Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I'm retired military, it is a HUGE deal to military, intelligence community, homeland security---huge, I was flabbergasted to see TOP SECRET/SCI covers----IF, and JMHO, he did have that type intel laying around his home- unbelievable- military service members are in Leavenworth Ks prison for less. He's a complete ass. And needs to go to jail.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
1 member likes this: mgh888
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
So trump is on tape saying he didn’t declassify the documents and people still defending this crap.

Conservatives wouldn’t let their own kids get away with lying this much, yet this grown ass billionaire has them believing everything he says, licking his boots and shining his toilets. Crazy

Once you shine that turd, keeping it shiny becomes a must.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I would also suggest that the President and any of his staff that have security clearances have undergone formal training on the handling of classified documents and that there would be evidence of the training that would be offered as an exhibit. Probably a sign off page as well.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Amen, there is NO WAY he wasn't educated.....he just doesn't give a [censored] about ANYTHING- his business "successes", his marriages, his constant lies as President and ex- President-- how do folks forget about Mexico will pay for wall, the wall is finished, on and on....and our foreign policies decisions- while stated he wanted allies to pay their fair share- great, but he completely undermined NATO- an institution which for 70 years has prevented a nuke war--- his understanding of nukes is "let's nuke a hurricane"....damn, how dumb is that.....we desperately need new, younger leadership in both parties- and as a Floridian- Desantis isn't the answer-- wish Cheney was running and winning.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
In my words Trump is a BS artist, and will try and talk himself out of any pickle that he gets himself into.

This is by far the biggest pickle that he has gotten himself into. A typical government employee would be in jail awaiting trial.

I heard from Smerconish that "80 percent of Republicans think that trump should still be President even if convicted according to a CBS poll"... Try wrapping your brain around that fact.

That "shooting someone in 5th avenue" comment is absolutely true.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Good to see you posting. I was a little concerned by your absence.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: Swish
Legend
Legend
The rule of law seems to be not very important to the republican party as it once was supposed to be.

The hypocrisy of politicians is astounding. Hillary's emails vs trump stealing national secrets.

The truth doesn't have a chance.

trump is a career felon.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Originally Posted by mgh888
But it is serious right? If this was Joe Smoe who was accused of the same thing - and found guilty - they'd be looking at a prison sentence - right? And by Joe Smoe I mean anyone in the Govt at any level. Then lying about it to investigators is serious. Then having employees try to hide and move the materials being searched/asked for is serious - right? I think it was this case that he then tried to have a lawyer write a false statement about it... ?

Someone mentioned Biden - Biden had documents he was (apparently) un-aware of. Once known he handed everything over, co-operated fully. IS that different than Trump? I mean maybe we should clarify that so we are all on the same page.

MAYBE.

Has President Biden turned over the documents. It's my understanding they are still in discussions and conditions.? There are also 1800 boxes at the college which is refusing to turn over documents.

I am not trying to turn this in to a "what about". I just haven't seen anything to support your claim.

As this article explains, the docs were seized from Bidens house. (seized materials don't need turned over... they got them) Further, the FBI searched his home at Bidens and his lawyers request. Nothing hidden.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/21/us/politics/biden-documents.html

The 1850 boxes is another matter altogether.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-biden-trump-delaware-1850-boxes-446929353071

Once again, it's misrepresented by Trump and other Republican leaders.

Worse part of that is that it's easy to find the truth... All you have to do is look for it. The question is, will you read what I've posted? I mean, I doubt it since you won't read the indictment. Why is that by the way?

On another matter, I hear that Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden are starting a Pizza Shop in DC? Wonder what that's about? Perhaps John Durham should investigate.. He did such a great job on the RUSSIA RUSSIA probe and I hear he's available. smile

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
So trump is on tape saying he didn’t declassify the documents and people still defending this crap.

Conservatives wouldn’t let their own kids get away with lying this much, yet this grown ass billionaire has them believing everything he says, licking his boots and shining his toilets. Crazy

Stacking charges? Peen is right on that some 31 of the charges are for individual highly classified papers. BUT they could have easily added over another hundred with around two hundred papers that I know of from reading the reports. So it’s definitely not stacking charges, and the original count of 7 included one as a category for those papers. It looks to me like they brought only what they know they had him dead to rights on with a slam dunk prosecution. They have something like 99.97% conviction rate on this type of case. Trump is toast evidence wise.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 06/13/23 07:34 AM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
By the time 2024 campaigning season begins trump will have been indicted four times.

His future will be wearing an ankle bracelet and home confinement.

Which is a shame because he is most deserving of spending the rest of his ruined life behind bars.

If he went to prison the secret service would have to go with him. So, he will die like Michael Corleone alone in his mansion.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
Good to see you posting. I was a little concerned by your absence.

Good see you as well bro! I was kinda here, just I like conversations verbally more so I hopped on some panels and such. Plus I had a lot of moving parts going on. Just got the new crib, doing all kinds of crap (still) to modernize/update it, selling the townhome and getting the dungeo… I mean man-cave ready!!

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

Stacking charges? Peen is right on that some 31 of the charges are for individual highly classified papers. BUT they could have easily added over another hundred with around two hundred papers that I know of from reading the reports. So it’s definitely not stacking charges, and the original count of 7 included one as a category for those papers. It looks to me like they brought only what they know they had him dead to rights on with a slam dunk prosecution. They have something like 99.97% conviction rate on this type of case. Trump is toast evidence wise.

Well will see. Up until this point, he’s been Teflon don.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
What to know about Trump’s court appearance

Donald Trump will appear in a federal courthouse in Miami Tuesday afternoon for an unprecedented and historic court appearance as the first former president to face federal charges in US history.

Trump is expected to be taken into custody and placed under arrest by US Marshals and arraigned during a 3 p.m. ET court hearing before a magistrate judge. He’s expected to plead not guilty to the charges.

Special counsel Jack Smith charged Trump in a 37-count indictment last week, alleging that the former president mishandled classified documents brought to his Mar-a-Lago resort and engaged in a conspiracy to obstruct justice. Trump’s aide, Walt Nauta, was also charged in the indictment and is expected to appear in court alongside the former president.

Trump was indicted in March by the Manhattan district attorney’s office on charges related to hush money payments to an adult film star, but Smith’s indictment marks the first federal charges against a former president.

The court proceedings are largely going to be routine, but the circumstances surrounding the indictment are anything but – and law enforcement is making preparations for large protests outside the courthouse in Miami. Trump is expected to speak Tuesday evening once he returns to his Bedminster, New Jersey, resort.

Here’s what to know about Tuesday’s court appearance:
What happens when Trump gets to the courthouse?

Once inside the building, Trump will be placed under arrest and processed. Deputy US Marshals are expected to take Trump’s fingerprints electronically but are not expected to take a mugshot of the former president.

Then Trump and his attorneys will appear before Magistrate Judge Jonathan Goodman for his arraignment and initial appearance. The magistrate judge will confirm with Trump that he understands his rights under the Sixth Amendment, including his right to a speedy trial.

Trump’s attorneys will likely waive a formal reading of the indictment, and the former president is expected to enter a plea of not guilty to all 37 charges.

Federal prosecutors are expected to ask the magistrate judge to limit Trump’s communications with any potential witness to guard against possible witness tampering. Trump will likely be released pending trial on personal recognizance.

Personal recognizance is a no-cost bond, which would not be a financial provision ensuring future appearances. Instead, the defendants are taken at their word they will return to court for future proceedings.

Future hearings will be held before Judge Alieen Cannon, who has been assigned to the criminal case going forward, and a preliminary hearing before Cannon could be scheduled during this initial appearance.

Unlike his arraignment in New York, it’s possible Trump won’t be seen entering or leaving the Miami courthouse Tuesday. Former Miami chief of police Jorge Colina told CNN Monday that the courthouse has an underground garage that Trump’s motorcade is likely to use.
Who’s on Trump’s legal team?

Trump’s legal team is still in flux after a significant shake-up last week that saw two of his attorneys, Jim Trusty and John Rowley, resign following news of the indictment.

Attorneys Todd Blanche and Chris Kise are expected to represent Trump in court Tuesday afternoon for his arraignment, a source familiar with the matter tells CNN. Trump also needs a lawyer who is admitted to practice law in the southern district of Florida for the arraignment. Some lawyers on his team already fit this bill.

Although Trump spent most of Monday attempting to add another attorney to his team, nothing was finalized. Last week, Trump’s allies had expected a new attorney like Benedict Kuehne would be with them. For now, it’s Blanche, Kise and potentially Boris Epshteyn who will be in attendance.

CNN reported that Trump’s team has had difficulty retaining seasoned lawyers. Trump spent the day before his arraignment in Miami speaking with potential candidates, as he is privately pushing for his legal team to take a more aggressive stance against the Justice Department, sources told CNN.

Nauta is expected to appear with his attorney, Stanley Woodward, who is funded by Trump’s Save America PAC.
Who’s on the special counsel team?

Trump isn’t alone in beefing up his legal team with lawyers who have southern Florida experience. Smith has at least two prosecutors from the Miami US attorney’s office on his team.

One of them is Karen Gilbert, a seasoned Miami prosecutor who supervised the Mar-a-Lago national security case involving a Chinese national who trespassed at the Trump property. Gilbert also was part of the team that helped prepare for the FBI’s search of Mar-a-Lago last August as part of the classified documents investigation.

The special counsel’s team determined in recent months that they would bring the case in Florida instead of Washington, DC, where they initially used a grand jury to gather evidence, people briefed on the matter told CNN.

The complications over the venue made clear that prosecutors would have to bring any charges in the district based in Miami, which also includes Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort, the people said.
Who is Trump’s co-defendant?

Nauta is a Navy veteran who was a valet in the Trump White House and later became Trump’s executive assistant and personal aide. He was charged with six counts in the special counsel’s indictment. The charges include several obstruction and concealment related charges.

On Monday, Nauta traveled with Trump from New Jersey to Florida and had dinner with the former president.

According to the indictment, Nauta – allegedly following directions from Trump – moved boxes out of a storage room that was supposed to be searched by a Trump attorney in response to a subpoena and only moved some of the boxes back before the search.

Prosecutors alleged that Nauta made false statements to investigators that he didn’t know how boxes had arrived at Mar-a-Lago and whether they were secured.
What is the security situation?

Security agencies and local law enforcement have held multiple meetings in the lead-up to Trump’s appearance Tuesday, organizing the security in and around the building. Law enforcement agencies including the FBI, Department of Homeland Security and Miami Police Department continue to monitor any threats on social media.

As of Monday afternoon, the only visible security in place was law enforcement security tape, some plastic barriers and officers patrolling the area.

Miami Chief of Police Manuel Morales told reporters Monday that the department was working closely with local law enforcement and federal agencies in preparation for Tuesday and would have enough resources to handle crowd sizes of 5,000 to 50,000 people.

On Tuesday, the Federal Protective Service – part of DHS – will oversee the protection of the courthouse building, while the US Marshals Service will be in charge of protecting people in the building. The US Secret Service will oversee the protection of the former president.
What is Trump doing after his court appearance?

The former president is set to return to his Bedminster, New Jersey, resort following his court appearance Tuesday.

While Trump is not expected to speak publicly while in Miami, his campaign announced he will deliver a statement at 8:15pm ET from his Bedminster golf club.

Trump took the same approach following his arraignment in New York in April. Following that court appearance, he flew back to Mar-a-Lago and delivered a speech in front of supporters that night.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/13/politics/trump-court-appearance-what-to-watch/index.html

Arrest #2.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
GOP rep accuses DOJ of setting trap to imprison Trump supporters: ‘They want J6 again’

Rep. Clay Higgins (R-La.) has accused the Justice Department of setting a trap to imprison supporters of former President Trump, who has called for protests in response to his latest indictment over allegedly mishandling classified documents.

Trump arrived in Florida on Monday, ahead of his arraignment Tuesday in Miami, where thousands of protesters are expected to turn out Tuesday.

Higgins cast the case as a threat to America, but he urged fellow Trump supporters not to “fall for the trap,” drawing a parallel to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, which has seen hundreds of federal prosecutions of those involved.

“My fellow conservatives, the DOJ/FBI doesn’t expect to imprison Trump, they expect to imprison you. They want J6 again, in Miami and in your city and in mine. They want MAGA conservatives to react to this perimeter probe and in doing so, set yourselves up for targeted persecution and further entrapment,” Higgins said in a Sunday release from his office.

“They want to intercept a busload of conservatives en route to protest and create conflicts during the stop. They are hoping to provoke conservative Americans. Don’t fall for the trap,” the Louisiana lawmaker said, adding “don’t become an incarcerated pawn in the agenda driven DOJ/FBI strategy to oppress conservatives across America.”

Trump, who is running for president again in 2024, was indicted last week on 37 counts in connection with the alleged mishandling of classified records at his Mar-a-Lago home in Florida and is set to appear in court to be arraigned at 3 p.m. Tuesday in Florida.

Miami Mayor Francis Suarez (R) said during a press conference Monday that the city is prepared to handle any protests and demonstrations that may occur but warned of possible “disruption” to traffic patterns surrounding the former president’s high-profile appearance.

The latest development in the former president’s legal woes has fueled GOP claims that the federal government has been weaponized by President Biden and Democrats, a sentiment echoed by Higgins in his statement Sunday.

Higgins’s warning, which he ends by saying “We the People must fight against oppression legally, peacefully, and within the parameters of our Constitution,” comes after one of his tweets last week drew some scrutiny and added to concerns about a violent response to the indictment.

“This is a perimeter probe from the oppressors,” Higgins wrote in response to Trump announcing that he had been indicted. “Hold. rPOTUS has this. Buckle up. 1/50K know your bridges. Rock steady calm. That is all.”

He followed the tweet up with another post urging “Let Trump handle Trump, he’s got this. We use the Constitution as our only weapon. Peace. Hold.”

Higgins made headlines last month over a video of the congressman manhandling an activist at a press conference in front of the Capitol.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...Vo2TVt1IzjLdHX3hEwaRwDXW-BPYBn34B7xzuZw4

notallthere Murica!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Half of G.O.P. Voters Ready to Leave Trump Behind, Poll Finds

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/12/us/politics/trump-approval-polling-2024.html

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P
Fact check: Debunking Trump’s blizzard of dishonesty about his federal indictment

Former President Donald Trump has responded to his federal indictment the way he has responded to various other crises – with a blizzard of dishonesty.

In posts on his social media platform and in Saturday speeches in Georgia and North Carolina, Trump made numerous false or misleading claims about his handling of classified documents, the FBI’s conduct in the related investigation, the Presidential Records Act, his dealings with the federal government prior to the search of his Mar-a-Lago club and residence, and President Joe Biden’s own handling of documents.

Here is a fact check of 10 of the indictment-related claims Trump has made since the 37 federal charges against him were unsealed on Friday.

A toppled box at Mar-a-Lago

In his speech in Georgia on Saturday, Trump mentioned a photo that was included in the indictment. The photo, which was taken at Mar-a-Lago, shows a toppled box from which papers had spilled out onto the floor.

Trump said: “I looked – it looked so orderly and nice. Somehow somebody turned over one of the boxes. Did you see that? I said, ‘I wonder who did that? Did the FBI do that?’”

Facts First: The suggestion that it’s even possible that the FBI might have turned over this box is nonsense. According to the indictment, the photo was taken in December 2021 by Trump aide and accused co-conspirator Walt Nauta, who the indictment says texted the photo to another Trump employee with the words “I opened the door and found this…” The FBI did not execute its search warrant at Mar-a-Lago until August 2022, eight months later, so it could not possibly have done the toppling.
The contents of the toppled box

In a Friday social media post, Trump also claimed that the photo of the toppled box did not show any “documents” at all: “The Box on the floor which was opened (who opened it?) clearly shows there was no ‘documents,’ but rather newspapers, personal pictures, etc. WITCH HUNT!” He said in the speech in Georgia: “But the box that was turned over – it had newspapers, it had pictures, it had clippings, it had all sorts of things. Nobody saw any documents there.”

Facts First: Trump’s claim that nobody saw any “documents” in the photo of the toppled box is false. While the photo does show newspapers and pictures among the materials that had spilled onto the Mar-a-Lago floor, the photo also clearly shows other unidentified papers in the pile – one of which prosecutors allege was classified and labeled with markings making clear it was releasable only to the members of an intelligence alliance composed of the US and four other countries.

The indictment says prosecutors redacted the “visible classified information” from the photo. While the indictment did not explicitly say which of the pieces of paper shown in the photo was the classified document, it is possible that it is the document with a dark rectangular bar, a common redaction method, across the top of the page.

It is theoretically possible that Trump himself did not see this document amid the mess depicted in the photo. But it’s not true that “nobody” saw any documents.
The charges against Trump

In the Georgia speech, Trump said of the 37 federal charges on which he was indicted in the documents case: “They take one charge, and they turn it into 36 charges. You saw that. Everybody was amazed. Lawyers on television … they’re not usually the best lawyers, but some are very good – they say, ‘We’ve never seen anything like it; they took one charge, and they made it 36 different times.’”

Facts First: These Trump remarks are both false and misleading. They are false because it’s not true that Trump was hit with the same “one charge” 36 times. Of the 37 charges in the federal indictment, 31 are for allegedly violating the same statute, against “willful retention of national defense information,” but each charge is for allegedly retaining a different classified document. The six other offenses are different: conspiracy to obstruct justice, withholding a document or record, corruptly concealing a document or record, concealing a document in a federal investigation, scheme to conceal, and making false statements and representations. And Trump’s remarks are misleading because, while it’s not clear what he may have heard a lawyer say on television, it is normal, not unprecedented, for defendants to face a separate charge for each classified document they are accused of illegally retaining.

Brandon Van Grack, a national security lawyer and former Justice Department official who previously worked on the Mueller investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election, said in a Sunday email that it is “very common” for people accused of unlawfully retaining multiple documents to face multiple counts. He noted, for example, that the 2017 indictment of former National Security Agency contractor Harold Martin “had twenty different counts for twenty different classified documents.”

It’s worth noting that Trump could have conceivably faced far more than 31 charges for willfully retaining national defense information; the indictment says 102 documents with classification markings were found during the August 2022 search of Mar-a-Lago, 38 other such documents were returned by Trump in June 2022 in response to a subpoena, and 197 more were returned by Trump in January 2022 “after months of demands” from the National Archives and Records Administration. As is also standard, prosecutors used their discretion to file charges over only some of the documents.
Trump’s dealings with the National Archives and Records Administration

In the Georgia speech, Trump made this claim: “As a former president, we were negotiating with the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), just as every other president has done, and the next thing I knew, Mar-a-Lago was raided by gun-toting FBI agents.”

Facts First: These claims, too, are false in one way and highly misleading in another. It’s not true that Trump was negotiating “just as every other president has done”; no other ex-president since the Presidential Records Act took effect with President Ronald Reagan’s records in the 1980s has engaged in anything like Trump’s protracted post-presidency refusal to return official documents sought by NARA – which the Presidential Records Act requires to be in NARA’s custody and control the moment a president leaves office.

And Trump’s narrative about what transpired with the federal effort to get the documents back – that he was supposedly conducting standard negotiations with NARA and then, all of a sudden, his resort was raided by the FBI – is highly misleading because it omits numerous critical facts. The court-approved search of Mar-a-Lago did not occur until more than a year after NARA first began seeking the return of records from Trump. The former president didn’t mention that he failed to return all the records, not only when he was repeatedly asked by NARA but even when he was served with a Justice Department subpoena in May 2022.
Trump and the Presidential Records Act

Trump claimed in North Carolina that he had abided by the Presidential Records Act: “And we had a great – we had a wonderful operation, everything by the Presidential Records Act.”

Facts First: This is false. The Presidential Records Act says that all presidential records belong to the federal government the moment the president leaves office. By having official records at Mar-a-Lago after his presidency, Trump was in clear contravention of the law.

The key sentence from the Presidential Records Act is unequivocal: “Upon the conclusion of a President’s term of office, or if a President serves consecutive terms upon the conclusion of the last term, the Archivist of the United States shall assume responsibility for the custody, control, and preservation of, and access to, the Presidential records of that President.”

Jason R. Baron, former director of litigation at NARA, said in a Sunday email: “Under the Presidential Records Act, not a single document pertaining to the official business of the White House – classified or unclassified – should have been carted off to Mar-A-Lago. President Trump might consider such records to be ‘his,’ but they are not.”
A previous photo from the investigation

After baselessly musing in the Georgia speech about whether the FBI had been responsible for toppling the box seen in the indictment photo, Trump also made a claim about a different photo that federal prosecutors had included in a court filing in August. That photo showed multiple papers with classification markings spread out on a Mar-a-Lago floor.

Trump said of the FBI: “Because they also did something where they put documents all over the floor. So they took pictures. And they tried to pretend like I did it. And then they had to apologize – they did it.”

Facts First: It is not true that the FBI or Justice Department “had to apologize” for the photo they included in the August court filing. They did not apologize at all. It is standard procedure, as The New York Times and Insider reported at the time, for investigators to lay out and photograph evidence they have discovered after executing a search warrant.

It is true that some observers who saw the photo in the August court filing initially believed that it showed how the FBI had found the documents rather than merely how the agency had laid them out on the floor. However, the FBI and Justice Department never falsely described the photo. The court filing said that the photo showed certain documents and cover sheets that had been “recovered from a container” in a Trump office, not that the documents had been found on the floor – and, regardless, no apology ever came despite Trump’s repeated complaints at the time.
The documents found at Mar-a-Lago

In a social media post on Friday, Trump returned to his familiar claim that the FBI likely planted evidence amid the material found at Mar-a-Lago.

“When the FBI raided Mar-a-Lago, they wouldn’t let my lawyers or representatives anywhere near them. They wouldn’t tell us what they took. Knowing them, and based on past performance, they probably later ‘stuffed’ in other documents,” he wrote.

Facts First: Neither Trump nor any of his allies has provided one iota of evidence that anyone planted anything at Mar-a-Lago or amid the items seized at Mar-a-Lago. Despite Trump’s own claims, the former president’s legal team has never argued in a court filing that the FBI planted evidence – even when the legal team was given an explicit opportunity to do so after the FBI released an official inventory listing what it had found. And it is routine, not suspicious, for searches to be conducted without outside witnesses such as lawyers being in the room; lawyers for the person under investigation don’t have a right to watch.

Before an appeals court shut down a special master review of the seized items in late 2022, Trump’s lawyers had resisted the special master’s requirement that they state in a sworn court declaration whether they believed the official inventory included items that were not actually seized from Mar-a-Lago – in other words, if they believed phony items were inserted into the evidence. A judge then ruled that they didn’t have to make this declaration.
Biden and the indictment

Trump claimed in in North Carolina: “You’re watching Joe Biden try to jail his leading political opponent. Think of it – this is like third world country stuff.”

Facts First: This claim is not supported by any evidence. There is no sign that Biden has been involved in the decision to criminally investigate or prosecute Trump; ordinary citizens on a Florida grand jury voted to indict Trump, and the prosecution is led by a special counsel, Jack Smith. Smith was appointed in November 2022 by Attorney General Merrick Garland, a Biden appointee, but that is clearly not proof that Biden was involved in the prosecution effort.

Biden said Friday that he had not spoken to Garland on the subject and was “not going to speak with him.”
Biden’s Senate records

As he did repeatedly in the weeks prior to the indictment, Trump used the Georgia speech to attack Biden’s own handling of official documents – and to repeat, without explanation, that Biden has “1,850 boxes.”

“Think of it: 1,850 boxes. Mine is peanuts,” Trump said.

Facts First: Trump’s comparison is highly misleading. The approximately 1,850 boxes that Biden legally and properly donated in 2012 to the University of Delaware are a collection of records from his 36 years in the US Senate. Unlike presidents, whose official records are property of the federal government under the Presidential Records Act, senators own their offices’ records and can do whatever they want with them – donate them to colleges, keep them at their homes, give them to journalists, even throw them in the trash.

In addition, there is no current evidence that these boxes of Biden documents contain any classified documents; Biden consented to two FBI searches at the university that did not initially appear to turn up any documents with classified markings, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN’s Paula Reid in February, though the papers were still being analyzed at the time.

Margaret Kwoka, a law professor at The Ohio State University and an expert on information law, said in a Friday email that “any comparison between congressional records and presidential records is an apples-to-oranges comparison. The legal requirements are entirely different between the two.”

You can read a longer fact check here about the repository of Senate documents at the University of Delaware.
Biden’s cooperation with investigators

Trump tried once more to turn the tables on Biden, who is himself under an ongoing special counsel investigation for his handling of classified documents. In the Georgia speech, Trump said, “He’s got boxes all over the place, he doesn’t know what the hell to do with them, and he’s fighting them on the boxes. He doesn’t want to give the boxes.” Later in the speech, Trump said Biden “has so many classified documents,” but “he’s trying to prevent them from seeing it – that’s obstruction. But we didn’t do any obstruction.”

Facts First: This is false. There is no evidence that Biden is “fighting” federal investigators or that he has committed “obstruction.” Biden has consented to FBI searches at the University of Delaware (where, again, the “boxes” Trump keeps invoking are stored), his two Delaware homes, and his former think tank office in Washington. Biden’s team has also promptly handed over classified documents to federal authorities upon themselves discovering such documents at properties used by Biden – unlike Trump, who fought and then allegedly obstructed efforts from NARA and the Justice Department to secure the return of classified documents from him.

This was not a one-time overstatement by Trump. He has repeatedly and falsely accused Biden of committing obstruction and of refusing to allow anyone to see the boxes at the university.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/13/politics/fact-check-trump-federal-documents-indictment/index.html

We can see where the falsehoods posted in this thread came from. Straight out of trump's mouth. How much more will it take until they stop believing him?

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by mac

The problem becomes when you split the remaining half of Republican votes between a multitude of other candidates running for the 2024 presidential nomination, trump still wins.

#gmstrong
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
I don't know what you saw, but "the Donald" asked his minions to demonstrate outside the courthouse.....DUH!!! I saw maybe 50 folks.....MAYBE people are finally understanding what a "...." they are backing- four letter word with either a S or T.....prison time coming. Many key Republicans spewing "double standard"...no mug shot, immediately flies off to NJ....normal citizen, right!!! Military members would have been in jail awaiting trial years ago.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg

There is another thought I heard brought up about why so few charges and that's perhaps because they wanted as few of the documents viewed publicaly as possible. Thus cutting the hundreds down to 31.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I said that yesterday. 102 documents 31 charges, some documents really really classified.

It could be because other agencies did not want the fact that Donald threw them in a box and took the home to Mar-A-Lago to sit on a stage, be known to our friends as well and enemies.

He took the good stuff... you know the really interesting stuff that should have been locked up.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Originally Posted by mac

The problem becomes when you split the remaining half of Republican votes between a multitude of other candidates running for the 2024 presidential nomination, trump still wins.

I have no doubt that Trump will win the nomination.. He's the leading candidate and will remain so no matter what. The question is, who will be the last person standing that comes in second?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
I said that yesterday. 102 documents 31 charges, some documents really really classified.

It could be because other agencies did not want the fact that Donald threw them in a box and took the home to Mar-A-Lago to sit on a stage, be known to our friends as well and enemies.

He took the good stuff... you know the really interesting stuff that should have been locked up.

Yup, I agree..100%

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by mac

I have no doubt that Trump will win the nomination.. He's the leading candidate and will remain so no matter what. The question is, who will be the last person standing that comes in second?

0% chance Trump wins.

Republicans are over him.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by mac

0% chance Trump wins.

Yes because vegas is notorious for being so very wrong.....

https://www.oddschecker.com/us/poli...ntial-election-2024/republican-candidate

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
Originally Posted by mac

0% chance Trump wins.

How many years are we gonna hear this same tired lie?

- Theodore Roosevelt
M
Legend
Legend
M

Pence's comments on the topic.

Tackles are tackles.
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Cracks in Trump support wall---Rep. Ken Buck has also said he would not back Trump if he is convicted.

"Let's just look at Donald Trump's words in 2016. He said that Hillary Clinton was unfit for the White House because of the way she handled classified information," he said. "I think his words have set the standard that America will look at in determining whether he is fit for president."

He should be toast, maybe he will be.....time will tell. Reality- he can't beat anyone with his baggage.

Legend
Legend
“This is secret information. Look, look at this”.

Y’all know how rappers get arrested for self snitching on themselves in music or social media?

It’s this bad. Hilariously, pathetically, bad.

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Yeah, it's odd how Pence claimed that "nobody is above the law", goes on to say how egregious the things trump did were, then states that trump shouldn't be indicted for what he did. Very odd. Even his words about trump will have his day in court. How can he have his day in court if, as Pence suggests, he never gets indicted for what he has done?

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Most of you guys will like this, now available:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Pence is a wet piece of Wonderbread.

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

With a drizzle of Mayo on it.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Originally Posted by PortlandDawg

More like dry ass generic WHITE bread from the discount state… er store.

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Stale bread has more structure/spine than Pence. Hence my comparison to a wet piece of bread. Soft. Structureless/spineless. Unable to hold up under its own weight.

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: OldColdDawg
O
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
O
Dry is his entire persona. Cringy religious overtones with nothing of substance below. I didn’t like Pence before he was given the VP nod. My cousin who passed with covid was a die hard Indiana Pence supporter. Before Trump, he wanted Pence to be POTUS. That would be an express ticket to hand maid’s tale dystopia.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pence has the backbone of a jellyfish…

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Pence has the backbone of a jellyfish…

how else is he supposed to bend over backwards to serve as trump's human meat shield?

- Theodore Roosevelt
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He stopped trumps grand plan and stood up for the constitution. Thats more than I can say for the majority of republicans.

Joe Thomas #73
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Most of you guys will like this, now available:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

In general I'm a fan of any prosecutor that roots out people who are a national security risk and have shared top secret documents with people not qualified to see them. And it's a stroke of genius when they have an audio tape of the suspect admitting it. Sounds like a slam dunk case.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
I'm already tired of hearing about Trump. I swear, the world hinges on this guy. I'm so over it already.

No Craps Given
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Trump indicted in Florida on documents case, 7 counts

Link Copied to Clipboard