Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
This is what happens when stupid people get triggered over stupid things. They cost hundreds of Americans their jobs. Murica!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Wow. Bud Light down below PBR. This, after holding the title of best-selling beer for more than two decades.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And still the third best selling light beer on the list. The anti woke crowd has cost hundreds of Americans their jobs. Something I'm sure they're all proud of.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
So what you're saying is that consumers are required to continue buying a product if they have done so in the past, otherwise the lost jobs are on their hands. So this is all the consumers' fault and the corp bears no blame? The same corp that disparaged those that pay the bills by saying they wanted to get away from the "frat boy" image and snubbed their nose? Literally saying "onward and upward"?

Here's a possibility... Some consumers were offended, others became immediately embarrassed, many of them tried other beers and realized BL tastes like pig piss?

Too far-fetched?

Of course it is... it doesn't fit the victim mentality.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
The problem with what you said is they didn't "disparage" anyone. They simply decided to expand their advertising to other people as well. I mean you do understand they are people too, right? No the "victim" claim you're making is what those who decided to boycott Bud Light claimed to be because it hurt their sensibilities. You know, that snowflake thing so many claimed was only a problem with Democrats. They were so offended that Bud Light decided to expand the customer base they were marketing to that these people threw a tantrum.

They never would have "tried those other beers" as you say if they hadn't been so hateful against the trans community and the fact that Bud Light was doing nothing more than trying to expand their consumer base by advertising to a wider demographic. They were still advertising to the redneck crowd all along and that never changed. Then a bunch of Karens acted like asses because they didn't cater to them exclusively. And the sad part of it is you're smart enough to know that.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Now Bud Light drinkers are rednecks.

But trans people are "under attack" if people don't drink it.

Got it.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
It's about time you got it. Who but a bunch of rednecks would react this way when a company who caters to them also starts to include other people they obviously hate?

"I want y’all to drink this f---ing beer. I want y’all to drink this f---ing beer," he said in a video that emerged on TikTok. "I got three cases of Bud Light. Hey, and I want to say this.… If you’re gay, bless you. If you’re transgender, bless you. If you have a problem with that, f--- you!"

"I’m gonna buy some drinks for y’all. And I’m gonna buy Bud Light. And I’m gonna tell y’all something: All you rednecks or a--holes who don’t want to drink Bud Light, f--- y’all. Hey, y’all can’t cancel me," Barkley said..... Charles Barkley

We know who the real cancel culture people are. Just look at Florida.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
I find it highly unlikely that enough people to move the needle spontaneously and simultaneously woke up one day and realized Bud light tastes like crap... and then that spontaneous mass realization happening at the same time as BL kicking off a marketing campaign with a person who's trans being a coincidence.

Yeah... I'll just stick with highly unlikely and leave it there. The narrative is accurate... so it's not hard to draw a line between these layoffs and the socio-political temper tantrum going on.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
*scratching my head* Wonder why I don't see my Bud Zero on the list

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
Legend
Legend
No Ooobs, there is no simultaneous Vulcan mind-meld going on. There is a bouncing ball to follow. A series of events. And it started way before the ad by Dylan. That's actually the real pulse of what's going on here. Many people are: tired of seeing it, tired of hearing it, tired of being told how they should feel, act and respond.

Anything that has anything to do with "trans" should be embraced with open arms. Open bathrooms, naked men in girls' locker rooms, women's sports being destroyed, the whole nine yards. If you say anything that doesn't toe the line, you're labeled a hater, transphobic, told you are the problem, and called out in public. Hell, even if you say nothing you are chastised. How many celebrities were "under attack" (phrase of the new millennium) for NOT posting their pronouns? People who couldn't give a crap less told they are the problem because they don't toe the line.

And yet, we have millions talking every day about the mere image of Christianity, in any form, equating to "religion being shoved down their throat". What exactly is being shoved down their throat? They saw a billboard? A JW knocked on their door in 2003? Hypocrisy much? "Trans" doesn't go four hours without a face in the media -- every form. People don't have a right to be fed-up with seeing and hearing it? Having it "shoved down their throats"?

So then, a marketing exec from a beer company tells you you're "out of touch" if you don't embrace a new ideology. Say's they're tired of their "frat boy image". Snubs a nose at their customer base and says "onward and upward". (These are all actual quotes, btw.)

Ball bounces again -- some people (idiots, rednecks, transphobes, etc) bounce it forward with a ruthless fervor. Now you have to see and hear about it 75 times a day because it's the politically divisive soup-du-jour that dominate every headline. Now many join the boycott purely because they're tired of endlessly being told how they should feel -- especially about a "movement" that is turning the world inside-out in some very real ways (bathrooms, sports, locker rooms, parental "rights", etc). At that point there are plenty of people that are embarrassed to order a Bud Light in a bar or wheel around a 12-pack in their cart... the ball is now bouncing down a hill.

The reality is there are about 45 million beer brands to choose from... and most of them actually taste better than Bud Light. I'm sure there are millions of people that simply changed a habit and haven't gone back. If that weren't true, sales would have rebounded weeks ago as the average American has the attention span of a flea. Meanwhile, Pitt calls the people that aren't buying the pig-swill rednecks and transphobes and blames them for people losing jobs... as if they should be eternally obligated to buy a product from a category in which they have endless choices.

Ironically enough, Bud Light is now being cancelled by the very group it was "defending"... accused of deserting its commitment to the LGBTQ+ community.

1 member likes this: EveDawg
M
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
M
j/c

Trying to boil this down and coming up with this sequence of events:

-Company makes a business decision to market their product a certain way
-A segment of their customer based had an adverse reaction to their marketing campaign
-A different segment of consumers had an adverse reaction to the company's response (or lack thereof) when the company decided to backtrack on their marketing initiative
-The company resizes their workforce (supposedly due to declining sales resulting from the fallout of the marketing campaign as heavily alluded to by the media)

At which point should the company be considered accountable for decision(s)?
Do consumers have an obligation to support the company?

1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
It's about time you got it. Who but a bunch of rednecks would react this way when a company who caters to them also starts to include other people they obviously hate?

"I want y’all to drink this f---ing beer. I want y’all to drink this f---ing beer," he said in a video that emerged on TikTok. "I got three cases of Bud Light. Hey, and I want to say this.… If you’re gay, bless you. If you’re transgender, bless you. If you have a problem with that, f--- you!"

"I’m gonna buy some drinks for y’all. And I’m gonna buy Bud Light. And I’m gonna tell y’all something: All you rednecks or a--holes who don’t want to drink Bud Light, f--- y’all. Hey, y’all can’t cancel me," Barkley said..... Charles Barkley

We know who the real cancel culture people are. Just look at Florida.

Frankly, that is pretty what it's always been.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
S
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
S
This is what happens when stupid people get triggered over stupid things. They cost hundreds of Americans their jobs. Murica!

Liberals: Hate capitalism, complain about corporate profits.

Also liberals: How dare you stop buying a product and making a company lose money!

It's funny watching liberals flip flop.

It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great!
O
Legend
Legend
O
By itself, I'd be much more inclined to agree with most of your post. I do think folks are buying into fake outrage regarding "naked men in girls lockerrooms" and the like.

But this whole Bud Light thing is just another front in an ongoing culture war that's mostly perpetrated by a political group that doesn't bring much else to the table besides fake outrage.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not shedding a single tear for Bud Light. They make a terrible product and have for a long time. I never understood their sales numbers to begin with. On top of that, I'm all for the free market telling them (with their wallets) that their product is terrible.
Unfortunately, that's not what happened here. A handful of right-wing folks got on social media and shot up cases of (paid for) bud light.

It absolutely was a Vulcan Mind-Meld (IMO).

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend

Actually this part of America I agree with... stupid company tries to get too political... their base of consumers don't like it and choose another company..... sorry that people lost their jobs...hopefully they can get hired by the other beer companies that are picking up Bud's consumers...

<><

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: Ballpeen
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by Squires
Liberals: Hate capitalism, complain about corporate profits.

You've made a common mistake. Liberals hate unbridled capitalism which contains no checks and balances. Going back to the way it was in the 1920's isn't a positive thing.

Also liberals: How dare you stop buying a product and making a company lose money!

It's not "how dare you", it's at least man up and take accountability for the results of your actions. A temper tantrum by the right, you know, being snowflakes and using cancel culture to cause hundreds of every day working people to lost their jobs is exactly what happened here.

It's funny watching liberals flip flop.

Do you mean the way Republicans did on being snowflakes and using cancel culture? Yes, that is pretty funny.

#gmstrong
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jaybird

Actually this part of America I agree with... stupid company tries to get too political... their base of consumers don't like it and choose another company..... sorry that people lost their jobs...hopefully they can get hired by the other beer companies that are picking up Bud's consumers...

Just curious, who is it that claims trans people are political again? If you even thought about it for one moment, you would realize that those using politics by using some faux war against "woke" is who is making it political. They somehow find it offensive to advertise to anyone their politics feels is wrong or that they are sinners in their eyes. Republicans have created a war against anyone one or anything that markets to people who are trans. That's the only people that made it political

The saddest part of it is how many people support that idea. Creating a political war against a group of people because of their sexuality. It's like we just wound the clock back decades in terms of people being treated equally and some support it. That's rather disgusting if one stops to think about it.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Swish
Ben Shapiro, a 39 year old man, went out to the store and bought Barbie dolls just to burn them on YouTube and complain how woke Barbie is.

I mean…..at this point it’s just easier to chalk conservatives up to being insane. Seems to be a less stressful solution than actually engaging in dialogue with people who think/do things like this.

Between this and shooting at cases of Bud lite, it’s clear that while conservatives aren’t ok with violence in the neighborhoods, they are most certainly are ok - and actively encourage- violence based on politics and social issues.

I mean, burning Barbie’s and shooting at Bud lite is the very snowflake behavior that they claimed to dislike. Why would I vote side by side with those psychopaths?

He didn’t go out to the store, he went through his childhood play things.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by FATE
Wow. Bud Light down below PBR. This, after holding the title of best-selling beer for more than two decades.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

This happens when all the far right fascist turn on you and switch to Zima and four loco.

Pretty sure Kid Rock switched to purple drank years ago.

Last edited by OldColdDawg; 07/28/23 08:49 PM.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Originally Posted by Swish
Ben Shapiro, a 39 year old man, went out to the store and bought Barbie dolls just to burn them on YouTube and complain how woke Barbie is.

I mean…..at this point it’s just easier to chalk conservatives up to being insane. Seems to be a less stressful solution than actually engaging in dialogue with people who think/do things like this.

Between this and shooting at cases of Bud lite, it’s clear that while conservatives aren’t ok with violence in the neighborhoods, they are most certainly are ok - and actively encourage- violence based on politics and social issues.

I mean, burning Barbie’s and shooting at Bud lite is the very snowflake behavior that they claimed to dislike. Why would I vote side by side with those psychopaths?

He didn’t go out to the store, he went through his childhood play things.

That sounds sexist and homophobic.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
rofl

Says the people who hate political correctness.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
rofl

Says the people who hate political correctness.

It's not a matter of hating or not. You don't think his comments go against the grain of the message you folks embrace?

Don't try to weasel. Those comments from him go against everything you folks stand for. I just find it two faced. That's all.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Actually it's some fantasy you have either been convinced to believe or convinced yourself to believe rather than reality. And this sudden shift to cancel culture and the snowflake mentality that's now common among republicans goes against everything that they not so long ago railed against. And that's something impossible for you to wiggle out of.

#gmstrong
B
Legend
Legend
B
Actually it's some fantasy you have either been convinced to believe or convinced yourself to believe rather than reality. And this sudden shift to cancel culture and the snowflake mentality that's now common among republicans goes against everything that they not so long ago railed against. And that's something impossible for you to wiggle out of.

LOl...I expected as much. Don't face the question and turn it around on me.

The board knows what we are dealing with here.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
I'm glad you think you represent "the board". It's not my fault that your mind has eroded to the point you think everyone who thinks differently than yourself is a communist. I think most board posters understand that too. I did address it. You and some others have these preconceived notions in your mind that aren't true. I thought that was easy enough to understand.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
7 out of the top 10 fav US beers are imported. Says a lot. Maybe Bud is dying a natural death and has little to do with any boycotting.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
That's how it should have been but the evidence overwhelmingly disputes that.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M

Indeed it does.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Now we have two that "speak for the board".

rofl

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

Indeed it does.

Correct.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
All you righties just hate it when people show you the error of your ways. And rather than to have the courage to take on their message you attack the messenger. A truly trumpian strategy. No wonder Hillary said you guys were deplorable.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
So, I'm deplorable?

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Let me try this again.

I understand why Hillary said that.

Where did I call you deplorable? Here's a hint. I didn't.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
All you righties just hate it when people show you the error of your ways. And rather than to have the courage to take on their message you attack the messenger. A truly trumpian strategy. No wonder Hillary said you guys were deplorable.

" No wonder Hillary said you guys were deplorable." Uh...twisty twisty spinny spinny pit at it again.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
And here you are trying to make people believe your nonsense. I do think it's understandable why someone would come to the conclusion that people such as yourself are deplorable.

Originally Posted by archbolddawg
" No wonder Hillary said you guys were deplorable." Uh...twisty twisty spinny spinny pit at it again.

At one point in time I thought English was your primary language. But from your quote above I may need to rethink that position. You sound like you're still in first grade.

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
My education, in school, and in life, if far, far better than yours. Period. Find a hobby. I don't think anyone likes seeing your name pop up constantly.

P
PitDAWG Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
P
Then don't read it. I don't care what you or anyone else "likes seeing". That's a you problem. And if you're so educated, nobody could tell by what you posted above. I mean I understand when some people get to a certain age they can revert back into a second childhood. But aren't you a little young for that?

#gmstrong
A
Legend
Legend
A
Oh, so now you're jumping on a typo? I'll remember that.

Legend
Legend
Leave it to Boebert to celebrate the loss of 350 American Jobs.. Not to mention how many jobs out in the distribution network that it may cost. Let's not forget that Coors is distributed by many of the same companies... This woman is about as dumb as humanly possible. What an idiot. Aren't our elected officials supposed to help create jobs. Seems like the only one doing that is Biden and this moron (and the arse in Georgia) wants to impeach him.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/07/lauren-boebert-celebrates-anheuser-busch-laying-off-350-workers/

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
7 out of the top 10 fav US beers are imported. Says a lot. Maybe Bud is dying a natural death and has little to do with any boycotting.

Actually, a good point.

Sometimes it might take a little nudge, no matter the force.

People are going to buy what they want to buy. It can be as simple as changing the wrapper color. 'The stuff I like comes in a yellow wrapper, not a green wrapper".

In this case there was some backlash, but now that the business is lost, it's probably not coming back. At least any time soon. The "new" norm becomes the norm.

I went to the store to get some bread. The brand I was buying wasn't on the shelf, so I bought another brand. I liked it and have been buying it ever sense, all because the local breadtruck didn't get to the store early enough to stock the shelf

Nothing political about that. I went to the store to get some bread. Mine wasn't available. My choice was to go home without bread or pick up another brand. I bought the other, liked it and have never gone back, all because breadman slept in that morning.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus More Companies going woke! Time for more boycotts!

Link Copied to Clipboard