Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by archbolddawg
Who's challenging “their” rights as a human being? Be specific.
The same people who hate Mickey Mouse.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
j/c

Here's just how real the hate has become....

'Boycott Target' Song Reaches Number One on Billboard Rap Charts

A hip-hop track aimed at retail giant Target has hit number one on the Billboard charts in the genre, as the campaign to boycott the company continues.

Pro-Trump rappers Jimmy Levy and Forgiato Blow created the song "Boycott Target" in response to the retailer's Pride Month merchandise and transgender-friendly clothing in its collection.

Despite Levy's claims his hit faced the most "censorship on a song I've ever seen," it just hit the top spot on Billboard's rap digital song sales chart.

"It's Official #BoycottTarget Billboards #1 Let's Keep Fighting Against The Indoctrination Of Our Children The Boycott Target Remix Is Out Now Let's Get It On The iTune Charts," Blow tweeted in response.

And Levy took to his Twitter to celebrate: "We got a #1 Rap Billboard! Thank you to everyone who helped make this happen by getting the song on iTunes! Glory to God for giving us a voice!"

The rappers released their song on May 25 and gained wider attention after Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene endorsed "Boycott Target" on Twitter.

"American Conservatives are once again showing who has the real buying power. It's not the woke mob, they only bully and riot," she wrote a day after the song's release.

Target has faced a backlash over its Pride Month marketing and LGBTQ+ merchandise, with reports of customers confronting workers and tipping over displays. Some stores even evacuated staff after receiving bomb threats.

The retailer then announced it was removing some of the products and relocating displays, saying it was for the safety of employees, but was adamant it remained committed to LGBTQ+ rights.

"This is the MOST censorship on a song that I've ever witnessed in my life," Levy wrote three days after the song's release.

He claimed the song was being hidden from the search on Apple's iTunes store, and Instagram demanded he remove the link from his account bio "so that people can't get a copy of the track."

"They are scared of the awakening," Levy added.

The Target controversy comes as other brands have faced boycott campaigns by conservatives over their partnerships with LGBTQ+ people. Beer brand Bud Light is still under fire for sending a commemorative can of beer to transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney and some people have even called for a boycott of conservative news network Fox News for its acknowledgment of Pride Month.

As the campaigns continue across the country, the Human Rights Campaign has called for a "state of emergency" for LGBTQ+ people.

It cited legislation introduced in 41 of the 50 states as the "worst year on record."

More than 525 bills focusing on the LGBTQ+ community were introduced in different states and 220 of those bills specifically targeted transgender people. Many of the bills focused on access to gender-affirming health care for transgender people, especially minors.

Of the 525 bills, 76 had been signed into law so far which is more than any year on record and more than double over last year.

But there was a glimmer of hope for the community when a Tennessee judge appointed by former President Donald Trump ruled a drag show ban in the state was unconstitutional.

Thomas Parker said the Adult Entertainment Act encouraged "discriminatory enforcement."

The law targeted drag shows by redefining them as "adult entertainment" and prevented them from being watched by minors. GOP lawmakers in other states have also tried or are trying to pass similar legislation.

https://www.newsweek.com/target-boy...t8xzyeOiPBJ0h3A1XFUY7fxTMlzEgFWjBJbnFUWE

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
More hate....

School board's Pride month vote leads to fights, protests, arrests in Glendale, Calif.

The school has recognized the LGBTQ+ community in past years.

A California school district meeting where administrators voted to recognize Pride month, which celebrates the LGBTQ+ community, erupted into protests outside the venue involving several hundred people, according to the Glendale Police Department.

Protesters of the Glendale Unified School District policy to recognize Pride month were met by counterprotesters in support of the district's decision. Physical altercations broke out, according to footage captured by ABC affiliate KABC

The district has celebrated Pride month in years past, but a recent rise in anti-LGBTQ+ political sentiment has led to growing tensions against the community.

According to the ABC affiliate KABC, the district said misinformation was spread on social media about the district’s effort to acknowledge LGBTQ+ identities.

“While most of the protest was peaceful, a small group of individuals engaged in behavior deemed unsafe and a risk to public safety,” the Glendale Police Department said in a statement.

At least three people were arrested for unlawful use of pepper spray and willfully obstructing officers in the course of their duties, police said. A dispersal order was given just after 6 p.m., according to officials.

Meeting attendees were told to shelter in place while police ordered the crowd to disperse.

Footage of the chaos captured by KABC showed protesters throwing punches and pushing one another.

The protests come just days after the Los Angeles Unified School District Board of Education also faced protests against its resolution to incorporate lessons and programs related to the LGBTQ+ community and history. Separately, a transgender teacher's Pride flag was burned by an intruder at the North Hollywood elementary school in late May.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/school-bo...Ekvv5XKkds2k4bdOTIRE_kUJSwoVwYw1L9j9zYoc

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Who's challenging there rights as a human being? Be specific.

Republican agendas! And the freaks that go out and spew the hate toward these kids. And by extension anyone who supports somebody with this MAGA BS agenda. I did see that some conservatives are finally trying to drag the party back to the middle/center the lady couple weeks. Too bad half the country can’t trust any of them.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Who's challenging “their” rights as a human being? Be specific.
The same people who hate Mickey Mouse.

Ronaldo G. DeStains and the G stands for Goofy.

B
Legend
Legend
B
LGBTQ+
+ for "P"? What else could it be? How about F for freak?

Sickening.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
It's actually LGBTQIA+ now. I'm sure there are more letters on the way, wouldn't want to 'exclude' anyone. It will eventually look like someone fell asleep on the keyboard as they've got a lot of ground to cover...

AGEN­DER
Describes a per­son who does not iden­ti­fy as male or female or some com­bi­na­tion of male and female. Some agen­der indi­vid­u­als see them­selves as gen­der­less, while oth­ers see them­selves as gen­der neu­tral.

ALLY
Describes a per­son who sup­ports, both pub­licly and pri­vate­ly, the LGBTQ com­mu­ni­ty and equal­i­ty in its many forms. Het­ero­sex­u­al and cis­gen­der peo­ple can be allies, as well as indi­vid­u­als from with­in the LGBTQ community.

ASEX­U­AL
Describes a per­son who is not sex­u­al­ly attract­ed to oth­ers and has no desire to engage in sex­u­al behav­ior. Asex­u­al­i­ty dif­fers from celiba­cy in that a per­son who is celi­bate is sex­u­al­ly attract­ed to oth­ers but choos­es to abstain from sex. Some­times, asex­u­al is abbre­vi­at­ed as ​“ace.”

BIGEN­DER
Describes a per­son who has two gen­ders. Peo­ple who are bigen­der may expe­ri­ence two gen­der iden­ti­ties at the same time or at dif­fer­ent times. These gen­der iden­ti­ties can be bina­ry — male and female — or include non­bi­na­ry identities.

BISEX­U­AL
Describes a per­son who is attract­ed to both men and women. A per­son does not need to have had spe­cif­ic sex­u­al expe­ri­ences — or any sex­u­al expe­ri­ence — to iden­ti­fy as bisexual.

CIS­GEN­DER
Describes a per­son whose gen­der iden­ti­ty match­es the sex — male or female — orig­i­nal­ly iden­ti­fied on their birth cer­tifi­cate (i.e., peo­ple who are not trans­gen­der). Cis­gen­der, which is pro­nounced sis-gen­der, describes only a person’s gen­der iden­ti­ty — not their sex­u­al or roman­tic attrac­tions. Some­times, cis­gen­der is abbre­vi­at­ed as ​“cis” in casu­al conversation.

COM­ING OUT
Describes the process of a per­son first com­ing to under­stand their own sex­u­al ori­en­ta­tion, then reveal­ing it to oth­ers. How­ev­er, it is not nec­es­sary to have sex­u­al expe­ri­ences or to even tell oth­ers in order to come out. One may be out to just one’s self. Com­ing out is often cor­re­lat­ed with rates of youth home­less­ness.

ENBY
Describes a per­son who does not iden­ti­fy as exclu­sive­ly male or exclu­sive­ly female and usu­al­ly prefers​“they” as a pro­noun. Enby is the pho­net­ic pro­nun­ci­a­tion of​“NB,” which stands for non­bi­na­ry. Not all non­bi­na­ry indi­vid­u­als pre­fer or use this term.

GAY
Describes a per­son who is attract­ed, emo­tion­al­ly and/​or phys­i­cal­ly, to some­one of the same gen­der. The term can be used by men, women or indi­vid­u­als who iden­ti­fy as non­bi­na­ry. A per­son does not need a spe­cif­ic sex­u­al expe­ri­ence — or any sex­u­al expe­ri­ence — to iden­ti­fy as gay.

GEN­DER
A social con­struct used to clas­si­fy a per­son as a man, woman or some oth­er iden­ti­ty. Fun­da­men­tal­ly dif­fer­ent from sex assigned at birth, gen­der is often close­ly relat­ed to the role that a per­son plays or is expect­ed to play in society.

GEN­DER AFFIRM­ING SURGERY
A sur­gi­cal pro­ce­dure that enables an individual’s body to be more con­gru­ent with their gen­der iden­ti­ty. Also referred to as sex reas­sign­ment surgery or gen­der con­firm­ing surgery.

GEN­DER DYSPHORIA
Describes the extreme dis­com­fort that a per­son feels because their assigned sex at birth does not match their gen­der iden­ti­ty. This sense of unease or dis­sat­is­fac­tion can cause depres­sion and anx­i­ety and neg­a­tive­ly impact an individual’s dai­ly life.

GEN­DER EXPRESSION
How indi­vid­u­als com­mu­ni­cate their gen­der to oth­ers through their cloth­ing, speech, man­ner­isms and oth­er fac­tors. Gen­der expres­sion is not the same thing as gen­der iden­ti­ty. A per­son can express one gen­der yet iden­ti­fy with another.

GEN­DER FLUID
Describes a per­son whose gen­der expres­sion or gen­der iden­ti­ty — or both — changes over time. Not every­one whose gen­der iden­ti­ty or expres­sion changes iden­ti­fies as gen­der fluid.

GEN­DER IDENTITY
A person’s inter­nal iden­ti­fi­ca­tion as male, female, some­thing in between or some­thing oth­er than the two con­ven­tion­al gen­der options. A person’s gen­der iden­ti­ty is not vis­i­ble to oth­ers and can match or dif­fer from their assigned sex at birth.

GEN­DER NEUTRAL
Describes not iden­ti­fy­ing as being of a par­tic­u­lar gen­der. It can apply to sev­er­al dif­fer­ent aspects of life. Peo­ple who iden­ti­fy as gen­der neu­tral typ­i­cal­ly don’t sub­scribe to gen­der stereo­types and may use the pro­nouns ​“they/​them/​their” as well as others.

GEN­DER NONCONFORMING
Describes a per­son who does not adhere to the tra­di­tion­al expec­ta­tions — in terms of their appear­ance or behav­ior — of their assigned gen­der. Some of these indi­vid­u­als iden­ti­fy as trans­gen­der but oth­ers, for exam­ple, mas­cu­line les­bians, do not.

HET­ERO­SEX­U­AL
Describes a per­son who is attract­ed — phys­i­cal­ly and emo­tion­al­ly — to indi­vid­u­als of the oppo­site sex. Oth­er­wise known as a straight person.

HOMO­SEX­U­AL
Describes a per­son who is attract­ed — phys­i­cal­ly and emo­tion­al­ly — to peo­ple of the same sex. This term is out­dat­ed and dis­fa­vored in the LGBTQ com­mu­ni­ty, as it was com­mon­ly used to ostra­cize others.

INTER­SEX
Describes a per­son born with sex char­ac­ter­is­tics that are not typ­i­cal for male or female bod­ies. Sex char­ac­ter­is­tics are phys­i­cal fea­tures relat­ing to sex — includ­ing chro­mo­somes, gen­i­tals, hor­mones and oth­er repro­duc­tive anato­my — as well as sec­ondary fea­tures that emerge from puber­ty. Inter­sex is an umbrel­la term, and inter­sex char­ac­ter­is­tics and traits are not always appar­ent or iden­ti­fied at birth. The ​“I” in the longer ver­sion of LGBTQ (LGBTQIA+) stands for intersex.

LES­BIAN
Describes a woman who is attract­ed, emo­tion­al­ly and/​or phys­i­cal­ly, to oth­er women. A woman does not need a spe­cif­ic sex­u­al expe­ri­ence — or any sex­u­al expe­ri­ence — to iden­ti­fy as a lesbian.

LGBTQ
An acronym used to describe les­bian, gay, bisex­u­al, trans­gen­der, queer or ques­tion­ing per­sons or the com­mu­ni­ty. Avoid using the term​“gay com­mu­ni­ty,” as it does not accu­rate­ly account for the community’s diversity.

NON­BI­NA­RY
Describes a per­son whose gen­der iden­ti­ty falls out­side of the two-gen­der con­struct (male or female). For exam­ple, non­bi­na­ry can describe an indi­vid­ual whose gen­der changes over time, who does not iden­ti­fy as male or female or who asso­ciates with ele­ments of both gen­ders. Some indi­vid­u­als who iden­ti­fy as non­bi­na­ry pre­fer the term enby.

PAN­SEX­U­AL
Describes a per­son who is attract­ed to — or has the poten­tial to be attract­ed to — peo­ple of any gen­der or gen­der iden­ti­ty. This attrac­tion can be emo­tion­al or physical.

QUEER
An adjec­tive used by some peo­ple, par­tic­u­lar­ly younger peo­ple, whose sex­u­al ori­en­ta­tion is not exclu­sive­ly het­ero­sex­u­al. Queer was once used a pejo­ra­tive term and has been reclaimed by some — but not all — mem­bers of the LGBTQ community.

QUES­TION­ING
Describes a per­son who is still dis­cov­er­ing and explor­ing their sex­u­al ori­en­ta­tion, gen­der iden­ti­ty, gen­der expres­sion or some com­bi­na­tion there­of. Using this term enables an indi­vid­ual to iden­ti­fy as part of the LGBTQ com­mu­ni­ty while avoid­ing oth­er labels and rec­og­niz­ing that their process of self-iden­ti­­fi­­ca­­tion is still underway.

SEX
The clas­si­fi­ca­tion of a per­son as male or female. At birth, babies are assigned a sex that typ­i­cal­ly cor­re­sponds with their exter­nal anato­my. Yet an individual’s sex is influ­enced by a larg­er com­bi­na­tion of fac­tors, includ­ing their chro­mo­somes, genes, hor­mones, repro­duc­tive organs and sec­ondary sex characteristics.

SEX­U­AL ORIENTATION
An endur­ing emo­tion­al and/​or phys­i­cal attrac­tion (or non-attrac­­tion) to oth­er peo­ple. Sex­u­al ori­en­ta­tion is flu­id and encom­pass­es a vari­ety of labels, includ­ing gay, les­bian, het­ero­sex­u­al, bisex­u­al, pan­sex­u­al and asexual.

SOGIE
An acronym for sex­u­al ori­en­ta­tion, gen­der iden­ti­ty and gen­der expres­sion. Every per­son has a sex­u­al ori­en­ta­tion, gen­der iden­ti­ty and gen­der expression.

STRAIGHT
Describes a man who is attract­ed to women or a woman who is attract­ed to men. Can be used as a syn­onym for heterosexual.

TRANS­GEN­DER
Describes a per­son whose gen­der iden­ti­ty and/​or gen­der expres­sion do not match their assigned sex at birth. Trans­gen­der peo­ple may be straight, les­bian, gay, bisex­u­al or queer.

TRANS­GEN­DER (OR TRANS) MAN
Describes a per­son who was assigned a female sex at birth but iden­ti­fies as male. This per­son may or may not active­ly iden­ti­fy as trans.

TRANS­GEN­DER (OR TRANS) WOMAN
Describes a per­son who was assigned a male sex at birth but iden­ti­fies as female. This per­son may or may not active­ly iden­ti­fy as trans.

TRAN­SI­TION
A com­plex process by which trans­gen­der peo­ple align their anato­my (med­ical tran­si­tion) and gen­der expres­sion (social tran­si­tion) with their gen­der iden­ti­ty. Tran­si­tion­ing is a mul­ti­­ple-step process that occurs over a long peri­od of time. It can include such steps as using a dif­fer­ent name, using new pro­nouns, dress­ing dif­fer­ent­ly, updat­ing legal doc­u­ments, hor­mone ther­a­py and surgery. The exact steps involved in a person’s tran­si­tion varies.

TWO SPIR­IT
Describes a per­son who iden­ti­fies as hav­ing both a mas­cu­line and a fem­i­nine spir­it. It is used by some Native Amer­i­can and Alas­ka Native peo­ple to describe their sex­u­al, gen­der and/​or spir­i­tu­al iden­ti­ty. It may encom­pass same-sex attrac­tion and also include rela­tion­ships that could be con­sid­ered poly.

Make sure you memorize these or you'll be racist!!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It's sad how anyone different than yourself offends you. And then there's the term "freak" that Peen uses to describe anyone unlike himself. This is something that has been repeated throughout history. Not one time has it ended up being a good thing.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
Legend
Legend
I find you offensive for finding me offended.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm not surprised. You show your disdain and then deflect.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
You mean don't engage with the troll? Yep.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's not what I mean. I still engage with you. I don't discriminate against trolls.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
OOOOPS! Now they've made the alphabet brigade mad as well. Consumers -- mad; Pridesters -- mad; Stockholders -- mad as hell. Where do they go from here?

Target faces criticism from artists involved with Pride month products over response to boycott: ‘Quick to fold’

The removal of Pride products is a retreat from prior LGBTQ support, they said.

ByMax Zahn
June 7, 2023, 2:38 PM

Kennedy Davenport, a drag queen, rejoiced when she learned last year that she would be featured on apparel in the forthcoming Pride collection at Target.

"You never imagine opportunities like this," Davenport told ABC News, comparing the breakthrough to her previous role competing on the TV show "RuPaul's Drag Race."

For Davenport, elation turned to disappointment last month when Target announced it would remove some Pride products from stores in response to anti-LGBTQ harassment faced by employees, she said. Davenport says she does not know whether products with her image were removed.

"The bigwigs at Target should continue to take a stand with us and not be so quick to fold," Davenport said, calling on the company to return the full Pride collection to their shelves. "I would love for Target to put on their boxing gloves and fight."

Davenport is among five artists and organizations tied to this year's Pride collection at Target who criticized the company's response to the backlash in interviews with ABC News.

Critics acknowledged the difficult position faced by Target when anti-LGBTQ backlash nationwide boiled over last month into a boycott and reported employee harassment, including bomb threats at stores in Utah, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

However, some critics said, the decision to remove Pride products marked a retreat from the company's longstanding support of the LGBTQ community that could further embolden extremists and imperil vulnerable people.

"The thing that's so disappointing is that the leadership that Target has shown over such a long period of time seems to be wavering in a moment when the attacks on our community are increasing," Melanie Willingham-Jaggers, the executive director of LGBTQ advocacy group GLSEN, which has partnered with the company for more than a decade, told ABC News.

Rob Smith, the founder and CEO of The Phluid Project, an LGBTQ-owned clothing company that has placed products in Target stores for three years, expressed disappointment over the decision to remove some products from the Pride collection nationwide rather than focus on specific stores at heightened risk of threats.

"It's a big blanket decision that didn't seem appropriate," Smith told ABC News, noting that he does not think his products were among those removed. "I would've made a different decision if I was in charge."

An LGBTQ designer who contributed products to this year's Pride collection at Target -- and requested anonymity because they did not want to be publicly identified speaking about the company -- said the response to the backlash leaves them "questioning how committed to the LGBTQ community these companies really are and how much we can trust their word."

Target, which has seen its stock decline about 13% since the boycott began last month, did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.

MORE: 'Thrown in their faces': Bud Light salespeople say boycott is hurting commission
In a statement last month, Target said it removed some products from this year's Pride collection because the company "experienced threats impacting our team members' sense of safety and well-being while at work."

"Our focus now is on moving forward with our continuing commitment to the LGBTQIA+ community and standing with them as we celebrate Pride Month and throughout the year," the company said in the statement.

More than 200 LGBTQ advocacy groups, including GLSEN and the Human Rights Campaign, signed a public letter on Monday calling on Target to make all Pride products available for sale online and in-store, reaffirm the company's commitment to the LGBTQ community and ensure employee safety.

The boycott of Target follows a similar consumer protest against Anheuser-Busch InBev over a Bud Light promotion in April from a trans influencer. Bud Light sales have declined for seven consecutive weeks, and Anheuser-Busch's stock has plummeted about 20%.

Meanwhile, the boycott of Bud Light gained momentum after the company's initial response was perceived as conciliatory by some LGBTQ advocates, prompting frustration on the left.

MORE: The boycott against Bud Light is hammering sales. Experts explain why.
"It's my hope that other corporations see what's happening to Anheuser-Busch, see what's happening to Target and choose a different path," Willingham-Jaggers said.

To be sure, some of the people tied to this year's Pride collection identified the root cause of the unrest as a rise in right-wing extremism centered on the LGBTQ community, which they said has put companies like Target in a difficult position.

"On the one hand, they risk losing sales from individuals who oppose the LGBTQ+ community," a second designer who contributed to this year's Pride collection told ABC News. "While on the other hand, they risk alienating the pro-LGBTQ+ community, which may result in a loss of sales as well."

PHOTO: FILE - A Target Corporation logo is seen displayed on the exterior of their store.
A Target Corporation logo is seen displayed on the exterior of their store.
SOPA Images/LightRocket via Getty Images, FILE
As of last month, more than 520 anti-LGBTQ bills had been introduced in state legislatures, including over 220 bills specifically targeting transgender and non-binary people, the Human Rights Campaign found.

Smith, who said he has been in contact with Target often since the decision to remove some Pride products, said he remains optimistic that the company will respond more forcefully to the backlash.

"Target has continually done a good job and been a good leader," he said. "They just need a moment to reset and recalibrate."

https://abcnews.go.com/US/target-fa...d-pride-month-products/story?id=99865846

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
That's not what I mean. I still engage with you. I don't discriminate against trolls.

[Linked Image from media2.giphy.com]

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So the #snowflakes are angered yet again. They won't stop until they silence everyone they hate. Murica!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So the #snowflakes are angered yet again. They won't stop until they silence everyone they hate. Murica!

rofl You said it, not me!

Originally Posted by FATE
Target faces criticism from artists involved with Pride month products over response to boycott: ‘Quick to fold’

The removal of Pride products is a retreat from prior LGBTQ support, they said.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
So you don't see how all the backlash has silenced them. It's so funny that your snowflake bunch has lashed out to try and, and in some cases succeeded at silencing businesses. That they've punished them in any way they can. They've threatened their employees. They've called in bomb threats and then you wish to make others out to be the snowflakes. Target did fold too quick. Allowing those trying to deny rights to groups they disagree with never turns out well. And giving those of the world who hate people unlike themselves more power has never worked out.

It seems you promote discrimination and celebrate any chaos it causes. I wonder who you think will be there to stand up for you when others come after your kind? Hopefully there will people there to make fun of you as well since that seems to be the only language you understand.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
I mean maybe I'm being pedantic --- maybe it's my confirmation bias. I don't see the equivalency here.

One group actively calling for a boycott and actively spreading hate ...

The other group (three or so people being interviewed - not really a group but ...) offering criticism ??? I am sure there might be more protests about the decision - but I don't see the same vitriol.

"The bigwigs at Target should continue to take a stand with us and not be so quick to fold," Davenport said, calling on the company to return the full Pride collection to their shelves. "I would love for Target to put on their boxing gloves and fight."

"The thing that's so disappointing is that the leadership that Target has shown over such a long period of time seems to be wavering in a moment when the attacks on our community are increasing," Melanie Willingham-Jaggers, the executive director of LGBTQ advocacy group GLSEN, which has partnered with the company for more than a decade, told ABC News.

"It's a big blanket decision that didn't seem appropriate," Smith told ABC News, noting that he does not think his products were among those removed. "I would've made a different decision if I was in charge."

By comparison - the boycott and those against the LGBQT support shown - 1. actively boycotting 2. Hate messages and death threats.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/27/business/target-pride-abprallen/index.html

But then things fell apart. About a week and a half ago, Carnell said, he started receiving hundreds of hateful messages including death threats, some of them incorrectly saying the collection was being marketed to children

Last edited by mgh888; 06/08/23 11:39 AM.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
I think you're fairly accurate in pointing out the contrast. But for the record, I wasn't promoting this as "equivalency"... not by any stretch.

And since you're one that can at least take an honest look without resorting to childish antics; a certain bias does show through with your "one group, one group" statements... Is the "one group actively calling for a boycott and actively spreading hate..." really a group? You say the one group is really too small to be called a group, I would infinitely argue that the other is much too large. Much too large to be said to be "actively spreading hate" as a whole.

I would also argue that the largest swath of people are simply being tired of told what to say, what to do, how to act, what they're allowed to laugh at, tired of being trained on pronouns (and severely scolded if they don't stand in a straight line with their tongue out to take the pill). If they're white -- tired of being told they have privilege. If they have Christian values -- tired of being told they 'shove their religion down people's throats'. If they're middle-class -- tired of being told they owe something to someone else and should be more than happy to pony up more. If they're conservative -- tired of being told they're evil "because: TRUMP!!".

I think we're just at a point where a certain part of America is tired of being told their values don't matter and are merely responding with their wallets. That was once an honored response on the left... until the right started doing it.

So yes, Dylan Mulvaney (who has decided he digs chicks now... talk about 'played like a piano' rofl ) and the Target Pride displays are just more straws on the camel's back imo. And then, the snowball effect follows right behind critical mass... as we dumb down to the lowest common denominator. How many people won't even order a Bud because they think it might be embarrassing; or someone sitting at the bar may have a smart-ass comment? Target hires a Satan worshipper to design some of the products for the Pride collection?? lmao That should go over well, right? Pretty soon the low-info crowd is spreading rumors that they're selling a shirt that says "Satan Loves Pronouns".

Here's the bottom line: corporations should already be smart enough to avoid the hot issues like the plague. In this state of social-media, and sadly, main stream media distortions (with no accountability and not a sh*t to give); it's pretty dumb to grab the torch by the flame thinking the end result will be 'sales' and nothing else.

/rant

M
Legend
Legend
M
All good.

I think the people making up the numbers that are actively boycott Target or Bud Light etc are a diverse group with many different reasons. I think the 'hard core' segment that actively "hates" the LGBQT community is probably quite small. I bet there's others that think they are protecting their kids - I'm sure many feel like you say and don't want values of others pushed on them.

Personally I think we should be able to have inclusivity without backlash. I mean when it's "Secretary day" or "Bosses Day" - or whatever day or event .... I roll my eyes and choose to ignore. It'd be nice if everyone did the same thing with any LGBQT event or promotion they don't like or agree with. With Bud Light I think they made a huge mistake with who they used to promote their product as much as anything. And honestly - looking at Bud Lights target demographic I'd have been fine if they never tried to embrace or promote to the LGBQT demographic. I think they tried to be cute - and got burnt. Not certain how sincere their embracing of that 'culture' really was. I think more sincere support would be simply to do it without fanfare or marketing.

In many ways I'm like Clem - it's a group I don't/didn't actively pay attention to. As a minority that does suffer prejudice and hate - I'd support them and defend their rights. But no more than other minorities that suffer also. The noise in the media at the moment seems disproportionate to the amount of suffering and the % they represent in our society. That I find a bit annoying but I can choose not to pay attention.

The more things change the more they stay the same.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And since you're one that can at least take an honest look without resorting to childish antics

I'm going to pull a FATE on you. Without the mindless meme of course.....

Oh the irony.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mgh888
I think the people making up the numbers that are actively boycott Target or Bud Light etc are a diverse group with many different reasons. I think the 'hard core' segment that actively "hates" the LGBQT community is probably quite small. I bet there's others that think they are protecting their kids - I'm sure many feel like you say and don't want values of others pushed on them.

I have to ask. Target and many other businesses have marketed such items and supporte3d the LGBTQ community for years now. They have marketed products for pride month for years now. Yet this is the first time we've seen anything close to this kind of backlash over it. While I don't disagree with you is that their motivation is to "protect the kids" by a great many of them, the reason for that is the media they read and feed into has made that the message they have perpetrated and as such these parents believe that. I'm pretty sure that after years of these types of things being marketed by such corporations they didn't suddenly wake up one day and say "We have to stop this to protect the kids!"

And this entire "don't want values of others pushed on them" malarkey is just that. Seeing clothing or an ad showing transsexuals doesn't cause anyone or force anyone to become a transsexual. The real attempt being made is to silence them and pretend they don't exist. They want everything pushed back into the closet and people to be afraid to speak out about who they are. They want businesses to fear them as well by punishing them if they support or advertise to them. Because you see, they have no problem when people that share their views and express it in advertising or the marketing of their products. It's a simple matter of if they believe in it it's fine. Anything that runs counter to that will be punished.

These are the messages repeated to them over and over again until they began to believe it. They swallow it hook, line and sinker as an excuse to persecute others. This has been done before throughout history and has never turned out well. At least not for the people they use these tactics against.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
And since you're one that can at least take an honest look without resorting to childish antics

I'm going to pull a FATE on you. Without the mindless meme of course.....

Oh the irony.

Oh no he didn't!

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

O
Legend
Legend
O
Hey, if y’all want some lgbtq gear, print on demand printing company “PRINTFUL” will hook you up and make a donation on your behalf. Fate, Peen, other GOPers don’t pass up this deal. Fate, you could get one for every type you listed. thumbsup

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/08/23 05:21 PM.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
You never disappoint. I mean as long as you don't have to think.

#gmstrong
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
Originally Posted by mgh888
Personally I think we should be able to have inclusivity without backlash. I mean when it's "Secretary day" or "Bosses Day" - or whatever day or event .... I roll my eyes and choose to ignore.

The problem (and the point I think Fate was making) is you can't ignore it. It's everywhere. It's not pride day, it's pride month. Rainbow flags and parades and other events everywhere. It's breaking news everytime someone comes out. Have to fillout pronouns now on every form I fill out. People have lost their jobs for not using the correct pronouns. Girls are getting beat by guys that compete in womens sports. At the high school level, I imagine this ticks off the parents. I'm not surprised people are pushing back. If someone wants to be lgbtq, good for them, it's none of my business. If they want this to be normalized, then stop making a giant spectacle out of it.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
O
Legend
Legend
O
Wait until next year on the campaign trail. Progressives have 72 million rainbow bumper stickers for Trump events.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Wait until next year on the campaign trail. Progressives have 72 million rainbow bumper stickers for Trump events.

Is that a rough inventory? Who paid for all that? I mean, even at a penny per that's a ton o cash.

What do they intend on doing with them? Are they going to cover Trump in them?

O
Legend
Legend
O
Did I really need to make it purple and stick my tongue out? Or are you just being funny?

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Did I really need to make it purple and stick my tongue out? Or are you just being funny?

Trying to be funny with you.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Sorry, couldn’t decide what that was. And they just get stuck on the bumpers of cars with Trump stickers. It’s called direct messaging. And Soros bought them, if you were a MAGAt you would know that… wink

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/08/23 09:12 PM.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Sorry, couldn’t decide what that was. And they just get stuck on the bumpers of cars with Trump stickers. It’s called direct messaging. And Soros bought them, if you were a MAGAt you would know that… wink
Sounds more like vandalism.

Maybe Soros will pay for the paint jobs to remove them too...

O
Legend
Legend
O
Why would that be vandalism? I’ve never seen anything more ‘gay’ than a Trump bumper sticker. It’s like we’re taking them home. wink

Psst… that one was for the homophobes.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/08/23 10:05 PM.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Squires
The problem (and the point I think Fate was making) is you can't ignore it. It's everywhere. It's not pride day, it's pride month. Rainbow flags and parades and other events everywhere. It's breaking news everytime someone comes out. Have to fillout pronouns now on every form I fill out. People have lost their jobs for not using the correct pronouns. Girls are getting beat by guys that compete in womens sports. At the high school level, I imagine this ticks off the parents. I'm not surprised people are pushing back. If someone wants to be lgbtq, good for them, it's none of my business. If they want this to be normalized, then stop making a giant spectacle out of it.

You mean the same thing that's been going on for years now? Yet suddenly now that the far right politicians and media have made them out to be an enemy, everyone suddenly cares? I like many think some of the things they condone goes too far. But how is that any different than the far left or the far right? They too promote things that are extreme and ridiculous. But all of a sudden, after pride month has been going on for years now, it has become an issue. It's because their leaders and their media have created outrage by their followers. And they've decided, "Everyone must pay!"

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Jester
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
j/c

Gentlemen, it's time to sort through all of your porn. You'll need to trash all of your Jenna Jameson porn now. She has officially crossed over to the other side.

Former Porn Star Jenna Jameson Marries Girlfriend Jessi Lawless

The 49-year-old mother of three said she now wonders why she ever dated or married men.

Former porn star Jenna Jameson just got married for the third time — her first to a woman.

Jameson, 49, told People on Thursday that she married her girlfriend, 40-year-old Jessi Lawless, in Las Vegas last month, and has ”found the person that I truly should have always been with.”

Jameson first said she was bisexual in 2004, but told Fox News in 2008 that she was “totally hetero.” She told People that she now wonders why she ever dated or married men at all.

“It’s selfish and bad to say, but I think my driving force were children,” said Jameson, a mother of three. “And now that I’ve really found myself, I’m just accepting of everything that I feel inside and don’t shove everything down.”

Jameson and Lawless met after Jameson became a fan of Lawless’ TikTok videos and started commenting on them.

Lawless, a social media personality and hair stylist, didn’t recognize Jameson at first.

“I was like, ‘Who is this Jenna Can’t Lose?’” she told People. “It’s Jenna f'ing Jameson. Oh my God.”

Jameson was interested in pursuing Lawless, who had a girlfriend when they first connected. Because of that, Lawless said she didn’t act on Jameson’s advances until that relationship ended last year.

The two began dating in January.

“I knew I would get what I wanted,” Jameson said. “She was worth it. But she presented a challenge and I’m very driven when it comes to challenges, so I knew I just had to lie and wait. And she came back around.”

Lawless admitted that after the breakup, she considered having some casual encounters, but said she’s “happy that it went to a more serious level, and I’ve never been so comfortable with anyone.”

The wedding took place May 23 in front of a few people at Little Church of the West in Nevada, which is also where Lawless’ parents exchanged vows. The couple plans a bigger wedding in the future.

Jameson’s dad is dead, so Lawless asked her own father to walk her bride down the aisle.

“I was standing up there waiting for her, and I looked at the back of the church and I saw her standing there and I looked at my dad and I said, ‘Dad.’ And he looked over at me and I said, ‘Go walk Jenna down the aisle right now,’” Lawless said.

Jameson said she plans on taking her wife’s last name, and already refers to herself as “Jessi’s girl” on her Instagram page.

I mean Bud Light advertising to transsexuals probably stung just a little. And of course seeing clothing sold in stores for anyone other than straight people made your snowflake skin crawl, but this one really has to hurt you deeply.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Lol. That’s like watching them find out their GF used to be a man…. They’ll stay with her.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I considered posting in the joke thread but original thought was involved so I thought that may have been frowned upon on there.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep. no fascist undertones and not a Babylon bee meme. GM started that thread to lighten it up in here… but it morphed into a sub thread from 4Chan.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Uh oh! Cracker barrel done gone and did it!......

Cracker Barrel faces backlash for posting celebratory Pride Month rocking chair: 'Showing true colors'

Conservative accused Cracker Barrel of going 'woke,' and vowed to stop supporting the restaurant

One of America’s oldest restaurants chains, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, is facing backlash from conservatives for going ‘woke’ after the restaurant posted an image on Instagram of one of its restaurants with a rainbow-painted chair to announce the celebration of Pride Month.

The company known for its antique decor, Southern country-themed menu and affordable prices, took many by surprise following the controversial Instagram post.

"We are excited to celebrate Pride Month with our employees and guests. Everyone is always welcome at our table (and our rainbow rocker). Happy Pride!" the post read.

Following the post, one outraged guest shared their "shock" over the post, Cracker Barrel's Twitter account responded, saying that their team, "takes pride in creating a welcoming, safe atmosphere."

"Thanks for sharing," Cracker Barrel's Twitter account responded. "Our teams take pride in creating a welcoming, safe atmosphere where people can enjoy time with family and friends the moment they walk through our doors."

Others patrons chimed in, expressing their displeasure in the southern restaurant- and sharing that they will no longer eat there.

"Unfollowed and won't ever eat at y'alls or wear any of y'alls mech," one outraged person wrote in the comment section.

"Not you guys too," another wrote with a crying emoji. "Go woke, go broke."

"Businesses need to stay out of this crap. You're ruining your business," another former customer wrote. "You should not have to put this crap up. We already know everyone is welcomed."

Texas Rep. Ronny Jackson also joined in on the protest, tweeting: "BYE BYE CRACKER BARREL! I will NEVER eat there again!!"

The Texas Family Project, a conservative political advocacy nonprofit organization, posted screen grabs of the restaurant's ongoing initiatives on diversity and inclusion.

"We take no pleasure in reporting that @CrackerBarrel has fallen," Texas Family Project wrote in its tweet. "A once family friendly establishment has caved to the mob."

On Cracker Barrel's website, the company highlights their diversity and inclusion initiatives, saying that, "discrimination, overt or through unconscious bias, has no place," at the restaurant.

"We have a responsibility to live up to our mission of Pleasing People each day, ensuring that every member of our team and every guest feels at home, feels cared for like family, and feels like they belong," Cracker Barrel's diversity, equity and inclusion website says. "Our teams work hard to create a culture of hospitality that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive to everyone who walks through our doors. Our food and décor celebrate warm memories of the past, and our inclusive culture and beliefs help us make way for an even brighter future, together. Discrimination, overt or through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store."

Others cheered the restaurant's post, congratulating them for their "wonderful" stance.

"Love that. I’ve always loved Cracker Barrel. Love them even more now," a customer wrote, replying to Cracker Barrel's post. "It’s a small gesture, but you know what? It’s those small gestures of kindness that matter the most."

The Tennessee-based restaurant chain responded, "We want everyone to feel welcome at our table, and that will never change."

"This makes me so happy!!" another wrote.

"I am just so impressed by how my favorite restaurant is making such positive statements!" another wrote. "Thank you for all of your inclusiveness and positivity!"

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital's request for comment.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/retail/...yL_1Krn0nzlf8toHRg2ppBNUyYt6_JYt3ulanSVM

This really gets my goat! My wife and I just had dinner there on Thursday. Had we have known this we would have went elsewhere to eat. They tricked us by not having one of these damned Pride chairs on display outside of our local Cracker Barrel location. Bunch of woke idiots thinking everyone should feel welcome. What a communist load of BS! Murica!

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Will Garth be next!? saywhat

Garth Brooks Explains Why He's Refusing to Ban Bud Light From His Bar

Garth Brooks has explained why he won't be banning Bud Light from his new bar, as the beleaguered beer brand faces continued backlash and boycott calls.

In recent months, the number of large U.S. brands being targeted with boycott calls has grown dramatically, as a host of different companies unveil products supporting Pride Month, which takes place every June. Companies supporting the LGBTQ+ community outside of Pride Month have also faced backlash from conservatives.

Bud Light was initially targeted in April for a small branded partnership it had with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney. In a video posted to Instagram on April 1, Mulvaney said that the beer brand had sent her a can with her face on it to commemorate 365 days of her living as a woman.

Mulvaney's partnership with Bud Light drew condemnation from several conservative figures, including Texas Rep. Dan Crenshaw. Many issued calls for a boycott of the beer brand and there has been overt scrutiny of an increasing number of companies over their pro-LGBTQ+ marketing initiatives.

However, while his fellow country stars Travis Tritt and John Rich are among those who have publicly declared their aversion to Bud Light following its collaboration with Mulvaney, Brooks has stated that he does not plan to discriminate.

Speaking with Billboard executive editor Melinda Newman at Billboard Country Live in Nashville on Wednesday, Brooks touched upon his Friends In Low Places Bar & Honky Tonk, which will open imminently in the city's popular South Broadway District.

"I know this sounds corny, I want it to be the Chick-fil-A of honky-tonks," he told Newman. "I want it to be a place you feel safe in, I want it to be a place where you feel like there are manners and people like one another."

Alluding to the Bud Light backlash, the musician added: "And yes, we're going to serve every brand of beer. We just are. It's not our decision to make. Our thing is this, if you [are let] into this house, love one another. If you're an a**hole, there are plenty of other places on lower Broadway."

It was announced last year that Brooks planned to open the entertainment space, which will be housed within a three-story, more than 40,000 square foot property, that the star purchased in December 2021.

"We feel very lucky to have the chance to be part of Lower Broad, which is arguably THE hottest spot in the country," Brooks said in a statement at the time. "The goal is a classic honky-tonk that welcomes all and encourages love and kindness while playing the greatest music in the world in the home of country music!"

Amid the fallout and reports of plummeting sales, some Bud Light executives took a leave of absence, including marketing head Alissa Heinerscheid and Daniel Blake, who oversees marketing for Anheuser-Busch's mainstream brands.

The furor over Bud Light's association with Mulvaney reflects anti-transgender sentiment that has been growing in the U.S., with bills targeting the rights of transgender people having been embraced by Republican governors and statehouses across the country.

In recent weeks, a number of social media users have also shared photos and videos of unsold Bud Light on store shelves and at venues, in a bid to illustrate the purported success of their boycott of the beer brand.

Brooks went against the grain in January 2021, when he performed at the inauguration of President Joe Biden—a move that angered a number of country music fans.

"The message they're pushing is unity, and that's right down my alley, man," Brooks said at the time. "If we're gonna get anywhere, we're gonna get there together."

Brooks also teased in the leadup that he would likely be "the only Republican at the ceremony."

Throughout his career, Brooks has performed for every U.S. president since Jimmy Carter, with the exceptions of Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump. He was invited to sing at Trump's inauguration in 2016, but declined because of scheduling conflicts.

https://www.newsweek.com/garth-broo...LGyisC_Ql6-E0Xs_Z-CcwuNRGwi5XgO5bSZHIbII

#gmstrong
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus More Companies going woke! Time for more boycotts!

Link Copied to Clipboard