Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
bonefish #2017173 06/01/23 07:58 AM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by bonefish
I thought it was all about what have you done lately?

Exactly!

Tomlin has 3 straight years without a losing season and 2 playoff appearances.

Stefanski has 2 consecutive years with a losing record and a single playoff appearance.

Are you saying that Tomlin's level of expectation is or should be higher than Stefanski's?

What about Taylor and Harbaugh? Is the expectation for their teams higher than a Stefanski led team?

When does the training wheels come off for Stefanski if the above is true?

Does Stefanski get a 4, 8, or 10 game pass this year waiting for Watson getting up to speed?

Does he get an equal pass while we wait to see if the Schwartz defense gels due to it being new?

Do you think BAL's new offensive coordinator will get the same leeway in BAL?

The excuse train for Stefanski and the Browns has left the station - as it should be.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
steve0255 #2017175 06/01/23 08:04 AM
B
Legend
Legend
B
The gray area between excuses and reasons can be pretty thin at times.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: FATE
steve0255 #2017179 06/01/23 09:08 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Playoff wins. Last win 2017. That is even a low standard.

"Stefanski has 2 consecutive years with a losing record and a single playoff appearance.

Are you saying that Tomlin's level of expectation is or should be higher than Stefanski's?

What about Taylor and Harbaugh? Is the expectation for their teams higher than a Stefanski led team?

When does the training wheels come off for Stefanski if the above is true?

Does Stefanski get a 4, 8, or 10 game pass this year waiting for Watson getting up to speed?

Does he get an equal pass while we wait to see if the Schwartz defense gels due to it being new?

Do you think BAL's new offensive coordinator will get the same leeway in BAL?"
======================================================================

If these questions reflect you opinion there is little I can say. Every team should expect to win. If the goal is not to win the Super Bowl. Then you are in the wrong business.

Fun fact. Organizations win and lose. It is not just head coaches.

KS has completed his first three years as a head coach. He has done way more than his predecessors.

Everyone knows that in order to remain a head coach. You have to win.

It is also clear that this season is super important for not just KS but the entire organization. Go back to when KS was hired. Evaluate where the team was. Then go over the changes from year to year. Does building a team mean much? Do bad rosters with losing records and new head coach become Cinderella overnight? Did the changes over the last three years need to happen?

I don't know what your thing is against KS? Damn near every post is based upon some campaign to tell others he is a bad coach.

At the end of this year we shall see. He is the coach now and I look forward to this season. I want to win now. I believe KS is the coach to do that.

You can believe anything you wish to believe.

bonefish #2017186 06/01/23 11:08 AM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Excuses, excuses. The season has not been played "But" if he fails no excuses for him.

How about DW?

They have themselves hogtied when it comes to watson. He's the 230 million dollar man no matter how he plays. Stefanski is a rental. watson is the bride.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2017189 06/01/23 11:17 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I just read how the Browns are predicted to end up in last place. Then how the Steelers will be a surprise team.

For myself I would be more surprised if we did not finish ahead of the Steelers.

I am not one for predictions but hell I got one. The Browns will finish with a better record than the Jets.

I saw the Jets schedule. Brutal. The number 40 when applied to age is an unkind number. Rodgers is about to find that out.

bonefish #2017204 06/01/23 12:15 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I just read how the Browns are predicted to end up in last place. Then how the Steelers will be a surprise team.

For myself I would be more surprised if we did not finish ahead of the Steelers.

I am not one for predictions but hell I got one. The Browns will finish with a better record than the Jets.

I saw the Jets schedule. Brutal. The number 40 when applied to age is an unkind number. Rodgers is about to find that out.

To be clear, I hope the Browns go 17-0 this season. My dislike for what I believe is a highly and grossly overrated Stefanski has nothing to do with my support of the team otherwise.

I agree that it's a little too early for predictions, but I don't think it's a coincidence that numerous early predictors have the Browns predicted for 3rd or 4th place. The Browns haven't garnered much respect for decades and when they do get a little pat on the back like entering the 2021 season, they crumble like a cookie just as they have the last 3 decades. JMHO, that's the reason there's so many posters on this forum that don't get overly excited about the Browns. We've seen the same dog and pony show for decades without positive results. Excuse me for taking a wait and see instead of just getting another disappointment and hopping on the Rah Rah train.

As for the Jets, all I say about them is if you read their board or nearly any article about that team, the consensus is and has been that an elite top 5 QB has been their missing piece for years. In fact, if you replaced Jets with Browns and you'd be reading identical articles. I have no idea how well the Jets will do just like the Browns, but I am pretty dang sure that Saleh's days as the Jets HC are just as stable as Stefanski - win your employed and lose and you're out - no excuses!

steve0255 #2017211 06/01/23 12:38 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Here is where you and I differ. There is no right or wrong. It is a different attitude.

"they crumble like a cookie just as they have the last 3 decades. JMHO, that's the reason there's so many posters on this forum that don't get overly excited about the Browns. We've seen the same dog and pony show for decades without positive results."

I approach each season as a new season. The past is history. Tomorrow a mystery.

Personally I despise whining about the Past. I spit on the attitude of "factory of sadness" BS. I effing hate it.

If you are dragging that anchor. I have no mercy. You are welcome to wallow in it.

We open with the Bengals. I want to win that game.
=========================================================================

This time of year is about everyone's predictions. I made my prediction about the Jets.

Like I said I saw their schedule. Age catches everyone. Rodgers will find out. Hell they may win the Super Bowl. I could be dead wrong. Just like everyone could be dead wrong about the Browns.

Consensus? I could care less.

1 member likes this: guard dawg
bonefish #2017216 06/01/23 12:46 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
We had beaten the Bengals for five games in a row until that last game in the season last year. We open against a team that seems to be someone we can and have beaten with pretty regular consistency. To open up losing to them would not be a good sign moving forward. Oh I forgot, how we played against them and won against them in the past means nothing because it will be a new season so history be damned.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2017236 06/01/23 02:29 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Since you forgot.

I will attempt to remind you. Since you enjoy trying to win arguments.

Every year teams churn close a third of their roster.

Some guys get better from one season to the next. Some play worse. And some get traded.

Coaches and staffs come and go.

So every season is a new season. And yes history be damned.

I am sure "the fumble" and "the drive" will not impact this season. Unless of course you place so much emphasis on the past.

bonefish #2017238 06/01/23 02:40 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, citing the 80's is so relevant. What argument is there to win? You act like anything that happened even one, two or three years ago has nothing to do with anything that happens now. You think a coaches record from season to season has nothing to do with anything because it's a different season. Yet aren't you someone just like myself who would love to see the Browns win a SB before they die? Why is that? Maybe because they haven't won a championship since 1964? But I mean that doesn't have anything to do with it because that's in the past, right?

We simply see this differently. I have reasons to think my way and you have reasons to think your way.

#gmstrong
bonefish #2017240 06/01/23 03:03 PM
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Here is where you and I differ. There is no right or wrong. It is a different attitude.

"they crumble like a cookie just as they have the last 3 decades. JMHO, that's the reason there's so many posters on this forum that don't get overly excited about the Browns. We've seen the same dog and pony show for decades without positive results."

I approach each season as a new season. The past is history. Tomorrow a mystery.

Personally I despise whining about the Past. I spit on the attitude of "factory of sadness" BS. I effing hate it.

If you are dragging that anchor. I have no mercy. You are welcome to wallow in it.

We open with the Bengals. I want to win that game.
=========================================================================

This time of year is about everyone's predictions. I made my prediction about the Jets.

Like I said I saw their schedule. Age catches everyone. Rodgers will find out. Hell they may win the Super Bowl. I could be dead wrong. Just like everyone could be dead wrong about the Browns.

Consensus? I could care less.

No anchor here - just a realist. It goes back to the theme of the original post: "It is what it is until it isn't."

PitDAWG #2017242 06/01/23 03:14 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
You are talking trash.

The 80's are as relevant as last year.

We won the first Bengal game last season. We killed them. Did it help the next time we played them?

What does 64 have to do with today? Yes, it was the last time we won a title.

No season begins when I don't hope we win it all. Frankly I don't know what you are trying to say.

Like I said to steve. Believe as you wish.

bonefish #2017243 06/01/23 03:20 PM
P
Legend
Legend
P
Did we have the same coach, owner, FO or even in the same division in the 80's? No. It didn't help because we had a different.... well let's just say player in the pocket behind the C. The five previous games we won. Sometimes you need to look into the recent past to figure out what changes impacted the present. Or not.

#gmstrong
PitDAWG #2017250 06/01/23 04:44 PM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
This is going nowhere.

The nature of competitive sports is "play the game." No win or loss decides the next game.

Every coach will begin a new year telling their team "forget last season." If they won the Super Bowl or lost every game.

During the season sure you look at previous games played if you have played that team.

The Ravens have a new offensive coordinator. They have signed a bunch of receivers. Their offense is going to change.

Last seasons games are not going to help. How they played their last game of this season will help them plan.

But it will not decide the outcome. Our defense under Schwartz will differ from Woods. But we also have a bunch of new players.

There are tons of factors that decide outcomes. Oakland A's lost ten in row going into the Braves series. In fact they had won only 10 games for the season and they were in last place.

The Braves are considered one of the best teams in MLB. They are in first place with 32 wins going into Oakland. The Braves lost the first two games.

That is why you play the games.

bonefish #2017403 06/03/23 10:47 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Judging The Cleveland Browns against the other fifteen afc teams and the other 3 afc north teams would re@uire an e@ual to e@ual comparison of the roads they must take to playoff appearances

NO OTHER TEAM IN THE NFL HAS the Browns road to the playoffs each year.

No other team in the NFL finds itself in a position wherein
they have divisional opponents being the Baltimore ravens, Cincinnati bengals, and Pittsburgh steelers, year in, and year out.

Take for instance the Browns and bengals, the bengals never find the bengals on their schedule,
the Browns, never find the Browns on their schedule,
since, they can never play against their own team, the 32 individual teams never face the exact same road
also b/c of the makeup of the divisions no team has the exact same wild card road as others.

The Browns, really any NFL team only has 4 places in the musical chairs roundtable of playoff berth opportunities to get into the playoffs each year, even after they expanded to seven per conference.
a team cannot win a division title for the 3 divisions they do not play in of the 4 divison north/south/east/west conference, afc/nfc, they do play in of the two conference National Football "League".

post count number fifteen thousand, hmm.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Ballpeen #2017404 06/03/23 10:57 AM
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
The gray area between excuses and reasons can be pretty thin at times.
I heard that on a podcast this week, a fella said anytime someone mentioned excuses, he was told to challenge them on the definition difference of excuses and reasons.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
bonefish #2017458 06/04/23 07:30 AM
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Greg Cosell is a true football analyst.

He knows more about football and the players in college and the NFL than anyone I have seen on tv.

This is a good overview of the North.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum The North

Link Copied to Clipboard