Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
Originally Posted by jaybird
I'll give Njoku some leeway right now... he had a pretty good year last year... over 600 yards and 4 TDs... not bad... maybe not first round, but he was top 10 in yards, top 11 in TDs... still think he has more in him, so hoping he can get over 800 yards and 7+ TDs this year...

He has also become a solid blocker.

Solid compared to what?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I'll give Njoku some leeway right now... he had a pretty good year last year... over 600 yards and 4 TDs... not bad... maybe not first round, but he was top 10 in yards, top 11 in TDs... still think he has more in him, so hoping he can get over 800 yards and 7+ TDs this year...

I feel this way too. He’s become much more well rounded and consistent

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
Legend
Legend
B
He is still just a Ok player. He is good enough.

Let's don't go back to overrating the guy.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
A
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Solid compared to what?

I think compared to the blocking in his first couple of years.

The expectations were so high for him right away as an all around receiving threat, and when it was disappointing, the focus turned to a different utility.

He'll never be among the best in the league as a complete receiving/blocking TE, but he's our best option. And he's only gotten better for us each year. Berry seems to believe that as well.

We'll see how he and Watson mesh (especially with the opposing defenses focusing on our improved WR room).

Imo

P
Legend
Legend
P
With the Browns being so weak in the WR department previously it certainly gave opposing defenses more opportunities to focus on Njoku. I'm not sure how it will all play out, but from a return on investment standpoint his production will need to be much better.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
I agree he is our best option. That doesn't mean he better than an average N"Joe"ku.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Ranking the 15 best tight ends from the 2022 NFL regular season | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2022-tight-end-rankings

7. DAVID NJOKU, CLEVELAND BROWNS
Overall Grade: 73.7
Snap Count: 816
2022 was a career year for Njoku, who set new highs with a 73.7 overall grade and a 78.7 receiving grade. He saw the second-highest snap total of his career and continued to be a solid blocker when asked to occasionally pass protect. Njoku ranked ninth among tight ends with an average of 1.53 yards per route run, with his 14 explosive plays tying for the ninth most and his 36 catches resulting in either a first down or a touchdown the eighth most.

Njoku isn’t asked to pass block much (44 snaps in 2022, 25th most among tight ends), but he also finished the season with a 76.3 pass-blocking grade, his third consecutive year of surpassing 70.0 after earning sub-60.0 marks in each of his first three seasons. Thirty-six tight ends have tallied at least 100 pass-blocking snaps over the past three seasons, and Njoku ranks first among them with a 77.9 pass-blocking grade. Over that stretch, he’s pass-blocked 136 times and has allowed a sack or quarterback knockdown just once.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Legend
Legend
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/best-tight-ends-nfl-rankings/

9) David Njoku, Cleveland Browns
Drafting a tight end high is a bit like investing in bonds. They take time to fully vest, and even if you need the money now, the investment hasn’t broken even yet. You may perish by the time they’re profitable.

David Njoku was taken with the 29th pick of the draft in 2017, and 2022 was only his second season with over 500 receiving yards as a move tight end. He was very young coming out of Miami, and like Tremaine Edmunds, we should’ve all seen the slow development curve coming.

Njoku has improved as a blocker in the run game. It’s a necessity with a strong offensive line and a stable of backs that get the ball so often. Among the biggest difference-makers at the position, he’s rounded into one of the better blockers, albeit hitting a not-so-high bar.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
So he is OK.

I agree. Not great, not bad, just a middle of the road TE.

I am glad he got there.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It took long enough but if he' becomes more productive that's what we want.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
To think they drafted Joke over TJ - brilliant, just brilliant...

E
Legend
Legend
E
Njoku is not a great athlete what he is a physical specimen there is a difference. Kelce is a great Athlete. Njoku a great physical specimen that is why he looks robotic in his YAC attempts
jmho

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: AZBrown
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think our most underrated player is Tony Fields. Didn't get a lot of playing time until late in the year when injuries hit but he actually played pretty well when he got the opportunity.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Jester
I think our most underrated player is Tony Fields. Didn't get a lot of playing time until late in the year when injuries hit but he actually played pretty well when he got the opportunity.
I like Tony Fields, and he's underrated sure, and, for as long as Sione Taki Taki takes to heal up,
if Tony Fields is underrated, which he is,
then Jordan Kunaczyk :spelling: is also underrated.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Humans all different- MOST want a life other than work- football players no different.

Under rated- Miles Garrett and Cade York...Miles cuz he is only Browns player others FEAR. York, cuz as ROOKIE he won a game and played his rookie butt off- kicked better in snow than hall of fame kicker Tucker.

Over rated- Watson, what have you done lately- he need to prove it and I don't care how long a lay off he had.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Most overrated in my opinion?
Jadeveon Clowney

Yes, I know that he isn't with us anymore but he has been so overrated these past 2 years that he is still the most overrated player on the team

But limiting to our current roster, I would probably go with Anthony Walker
Frequently injured
Few splash plays
His calling the D is vastly overrated, D seemed better organized when JJ# was making the calls

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Most Underrated and Overrated Browns Players

Link Copied to Clipboard