Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I like the helmet, it harkens back to the glory years, the dynasty years of Otto, Marion, Speedy et. al. I could care less what the national media or fans from other teams think of them. When we win all those games where they are worn the snark will be silenced.

Legend
Legend

I agree that Dude Wipes shouldn’t be near this. That is embarrassing. The thing I find the coolest is this picture. Chief looking out and Marion Motley looking back in the visor.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Meh. Just win games. Like the Motley photo. Uniform is unremarkable.

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
2 members like this: jfanent, mac
L
Legend
Legend
L
I wouldn’t want in on the regular but the design looks good to be honest . Better than the all- brown unis they put forth occasionally. I like the white helmet , it is a nod to our very early years

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Promoting the product has been a strong suite for the Haslams...

The problem..the team the Haslams are promoting fails to live up to expectations...year after year.

Just win the damn football game, week after week..and I could care less about what guys wear..!

Last edited by mac; 07/19/23 12:22 AM.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
Football Has Found Its New Bogeyman

An analytics revolution has made the sport even more entertaining. So why are some fans and commentators against it?

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2022/11/sports-analytics-nfl-football/672275/

Could have been a interesting article except it turned in to a pay per view.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
B
Legend
Legend
B
I am not big on Uni's.. To double down on something Lampy said, thy look better than the all brown Uni's.

I have always liked the Browns in the all white uniforms. Pretty much what we always wore when we were winning championships back in the day.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Some Perrion Winfrey news might be dropping today and it doesn't look good.....

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
j/c:

Some Perrion Winfrey news might be dropping today and it doesn't look good.....

Happened quicker than I thought.....

We'll see what comes of it.

Tackles are tackles.
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
REPORT: DT Perrion Winfrey in hot water once again

link

The time has come for the Cleveland Browns to part ways with former fourth round pick and defensive tackle Perrion Winfrey. Just as rookies and quarterbacks report for training camp, the defensive tackle is back in the news once again. This time, Winfrey is under police investigation for a possible threat to a woman, including chasing her out of a hotel with a gun pointed at her.

While the investigation is still ongoing, and there is no word from the Browns yet, there is a video recorded by the woman as she runs from what is presumed to be Winfrey.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
P
Legend
Legend
P

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
camp bodies unite

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
It never hurts to take a look at some of these players. Who knows we could get lucky and find a guy who could help us.

Legend
Legend
if I were a LB needing to sign somewhere, I'd do anything possible to come to camp here. We need 1-2 more to pan out

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate
The #Browns placed WR Marquise Goodwin on the non-football injury list. Goodwin started experiencing discomfort in his legs and slight shortness of breath during OTAs in the spring, and a check-up revealed that he has blood clots in his legs and lungs.

Legend
Legend
Tony Grossi
@TonyGrossi
Also WR Anthony Schwartz begins camp on injury list with hamstring.

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate
The #Browns placed WR Marquise Goodwin on the non-football injury list. Goodwin started experiencing discomfort in his legs and slight shortness of breath during OTAs in the spring, and a check-up revealed that he has blood clots in his legs and lungs.

He said this was his first major injury of his 10 year career. Of course he comes to the Browns and gets blood clots. I guess it could have been staph.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend
hopefully the issue is resolved quickly and he's in no danger

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate

This really could be career ending ... he will be on Lovenox shots twice a day for the first 21 days, then he will be put on blood thinner, which will not be conducive to a contact sports.

I have been through this myself and wish him and his family best of luck going forward.

[Linked Image]

Legend
Legend
good insight FL. Sounds like a tough break. Glad to hear you got through it

T
Legend
Legend
T
The white helmet would look good with my proposal of the , turning the corner, fireball CB logo on the right side of it.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Geez camp opens and this goes down.

Goodwin was brought in to play a role. Sad because he seems like a good guy. This type of thing they cannot afford to do anything but be over cautious.

I hope this condition clears or is manageable.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by FL_Dawg
Ari Meirov
@MySportsUpdate

This really could be career ending ... he will be on Lovenox shots twice a day for the first 21 days, then he will be put on blood thinner, which will not be conducive to a contact sports.

I have been through this myself and wish him and his family best of luck going forward.

Yep. It most def. can end his career. It's the same thing that happened to OL Jason Pinkston....a young player that had upside but was cut short due to this condition.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
yeah that's right I forgot about Pinkston

P
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
P
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
The white helmet would look good with my proposal of the , turning the corner, fireball CB logo on the right side of it.

The flaming logo sucked for the Titans… aka the flaming T’s… it’d suck worse for the Browns.
No logo is our logo.
Knock it off.

[Linked Image]
T
Legend
Legend
T
The revolving door at........ safety is another reason to have no confidence in the strategy and @uestion Depo as strategy officer.
Just a few hundred days ago, maybe 800, the plan was way different but supposedly just as promising.

even, if you take away, running back number one, the OL, and Myles, where else is there not a revolving door of new expectations supposedly just as promising... every couple hundred/400+ days.

I'm,,, more excited to see Jordan Kunacxyc, Tony Fields, and Sionne Taki Taki returning from injury, in the coming year than Ogbo and Smith.
I expect good play from E Moore, for the constant reaching out, strategy, to work for once.
but mostly it appears the same plan as other years, not developing faces on your own team, already on your team,
I don't today feel they are a real threat in the afc, and will
probably be 3rd or 4th in the div. Again.........

an expn guy on "around the horn" had a poignant comment that was so fitting even though he didn't appear to realize it
on how Kevin and analytics can't win bc analytics commits puts them a percentage to win but
doesn't factor momentum, will, and giving the opponent knowledge of exactly how much they have to do to beat you
when the expn guy said
" despite finishing in 4th place the browns actually have a ton of talent."

hmm, what's that mean for the coach,
the gameplanning, development, and strategy, and understanding game situations

They've got to start planning to win by a hundred, not barely win,,,, now and then, if they recover the onside kick. If they recover the onside kick.

Despite finishing in 4th place the Browns actually have a ton of talent.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
I can't tell if this account is an early AI iteration or not.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, PortlandDawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
If it is it's in serious need of an upgrade.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie
I can't tell if this account is an early AI iteration or not.
haha

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

5 things we learned from Andrew Berry's training camp news conference

WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.Va. — Browns EVP of Football Operations and GM Andrew Berry met with reporters after the Browns completed their second training camp practice — and first with helmets — on the fields at The Greenbrier.

The practice was still light (the Browns have yet to run their first team drills since their arrival in West Virginia), but Berry still provided some interesting insight to set the table for the upcoming season.

Here are some of the top points of Berry's podium session.

1. Browns believe they have 'best pass rush in the league'
One major area Berry constantly focused on all offseason was the defensive line, which will boast at least two new starters and established players in DT Dalvin Tomlinson and DE Za'Darius Smith.

That work, Berry believes, will pay off for the Browns in a huge way, especially with new defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz creating the schemes and with Myles Garrett leading the group.

"With Jim and his scheme, the defensive line in this system is the engine," Berry said. "As he always says, he takes the seatbelt off for those guys, and it's about generating negative plays, forced errors, and turnovers, and it starts with the D-Line wreaking havoc and putting a premium on pass rush ability.

"That fits Myles to a T, and we think we have the best pass rush in the league. This is a match made in heaven."

The Browns certainly believe they have the potential to back that up and make a substantial climb from their 34 sacks last season, which ranked tied for 28th in the league. 16 of those sacks came from Garrett, who has a real possibility to eclipse that number, a single-season franchise record, with Smith and Tomlinson also garnering heavy attention from blockers.

Schwartz has no shortage of possibilities in how he could position the D-line, too, and that's largely because Smith is capable of playing inside. That could be a common look for the Browns on key downs, which would also allow them to deploy DE Ogbo Okoronkwo, who was signed in free agency, to play on the outside.

"The appeal of (Smith) is his versatility," Berry said. "I think oftentimes people think that we think of him as an edge guy, but I think really where he's particularly skilled is his ability to rush inside over a guard or center. Having someone who can win on the inside creates so much versatility to create advantageous matchups to rush the passer."

2. Deshaun Watson in 'really good place'
The progress of QB Deshaun Watson has been one constant theme multiple coaches and players have remarked on over the offseason, and Berry can be added to that list now, too.

"He's in a really good place," he said. "I think this is going to be a big year for him professionally and personally. We think he's in great shape physically."

Watson has shown several signs of progress both in comfort and talent compared to a year ago, when the uncertainty of a suspension loomed over the start of training camp due to him violating the league's personal conduct policy.

The uncertainty of whether Watson would be able to start in Week 1 wasn't an easy element to endure as the three-time Pro Bowler was beginning a new era of his career, but his upbeat body language and constant smiles as he's interacted with teammates since spring practices began have suggested he's feeling more confident and prepared to lead the offense.

"He's been really good on the field and I love what he's done off the field," Berry said. "So we're excited about him. We're looking forward to seeing how the next weeks play out and as we get into the season."

3. Browns 'hopeful' to get Goodwin back
Berry extended his best wishes to WR Marquise Goodwin after it was revealed Friday that he would miss the start of training camp — and potentially longer — with blood clots.

"First and foremost with Marquise, our priority is making sure that he's safe and healthy," Berry said. "From my perspective, I feel like we are very thankful that he spoke up at the time that it really popped up in the spring, right at the end of minicamp."

Speaking up, which Berry said could've been an easy thing for Goodwin to avoid since the team was about to take off for a six-week break, allowed the Browns to exercise the proper precautions and diagnose the issue.

And even though the news was difficult to hear, it led to Goodwin being able to find the right treatment and create a plan, one that will still allow him to be around the team.

"It's something that would have been an unknown that hopefully would not have caused more complications in the future," Berry said. "We're just thankful that he said something and we were able to get him on the treatment plan to get back on track. Obviously, there's not a definitive timetable. We're hopeful that we can get him back, but our primary concern is just his health."

4. Adding a DT?
Despite the moves the Browns have completed across their defensive line, one position on the roster that still could be poised for more additions is the defensive interior, where just one player, Tomlinson, has maintained success at the NFL level.

The Browns have a few players who could break out in the spot next to him — Jordan Elliott is entering his fourth season but is still just 25 years old, while Maurice Hurst and Trysten Hill were two free-agent signings who had promise entering the NFL but have had their careers limited by injuries. Third-round DT Siaki Ika is a candidate to carve a big role, too.

Could the Browns add another veteran to the shuffle? Berry didn't rule it out, but he isn't in a rush to decide, either.

"I think one of the big things that we do early in training camp is really just assess the roster," he said. "We haven't seen a lot of our players in pads in a new defensive system. We do like a number of the individuals that we have in that room currently."

The Browns will bring a realistic playing environment to their defense at some point this week when they strap the pads on for the first time in training camp. That will allow Berry and the coaching staff to better scout what they have in that part of the defensive line — and whether more help may be needed.

"We like the mix of players that we have across all positions," Berry said. "We'll see how we feel as we come to the middle of camp and then reassess the roster from there."

"It's something that would have been an unknown that hopefully would not have caused more complications in the future," Berry said. "We're just thankful that he said something and we were able to get him on the treatment plan to get back on track. Obviously, there's not a definitive timetable. We're hopeful that we can get him back, but our primary concern is just his health."

5. A 'thank you' to the logistics staff
Berry made sure to begin his news conference with a message to everyone who worked diligently to coordinate the team's travel plans to The Greenbrier.

The logistics certainly were no easy task, as the team essentially moved everything they would need for a normal training camp practice some 370 miles down south. Training equipment, field equipment and team apparel all had to be shipped and living accommodations for both football and business staffers had to be planned well in advance of the trip to the remote area of the Allegheny Mountains.

"You all can see how beautiful it is out here," Berry said. "It's my first time, but it's been awesome, and I actually want to start off with a couple of thank yous because I don't think people realize how hard it is to move your entire football operations to a remote location here obviously, in West Virginia.

"It starts with (Senior Vice President of Operations) Phil Dangerfield, (Director of Team Logistics & Operations) Abir Chaudhry and (Manager of Team Logistics) Chavis Cook for handling everything logistics related. Our equipment group is led by (Director of Equipment Operations) Brad Melland. Our video crew is led by (Video Director) Rob Pavlas, and what we think is the best grounds crew in the NFL. They all did a great job of making sure the setup here is exactly what we need."

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/5-things-andrew-berry-training-camp

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
finally a Dangerfield got some respect

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Week 1CBS broadcasting crew assignments.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Week 3.....Spero & Archuleta. sick

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Ian Eagle has done more Browns/Bengals games than anyone in history lol

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2023/7...ae0J1oky0KInGw6bAKnTfpISp4E19u6LxS5xE2ok

Deshaun Watson, the Browns and the NFL should be ashamed of themselves
Watson’s latest comments show that he’s learned nothing.

By James Dator Jul 24, 2023, 11:01am EDT 19 Comments / 19 New

Deshaun Watson doesn’t get it, and he has absolutely no desire of getting it. That’s the takeaway from the quarterback’s first interview upon arriving at Browns training camp. A remorseless Watson stood in front of reporters on Sunday calling the allegations of at least 25 women for sexual misconduct, which he settled in civil court, a construct of the media who directed a “narrative” against him.

This wasn’t a case of misconstruing Watson’s words, or taking something out of context. As clear as he possibly could, Watson made it clear that he has absolutely no regret for what transpired.

In Watson’s view, it’s been unfair that the sexual assault and misconduct allegations were reported on, but not the personal struggles he had as a child to reach the NFL.

“There’s things [Watson’s upbringing] people don’t really get to hear about. Especially last year, it’s been the media directing and narrating something else. It’s been kinda overshadowed. I had that opportunity to tell that story to those guys and look my teammates in the eyes, and be able to touch them — let them know why I am who I am. It’s definitely impactful.”

The entire process since the allegations emerged has been to deflect, call the accusers liars, deny any wrongdoing — and now blame the media. The latest attempt by Watson to conflate the lack of coverage of his upbringing, with the widespread reporting of sexual misconduct is just another tactic being used in a playbook he’s been running since news emerged in 2021.

Deshaun Watson has never shown remorse for serial sexual misconduct allegations
Of course, there’s a very clear reason why the difficulties of Watson’s personal life haven’t been widely reported on — and that’s because they’re not a story of national significance. Spend any time around the league and there are literally hundreds of examples of players overcoming personal adversity to find success in the NFL. It’s not that these stories aren’t interesting or important, but rather that on a national level the trope of “overcoming adversity” is too common to tell a broad audience.

Being accused by 25 women of sexual assault isn’t. That has happened only once in NFL history, and that story centered on Deshaun Watson.

Multiple elements to this can exist simultaneously. We can appreciate the struggles Watson went through to reach the NFL, and also be absolutely disgusted by the allegations against him. By trying to conflate the lack of coverage of his rise to the NFL with the widespread reporting on sexual misconduct, Watson is attempting to paint the media as a specter that preys on the negative and gleefully waits for someone’s downfall.

The man is entitled to his opinion. Just as we’re entitled to think this is disgusting. However, there is an element to this that’s couched in objective truth: The NFL punishment of Watson did nothing to change his pattern of thinking.

NFL settles with Deshaun Watson, resulting in 11-game suspension and $5M fine
As part of Watson’s suspension he was to undergo evaluation by behavior experts, as well as complete a treatment program. Those behind-the-scenes processes are largely unknown, but something has occurred which has given the NFL cause to believe he’s fine to return to competition while Watson is still saying he did nothing wrong, the women lied and the media created this whole thing.

It’s a staunch contrast from a year ago, after Watson was reinstated when he said:

“Look, I want to say that I’m truly sorry to all of the women that I have impacted in this situation,” Watson said in the interview. “The decisions that I made in my life that put me in this position I would definitely like to have back, but I want to continue to move forward and grow and learn and show that I am a true person of character and I am going to keep pushing forward.”

It was a terrible apology, but at least went further than saying “the media directed this narrative.” What it’s allowed him to do is solidify the beliefs of misogynists that his apology was insincere and forced, because Deshaun Watson has proven it was insincere and forced. Nothing was learned from whatever “training” he was forced to undergo, other than check an NFL-mandated box. When you speak the way Watson did at training camp it doesn’t show that he is a “true person or character,” or that he is “truly sorry” to the women he would eventually pay off in court to make this all go away.

Deshaun Watson’s sexual assault allegations, explained
Watson’s focus wasn’t on apologizing, it was to try and make his teammates understand that the big, bad media did this — not Deshaun Watson.

So, here we are. The quarterback with the best contract in the entire league is a remorseless alleged sexual predator who paid off his victims, didn’t learn anything from his punishment, and wants to deflect blame onto someone else.

Shame on the Browns for assisting in downplaying what happened. Shame on the NFL for having such a feckless sexual assault policy that he was able to skirt through it without any change, and shame of Deshaun Watson for continuing to push his own narrative that he did nothing wrong.

Just "KICKING THAT CAN DOWN the ROAD"
Legend
Legend
And today that same person has an srticle on major league cricket.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes, Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard