Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
LeBron James’ son Bronny, 18, suffers cardiac arrest during USC basketball workout
Story by Francesca Bacardi • 18m ago

LeBron James’ son Bronny suffered cardiac arrest during a basketball workout at the University of Southern California Monday.

The 18-year-old athlete was taken to the hospital where he was treated in the intensive care unit (ICU) before being released to general care, a spokesperson for the James family told TMZ Tuesday.

“Yesterday while practicing Bronny James suffered a cardiac arrest. Medical staff was able to treat Bronny and take him to the hospital. He is now in stable condition and no longer in ICU,” the statement began.

“We ask for respect and privacy for the James family and we will update media when there is more information.”

The statement concluded with LeBron and his wife Savannah, thanking USC medical and athletic staff for their “incredible work and dedication” to the safety of their athletes.

Sources told the outlet that a call was made to 911 from the school’s Galen Center, which is where the team plays and practices. The patient, who was later confirmed to be Bronny, was rushed to the hospital via ambulance that was all lights and sirens.

Bronny recently committed to USC and is expected to follow in his famed father’s footsteps and enter the NBA.

The Los Angeles Lakers legend, 38, previously has expressed his desire to play alongside Bronny in the pros, saying he’d do “whatever it takes” to have at least one season together.

“My last year will be with my son. Wherever Bronny’s at, that’s where I’ll be,” LeBron told The Athletic in February 2022.

“I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It’s not about the money at that point.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nb...147b5b16114e62bee76bc28b2499c5&ei=12

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
frightening news. Glad he's okay

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
Wow! Only 18. It just goes to show than anything can happen at any time. I hope he's okay.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
What is crazy about this situation:

USC’s medical staff has recent experience with such an incident. Last July, USC freshman forward Vince Iwuchukwu suffered a cardiac arrest during a summer workout. In a video posted to Twitter earlier this year, Iwuchukwu said he felt dizzy during a practice water break and then collapsed.

Athletic trainers, including Jon Yonamine, Erin Tillman and Lauren Crawford, performed CPR on him and shocked him back to life, USC said. Iwuchukwu recovered and ultimately made his basketball debut in January, over six months later.

This isn't the first time it's happened.

Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
That's gotta be so terrifying for a parent, I hope he's OK and they get it figured out so he can continue to live a healthy life.

Legend
Legend
wow I didn't realize that

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
j/c:

Bronny James' cardiac arrest is linked to the COVID-19 vaccine, Elon Musk suggests

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...y-James-cardiac-arrest-training-USC.html

B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
j/c:

Bronny James' cardiac arrest is linked to the COVID-19 vaccine, Elon Musk suggests

I don't know, that could be a stretch. However, the covid drugs were brought out in rapid fashion. I do understand why, but a normal protocol takes much longer in order to monitor long term effects. They know it can impact the heart, but what they don't know is how widespread those impacts might become. Is it within a reasonable risk factor or is it a widespread problem?

I suspect it will be another 3-5 years before we get a pretty solid answer on that question.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
I've seen that same speculation, which seems reckless to connect dots. I'm not privy to all of the statistics (and I definitely went back and forth about getting the vaccine), but it's not like that stuff hasn't happened to young athletes before.

P
Legend
Legend
P
j/c:

This is what it looks like when someone thinks every crazy suggestion is newsworthy.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: lampdogg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Journalism these days

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
B
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
j/c:

This is what it looks like when someone thinks every crazy suggestion is newsworthy.

I don't know if it is crazy. Premature possibly.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
Legend
Legend
P
Sure. Suggestions such as these with nothing factual behind them aren't crazy......... in your world.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
frightening news. Glad he's okay

Had the same thought.... way too young for a cardiac arrest... praying he's ok and they can figure out why he had it....

<><

#gmstrong
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum Bronny has heart attack at USC practice

Link Copied to Clipboard