Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FrankZ
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by mgh888
People owned cannon during the founding, I'm ok with that as well.
I have no issues with people owning machine guns.

As I said - your welcome to your opinion. I can't even begin to imagine how much worse the country would be if people were legally allowed to own and keep machine guns and cannon.

If we stop blaming tools and try to fix the people problem that could make things better.

There is the family of the bank shooting it Texas a couple of weeks ago. The mom and dad were interviewed this morning on the Today Program. They appeared to be god fearing people. Seemed caring and right minded parents who loved their son.

They appear to have tried everything they could think of to help their son. In fact, they thought they had it under control.... Then Boom. He buys an AR-15. It took him roughly 30 minutes to buy it.. 30 MINUTES... yes, you read that correctly.

So with all due respect about helping those that have problems, I call BS.

Here's a kid (25 years old by the way), who was supported and loved and treasured by his parents.. He had a job that he was successful at. He had a girlfriend. He had problems but was being treated for them.

So for you or anyone else to say, just fix the people and all will be better? That's just not enough. You/we have to do it all. Restrict who can get a gun (any gun) and help those we can.

Both or nothing. Thus far, the right seems only to want to do NOTHING

So they worked with medical personnel to have him involuntarily committed to a mental health facility? That would become a prohibitor for purchase.

Oh what the hell is wrong with you anyway... Commitment wasn't called for or they'd have done it.

It sounds like you want to put people away rather than make it harder for those out there that need help to get a gun. Sorry Frank but that is just NUTTY thinking. Backwards Thinking.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Oh what the hell is wrong with you anyway... Commitment wasn't called for or they'd have done it.

It sounds like you want to put people away rather than make it harder for those out there that need help to get a gun. Sorry Frank but that is just NUTTY thinking. Backwards Thinking.

What the hell is wrong with you? Don't address mental health issue but whine that people with mental health issues can get guns. Oh yeah, the only viable solution is to collect all the guns and melt them down, maybe make a peace fountain.

If you take guns from people, the people suffering from mental illness are still suffering. But forbid no one blame an inanimate tool. Yep, the gun whispers to you ya know. What's wrong with me? What is wrong with you that you would rather people continue to suffer in silence (or not so much silence when they go suicide and take people with them).

Legend
Legend
As I said - your welcome to your opinion. I can't even begin to imagine how much worse the country would be if people were legally allowed to own and keep machine guns and cannon.

Pffftttt I'm saving up for a F-15EX fighter Jet.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend

What the hell is wrong with you? Don't address mental health issue but whine that people with mental health issues can get guns. Oh yeah, the only viable solution is to collect all the guns and melt them down, maybe make a peace fountain.

If you take guns from people, the people suffering from mental illness are still suffering. But forbid no one blame an inanimate tool. Yep, the gun whispers to you ya know. What's wrong with me? What is wrong with you that you would rather people continue to suffer in silence (or not so much silence when they go suicide and take people with them).

Who didn't address mental health....Geez Frank, not I know why you and Pit get into it.. You can't read

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Nothing in the constitution protects how many rounds your magazine can hold. And all of the things in what you just quoted are true. Denying your own actions is also a lie.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
jc

I don't think the 10 commandments should be taught at schools unless it's a class learning about religions (all major religions). I know schools don't teach about religions in general, but maybe they should given that its part of many people's lives. Also, it would help with context in their world history classes.

No Craps Given
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I see it much like a lot of subjects people rail for and against. There is no reason that classes in things like CRT, religion and others can't be made elective courses. Not required but available for students and their parents who wish for their children to take them. I'm not for forcing religion or something like CRT on anyone's children. I'm also not for either side saying since they don't want it to be taught to their children, nobody else has the right for their children to take a class in that subject.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: EveDawg, FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I have a very pragmatic perspective on CRT and other topics.

It is often said that the winners are the ones that get to write the history. The 1619 Project and CRT is a different perspective of that history, in this case, written from the black perspective. Different viewpoints and perspectives from history are supposed to be part of a dialogue. You can choose to accept it or not. That is why it is a dialogue.

From what I know, CRT is really not taught much in high school and if it is, its part of an AP course which is by its nature an elective. Now we don't always like our past, we can talk about Poll Taxes, red-lining housing, the Tuskegee experiment, the crack cocaine laws and other Jim Crow era or Plessy versus Ferguson type strategies. Separate, but not really equal.

It happened elsewhere, and the black community was not alone. We can talk about the Trail of Tears for native Americans, or the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II. Again it is a dialogue.

Yeah, sometimes the winners do awful and brutal things. Why do we call whitewash after all? Although I once thought that was just cheap lime paint, maybe it is not.

Also, when these items are discussed, we need to put that in context as well, Since the beginning of time, the winners were brutal. Vikings, Romans, Genghis Kahn, British, etc. etc.

Last edited by WooferDawg; 04/28/23 06:16 PM. Reason: last comment added.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

2 members like this: PitDAWG, Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
I could back that... don't mind those classes being an elective.... but frankly, I hope our school systems can just do better about teaching the basics... we need to get better at Math and Science...

<><

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I am an engineer, and although think they are important, there is more to life than Math and Science...

There are a lot of areas where we don't do well, Basic Economics, Civics and Nutrition/Health are areas where we could add some benefit.

The lack of focus on PE and the arts such as band bother me as well.

A fairly smart kid can go through high school unchallenged. There needs to be challenges to provide a developing mind the opportunity to think.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jaybird
I could back that... don't mind those classes being an elective.... but frankly, I hope our school systems can just do better about teaching the basics... we need to get better at Math and Science...

I agree and I'm not sure why it has become such a problem over time. Sometimes I think it's due to holding classes back to conform with students who have more trouble learning, which prevents those who could be progressing faster from moving on in subjects.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

I agree and I'm not sure why it has become such a problem over time. Sometimes I think it's due to holding classes back to conform with students who have more trouble learning, which prevents those who could be progressing faster from moving on in subjects.

Probably... I feel teachers don't have a chance... and end up teaching down to the bottom few... and are forced to pass kids who shouldn't be passed....

so far I feel my boys have done well in public school... and hope they continue to do well... but feel that at some point (maybe junior high or high school) I'll have to switch them to a private school to continue having them challenged in various subjects...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by EveDawg
jc

I don't think the 10 commandments should be taught at schools unless it's a class learning about religions (all major religions). I know schools don't teach about religions in general, but maybe they should given that its part of many people's lives. Also, it would help with context in their world history classes.

Holy Crap, the world must be on fire... Geez,, I actually agree with Eve.... Yikes,, someone pull my liberal card quick,, before I become a conservative again.... Yikes....HELP ME.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend

You mean basics like readin, righten, and rithamatic?

Well lets see

Reading.... nope not or cursive. Kids can't even read the constitution .... FAIL
Writing.... nope they don't teach writing cursive either...... FAIL
Arithmetic .... unless you consider letting kids use calculators for tests and wasting 2 pages of paper to show how 1+1=2 then .... FAIL

V
Legend
Legend
V
I think people misunderstand the word "writing" when it comes to this topic. Cursive is penmanship, not actual "writing" in education. There is no need to waste time on teaching cursive when almost everyone does the majority of their writing on electronic devices. True "writing" is being able to effectively communicate through the written word. Formulating coherent sentences that accurately portray one's thoughts and ideas so that others can readily understand them. Educators are failing at that, too. However, I think that most of the blame goes to the students because very few want to invest the time and concentration to work on the craft of becoming an excellent writer. Hell, look at some of our posters. It takes some time to decipher their messages. Jackson, who posts in the PFF and is always trashing Watson, is a prime example. He literally belittles others for their lack of intelligence while writing incoherent sentences w/terrible mechanics.

Last edited by Versatile Dog; 05/01/23 08:21 AM.
Legend
Legend
I haven't been here in forever.. and I see it took exactly 2 posts for this article about posting the 10 commandments to become a gun control argument. Good to see some things never change. I'm sure Jesus is most pleased that the 10 commandments will be posted in schools, that's what he has wanted all along.. <sarcasm> <rolleyes>

yebat' Putin
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
As per usual anything to distract from the issue at hand. As David Byrne would say, "Same as it ever was."

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
As per usual anything to distract from the issue at hand. As David Byrne would say, "Same as it ever was."
You do realize it was you that did that right?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I posted about people on the far right being selective about which portions of the constitution they believe in and which ones they dismiss.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I posted about people on the far right being selective about which portions of the constitution they believe in and which ones they dismiss.
Yer far right now?

It can be hard to keep up with the moving goal posts and daily deflection.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And your typical off topic response. I would have expected no less.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
And your typical off topic response. I would have expected no less.

Right it's my fault you posted off topic in thread you started so you could complain about other people postings being off topic while continuing to be off topic.

This is like 4D chess level stuff.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Mmmm hmmmm......

#gmstrong
V
Legend
Legend
V
We disagree on many things, but you are one of the few objective posters in this forum. Most of the Right has been chased off the board due to constant harassment and the left thinks it's their right to insult, belittle, and attack anyone who dares to venture an opinion that is not completely in line w/their beliefs.

2 members like this: Day of the Dawg, EveDawg
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Versatile Dog
Most of the Right has been chased off the board due to constant harassment and the left thinks it's their right to insult, belittle, and attack anyone who dares to venture an opinion that is not completely in line w/their beliefs.

rofl

But, but , but isn't it the right who claimed the left were the snowflakes? Nobody "ran them off". I understand however you love to play the victim card.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Texas bill that would have required Ten Commandments in schools fails

A Texas House bill that would have required the Ten Commandments to be posted in public school classrooms failed Tuesday after missing its deadline.

The bill, which passed in the Texas Senate, would have required a poster with the Ten Commandments that was big enough for anyone in the classroom to see and read.

The legislation passed the Senate in April and was required to be voted on in the House by Tuesday night, or else it would be dead for this session, which is set to conclude next Monday.

Although House lawmakers did not bring up the bill for a vote, it sparked a vigorous debate about the separation of church and state and what is acceptable inside public school classrooms.

The bill was part of a broader push to increase religion in schools. Another pending bill would employ chaplains to work in schools in the 2023-24 school year.

The push for more religion in schools comes after the Supreme Court ruled last year in favor of a football coach who prayed at the 50-yard line with his players.

https://thehill.com/homenews/educat...uired-ten-commandments-in-schools-fails/

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
This isn't about Florida but does show a continuation of how tax payer funded schools are being more and more impacted by religion when they clearly weren't meant to be.

Oklahoma school board approves what could be the 1st taxpayer-funded religious school in U.S.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A state school board in Oklahoma voted Monday to approve what would be the first publicly funded religious school in the nation, despite a warning from the state’s attorney general that the decision was unconstitutional.

The Statewide Virtual Charter School Board voted 3-2 to approve the application by the Catholic Archdiocese of Oklahoma to establish the St. Isodore of Seville Virtual Charter School. The online public charter school would be open to students across the state in kindergarten through grade 12.

Oklahoma Attorney General Gentner Drummond had warned the board that such a decision clearly violated the Oklahoma Constitution.

“The approval of any publicly funded religious school is contrary to Oklahoma law and not in the best interest of taxpayers,” Drummond said in a statement shortly after the board’s vote. “It’s extremely disappointing that board members violated their oath in order to fund religious schools with our tax dollars. In doing so, these members have exposed themselves and the state to potential legal action that could be costly.”

The group Americans United for Separation of Church and State vowed in a statement Monday to take “all possible legal action to fight this decision.”

Americans United for Separation of Church and State denounced the board’s approval.

“It’s hard to think of a clearer violation of the religious freedom of Oklahoma taxpayers and public-school families than the state establishing the nation’s first religious public charter school,” the group’s president and CEO Rachel Laser said in a statement. “This is a sea change for American democracy. Americans United will work with our Oklahoma and national partners to take all possible legal action to fight this decision and defend the separation of church and state that’s promised in both the Oklahoma and U.S. Constitutions.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...IUXDwKl3o9J3G8Z_dqlPCODGGBaQ9G_W83ytgFKo

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Public education must end!!! School choice for parents is what is needed. If you want your child to attend a Christian school, a Catholic school, or a different school that is your choice as a parent. When public education is using our tax dollars to fund education to move an agenda and promote the alphabet people and their sexual deviance then our tax dollars should not be involved. I would much rather my tax money be used to further school choice.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
When public education is using our tax dollars to fund education to move an agenda and promote the alphabet people and their sexual deviance then our tax dollars should not be involved.

And this is now how it's being spun when it comes to teaching children they should accept and be kind to all humans regardless of their differences. Of course when you claim everyone who does not share your view of sexuality as a "deviant" that helps explain a lot. It's much like the attack about teaching students the full and accurate history of America. I'm sure you don't like that either.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
When public education is using our tax dollars to fund education to move an agenda and promote the alphabet people and their sexual deviance then our tax dollars should not be involved.

And this is now how it's being spun when it comes to teaching children they should accept and be kind to all humans regardless of their differences. Of course when you claim everyone who does not share your view of sexuality as a "deviant" that helps explain a lot. It's much like the attack about teaching students the full and accurate history of America. I'm sure you don't like that either.

It is not accurate history. It is agenda driven propaganda. Maybe if it tried to tell the real truth it would educate our children which party created the KKK. The Democrats did. And as the South grew more conservative it grew less racist. Those are facts. I bet that agenda driven propaganda leaves those details out though.

More facts to consider. If strict gun laws really worked Chicago and New York would have much less gun violence.

That there are only 2 genders. Science supports that. That is called...Wait for it.... Biology.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Thank you Betsy DeVos.

The FACT that about half the guns used in the commission of gun crimes in Chicago came from outside the state and are being brought in from states with far more relaxed guns laws disproves your very premise. Trying to act like the Democratic party and the Republican party are what they were in the mid 1800's is a false reality and of course even you know that. Claiming telling the entire history of our nation is agenda driven propaganda is only further proof of what lengths some people will go to in order to continue it remain hidden.

And let me ask you, what does science or anything else for that matter, have to do with teaching children to should understand that certain groups who identify differently are a part of our society and no matter what, we should treat them all with common decency? Or is that something you propose we not teach our children too? You know, kindness?

I guess since the best you can do is label them as deviants pretty much explains that already.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Thank you Betsy DeVos.

The FACT that about half the guns used in the commission of gun crimes in Chicago came from outside the state and are being brought in from states with far more relaxed guns laws disproves your very premise. Trying to act like the Democratic party and the Republican party are what they were in the mid 1800's is a false reality and of course even you know that. Claiming telling the entire history of our nation is agenda driven propaganda is only further proof of what lengths some people will go to in order to continue it remain hidden.

And let me ask you, what does science or anything else for that matter, have to do with teaching children to should understand that certain groups who identify differently are a part of our society and no matter what, we should treat them all with common decency? Or is that something you propose we not teach our children too? You know, kindness?

I guess since the best you can do is label them as deviants pretty much explains that already.

So, answer me this. If those guns are coming from areas of the country with more relaxed gun laws than Chicago and they don't have the gun violence Chicago has. What is the difference? By your premise those bad places that have more relaxed gun laws should have the same gun violence that Chicago has. But they don't. What is the difference?

I treat everyone I meet with the loving kindness of Christ. I have taught my Children to do the same. I don't understand why I have to celebrate or learn about who people choose to sleep with. That is sick. The alphabet people want us to accept their lifestyle while they trample on the rights of our wives and daughters' privacy. They push their agenda on all of our children. I believe that two consenting adults have the right to sleep with whoever they want. Just don't flaunt it to my children. It is a sinful act plain and simple and has no right to be taught or pushed in school grades K thru 12. Adults are given the right to sin all they want. God gave everyone freewill to determine who they want to serve. God or themselves.

Legend
Legend
What is the difference?

Population density.
It's not that hard to figure out.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Yep our population is pretty Dense laugh

1 member likes this: Jester
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Could you please explain what you mean by alphabet people? Never mind. I know now. It's a slur for the LGBTQ community. I find your transphobic message to be quite disturbing.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
This isn't about Florida but does show a continuation of how tax payer funded schools are being more and more impacted by religion when they clearly weren't meant to be.

Oklahoma school board approves what could be the 1st taxpayer-funded religious school in U.S.

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A state school board in Oklahoma voted Monday to approve what would be the first publicly funded religious school in the nation, despite a warning from the state’s attorney general that the decision was unconstitutional.

The Statewide Virtual Charter School Board voted 3-2 to approve the application by the Catholic Archdiocese of Oklahoma to establish the St. Isodore of Seville Virtual Charter School. The online public charter school would be open to students across the state in kindergarten through grade 12.

Oklahoma Attorney General Gentner Drummond had warned the board that such a decision clearly violated the Oklahoma Constitution.

“The approval of any publicly funded religious school is contrary to Oklahoma law and not in the best interest of taxpayers,” Drummond said in a statement shortly after the board’s vote. “It’s extremely disappointing that board members violated their oath in order to fund religious schools with our tax dollars. In doing so, these members have exposed themselves and the state to potential legal action that could be costly.”

The group Americans United for Separation of Church and State vowed in a statement Monday to take “all possible legal action to fight this decision.”

Americans United for Separation of Church and State denounced the board’s approval.

“It’s hard to think of a clearer violation of the religious freedom of Oklahoma taxpayers and public-school families than the state establishing the nation’s first religious public charter school,” the group’s president and CEO Rachel Laser said in a statement. “This is a sea change for American democracy. Americans United will work with our Oklahoma and national partners to take all possible legal action to fight this decision and defend the separation of church and state that’s promised in both the Oklahoma and U.S. Constitutions.”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politi...IUXDwKl3o9J3G8Z_dqlPCODGGBaQ9G_W83ytgFKo

Lock them all up. Theo-fascists. They’re trying desperately to indoctrinate the children. Gotta keep those numbers up or the gravy train is over. It’s shameful and damn sure unconstitutional.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/08/23 12:21 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
School choice is a good thing. Make all schools compete to be better than they are today. I think this is a step in the right direction.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
School choice is a good thing. Make all schools compete to be better than they are today. I think this is a step in the right direction.

Public funding of religion with tax payer dollars is wrong.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D

Public funding of religion with tax payer dollars is wrong.

No more wrong than other things public is funding. Killing babies, the alphabet people propaganda in school etc.... School choice is a good thing.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Texas state Senate approves bill to post Ten Commandments in public schools

Link Copied to Clipboard