Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
$110M to exclusively stream one NFL playoff game this fall. This is the future of the NFL.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by Milk Man
$110M to exclusively stream one NFL playoff game this fall. This is the future of the NFL.
\

Can't say I like this at all. Why do I feel like I am going to have to pay for Peacock so I can watch the Browns lose their playoff game?

A
Legend
Legend
A
Follow the money. I won't be paying to watch. Next thing you know, the super bowl will cost you $100 to watch. Screw that. Watch the nfl do exactly what nascar did - price themselves out of the average joe's budget.

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
There are regular season games I can't get being in the Bengals viewing area, so Jim Donovan will be my eyes and ears.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Won’t go there.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FrankZ
\

Can't say I like this at all. Why do I feel like I am going to have to pay for Peacock so I can watch the Browns lose their playoff game?

Just wait until the Super Bowl becomes a PPV event..."a la carte" events. willynilly

Legend
Legend
first I gotta get YouTube... now I need peacock... ridiculous...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Just wait until the Super Bowl becomes a PPV event..."a la carte" events. willynilly

The Super Bowl is so popular world wide....there will be no problem finding a free stream.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
1 member likes this: PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
And you can see where this is heading

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Same region, same problem, FORT. Can't wait to see the new schedule release so I can find out which games I will miss because of NFL, "special" exclusions, private marketing that exclude me because I live in Cincitucky broadcast area. I can see a time coming where the common fan has to have a crazy quilt patchwork of devices, streaming, PPV and limiting market access to assemble a season. I do believe there is a ceiling to this. A fine case is made by the NFL here that "less is more." I will be watching less NFL. Token gesture at best, but I am OK voting with my feet and avoiding some of this.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
Legend
Legend
I’m just not a fan of having to switch apps, purchase new ones, switch them back and forth on Sundays, etc.

It’s going to become so spread out that I’ll lose interest

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
This is such garbage.

Hell they should make all sports tv pay per view.

Watch what you want when you want to watch it. Pay a reasonable price.

NFL package I really do not want it. All I want is the Browns game. I want to be able to record it and use forward and back.

There are a ton of channels I will never watch. I could pick ten and be happy.

I tried Apple on a trial. Horrible. Tried to watch a Braves game. It was unwatchable the picture was so bad.

I wish Directv would not have sold out.

2 members like this: Cleats, FORTBROWNFAN
B
Legend
Legend
B
It is what it is.

Streaming is fairly new. In time the NFL will settle on one or two. Right now the NFL doesn't know who is going to be the dominate force in streaming, so they spread it out a bit.

I wonder how this is going to hit sports bars? They can no longer jet get Direct TV or use an over the air network feed. They too are going to have to get multiple services if they wish to show all the games, which is a shame. Now we can all expect the cost of wings and beer are going to jump.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Most streaming services offer a free trial. Hopefully people can use that to their advantage to watch this game. If not I won't be seeing it. I have all of the streaming services I want and care to pay for.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Most streaming services offer a free trial. Hopefully people can use that to their advantage to watch this game. If not I won't be seeing it. I have all of the streaming services I want and care to pay for.

Screw free trials. My feeling is they make it hard to dump it, but that is my impression. I have never done that. I am not going to sign up for something knowing I was going to dump it in order to get something free.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
I guess we just see this differently and I don't have a problem with that. To me streaming services do things like this as an enticement to get people to try their service. They allow for you to try it in hopes that you will keep their service. By and large I think a lot of people use the free trial to watch something specific like this. Now when it comes to getting something that is illegally streamed for free outside of their service I would agree with you. But I find this very much akin to a chain restaurant offering you free fries of your team wins a game. The reason they are offering you free fries is in the hope you will buy a sandwich and a drink to go with those fries. I don't see anything wrong with just getting the fries.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I have had Peacock for a little bit and it’s just average. I’ll watch reruns of Cheers and thats about it lol

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I have had Peacock for a little bit and it’s just average. I’ll watch reruns of Cheers and thats about it lol

I got it for suits... about half way through... will see if I keep it after I'm done with Suits...

<><

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
I guess we just see this differently and I don't have a problem with that. To me streaming services do things like this as an enticement to get people to try their service. They allow for you to try it in hopes that you will keep their service. By and large I think a lot of people use the free trial to watch something specific like this. Now when it comes to getting something that is illegally streamed for free outside of their service I would agree with you. But I find this very much akin to a chain restaurant offering you free fries of your team wins a game. The reason they are offering you free fries is in the hope you will buy a sandwich and a drink to go with those fries. I don't see anything wrong with just getting the fries.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. I just don't do it. Plus, I would watch whatever it was, then forget to cancel in time then be stuck with it for a year or two, whatever the terms might be..

After reading this earlier in the day, it seems I do have Peacock. At least the regular version, not the plus version. Maybe my wife signed up....no telling...maybe it is included with Prime?

I like having choices, but it was a whole lot simpler when you had 3 channels from which to choose. You watched what was on one of them or you didn't watch. Heck, now I probably have 500 channels when you include the music channels and only watch maybe 10 of them with any regularity. Shoot, I even have things I didn't know I had! LOL

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by jaybird
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

I got it for suits... about half way through... will see if I keep it after I'm done with Suits...

Poker Face was good, as was Dr. Death.

A Friend of the Family was flat out bonkers. I assumed nobody could be this stupid. Then I saw the actual documentary and realized Peacock was being kind.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Peen... Like all streaming services, there is zero commitment required and plans can easily be cancelled in under two minutes of your time by logging in to your account, click 'manage subscription' and clicking 'cancel.' Worst case scenario, you forget to cancel and are out $4.99 for the month (Premium Plus is $9.99/mo...no commercials). Yawn.

Peacock is not included w/ Prime.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by jfanent

The Super Bowl is so popular world wide....there will be no problem finding a free stream.

but, it honestly isn't worth the effort. Just read the results in the paper the next day.
This world has grown FAR too comfortable with the obsession of never missing anything.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
O
Legend
Legend
O
Won’t be long and they’ll all be pay gated. Wish they would have just left them on the big 3.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
F
Legend
Legend
F
How many people would pay $8-10 per game to pick and watch whatever game(s) they choose each week?

Wonder how that would stack up against these tv contracts, for the NFL to just do it all themselves?

We don't have to agree with each other, to respect each others opinion.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FloridaFan
How many people would pay $8-10 per game to pick and watch whatever game(s) they choose each week?

Wonder how that would stack up against these tv contracts, for the NFL to just do it all themselves?

I don't think it 'works' as the NFL would still do better with a partner. Two major issues come to mind:

~ Most of the upside on these huge contracts is because this is a 'bidding war' situation.
~ Networks have deep relationships with ad agencies; the NFL has none, and probably has no interest in trying to sell and manage all that ad space.

Just my two cents and basically an uneducated guess.

Last edited by FATE; 06/07/23 10:46 AM.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by FloridaFan

I think the amount would have to be higher. You can't go to a movie for $9, but that said, it wouldn't be a consistent revenue stream. The NFL and whatever network want the set season rate rather than the up's and downs of week to week.

I could see a possible pay per view option, but I would think it would be more in the $60+ range. Pay the yearly fee or pay out the ass.

That's how I would do it. So would you. The NFL and network aren't interested in the people who want to cherry pick games.

I don't blame them.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum NFL Playoff Game to Stream Exclusively on Peacock

Link Copied to Clipboard