIVE primetime games AND Thanksgiving without Rodgers is crazy

Legend
Legend
Vikings at Eagles (Week 2 - TNF)

M
Legend
Legend
M

The Lions, huh?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Sounds like we are opening up on the road

Legend
Legend
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
·
45s
NFL SCHEDULE NEWS:

Browns Week 1. AFC North game. TBD

M
Legend
Legend
M
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
·
45s
NFL SCHEDULE NEWS:

Guessing Pittsburgh.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
That would make sense

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
then if the other games run long, they won't turn off a game in progress so many times my game doesn't come on at the opening kick. That is a big time jinx IMO.

I suppose one has to blame the results of the product they've been seeing since 1999 on something. I guess this is as good as anything. naughtydevil

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Ozzy

@OzzyNFL
·
45s
NFL SCHEDULE NEWS:

Guessing Pittsburgh.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
Guessing Pittsburgh.

That does make sense. But then I think one would have to ask, since the QB is the focus of the NFL, does a Watson vs Pickett match up sound that appealing given it could be a Watson vs Burrow or Jackson match up to open the season?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So,

Week 1 - Cincinnati (1:00 CBS)

I’m going to guess that week 2 will be at home as well. Against SF. They like to play weeks 1/2 in the east to avoid the hot weather in their stadium

P
Legend
Legend
P
Last year the 49'ers week 2 game was at home against the Seahawks.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Well yeah, the NFL probably can’t always accommodate that. But I know they typically try to do it that way

P
Legend
Legend
P
Actually I haven't found trying to avoid hot weather games has played any impact in the scheduling. In fact, when it comes to hot weather, San Fransisco is in northern California where the average daytime highs in September are 70 degrees with peak temperatures reaching into the mid 80's. There are much hotter NFL cities than San Fran. Looking at actual hot weather cities it seems it's very common for their home openers to be either the first or second week of the season. Just last season as an example.

The Dolphins first game of 2022 was at home. The Cardinals first game was at home. The Cowboys first game was at home. The Texans first game was at home. The Jaguars second game was at home. And so on it goes. It actually appears as though having multiple away games to start the season is somewhat rare and certainly isn't anything close to something the NFL schedules around being a warm weather team.

#gmstrong
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Thursday schedule release..

Link Copied to Clipboard