Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
M
Legend
Legend
M
30 people shot in mass shooting at south Baltimore block party, 2 dead
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/mass-shooting-gretna-court-south-baltimore/44407826

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
https://www.wbaltv.com/article/mass-shooting-gretna-court-south-baltimore/44407826

Very much not a nice area. I am sure Mayor Scott will use swear words to show how mad he is at lawful gun owners.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Sounds like a great excuse........ for this one.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Sounds like a great excuse........ for this one.

That people horrible areas often settle differences with violence?

Or for the mayor to swear to show his disdain for legal gun owners that had nothing to do with this?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
These days people from all areas settle differences with gun violence. It's not just bad areas. Pay attention.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Can we all at least agree on one thing? NOT EVERYONE SHOULD OWN A GUN OR EVEN HAVE ACCESS TO ONE! No matter where you live.

Last edited by Damanshot; 07/02/23 11:30 AM.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
These days people from all areas settle differences with gun violence. It's not just bad areas. Pay attention.

And it is quiet clear there are areas where violence of any kind is more prevalent.

But gas light more.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
More people create more violence. It's a numbers thing.

#gmstrong
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
In the Baltimore shooting, three are still in critical and (4) were admitted to Pediatric ER

There was also a shooting in a Wichita club last night-7 shot and another 2 were trampled in the rush to get out.
The police say that there were shots from 4 different weapons inside the club and they confiscated another 4 weapons off of other people who were packing but didn't fire.
going back to the wild west

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker

Umm.. yes... Without people there no one would commit violence.

In other news lack of air makes an environment inhabitable for humans. And water, surprisingly, is still wet.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
At least you have shown you are capable of grasping elemental facts. At least in some cases.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
At least you have shown you are capable of grasping elemental facts. At least in some cases.

Just because you seem to lose grip on reality doesn't mean the rest of have. Don't try to project your own inadequacies on other people

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I don't need to project when you post it. All i have to do is point it out.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

For some, concepts such as population density are easy to ignore.

#inconvinientfax

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Then you have those who get it but refuse to point it out because it doesn't suit their agenda. Then they try to paint you as being the one who is dense when you point it out. We've seen that tired old strategy before.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by FrankZ

Very much not a nice area. I am sure Mayor Scott will use swear words to show how mad he is at lawful gun owners.

Some neighbors interviewed Sunday said that they did not want to be identified out of fear for their safety.

The community has gotten less safe in the past five years, she said: “Not a day goes by we don’t hear shots.”

“Innocent kids keep getting hurt,” he said, eyes brimming with tears.

Two other residents said there were two earlier mentions of someone having a gun during the party, before the shooting, but both times, the DJ defused it and told people to come back.

seems to be gang-related

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by superbowldogg
seems to be gang-related

I'd not be at all surprised with the area it is. Of course Baltimore made national news for the guns in the city jail that gang members carried.

Legend
Legend
seems to be gang-related

I'd not be at all surprised with the area it is. Of course Baltimore made national news for the guns in the city jail that gang members carried.

What!?!

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg
seems to be gang-related

What!?!

A Google search yields no stories of gang members carrying guns while inside prison. Maybe my Google is broken or maybe someone got suckered by a blend of media bias and confirmation bias. Idk

The more things change the more they stay the same.
Legend
Legend
Philly: 5 dead, 2 injured...Yesterday

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Philly: 5 dead, 2 injured...Yesterday

The Philly shooting was somebody in a bulletproof vest carrying an AR-15 with a pistol walking randomly across 8 blocks picking people off.
The two that were injured were age 2 and 13.

N
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
N
Also last night, 3 dead and another 8 injured in Fort Worth shooting

M
Legend
Legend
M
I'm sure victims friends and family will take comfort from 'thoughts and prayers' from most Republicans. Some of them probably mean it too.

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by mgh888
I'm sure victims friends and family will take comfort from 'thoughts and prayers' from most Republicans. Some of them probably mean it too.

Screw you man.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
M
Legend
Legend
M
Truth can be inconvenient and slap you in the face sometimes.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Screw you man.

I recognize you don't like hearing that, so I'll tell you what I told my gun toting republican friends that I have breakfast with each week,,,,,,,You don't like it, do something about it! Other than thoughts and prayers that is.

Are you a member of the NRA? Force them to do something about it. If you can't, then you are on the wrong team....

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
M
Legend
Legend
M
You don't like it, do something about it!

Oh, the irony.

Tackles are tackles.
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
A Google search yields no stories of gang members carrying guns while inside prison. Maybe my Google is broken or maybe someone got suckered by a blend of media bias and confirmation bias. Idk

Back in 2013 it is one of the things that was part of the outrage about the other things that happened in the Tavon "I own this jail" White scandle. I don't wonder if it was a case of being first not right in reporting. I don't see anything about it any more. I do remember when it first broke people here were all gnashing of teeth over it and my dad called me from SC to talk about it. Then poof.. gone.

They did install new screens in 2018 to protect against inmates "fishing" in contraband, including weapons. I don't know what weapons means other than weapons.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
New link

An armed employee stops someone with a rifle in Vegas. Good on him.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It's a rather odd set of circumstances. After every mass shooting, well depending on where it happens and who is involved for some people, they send thoughts and prayers. Then within a day or two another mass shooting occurs. Yet it when it's pointed out that their thoughts and prayers are doing nothing to help stop or prevent mass shootings, they get offended and outraged. Speaking of irony.

In the Baltimore shooting you don't see thoughts and prayers sent. All you see is "It was gang related." They provide their own evidence that it has nothing to do with how many corpses are involved or how high the body count is in terms of mass shootings in our nation. They only care about certain corpses in the stack. And even then, other than thoughts and prayers many of them are willing to do nothing in terms of actually addressing the problem.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
New link

An armed employee stops someone with a rifle in Vegas. Good on him.

Geez, where was this guy or one like him when those kids were killed in Uvelde? Hell, even the police were afraid to go in on that day.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
Legend
Legend
You don't like it, do something about it!

Oh, the irony.

What Irony?

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Those police didn't deserve to be wearing a badge. And that's the thing. Nobody actually knows how they would react until they are faced with such a situation even though they think they do. When you create laws that allow anyone to carry a gun without so much as basic gun training, you have no idea if a "good guy with a gun" can even hit the broad side of a barn. Who knows who will get hit with the gunfire when they try to play the hero?

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Philadelphia mass shooting suspect told police he did it to clean up the neighborhood, sources say

The man accused of fatally shooting five people in Philadelphia on Monday night told police in sum and substance that he carried out the attack to clean up the neighborhood, two law enforcement sources told CNN.

Authorities are also investigating a since-deleted social media page believed to belong to the accused gunman, 40-year-old Kimbrady Carriker, that includes a series of posts about guns, the Second Amendment and the “loss of freedoms,” according to a law enforcement source.

The most recent public post on the page was made at 10:49 a.m. ET Monday and showed a video advertisement for a tactical weapons accessories company. The video shows a man in tactical gear, holding what appears to be a military-style rifle.

In May, Carriker shared posts from pro-gun groups supporting former President Donald Trump and the Second Amendment. In June, he shared a mocking video of a speech by President Joe Biden and added his view that Biden was trying to “take our arms.”

He posted on the same day, “The only thing more terrifying than blindness is being the only one who can see.”

Also, other witnesses said Carriker had been exhibiting “abnormal behavior for quite a while,” Philadelphia Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore said at a news conference Wednesday.

Other people who lived in the same house “thought he was getting more and more agitated as the days were passing,” Pescatore said.

There were seven other people living in that house with Carriker, according to Assistant District Attorney Bob Wainwright.

In a court hearing Wednesday, Carriker was arraigned on charges of murder, attempted murder, assault, reckless endangerment and weapons charges, and he was ordered held without bail. He was not required to enter a plea.

The details about the suspect’s background come two days after he appeared to fire randomly along several blocks of southwest Philadelphia’s Kingsessing neighborhood.

Officers arrested Carriker during a chase on foot, and he had an AR-style rifle, a 9 mm handgun, a scanner that tracks emergency response radio traffic and was wearing a bulletproof vest and ski mask, authorities said.

Wainwright said it appears only the rifle was fired during the rampage.

Investigators found a will written in the suspect’s handwriting and dated June 23 when executing a search of his home, according to Wainwright. He said the will did not describe any plans to carry out the shooting, to his knowledge.

Investigators also found a .380-caliber handgun, ammunition and live rounds that matched ammunition found at the scene of the shooting, Wainwright said.

The shooting is one of at least 350 mass shootings in the US so far this year, according to the Gun Violence Archive. CNN and the archive define a mass shooting as one in which four or more people are shot, not including the shooter. In addition, at least three people died and eight were wounded in a shooting Monday night in Fort Worth, Texas, and two people were killed and 28 were injured in a shooting in Baltimore the day before.

Rifle and handgun taken from suspect were ghost guns, police say

Both the AR-style rifle and 9 mm handgun in Carriker’s possession were privately made weapons known as ghost guns, Philadelphia Police Deputy Commissioner of Investigations Frank Vanore said Wednesday.

The firearms didn’t have any markings and are not traceable, Vanore added.

Mayor Jim Kenney told CNN’s “The Lead with Jake Tapper” that ghost gun confiscations have increased 300% in the past three years.

Kits from which the guns are made are sold online without the buyer needing a background check and without serial numbers on the parts, he said.

“This is like a level of insanity that no one should ever deal with,” the Democratic mayor said.

Posts about perceived loss of freedoms

On his Facebook page, Carriker posted pictures of armed protesters dressed as Black Panthers taken at a 2020 Atlanta protest. He posted that they were “exercising their first and second amendment” rights.

There was also a meme featuring photos of actor Wesley Snipes dressed as the vampire hunter from “Blade” and as the drag queen Noxeema from the movie “To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.” Above Snipes as Blade, the caption read, “Me at BLM protest.” Above Snipes as Noxeema, it read, “Me at pride.”

Posts about perceived loss of freedoms

On his Facebook page, Carriker posted pictures of armed protesters dressed as Black Panthers taken at a 2020 Atlanta protest. He posted that they were “exercising their first and second amendment” rights.

There was also a meme featuring photos of actor Wesley Snipes dressed as the vampire hunter from “Blade” and as the drag queen Noxeema from the movie “To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar.” Above Snipes as Blade, the caption read, “Me at BLM protest.” Above Snipes as Noxeema, it read, “Me at pride.”

The page has references to God and prayer posted in the last week, including a passage from the book of Isaiah posted by Carriker that begins, “I alone am the Lord, the only one who can save you.” Another post quotes Nehemiah: “But we prayed to our God and guarded the city day and night to protect ourselves.”

In one post, he complained about what he believed was a loss of freedom. And in a repost this week, he pinned a quote that read, “So often we accept the loss of freedoms in the name of safety. But we never feel any safer and we never get the freedoms back.”

He griped in a June 20 about crime in the community. “During community patrols I have notice a big shame. So many of our 50 + 60 + 70 year old elders are influencing the youth negatively. They are without a doubt promoting and participating in robbing, prostitution, scamming, and murder.”

There are also a slew of inconsequential and humorous memes.

The Philadelphia Public Defender’s Office, which is representing Carriker, said it would not be commenting on the case at this time.

Victims were between 15 and 59 years old

Killed in the shooting were Daujan Brown, 15; Lashyd Merritt, 20; Dymir Stanton, 29; Ralph Moralis, 59; and Joseph Wamah Jr., 31, police said. Wamah’s body was found in a home early Tuesday, while the others were found Monday night, authorities said.

Two boys, ages 2 and 13, were shot in the legs and were in stable condition, police said. A 33-year-old woman and another 2-year-old boy were injured by glass, authorities said.

The two 2-year-old children are twins who were in a car with their mom when shots were fired at them, authorities indicated at a news conference Tuesday.

“On what was supposed to be a beautiful summer evening, this armed and armored individual wreaked havoc, firing with a rifle at their victims seemingly at random,” Police Commissioner Danielle Outlaw said in a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Carriker had a previous gun conviction, Philadelphia District Attorney Larry Krasner told CNN on Wednesday.

The shooting was a “random, premeditated deliberate killing carried out with an assault rifle,” Krasner added.

“This was someone who set out to kill strangers which of course has become way too common in the United States,” Krasner said. The suspect “appeared to have no connection to any of the victims,” he said, and the victims did not appear to have connections with each other.

He said there was good reason to believe the AR-15 and other gun “may have been obtained illegally.” The investigation into the legality of the gun will take time, he said, “partly … because the NRA has done a hell of a job trying to make it difficult for people to investigate the source of a weapon.”

“He had a gun conviction back in 2003, and yet here we are looking at, you know, five people dead as a result of a mass shooting rampage, where he was well-armed and had another firearm back at his residence,” Krasner added.

The district attorney’s office initially referred to the suspect using they/them pronouns, based on information it had at the time, it said. The DA’s office is now referring to the suspect as a male.

‘You took my son’

Marie Merritt is grieving the loss of the youngest of her five children – Lashyd Merritt – who was among those killed Monday.

Her son was heading to a store to buy a snack when he was shot, Marie Merritt told CNN affiliate WPVI.

“You took my son. You took my baby,” she told the outlet. “He was my prize. He was my No. 1 prize, and he knows that. … I miss him so much.”

Investigators believe Wamah, the victim who was found dead inside a home in Kingsessing, was the first person killed in the shooting, authorities said Tuesday.

Wamah’s father found his body in a living room around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday, city police Chief Inspector Scott Small said.

Wamah had been shot several times, and responding medics declared him dead shortly after, Small said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/05/us/philadelphia-shooting-wednesday/index.html

Mah rights! Murica!

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Lunatics with AR’s ..The 2nd can be changed to prevent this. But no. God given rights for lunatics to pull it off.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
Lunatics with AR’s ..The 2nd can be changed to prevent this. But no. God given rights for lunatics to pull it off.

They should ban suicide first. Gun deaths would decrease significantly.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Yeah, like they banned murder? Like the war on drugs?

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Teens among at least 8 injured in shooting at Texas party, police say

At least eight people ages 15 to 18 were injured in a shooting after an argument broke out between two groups at a house party in El Paso, Texas, authorities said Saturday.

The shooting happened Friday night at a house where El Paso city police said over a hundred people were in attendance by the time officers arrived, according to a statement.

“The investigation revealed there was a party being held at a residence and uninvited guests arrived to the party,” the news release stated.

As an argument began, a shooter began firing into the crowd, striking several people, authorities said.

Several people were fleeing when officers arrived, police said. The department’s gang unit responded to assist with the investigation.

The shooting victims included two 16-year-old girls, three 16-year-old boys and a 15-year-old girl, according to police.

Two 18-year-olds also were hurt, police said.

Six of those injured were transported to hospitals with non life-threatening injuries, according to police.

The shooting is among over 360 mass shootings to occur in the United States so far in 2023, according to the Gun Violence Archive.

There have been 2,146 US shootings this year where children ages 12 to 17 have been injured, the archive’s data shows.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/07/08/us/e...O66ufPWd7PbiAxNeikyVUQNBfMBHhvbL6VlDvovw

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
9 wounded in Cleveland mass shooting; manhunt for gunman underway

John Bacon and Jorge L. Ortiz, USA TODAY
Sun, July 9, 2023 at 9:21 AM EDT

A gunman opened fire on a crowd of people in Cleveland early Sunday, wounding nine before fleeing the scene.

Officers on duty in the city's historic Warehouse District responded at about 2:30 a.m. and provided medical aid, Police Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia said in a Facebook post. The victims were rushed to a local hospital.

Police Chief Wayne Drummond said seven men and two women ages 23 to 38 were struck. One person was seriously wounded and the rest had minor injuries, he said. No fatalities were immediately reported.

At an early-afternoon news conference Sunday, Drummond said officers were patrolling the area before the incident occurred but have not ascertained what led to it.

“We’re not sure what happened,'' Drummond said. "We have no information at least right now from our investigators that there was any type of issue or concern or trouble.''

Ciaccia said investigators are reviewing evidence and video and interviewing victims as they try to get information that may lead them to the perpetrator.

The Warehouse District is a popular night spot featuring trendy shops, restaurants, bars and nightclubs.

Mass killing database: Revealing trends, details and anguish of every US event since 2006

How many mass shootings have taken place in 2023?

The shooting rampage is the latest in a series of mass shootings that has made 2023 one of the most violent on record. The Gun Violence Archive says more than 365 mass shootings have taken place so far this year. Gun violence has taken the lives of more than 22,000 Americans in 2023, according to the group.

Cleveland Mayor Justin Bibb said he's working to boost police staffing in the city, but he argued that's not enough to counter rampant gun violence across the country because of the lack of stricter gun laws.

“We need better legislation at the state and federal level to get illegal guns off our streets,'' Bibb said. "The (Ohio) Legislature has taken the power away from mayors to keep our communities safe.’’

https://www.yahoo.com/news/9-wounded-cleveland-mass-shooting-132131810.html

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
Legend
Legend
Living in a country that allows any lunatic to have an AR. What could possibly go wrong?

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus Mass Shootings part... I've lost count...

Link Copied to Clipboard