Next Thread
Print Thread
#2017559 06/05/23 11:31 PM
A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Niece got married this weekend, in Cleveland. My extended family got 2 vrbo's. I stayed at the corner of Ashford and 105th. I would classify it as a working class neighborhood. Curious what the locals would call it.

No problems for us. Did see several cars with no headlights on running stop lights. 4 atv's with young kids riding, just going down 105th. But, I walked to the corner grocery to get pop. Was surprised when I walked in - cashier was behind plexiglass. I was watched, as was everyone that entered.

Ate at a McDonalds just down 105th on Friday. Couldn't find anywhere else, being on a time schedule - which was screwed by McD's. Worst service in the world, ever.

Ate breakfast on Saturday at Landmark Restaurant. On St. Clair. Absolutely fantastic. Those employees CARED. Breakfast was great, price was good, but the service was phenomenal. It was so good we asked if they were open Sunday, for probably 22 people. Waitress said yes, but make a reservation. After we got a tally of the number of family that was going, bro called them and set it up.

23 of us for breakfast on Sunday. Had the same waitress. She owned it. Took the orders.............and my land, none of us could believe how fast the food came out. She, and the cook/s nailed it beyond belief. (and she got a hefty tip - 20% on the bill, plus 3 of us added to it)

It was just so nice to see a restaurant in what might be described as an impoverished area - doing one heck of a job with the food, and the SERVICE. (the take out orders were huge).

For the Clevelanders, the locals, thoughts on Ashford and 105th, and thoughts on Landmark? It was kinda cool to see the pictures in the restaurant. It's a place Biden stopped at during his campaign for president. Got there, looked at the pictures and said "Hey, I remember watching him be here."

Legend
Legend
E. 105th or W. 105th?

I'm scanning Google Maps and can't find an Ashford anything on either 105th.
I've never heard of Landmark Restaurant, but I'm also not one to be checking out all the latest restaurants.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
East 105th. My bad. East 105th and Ashbury.

https://www.mapquest.com/us/ohio/cleveland/44106-1137/1439-e-105th-st-41.51782,-81.61504?toll=1

Last edited by archbolddawg; 06/06/23 03:00 PM.
Legend
Legend
Ah, ok... I had wondered if you meant Ashbury.
That's the Wade Oval neighborhood.
MLK drive, the Art & Natural History museums, the main VA hospital, University Hospitals.... but, also a lot of sketchy. Just south of there is Hough Ave, location of the '66 Hough Riots. It can definitely be a dangerous/high crime area.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

A
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
A
Thanks. We had a good time. Actually walked a block to a grocery store to get pop for my daughter and her boyfriend. Walked and got eyed heavily by an employee - maybe owner. The cashier was totally behind plexiglass. Had to put the stuff in a bin to have it slid to the cashier. Money went under the little slot thing on the counter.

Sat. night we ordered pizza after the reception. I went out on the stoop/porch to wait for the delivery guy. Watched 2 cars, without headlights on, totally blow a red light. Then I got to watch 3 four wheelers cruise by on 105th. I wasn't concerned, but others were. It was what it was: A different world from what I'm used to.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Niece got married this weekend, in Cleveland.

My niece got married this weekend as well, just in Ashville, NC.

We three bear sightings at the house where we stayed.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Niece got married this weekend, in Cleveland.

My niece got married this weekend as well, just in Ashville, NC.

We three bear sightings at the house where we stayed.

My niece just announced her upcoming nuptials. I was there to bear witness. She'll also be married in Cleveland(ish).

This is getting spooky!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Everything Else... Clevelanders, report.

Link Copied to Clipboard