Next Thread
Print Thread
#2018521 06/15/23 10:59 PM
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Pass protection is stopping defenders from sacking your @uarterback.

five primarily responsible for your pass protection.

Five, your coaching staff by making it a part of the gameplan and a focus all year.
4. your RB's and WR's by picking up a blitz, and by helping out with improvisation of routes when the @B is in trouble.
3. The @uarterback himself is responsible because only he can decide to throw it away, or take a sack instead of a turnover when the time comes.
2. The TE's pass blocking
number One the Offensive lines pass blocking.

Finally Pass protection is the responsibility of the officials getting roughing the passer calls right,
and
Your own defenders not physically giving the Refs the opportunity to harm your team with an untimely roughing the passer biased call.

Cincinnati
at Pittsburgh on MNF
Tennessee
and Baltimore.
Pass Protection will be super important if the Browns are going to have success in the win loss column.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
https://theathletic.com/3708858/2022/10/22/nfl-pass-protection-rankings/
this ranking is a look at a 6 game period from 202I.

It claims but doesn't show that teams that protect the @uarterback the best win more.
either way...

In a coming Monday Night Football game with a presumably healthy TJ Watt and Cam Heyward, in Pittsburgh... Pass protection will be important.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I agree and I feel we need to pick up a veteran or 2 at the OT position. We have been susceptible to injuries at that position. I also feel we need another DT and an experienced LB.

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
I would think it is more about practice than adding players after June I8th.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Oh Throw, you know an elite QB gets the ball out in under 2.5 seconds… rolleyes

T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Well the only @uarterback, I can think of, who throughout his whole career was fast enough to not need an OL, because of his @uick release was the retired hall of famer who is so obvious his name goes without saying, and I don't mean Joe Theisman.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Marino, and 2.5 only for West Coast O?...long throws take longer. I hope our run game slows them down.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
B
Legend
Legend
B
J/C No qb could play without a O line.

That said, the average release time is about 2.7 seconds. Obviously some plays a bit faster, others a bit slower. A quick slant might be 1.5 seconds. A crossing route might be 4 seconds.

A qb's quick release isn't how long it takes from snap to the release of the ball. It's how long it takes the QB to actually throw the ball. Marinos release was something like .33 seconds. Obviously the entirety of the time from snap to throw took longer than that. That is why a quick release helps, giving the QB that many more fractions to hold the ball, figuring out where they are going to throw, giving the receiver a fraction more to gain another step of separation, or fit it in to a closing window.

Last edited by Ballpeen; 06/19/23 11:08 AM.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
T
Yeah obviously, but what I meant was He could have played behind a group of backup OL and it wouldn't have hurt him most of the time because he always knew where to go with the ball and was so adept at being so fast to get rid of the ball.

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Pass Protection

Link Copied to Clipboard