Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields.

On this and every Memorial Day I give thanks to all of those who served that gave the ultimate sacrifice in order to defend our freedoms. They did not choose the fight, but chose to fight for our nation. Risking it all and paying the the highest price one could pay, their life. They came from all across our nation. From major cities to open farm lands. The only color they saw in the trenches were the color of their uniforms. There are no atheists in a fox hole. When the bullets start flying everyone begins to pray. Without their sacrifice we wouldn't enjoy the freedoms we all have today or the right to fight for the freedoms some are still striving for. Please take time out on this Memorial Day to thank and honor the fallen. We owe everything to them.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Bard Dawg
Legend
Legend
May God bless all of those who laid down their lives in the service and defense of this country, and comfort their families. In times of war, all give some, but some give all.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Tomorrow, as I have done for many years, I will pick up some flowers and head to the National Cemetery in town. We will just walk around, looking for a stone that looks like it has been long unattended. As I tell my wife, I will know when the stone talks to me. I more or less look for a Korean or Vietnam era, young, like a person who came home through Dover. A stone that looks like it hasn't been visited in some time. Not that nobody cared, but people remarried, moved, died.

We just leave the flowers, talk, think, wonder who this person was, what they did.

When I get home I try to find out any information about the person, usually with no luck. Sometimes I find little bits.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
2 members like this: EveDawg, PitDAWG
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
Legend
My wife and I give thanks for those who served, sacrificed, and especially those who died. Their choice remains our strength. Not victims, but heroes. My wife id going to decorate graves with our beautiful peonies and iris this morning; this has been an annual observance almost our whole marriage. Our thanks for those brave enough to choose service and brave sacrifice to preserve our freedoms. Honor them.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
... Winston Churchill said, “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Memorial Day...

Link Copied to Clipboard