Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Meet Your SI Swimsuit Cover Model: Kim Petras

The history-making, Grammy Award–winning artist graces one of four 2023 SI Swimsuit Issue covers.

Kim Petras has been breaking barriers since releasing her first single, “I Don’t Want It at All,” in 2017. Earlier this year, the German-born pop star made history as the first transgender woman to win a Grammy Award for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, for her track “Unholy” with Sam Smith. Petras calls the “insane life moment” both “so unexpected” and “completely incredible.” The 30-year-old is now adding another magnificent life moment to her growing list of accomplishments with her 2023 SI Swimsuit Issue cover.

“I was so excited when I got the call to be in Sports Illustrated,” Petras says. “It’s very iconic, and a lot of very iconic people have done it before, so [it was a] big dream come true for me.”

The pop star’s cover feature was photographed by SI Swimsuit staple Yu Tsai in Los Angeles earlier this spring. Petras posed poolside in an incredible bright-pink Barbiecore-inspired swimsuit, a vibrant blue one-piece and an elegant black long-sleeved number with gold beads and a chest cut-out. She admits she was initially nervous on set, but the “Heart to Break” singer was thrilled with the images that resulted from her photo shoot.

While Petras says she occasionally feels pressure to represent the transgender community, she’s proud that fellow trans people are inspired by her and the work she does.

“I think what you do is the most important thing, not what your gender is,” Petras says. “No matter what your gender or sexuality or any of that stuff is, it’s about what you make of life and it’s about what’s inside of you and all of that, so I hope that can be inspiring to people.”

“The Grammy-winning pop star, a beacon of inspiration for the LGBTQ+ community, has blazed her own path to superstardom, but it has been anything but a straight line,” says editor in chief MJ Day says.

This year, Petras joins three other women—actress Megan Fox, legendary lifestyle guru Martha Stewart and five-time SI Swimsuit model Brooks Nader—who were each honored with their own 2023 SI Swimsuit Issue covers.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/05/15/kim-petras-si-swimsuit-cover-model

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Legend
Legend
F
Not sure I see that Miller Lite commercial as woke. But it was funny as sh.

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I don't find a lot of things to be woke that are claimed to be. We certainly agree on this example. But as you can see by The Daily Wire Twitter post, some people crave to label most anything they think they can that way.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Woke is a republican boogie man at this point. They never got the concept of being decent human beings either.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Believe it or not there is actually some life to the fact they're trying to make this yet another "woke" issue. Just when you think it couldn't get any worse.... Who am I trying to fool. I've been around long enough to know it can always get worse...

Miller Lite Boycott Calls Grow Over Beer Commercial: 'Did Nobody Learn'

Social-media users are now calling for a boycott of Miller Lite over what they describe as a "woke" advert. It follows a backlash against Bud Light over a partnership with a transgender influencer.

The commercial at the center of the outrage discusses the historical role that women played in beer brewing. It appears as an apology from Miller for some of its prior advertising campaigns, which the company itself described as "outdated" and "sexist."

Miller is just the latest company to be targeted for apparent "woke" marketing. Experts have said such campaigns provide an opportunity for brands to appeal to consumers in new markets. However, critics have accused companies of alienating their traditional customer base.

"Women were among the very first to brew beer, ever," Ilana Glazer, a comedian who has starred in films The Night Before and Rough Night, says in the advert, while walking through a brewery. "From Mesopotamia to the Middle Ages to colonial America, women were the ones doing the brewing."

She adds: "Centuries later, how did the industry pay homage to the founding mothers of beer? They put us in bikinis."

Glazer then walks through a room covered in previous Miller Lite advertising materials featuring scantily clad women in sexual poses with their faces blurred. She drops a picture in a garbage can. "It's time beer made it up to women," Glazer says.

The comedian then goes on to explain that the company would be buying back its old marketing material. Miller will turn it into compost to make fertilizer so female farmers can produce over 1,000 pounds of hops. This would then be given to 200 female brewers to make 330,000 beers.

It is unclear why influential conservatives on social media are picking up on the advert now, when it was first released nearly a month before the controversy over Bud Light's partnership with Mulvaney began. Miller Lite's advertising campaign was announced on March 7, while Dylan Mulvaney first posted about receiving a commemorative can from Bud Light on April 1, and was timed for Women's History Month.

"Miller Lite saw the Bud Light disaster and decided they needed their own woke beer ad," wrote Clay Travis, a radio host, on Monday, in a tweet that, as of 3 a.m. ET on Tuesday, had been viewed 3.2 million times. "These companies are broken & have no idea who actually consumes their products."

"Did NOBODY learn from Bud Light's COSTLY mistake?" Graham Allen, host of the Dear America podcast, tweeted the same day. The post has since been viewed 4.4 million times. "Miller Lite just dropped this WOKE advertisement!!!"

"Miller Lite apparently wants the Bud Light boycott treatment too. Well they can have it," Rogan O'Handley, a self-described political influencer, wrote. "Newsflash: After a hard day's work, working class beer drinkers don't want to be lectured like they're in a Gender Studies class."

Meanwhile, Richard Hanania, president of the Center for the Study of Partisanship and Ideology, tweeted: "Miller Lite feminist ad blurs the faces of women in bikinis, destroys their ads, makes it into fertilizer, for being offensive. This kind of ugly (literally and figuratively, for ugly women) feminism much more harmful than anything Dylan Mulvaney did. Hopefully leads to boycott."

However, some users disagreed with the notion of the ad being "woke." Mike Kogan tweeted that it was "not woke nor offensive" but "based on history and is actually funny."

Trina Wood wrote: "Women are half the population, why wouldn't any company want to 'intice' more of us to try their product?"

Newsweek approached Molson Coors, Miller Lite's parent company, via email for comment on Tuesday.

In a press release, Miller Lite sad that "many in the beer industry (Miller Lite included) alienated the very people who helped create it" by "dividing women as consumers, objectifying them in their ads."

Elizabeth Hitch, senior director of marketing for the beer brand, said at the time: "We wanted to acknowledge the missteps in representation of women in beer advertising by cleaning up not just our s***, but the whole industry's s***."

Bud Light has faced an ongoing backlash since its promotional work with Mulvaney, who rose to prominence by documenting her first year of transition to more than 10 million TikTok followers. After calls for a boycott were raised, conservatives have refused to drink the beer, while other licensed venues have withdrawn the beer from sale.

The beer brand has since seen a rapid decline in sales in the U.S.—with much of that custom being picked up by competitors, including Miller Lite—and placed two of its top marketing executives on leave.

At the start of May, Anheuser-Busch's global CEO, Michel Doukeris, said it was placing "significant" investment behind Bud Light after a decline in sales representing around 1 percent of the brewery's global volumes.

https://www.newsweek.com/miller-lit..._DKwE20yf1D_Ha4Lujya94lO01Wyrh3FvjKiRv_M

#cancelculture

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Adidas is accused of trying 'to erase' women by using biological male model with hairy chest and bulging crotch for its WOMEN'S swimwear line during Pride Month - one month after Nike paid Dylan Mulvaney to model sports bra

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ological-male-model-WOMENS-swimwear.html

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
There you go! Another company to ad to your list!

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c:

I meant to post this months ago but this was a good segment in a debate at the Oxford Union seeing we're taking about being "woke" and all.

Last edited by MemphisBrownie; 05/18/23 08:40 PM.

Tackles are tackles.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
New enemies are being created all the time. I mean if we don't have enemies to fight, it would lessen the conflict.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wake up kid…..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Target is slammed for selling women's bathing suits with a section to 'tuck' private parts in its new Pride collection - that includes clothes for babies and children with trans-friendly slogans

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-private-parts-new-Pride-collection.html

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Do they send search parties around the country in search of things to get offended about?

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
culture wars 101...

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

Legend
Legend
Who has time for stuff like this?

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Ford's 'Very Gay Raptor' Set to Redefine 'Tough' at Goodwood

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...r-set-to-redefine-tough-at-goodwood.html

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Who has time for stuff like this?

People who do nothing but search for a new enemy to lash out at. They just have to find people who think, act differently or believe differently than they do and punish them, discriminate against them and attack them. Cause you know, Murica!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
AR-15’s ‘very gay version’ set to redefine ‘stand your ground’ at NRA convention.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 05/19/23 05:49 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
1 member likes this: Jester
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Adidas is accused of trying 'to erase' women by using biological male model with hairy chest and bulging crotch for its WOMEN'S swimwear line during Pride Month - one month after Nike paid Dylan Mulvaney to model sports bra

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ological-male-model-WOMENS-swimwear.html

This is the part that I don't get. I mean I don't really care but women are the ones who are losing out in this whole deal, men aren't losing anything, at least not yet. Woman of the year was a "man", women athletes are being beaten and replaced by "men", women models are being replaced by "men", pageant participants are being replaced by "men"... I feel like embracing all of this is just about the most anti-feminist thing a person can do... Women fought for decades to earn respect and recognition in a lot of aspects of life and are now being replaced by "men" who think they are women... I just don't get it.

And yes, to OCD and Pit.. the whole concept of "woke" is way overplayed and used in many ways where it does not belong and it has become the rally cry of the right for anything they disagree with, like respecting people who are different than you.

yebat' Putin
Legend
Legend
Saying that men are replacing women is much like saying people of color are replacing whites in US society. I don’t agree with those blanket statements and know the issue is so much deeper. Diversity is the key to American culture. When we repeal diversity we lower our collective consciousness, expectations, and values.

These companies believe there is an added value to their sales and marketing efforts with these products. This is free America and whether we like or not, what a private company is pandering, don’t like it don’t buy it. Really pretty simple. it’s still our choice. If it’s a dangerous product It’s up to our lawmakers that we vote in to decide their fate. I just move along and say “whatever floats your boat” none of my biz anyways.

– Jackie Robinson
B
Legend
Legend
B
don’t like it don’t buy it. Really pretty simple.

I agree.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
E
Legend
Legend
E
This is all a publicity stunt. There is no such thing as bad publicity. What better way to get national publicity than make items for she-males when there is a national hot button about wokeism.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I guess if you think immediately alienating about half of the consumer base in America as a positive marketing move one might see that as a good thing.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
If the other half is greater in numbers than you had before its worth it.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So you're going to expand your customer base by pi$$ing off half of America? You may wish to ask Bud Light how that has worked out. I mean it's not as if we haven't seen exactly how this has played out already.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Ok, keep pretending you know what youre talking aboutl

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So you're saying that Bud Light sales didn't suffer for the very same type of thing? Blaming me for your lack of ability to see the very evidence of what happens when companies do this less than even a month ago isn't a me issue. All one had to do is pay attention. Those that don't shouldn't be pointing the finger at those who do.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
You know nothing. This drama is temporary. After some time their customers will come back and so will their new customers. Go learn about business and marketing.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg
You know nothing. This drama is temporary. After some time their customers will come back and so will their new customers. Go learn about business and marketing.

rofl

Murica!

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by EveDawg

rofl

Murica!

Yes, I know I'm right. Enjoy being wrong. I have other things to do.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That seems to be a common thing with you. But what you are doing is looking through a microscope at something that requires a telescope. You seem to boil it all down to marketing when in fact that's a very small piece of the puzzle. While it really doesn't matter how you feel about LGBTQ rights, this has become a volitile political issue in our nation.

More than 417 anti-LGBTQ bills have been introduced in state legislatures across the United States since the start of the year. This thing has much bigger implications than boiling it down to nothing more than a marketing issue. Lines have been drawn and it's a huge part of the political battlefield this nation has engaged in.

That isn't going to go away soon. That isn't about marketing. I know you don't see that but that's not my fault.

Good luck thinking you're right about this. You'll need it.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
More than 417 anti-LGBTQ bills have been introduced in state legislatures across the United States since the start of the year.

Which states? How did you decide if a bill is "anti-LGBTQ"? What was you methodology in this?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

2023 legislative session
The ACLU is tracking 490 anti-LGBTQ bills in the U.S.

Choose a state on the map to show the different bills targeting LGBTQ rights and take action. While not all of these bills will become law, they all cause harm for LGBTQ people.

https://www.aclu.org/legislative-attacks-on-lgbtq-rights

Record number of anti-LGBTQ bills have been introduced this year

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/06/politics/anti-lgbtq-plus-state-bill-rights-dg/index.html

Or are you trying to insinuate that this isn't a political movement at this stage and pace?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
More than 417 anti-LGBTQ bills have been introduced in state legislatures across the United States since the start of the year.

Which states? How did you decide if a bill is "anti-LGBTQ"? What was you methodology in this?

How do you decide? By any means necessary. 🤣 Here's the real litmus test... Is there republican leadership?

Many of these fall into "other" by their own definition: "These bills don’t quite fit in any of the other categories, but nonetheless target the rights of LGBTQ people." so, who knows... maybe they contain the words boy, girl, man, woman?

Get with the program Frank, these people are UNDER ATTACK!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

2023 legislative session
The ACLU is tracking 490 anti-LGBTQ bills in the U.S.

Choose a state on the map to show the different bills targeting LGBTQ rights and take action. While not all of these bills will become law, they all cause harm for LGBTQ people.

https://www.aclu.org/legislative-attacks-on-lgbtq-rights

Record number of anti-LGBTQ bills have been introduced this year

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/06/politics/anti-lgbtq-plus-state-bill-rights-dg/index.html

Or are you trying to insinuate that this isn't a political movement at this stage and pace?

Did I make the assertion or just ask a question?

There is definitely a political movement allright, though it might not be exactly what you are implying.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Not surprisingly the answer was pretty much what I expected. Deflect and paste.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P

So that's all you've got? Astounding. You act as though your a legal expert but can't seem to understand that a question mark is asking a question and not making an accusation.

Who comes here to fight again?

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

So that's all you've got? Astounding. You act as though your a legal expert but can't seem to understand that a question mark is asking a question and not making an accusation.

Who comes here to fight again?

I asked you how you arrive your assertion and you take it as a personal affront and deflect on the answer.

And it continues....

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And rather than posting an opposing view you played question and answer. Yep, deflect and paste was your response. That isn't asking how someone arrived at their conclusion.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And rather than posting an opposing view you played question and answer. Yep, deflect and paste was your response. That isn't asking how someone arrived at their conclusion.

So I didn't post the post you think I should and instead asked you for how you arrived at a very specific number and that is a problem? You really do not understand debate and logic.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Debate requires counterpoints. Something you didn't offer. And yet more of the same nothingness about the topic. White noise continues.

#gmstrong
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus More Companies going woke! Time for more boycotts!

Link Copied to Clipboard