Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
O
Legend
Legend
O
I saw a display of them at Ollies this past weekend, $19 queens and $29.kings. LMAO, maybe he shouldn’t have backed a traitorous loser and invested so much ad money in the loser news stations.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
It's called free market. It's not worth it to be associated with one of the main guys funding the clown show.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
P
Legend
Legend
P
Swish mentioned Tuberville holding up military promotions. But that's not all he's been in the news for over the past week.......

WASHINGTON (AP) — Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville on Tuesday backed off his defense of white nationalists, telling reporters in the Capitol that white nationalists “are racists.”

Tuberville’s brief comment in the hallway, after a regular weekly lunch with his GOP Senate colleagues, follows several media interviews in which he has repeatedly declined to describe white nationalists as racist. And it comes as the Alabama Republican is also receiving criticism from both Republicans and Democrats for his monthslong blockade on the confirmation of all senior military officers in protest of a Defense Department abortion policy.

In a May interview, Tuberville suggested that the Biden administration’s efforts to expand diversity in the military were weakening the force and hampering recruitment, though the Army has said that the real problem is that many young people do not see enlistment as safe or a good career path.

“We are losing in the military so fast. Our readiness in terms of recruitment,” Tuberville told the Alabama radio station WBHM. “And why? I’ll tell you why. Because the Democrats are attacking our military, saying we need to get out the white extremists, the white nationalists, people that don’t believe in our agenda.”

When asked if he believed white nationalists should be allowed in the U.S. military, Tuberville responded: “Well, they call them that. I call them Americans.”

After that interview, Tuberville said his comments had been misinterpreted. His office said he had been expressing skepticism at the idea that white nationalists were in the armed services.

“Democrats portray all Trump people as white nationalists. That’s what I was saying,” Tuberville said.

He added: “There’s a lot of good people that are Trump supporters that for some reason my Democratic colleagues want to portray as white nationalists. That’s not true.”

But he continued to equivocate on the issue. In an interview Monday, Tuberville told CNN’s Kaitlin Collins that white nationalists “have different beliefs. But if racism is one of those beliefs, I’m totally against it. I am totally against racism.”

Collins said white nationalists are racist. “That’s your opinion,” he responded.

On Tuesday, Tuberville was asked if he wanted to clarify those remarks. “White nationalists are racist,” he responded, without elaborating.

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups, says that white nationalist groups focus on the inferiority of non-white people and that their primary goal is to create “a white ethnostate.” The group says the number of white nationalist groups reached a historic high in 2019, during Donald Trump’s presidency.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said on the Senate floor Tuesday morning that Tuberville should apologize.

“The definition of white nationalism is not a matter of opinion,” Schumer said. “White nationalism — the ideology that one race is inherently superior to others, that people of color should be segregated, subjected and relegated to second-class citizenship — is racist down to its rotten core.”

Hours after Schumer’s speech, when Tuberville told reporters that he believes white nationalists are racist, he also declined to apologize for his earlier comments. “No, he needs to apologize,” Tuberville said of Schumer.

Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell also denounced the ideology.

“White supremacy is simply unacceptable in the military and in our whole country,” McConnell said Tuesday when asked about Tuberville’s comments.

https://apnews.com/article/tubervil...a_k0ANOI2n8JEePJdT7WcFgxGmQUd5_wHNNV0dsg

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Keep in mind this is also the same guy who said the three branches of Government are the House, the Senate and the Executive...

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
Steve Bannon ordered to pay his lawyers almost $500,000 in fees

Bannon's former attorneys allege he stiffed them on more than $480,000 in fees after they helped him secure a pardon from former President Donald Trump.

A New York judge has ordered former Trump adviser Steve Bannon to pay almost $500,000 to lawyers who allege he stiffed them after they helped him land a pardon from his former boss.

The law firm of Davidoff Hutcher & Citron filed suit against Bannon in February, alleging the "War Room" podcaster owed them $480,487.87 in unpaid fees for their work in numerous legal matters, including two federal criminal cases and a subpoena from the House committee that was investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol.

The firm started representing Bannon in November 2020, after he was indicted in federal court in New York for allegedly taking part in a scheme to defraud donors who wanted to build a wall along the southern U.S. border.

Bannon's co-defendants were convicted, but he never stood trial in that case because he was pardoned by Trump in the final hours of his presidency.

The presidential pardon "was secured through the aid of DHC," the firm said in its lawsuit.

Bannon has since been hit with charges related to the fraud allegations by the Manhattan district attorney's office. He's scheduled to stand trial next May.

The firm also represented Bannon when he snubbed a subpoena from the Jan. 6 committee, which eventually led to his being convicted of criminal contempt of Congress. He was sentenced to four months behind bars, but the sentence was stayed while he appeals the conviction.

The firm said that it did legal work for Bannon until November 2022, and that he paid only about $375,000 out of the more than $850,000 he'd been billed.

Bannon said he told the firm to "stop working on his behalf in January 2022," a claim the firm denied.

In a ruling Friday, Justice Arlene Bluth sided with the law firm, saying it had shown that Bannon "was actively seeking" their legal representation "well after the time (January 2022) that defendant allegedly told plaintiff to stop providing legal services," and that Bannon never objected to any of their invoices.

Bannon's current lawyer, Harlan Protass, told NBC News, "The judge's decision was clearly wrong and we intend to immediately appeal."

An attorney for Davidoff Hutcher & Citron did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...pay-lawyers-almost-500000-fees-rcna93465

I won't get into the trump crime syndicate portion of it all but what's with these guys refusing to pay their bills?

Trump wouldn't pay his contractors. At least six companies had to sue Musk for not paying his bills for Twitter and now Bannon? Seems to quite a trend among these guys.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by dawglover05
Keep in mind this is also the same guy who said the three branches of Government are the House, the Senate and the Executive...

Sounds like Netanyahu in Israel.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Dumber than a sack of hair.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

Dumber than a sack of hair.

"they’re not sending their best. […] They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us." Donald Trump

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The real losers in this mess are the loyal employees of My Pillow. I mean besides Trump and Lindell that is.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
Trump Voter Sues Fox News After Tucker Carlson Lies Ruined His Life

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-voter-sues-fox-news-202030886.html

I don’t even know what to make of this.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Ha, Ha, the real losers are the American people- another example- Chairman Jordon/ and his band of idiots roasting Wray, Director of FBI- as they/idiots put forth more conspiracy theories- soon we'll be investigating the Deep/Deep/Deep State....hell, the idiot Congressmen are eating their own.....unbelievable.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
And honestly, I'd be curious to see what actual, substantive wins Jim Jordan has brought to his gerrymandered district.

Blue ostriches on crack float on milkshakes between the sidewalk titans of gurglefitz. --YTown

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Chairman Jordon/ and his band of idiots roasting Wray, Director of FBI- as they/idiots put forth more conspiracy theories-

I love Gym Jockstrap.

Best non-scripted comedy you could ask for.
Chair of endless investigations that never hit their targets. Not the slightest bit concerned about how foolish he looks, so he just keeps playing that same old record. He's the modern-day chief of the Keystone Kops. The clips tell the tale: watch the famous "Whistleblower scene," where he tried to ignore House points of order protocols, and just make rules up on the fly. Grade school backyard s#... change the rules when The Game's kickin' ya azz.

And honestly, I'd be curious to see what actual, substantive wins Jim Jordan has brought to his gerrymandered district.

From what I can tell, not much. He reps my former home town, and the folks there can't seem to point to anything he's done that actually benefits them. Which brings me to my assessment: He's another of those camera whores who spends his time on the Hill holding pointless, theatrical investigative hearings, planting himself in front of news cameras in the hallways, and going on Sunday morning talk shows. With a packed schedule like that, who has time for things like legislation? He's a trivial man in a serious job, wasting time and money while yielding trivial results.

If you can't tell- I'm not a fan.

What makes him such comedic gold is how ineffectual he is at his 'job.' He's constantly forced to punch above his intellectual weight because he's such a natural featherweight. A graduate c um laude* of Dunning-Kreuger University. C-SPAN is his worst nemesis, because it's raw camera footage with zero editing. Nothing makes you look worse than a mirror with bright lighting.

So yeah- Gym Jockstrap: laffs aplenty.

If you can't tell- I'm a big fan.

* This website's Profanity Hall Monitor censored my Latin. I had to add a space just to keep my post pure. We need some next-gen AI up in this b#, yo-

"too many notes, not enough music-"
2 members like this: Swish, GMdawg
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Amen, it is so sad for us- the American people- we got buffoons like Jordon, Greene, Trump who accomplish nearly nothing- yet spew endless stuff for what. And, other side- President who should be enjoying his golden/golden years and staying out of Depends/maybe- damn, can't we do better than this? Desantis is a mini-Trump-living in Florida- can't understand why he's butting heads with biggest employer in state. Idiot.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
Legend
Wasn't Jim Jordan the one that stated that if the Republicans regained the house, they'd investigate anything that would clear Trump? Or something like that.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
House Republicans use spending bills to push for abortion restrictions

House Republicans are pressing for abortion restrictions in government spending and must-pass policy bills, giving lawmakers a way to show their anti-abortion bonafides without putting the difficult issue to a standalone vote.

The moves set up a clash with the Senate: Democrats say they will block any poison pills, and even Republicans acknowledge the bills will need to be bipartisan.

The anti-abortion provisions are wide-ranging. Some are written into the text of the underlying legislation, while some are amendments.

They touch on the military’s reimbursement for abortion-related travel, whether Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals should provide abortions, and changes to how the abortion drug mifepristone is dispensed.

“It’s just to create division, culture, wars, etc. And they think that that’s going to distract the public from the unbelievable harm they’re doing in terms of the programmatic cuts from the services that people rely on,” Rep. Rosa DeLauro (Conn.), top Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee, told The Hill on Tuesday.

The fight over abortion access to military personnel has been playing out in the Senate for months, as Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) single-handedly stalls military promotions in protest of the Pentagon’s policy of reimbursing service members who need to travel out of state to obtain an abortion.

The policy was enacted last year in the wake of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade, which had for almost 50 years protected the federal right to an abortion.

That issue has moved to the House, where it threatens to delay a vote on the annual National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), and conservatives are pushing an amendment that would rescind the policy.

It’s unclear whether the amendment will end up as part of the larger bill, but appropriations bills have already advanced in the House with anti-abortion provisions included.

Last month, the House Appropriations Committee advanced the Food and Drug Administration spending bill, which included a provision rolling back a policy that allows pharmacists to dispense mifepristone — one of the drugs used in medication abortion — and for it to be sent to patients by mail.

The full committee also advanced the annual Military Construction and Veterans Affairs funding bill that banned VA medical centers from performing any abortions or gender-affirming care.

The VA said last year that medical facilities would offer abortion access to veterans and eligible dependents “in cases that endanger the life or health of an individual,” even in states that ban abortion without exceptions.

In a statement tied to the anniversary of the Supreme Court ending Roe, the GOP Appropriations Committee majority celebrated the anti-abortion provisions included in the bills.

One year after Roe v. Wade was overturned, an increasing number of House Republicans are shying away from taking steps to restrict abortion at the national level as polls show majorities of Americans favor protecting the procedure.

The House GOP majority has seemingly abandoned plans for any national abortion ban and faced difficulty in moving even bills that cover a much narrower scope, including a measure to permanently codify and expand the Hyde Amendment, a provision that prohibits certain federal funds from being used on abortion procedures.

That bill has yet to come to the floor, with opposition from moderate House Republicans being a factor.

Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.) said that while she has not read the proposed anti-abortion NDAA amendments, she warned that Republicans shouldn’t be focusing on abortion bans, especially if the policies aren’t related to the underlying legislation.

“We shouldn’t be doing anything that’s not germane. This is an issue I’ve been very vocal on,” Mace said. “We have voted on three or four or five different abortion bills or amendments so far this year, but what have we done to protect women?”

But the effort to restrict abortions from within funding bills could allow Republicans to send a message to voters without subjecting vulnerable swing-district members to a vote.

“They know it’s unpopular, their policy position, people believe in abortion rights and reproductive rights, and so they’re trying to do things through a more hidden process,” Rep. Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) said.

Still, Republicans pushing for controversial anti-abortion policies is not new.

In 2018, House Republicans demanded a rider on the annual health spending bill that would have cut federal funding from Planned Parenthood and eliminated a federal family planning program.

But it didn’t advance in the Senate, a possibility that lawmakers on both sides acknowledge will likely happen this year as well.

“I don’t know anything that’s going on in the House, but 60 votes in the Senate, either to make room to restrict abortion or to enhance or to increase its availability?” Sen. Jerry Moran (R-Kan.), a member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, said. “I don’t know how something would pass the Senate.”

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (Wis.), top Democrat on the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Labor, Health and Human Services and Education, also isn’t anticipating any new major moves on abortion through the appropriations process.

“That is in major part because our chair and vice chair, Patty Murray (D-Wash.) and Susan Collins (R-Maine), met very early on this year,” she said. “The agreement was we’re going to try to do regular order, and that there would be no new poison pill amendments in our final bills — and that’s an agreement between the parties.”

“Remember, there’s poison pills on each side. And so, while I don’t think we’ll get rid of things that we have previously known as poison pills, [we] will not let any new ones happen,” she said.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...yqC-JYLhIg8f4QsS56BM6HGZyyekylt1hcJnAlBE

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
FBI Director Running Out of Adjectives for Nutty GOP Conspiracies

FBI Director Christopher Wray fielded hours of “absurd” questions on Wednesday from the Republican-led House Judiciary Committee, as the party continues to ramp up its attempts to discredit both Wray and the agency that he runs with claims of political bias against conservatives.

Ironically, as he pointed out repeatedly during the six-hour hearing Wednesday, Wray is a lifelong Republican and member of the right-wing Federalist Society. He was also appointed to his post in 2017 by then-president Donald Trump.

“I hope you don’t change your party affiliation after this hearing is over,” Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO) joked at one point.

Despite his sterling conservative resume, Wray was forced to defend himself from charges of bias from members of his own party, many of whom alleged that the FBI was unfairly targeting the right in its recent investigations and prosecutions.

Wray used a variety of adjectives to describe recent right-wing conspiracies lobbed at the FBI—including that the Jan. 6 Capitol riot was an inside job masterminded by the agency—calling Republican attacks on his character “insane,” “absurd,” “ironic” and “ludicrous.”

“The idea that I’m biased against conservatives seems somewhat insane to me, given my own personal background,” he told the committee.

None of the director’s fiery language stopped Republicans on the committee from questioning Wray about Jan. 6, entertaining a years-old conspiracy theory that the FBI helped incite the riot.

It was a claim championed by former Fox News host Tucker Carlson, who was sued alongside the network earlier Wednesday by Ray Epps, a Capitol rioter who was falsely smeared by right-wing media and accused of being an FBI informant despite little evidence.

Wray tried his best not to feed into the narrative.

“I will say this notion that somehow the violence at the Capitol on Jan. 6 was part of some operation by FBI sources and agents is ludicrous and is a disservice to our brave, hard-working, dedicated men and women,” he said.

Rep. Mike Johnson (R-LA) even brought up the COVID-19 lab-leak theory, insinuating that Wray’s FBI was helping the broader U.S. government cover it up. Wray called the claim “ironic” and “somewhat absurd,” considering the FBI was, at one point, “the only agency in the entire intelligence community” to give credit to the lab leak theory.

Wray largely avoided getting too heated with even his biggest critics Wednesday, keeping a steady demeanor throughout a number of contentious lines of questioning. Near the end of the hearing, he subtly warned those on the committee who may hope to see him bend amid the political gamesmanship.

“No one should ever mistake my demeanor for what my spine is made out of,” he said.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-d...HrL3GrnVcwG3qhc5HY729-w0-UKep3Gl6LyX17-g

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Kari Lake’s team ordered to pay more than $122K in sanctions over Maricopa lawsuit

Kari Lake’s legal team, including lawyer Alan Dershowitz, must pay $122,200 in sanctions after a federal court in Arizona found that the former Republican gubernatorial candidate’s lawsuit contesting voting methods was “frivolous.”

Lake, a former television news anchor, brought a suit against the state of Arizona in April 2022 demanding the election officials use alternative methods to collect and count ballots, claiming that electronic voting machines are not reliable.

The lawsuit was thrown out and Lake ultimately lost the gubernatorial election to Gov. Katie Hobbs. She then filed another suit after the election alleging widespread fraud. That case was also dismissed, though she continues make baseless claims that the race was stolen from her.

The $122,000 judgment, released Friday, will be paid by Lake’s three lawyers, Andrew Painter, Kurt Olson and Dershowitz. Dershowitz was found to have a limited involvement in the case and was ordered to pay only 10 percent of the order.

“Failing to impose meaningful sanctions here might very well encourage others to follow suit by lending their credibility to documents filed in court without facing any real consequence if their certifications prove hollow or incomplete,” Judge John Tuchi said in his ruling. “The need for general deterrence is therefore significant.”

In May, Lake’s legal team was levied a $2,000 sanction judgment for their role in spreading misinformation about election integrity.

https://thehill.com/regulation/cour...nv-L1MJG1Dp07jPlNZUB9S9VlvWo8vNFGLv43na4

Sounds like the perfect candidate to become trump's 2024 running mate for Vice President.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Uh oh. Goper’s being charged for frivolous lawsuits? Oh the irony. Lol

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Navy vet arrested near Obama’s home indicted on firearms charges

A Capitol riot suspect who had guns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition in his van when he was arrested near former President Barack Obama’s Washington home has been indicted on federal firearms charges, authorities said Friday.

Taylor Taranto, 37, was already facing misdemeanor charges stemming from his alleged involvement in the Jan. 6, 2021, riot, and a grand jury indicted him on additional felony charges alleging he illegally carried a firearm without a license and unlawfully possessed a large-capacity ammunition feeding device, prosecutors said.

A magistrate judge earlier this week ruled that Taranto, of Pasco, Washington, must remain behind bars while he awaits trial because he would pose a danger to the community if released. Taranto’s attorney has said she will appeal that decision.

Taranto’s attorney, Kathryn Guevara, didn’t immediately respond to an email seeking comment Friday on the indictment.

Guevara has said that her client had been receiving mental health treatment to overcome trauma that he experienced during military service. He deployed to Iraq while serving in the Navy and was driving a combat vehicle in a convoy that was hit by enemy missiles, she said.

Taranto was arrested June 29 after prosecutors say he showed up in Obama’s neighborhood on the same day that former President Donald Trump posted on his social media platform what he claimed was Obama’s home address.

While livestreaming on YouTube in the neighborhood, Taranto told followers that he was looking for “entrance points,” was going to find a way to the “tunnels underneath their houses” and wanted to get a “good angle on a shot,” according to court papers. Officials said he was spotted by law enforcement a few blocks from Obama’s home and fled, though he was chased by Secret Service officers.

In his van — which investigators say he appeared to be living in — Taranto had two guns, 400 rounds of ammunition as well as a machete, prosecutors have said. Taranto’s wife told investigators that he had come to D.C. because of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s offer earlier this year to produce unseen video of the Jan. 6 attack.

Taranto’s arrest came the day after investigators say he asserted on his YouTube livestream that he was in Gaithersburg, Maryland, on a “one-way mission” and suggested that he intended to blow up his van at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.

On the day of the riot, authorities say Taranto joined the crush of people who broke into the Capitol. He was captured on video at the entrance of the Speaker’s Lobby around the time that Ashli Babbitt was fatally shot by an officer while attempting to climb through the broken window of a barricaded door.

Taranto’s lawyer told the judge earlier this week that her client was talking about tunnels near Obama’s home “in a joking manner” because the subject has been fodder for conspiracy theories. She said in court papers that comments he made about getting the “the shot” or “angle” while near Obama’s house were only in reference to the livestream video he was taking at the time.

https://www.militarytimes.com/flash...QoSi9YaZMOqOMPc5fjwXYp98OINoD3rQgQS5pHbU

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Shout out to all my vets out there who have trauma and crazy ideas in our minds all the time, but choose not to act upon it.

Like showing up to the former POTUS house strapped up like punisher. And for what?

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
The states that celebrate both MLK Day and confederate holidays

States where MLK Day is shared with a confederate holiday in 2023

Ten states — all in the American South — celebrate Martin Luther King Day and observe at least one confederate holiday during the rest of the year.

Why it matters: All U.S. states honor MLK every year. But the number of states also honoring the Confederacy highlights the country's struggle to reconcile its racial past.

What's happening: Alabama and Mississippi celebrate MLK and Robert E. Lee, the losing Confederate general and slaveholder, on the same day.

Arkansas, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas all have at least one day commemorating the Confederacy on other days of the year, the Axios analysis found.
Mississippi and Alabama each celebrate a total of three confederate holidays every year — Robert E. Lee Day, Confederate Memorial Day and Jefferson Davis' Birthday — all paid holidays for state employees.
Last February in Alabama, a bipartisan group of state senators introduced legislation to split up Robert E. Lee Day and MLK Day, but the bill is "indefinitely postponed."

The intrigue: In 2000, when South Carolina became one of the last states to honor MLK with a state holiday, the legislature also voted to create "Confederate Memorial Day," celebrated annually on May 10.

Tennessee has a day of "special observance" for Nathan Bedford Forrest, another Confederate general and the first grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan.
Though Arkansas split up Robert E. Lee Day and MLK day in 2017, the state still commemorates Lee on the second Saturday in October, as well as Jefferson Davis on June 3.
For years, Georgia listed Confederate Memorial Day and Robert E. Lee Day on its official state holiday calendar. Since 2016, the state has changed both holiday names to the innocuous-sounding "State Holiday."
Georgia state law requires the governor to pronounce at least one day dedicated to honoring the Confederacy.

Zoom out: Defenders of the confederate holidays and monuments say removing them would erase history.

Reality check: Historians and scholars say the confederate holidays and monuments in the South mostly appeared well after the Civil War as confederate apologists pushed the Lost Cause narrative downplaying slavery.

What they're saying: "It is a diminishing reality that people even recognize and celebrate those Confederate days," NAACP president and CEO Derrick Johnson told Axios.

"We must completely do away with any concept that the Confederacy and those who participated were patriots."
DaMareo Cooper, co-executive director of The Center for Popular Democracy, said it was hypocritical for any state to honor King while celebrating those who defended enslavement.
"There's no way that you can compare someone who literally fought for the highest ideals of human beings ... to someone who was like, 'I think these humans are checkbooks, they are cow, they're like animals.'"

Don't forget: While many remaining historic sites in the South dedicated to confederates are well kept, many sites linked to civil rights and the victorious Union North sit abandoned or in disarray.

https://www.axios.com/2023/01/16/mlk-day-states-confederate-holidays-slavery

MURICA!

It's quite odd the things they celebrate when compared with the things they try to keep silent with their politics.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Swish
Shout out to all my vets out there who have trauma and crazy ideas in our minds all the time, but choose not to act upon it.

Like showing up to the former POTUS house strapped up like punisher. And for what?

Hard to believe a known Jan 6th 2020 insurrectionist who broke into the US capitol is already back on the streets of DC locked and loaded and ready for more. But then again it’s not. Pffft .. lunatic Goper’s ruin it all for everyone.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 07/16/23 04:09 PM.

– Jackie Robinson
O
Legend
Legend
O
Now the Republican Nazi State AGs want their gestapo police to have the authority to forcefully obtain out of state private medical records to prosecute women going to extremes to get healthcare. It doesn't get more fascist than that before the MAGA Yalliban magats start naming handmaids.

These people need to be wiped from the face of the earth in an especially expedited painful fashion.

Legend
Legend
Don’t worry, a lot of those bums keep getting some heavy sentencing during court.

- Theodore Roosevelt
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
WOW, talk about loving your fellow man.....lets put those liberals in concentration camps, gas them, and then burn the bodies.....that's been done and some want it repeated.....-absolutely, one nation under god--as long as you goose step to the Trump tyrant.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Now the Republican Nazi State AGs want their gestapo police to have the authority to forcefully obtain out of state private medical records to prosecute women going to extremes to get healthcare. It doesn't get more fascist than that before the MAGA Yalliban magats start naming handmaids.

These people need to be wiped from the face of the earth in an especially expedited painful fashion.

So now you want to abort full grown adults as well. LOL

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
P
Legend
Legend
P
Now the Republican Nazi State AGs want their gestapo police to have the authority to forcefully obtain out of state private medical records to prosecute women going to extremes to get healthcare.

It's nothing more than a political stunt. State AG's have no jurisdiction outside of their own state. As a matter of fact as far as I know, they have no right to prosecute anything that happens outside the jurisdiction of their own state.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by hitt
WOW, talk about loving your fellow man.....lets put those liberals in concentration camps, gas them, and then burn the bodies.....that's been done and some want it repeated.....-absolutely, one nation under god--as long as you goose step to the Trump tyrant.

Bring it, I can’t wait for the civil war the right keeps whining about.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It's already began. They're using their elected officials to fight it for them.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
They’re using snake in the grass people with no morals or sense of country or duty to the people to thwart democracy. And dumbass Dems are still playing by the old rules as if they remotely matter. It’s like watching the twilight zone. A third of the country isn’t worth the powder it would take to blow them to hell IMO.

I’m trying to give the dupes the benefit of the doubt, but when they still refuse to believe the facts in the face of all this evidence against Trump, you have to write them off. Ten years from now they all be on a special after Trump social security program for the mentally ill. Many will die believing his lies.

And that’s IF they don’t somehow pull off another election theft and end our democracy for a dictatorship. The brain dead somehow believe that would be better than sharing the country with people who don’t think like they do, like we have since it’s inception. And the road to hell will be paved by anti-abortion zealots and uninformed imbeciles being allowed to vote.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/21/23 01:51 PM.

D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
They’re using snake in the grass people with no morals or sense of country or duty to the people to thwart democracy. And dumbass Dems are still playing by the old rules as if they remotely matter. It’s like watching the twilight zone. A third of the country isn’t worth the powder it would take to blow them to hell IMO.

I’m trying to give the dupes the benefit of the doubt, but when they still refuse to believe the facts in the face of all this evidence against Trump, you have to write them off. Ten years from now they all be on a special after Trump social security program for the mentally ill. Many will die believing his lies.

And that’s IF they don’t somehow pull off another election theft and end our democracy for a dictatorship. The brain dead somehow believe that would be better than sharing the country with people who don’t think like they do, like we have since it’s inception. And the road to hell will be paved by anti-abortion zealots and uninformed imbeciles being allowed to vote.

Funny thing genius. This Country is not and never has been a Democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Funny thing genius. This Country is not and never has been a Democracy. It is a Constitutional Republic.

This country is a Democracy. Call it what you want it’s a free country. But people like you want to make it a ruthless dictatorship. Sorry, we aren’t having it.

And BTW, I’ve been booted from this site for calling someone a Genius in jest. But the board monitors seem to lean right your way here. You’ll probably get a pass like the idiotic policies of trump does here.

Last edited by PerfectSpiral; 07/22/23 08:37 AM.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Alabama GOP Defies SCOTUS, Refuses to Create 2nd Majority-Black District

The Supreme Court ruled that Alabama must create two congressional districts that would encompass majority-Black electorates. Republicans in the state didn’t listen.

Republicans in the Alabama legislature have passed a new congressional map with only a single majority Black district—ignoring a recent Supreme Court ruling that ordered the creation of a second.

In a June ruling, the conservative-leaning Supreme Court surprised some onlookers when it ruled 5-4 that Alabama’s new map of congressional districts likely violated the Voting Rights Act as an illegal racial gerrymander. Under that map, only one out of Alabama’s seven districts had a majority Black electorate, even though Black residents comprise more than a quarter of the population.

The justices, upholding a lower court’s ruling, ordered Alabama’s Republican-controlled legislature to redo the maps, this time carving out a second Black-majority district, “or something quite close to it.”

But Republicans in the state didn’t go through with it, effectively spurning the high court’s order, opponents argue.

After a special session convened in response to the ruling, Alabama’s legislature passed a new map on Friday that created only one seat with a majority Black electorate, NBC reported. Another seat included in the revised plan has a 40 percent Black voter base.

The new maps passed a vote on Friday afternoon—as a court-mandated deadline loomed—and got Alabama governor Kay Ivey’s signature that night. They advanced over the objection of Democratic lawmakers, as well as the advocacy groups that successfully challenged the previous maps—and who have promised to fight the new one as well.

"The Legislature knows our state, our people and our districts better than the federal courts or activist groups, and I am pleased that they answered the call, remained focused and produced new districts ahead of the court deadline,” Ivey said in a statement Friday night.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/alaba...W66XybbyStDPgBGue9LVz6p4ZUccI6uLnzOOlj4U

Same as it ever was.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

Another lame ass GOPer talking point. Every politician in history has referred to it as a democracy at some point. Don’t put much weight into the Faux News talking points DOTD. It’s a recipe for disaster. In case you missed it, they LIE A LOT, and it’s proven admitted to fact.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Our country is a constitutional republic for the common vernacular used is democracy, even though we are not one in the strict definition of the word.
People bring this up when they don't have a valid argument so they bring up this petty semantic to distract from the discussion.

Don't blame the clown for acting like a clown.
Ask yourself why you keep going to the circus.
M
Legend
Legend
M

Clowns and sheep.

Tackles are tackles.
P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
His tax exempt status should be pulled and he should be billed by the IRS for back taxes on his fraudulent ‘church’.

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I don't think many take either one seriously, so what's the point?

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Ballpeen
I don't think many take either one seriously, so what's the point?

The largest point is this, when you have several candidates going up against trump it splits those who don't want trump to be the nominee in several different directions. Thus none of them can ever get enough support to challenge trump. This will guarantee him the nomination without much of a fight and you will be stuck with him again.

#gmstrong
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The GOP and what they’ve become +

Link Copied to Clipboard