Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Evidence on the table. Multiple shell companies to move money through. Everyone down to grandchildren with money landing in their bank accounts. Of course, Joe knows nothing about any of this. I wonder if the DOJ or FBI cares about any of this?

Bidens Used Web of Shell Companies to Conceal Foreign Cash, Bank Records Obtained by House GOP Reveal

By BRITTANY BERNSTEIN
May 10, 2023 9:51 AM

The Biden family and its business associates created a complicated web of more than 20 companies, according to bank records obtained by the House Oversight Committee — a system GOP lawmakers say was meant to conceal money received from foreign nationals.

Sixteen of the companies were limited liability companies formed during Joe Biden’s tenure as vice president, the committee said in a press conference on Wednesday. The Biden family, their business associates, and their companies received more than $10 million from foreign nationals’ and their related companies, the records show. These payments occurred both while Biden was in office as vice president and after his time in office ended.

In what Representative Nancy Mace called an act of “financial gymnastics,” many payments were routed from foreign companies to the Biden family’s business associates’ companies which then doled out payments to the Bidens in incremental payments to different bank accounts in an alleged attempt to hide the source of the funds.

At least nine Biden family members received payments, according to committee chairman James Comer. That includes Hunter Biden; James Biden; James Biden’s wife, Sara Jones Biden; the late Beau Biden’s wife, Hallie Biden; Hunter Biden’s ex-wife, Kathleen Buhle; Hunter Biden’s wife, Melissa Cohen; and “three children of the president’s son and the president’s brother.”

Much of the money came from Chinese nationals and companies with ties to the Chinese Communist Party. Multiple Biden family members received money after it passed through an associate’s account. Comer said of the countries the Biden family was influence peddling in, China is “the most reputable.”

The committee revealed Wednesday that records suggest the Biden family and its associates’ business dealings in Romania “bear clear indication of a scheme to peddle influence” from 2015 to 2017.

At the time, then-Vice President Biden spoke out against Romanian corruption while the Biden family received more than a million dollars from a company controlled by a Romanian national, Gabriel Popoviciu. Popoviciu, who has been accused of corruption, sent the money through a Biden family associate, according to the committee. Sixteen of the seventeen payments involved in the deal occurred while Biden was still in office. The money “stops flowing from the Romanian national soon after Joe Biden leaves the vice presidency,” Comer said.

The Bidens also received “millions of dollars from China,” with Comer saying it is “inconceivable that the president did not know” about the payments.

Comer said the information revealed Wednesday is the result of subpoenas to four different banks and stressed that the committee is still early in its investigation and believes there are as many as 12 banks with records relevant to its investigation.

In March, the committee previously revealed that Hunter Biden, James Biden, Hallie Biden and an unknown fourth Biden received a total of $1.3 million in payments from accounts related to Biden family business associate Rob Walker in 2017, shortly after Walker received a $3 million wire from a Chinese energy company.

The subpoenaed bank records show that State Energy HK Limited, a firm affiliated with CEFC China Energy, wired $3 million to Robinson Walker, LLC on March 1, 2017 — less than two months after then-vice president Joe Biden left office. The following day, Robinson Walker, LLC wired $1,065,000 to European Energy and Infrastructure Group in Abu Dhabi, a company associated with James Gilliar, another business partner to Hunter Biden.

The Biden family members and their companies then began “receiving incremental payments over a period of approximately three months,” the committee’s memo from March states. “The recipients of the money included Hallie Biden, companies associated with Hunter Biden and James Biden, and an unknown bank account identified as ‘Biden.’”

The unknown “Biden” account received $70,000 from Robinson Walker, LLC between March and May of 2017, according to subpoenaed bank records obtained by the committee.

Robinson Walker LLC sent Hallie Biden $25,000 on March 20, 2017, according to the memo. One month earlier, she received a $10,000 transfer from Robinson Walker LLC shortly before it received the $3 million payment.

Meanwhile, an account belonging to Hunter Biden received $500,000 during that time frame, while an account belonging to James Biden received $360,000.

The memo also revealed that Walker’s account sent money to Biden family members in 2015 while Joe Biden was still in office.

“On November 5, 2015, Robinson Walker, LLC received a wire from a company (the Committee continues to investigate the identity of the account holder for this company) that had an overseas bank account in the amount of $179,836.86,” the memo adds. That amount appears to have been split between Walker, Gilliar and the Biden family. Hunter Biden’s account received $59,000 on November 2015.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news...nk-records-obtained-by-house-gop-reveal/

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
M
Legend
Legend
M
Investigate and prosecute if anything is against the law.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: PortlandDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888

Exactly. People of both parties should be held accountable.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
There is too much money in politics and we are getting the short stick every single time.

If credible, it needs to go to DOJ and FBI and all need to be held accountable.

3 members like this: EveDawg, Jester, FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
2 questions:

1, when they say Biden family members do they mean Hunter Biden or Hunter Biden and others?
2, has Joe been directly connected with this?

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
It's getting ridiculous. We never take any measures to fix this crap. Looks like Biden started cashing in for his "many years of service" soon before he hit the White House with Obama. Not that he's anything more than another name on a long list.

What in the world can we do to take cash out of the game when everybody on both sides make the rules in their favor??

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Jester
2 questions:

1, when they say Biden family members do they mean Hunter Biden or Hunter Biden and others?
2, has Joe been directly connected with this?

As I said... right down to grandchildren...

"At least nine Biden family members received payments, according to committee chairman James Comer. That includes Hunter Biden; James Biden; James Biden’s wife, Sara Jones Biden; the late Beau Biden’s wife, Hallie Biden; Hunter Biden’s ex-wife, Kathleen Buhle; Hunter Biden’s wife, Melissa Cohen; and “three children of the president’s son and the president’s brother.”"

I seriously doubt that Joe received any funds. That would be the ultimate in arrogance and stupidity.

Legend
Legend
What in the world can we do to take cash out of the game when everybody on both sides make the rules in their favor??

We could start by repealing the Citizens United ruling. Fat chance that will happen anytime soon.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: FATE, PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Thanks for the extra info

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FATE
I seriously doubt that Joe received any funds. That would be the ultimate in arrogance and stupidity.

Ha - you have more faith than I do of that. If there is a proven trail of abuse of office and the Biden family lining their own pocket through Joe Biden's political position, it wouldn't surprise me if Joe or his wife could be demonstrated to have directly benefitted too.

As I said - investigate and prosecute if provable.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
If it was Don Junior, Jared, Eric, or Ivanka.... whataboutism in the finest sense, but in this case it is true.

Here is the argument that applies to all.

"I am a private citizen and a business person. It is what I do to make money."

The Biden Family, is not Joe Biden. I doubt that Joe Biden is listed as an officer of any of the companies or received payments from those companies. The article does not mention Joe or Jill Biden. If Joe/Jill did receive money while in office that would be a problem for Joe/Jill Biden. And not when he was a private citizen 2013-2021.

Here is the list from the article.

"That includes Hunter Biden; James Biden; James Biden’s wife, Sara Jones Biden; the late Beau Biden’s wife, Hallie Biden; Hunter Biden’s ex-wife, Kathleen Buhle; Hunter Biden’s wife, Melissa Cohen; and “three children of the president’s son and the president’s brother.”

Bottom line none of those listed are Joe or Jill Biden.

On the surface it does not look good. But is it illegal, NO. Is it something that has gone on for as long as the country has existed, YES.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

A
Legend
Legend
A
So, you just excuse it. Hunter, the drug addict, getting millions upon millions of dollars.................selling his "art" for hundreds of thousands of dollars. but, yeah, just excuse it.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am not excusing it, just pointing out that this issue (influence pedaling by relatives of a high ranking government employees) is not new or unique to the Biden's.

You should also remember Billy Beer...

Now if they want a write law saying that immediate family members of a president cannot receive foreign money or emoluments (to use the constitutional term), we can then also have the discussion about

1) Why is the United States restricting the right of a private individual to earn money?
2) Does this apply to Ginny Thomas and Jane Roberts?

more whataboutism, I get it.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Exactly. People of both parties should be held accountable.

100% agree with this!

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
If all of this is true it will find its way back to Joe. Somebody is gonna flip on him to save their own ass.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It is unlikely that any illegal acts were committed. If so, a USC statute would have been provided.

B
Legend
Legend
B
The syndicate is falling apart.

Seems corrupt and organized..RICO??

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/10/us/politics/hunter-biden-house-republicans-report.html

Comer and other republicans are making a ton of accusations. But have yet to provide any proof.

But, as I've said a million times, I don't care what party is involved. If they find a politician guilty, they have to pay the piper.. So at some point, if Biden and his family are proven to have broken the law, They need to be held accountable.

So far, this appears to be another pizzagate...

Last edited by Damanshot; 05/11/23 07:40 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Comer and other republicans are making a ton of accusations. But have yet to provide any proof.

This is the way of political muck raking. People will believe what they wish to believe and will "wait and see" when they don't want to. And the wheel slowly rolls.

M
Legend
Legend
M

Oh, the irony.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: FATE, Ballpeen
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Oh, the irony.

The irony seems rather thick in both directions here.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend

[Linked Image from media4.giphy.com]

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
I have attached part of an article that was on Yahoo news today.
I have a couple questions and a comment-
First of all, this is pretty much all about Hunter and another family member and an associate of Hunter and the repubs are making a correlation that this in some way affect decisions that the Obama/Biden team made.
First, what office does Hunter hold-He can go and generate revenue for himself. If its illegal or if he doesn't pay taxes on revenue, then bring charges.
It would however be a problem if these companies-this money made it back to Joe Biden and affected policy decisions. that would be a problem. I heard yesterday that Comer was asked about Joe Biden policy being influenced and he didn't have an answer or didn't know of any.

And if you are going to go after Biden, Comer might as well make a little time to go after Jared and trump.

From the article:
Hunter Biden and his associates courted business in countries that correlated directly with Joe Biden's work as vice president. This is also not normal. It is not ethical," Comer said in a press conference.

The Republicans showed no evidence that Joe Biden directly benefitted from or even knew of the business deals and money transfers.

But they said he must have been aware of all of the companies set up by Hunter and his associates to conduct the business.

"Nobody in this room can logically sit here and say that the president of the United States had no idea that these companies were being formed while he was vice president of the United States," said Republican Representative Byron Reynolds.

Biden has repeatedly denied impropriety with regard to his son's deals, and defended Hunter's business practices.

"My son has done nothing wrong. I trust him. I have faith in him," he said last week.

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-allege-biden-family-earned-220947453.html

FATE Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
[Linked Image from clarkcountytoday.com]

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by northlima dawg
And if you are going to go after Biden, Comer might as well make a little time to go after Jared and trump.

Prosecute them for anything that broke laws and even go after them if they broke 'regulations' ... even if what they did was simply to break protocols or norms be transparent and highlight what they did, with him and when and for how much. I'm in favor of the Supreme Court Justices being held to that standard too. You mention Jared - we know the Saudi Prince did two things: [1] He said Kushner was in his pocket [2] He gave him $2 Billion to manage - with Jared have zero credibility or experience for doing such. I mean people rail against a lousy couple hundred grand for Hunter's paintings!!! What about $2 B ?? . . . Not to make this a whatabout, but treat them ALL the same. If you can prove something go after them.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Not ethical, but not illegal.

Just ask Jared, Don Jr, Eric, Ivanka, Ginny and Jane....

Whitewater, not Watergate.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Whitewater, not Watergate.

Does that mean the bodies will soon start turning up?

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
It's getting ridiculous. We never take any measures to fix this crap. Looks like Biden started cashing in for his "many years of service" soon before he hit the White House with Obama. Not that he's anything more than another name on a long list.

That is pretty simple to construct, but hard to police.

Double or triple the pay of elected officials, put a caviat in that if they take one cent beyond that, they Can never hold office again not even dog catcher or they go to jail or both
.. NO Questions asked.. Gone,, Lock up....

Trading higher pay for a non-compete is pretty common. In this case, it's trading higher pay for fidelity to America. Companies do that all the time. You can't force them to accept it but you can make it high enough to make them look crooked by turning it down.

Get rid of Citizens United... Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Of you could make everyone that decided to run for office sign a pledge to, if elected, make it illegal to take money other than their pay. DO NOT GET CLARANCE THOMAS TO WRITE IT.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
A
Legend
Legend
A
I'm surprised you don't want them shot.

B
Legend
Legend
B

Double or triple the pay of elected officials, put a caviat in that if they take one cent beyond that, they Can never hold office again not even dog catcher or they go to jail or both

Trading higher pay for a non-compete is pretty common. In this case, it's trading higher pay for fidelity to America. Companies do that all the time. You can't force them to accept it but you can make it high enough to make them look crooked by turning it down.

Of you could make everyone that decided to run for office sign a pledge to, if elected, make it illegal to take money other than their pay. DO NOT GET CLARANCE THOMAS TO WRITE IT.

You must be a racist to be talking about Clarence Thomas in a negative manner..

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
I'm surprised you don't want them shot.

If they don't attack the Capital and don't injure or kill people or put them in Harms Way, then I think putting them in Jail will do just fine.

But then again, you don't understand that or you wouldn't have said anything quite as dumb as that.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

You must be a racist to be talking about Clarence Thomas in a negative manner..

No, I'm just saying he is not trustworthy.. but given your past statements, I guess I understand you defending him

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I guess the questions should be...

Did Joe Biden ever meet with any of these people or companies?

What work did each Biden family member do to earn the money?

What are the connections between the shell companies and the firms depositing the money?

Why didn't the IRS research these deposits?

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Add in unfettered support for Ukraine. The same Ukraine that funneled hundreds of thousands to the Biden crime family.

Biden blackmailed Ukraine in to firing of the prosecutor who was dogging Hunter. He was going to hold up millions in support...now it looks like Ukraine is returning the favor. Send them what they want, or they will spill the beans.

Funny how that works.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Add in unfettered support for Ukraine. The same Ukraine that funneled hundreds of thousands to the Biden crime family.

It appears Donald Trump is now posting on here.

You do realize that the vast majority of congress from both parties also support Ukraine, right?

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B

You do realize that the vast majority of congress from both parties also support Ukraine, right?

I do too, but not to the "whatever it takes" extent the President has gushed.

Ukraine hasn't exactly been a beacon of democracy and freedom.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

You do realize you sidestepped and spun don't you?

P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by FrankZ

You do realize you sidestepped and spun don't you?

Maybe it's because he focused it on Biden when this isn't a Biden issue. That's not spin. Factually the vast majority of the members from both the house and senate of both parties fully support Ukraine. That directly addresses the implication that the support of Ukraine isn't an issue that is or should be focused on Biden.

I addressed his spin directly.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
My spin?

Sorry, it's well known H. Biden worked for/with a Ukraine oil company and received large sums of money for questionable work provided, if any.

Business is business. A business doesn't pay out money without expecting something in return.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Then how do you explain the vast majority of all the members of the house and the senate that also support Ukraine? Hunter didn't work for the government of Ukraine. If you actually believe that BS I feel sorry for you.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Bidens Used Web of Shell Companies to Conceal Foreign Cash

Link Copied to Clipboard