Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Anybody up to a new fantasy site? It is called Sleeper Fantasy App. I’m gonna look into it (already downloaded) and might run one there if people are willing to try this new site. Gonna make sure it is free.

What are some things you would like in your fantasy football season?

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Well I created one on the sleeper sports app. Pretty easy setup, just your phone number, they will send you a 4 number code via text, and thats it.

https://sleeper.com/i/0aBxeJV8QPNQ

P
Legend
Legend
P
Your phone number?

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
You can use your email, but phone number is the way I registered

1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Never heard of this site but I'll give it a try.

#gmstrong

Live, Love, Laugh
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Glad to see you made it in.

Made the league for 10, that can change if needed.
Made it a two keeper league.
Also made one IDP, individual defensive player, that can change if noone wants it.
Draft Saturday September 2, 7:00pm

J
Legend
Legend
J
I’m in.

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Welcome Jules and Michelle

Legend
Legend
I will sign up tomorrow. Busy all day today. But count me in.

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Welcome Bulldawg and Memphis

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Welcome Dawg4life

Legend
Legend
thanks guys. Gotta do some mock drafts from the 8 spot now!

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hmmmmm, need to figure out how to incorporate IDP and keepers into a draft strategy.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Welcome GM

Got my buddy to be #10

1 member likes this: GMdawg
Legend
Legend
is this going to be a league like last year or a dynasty/keeper league?

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

This will be a 2 keeper league. If you only want to keep 1 you can, if you don’t want to keep any you can do that.

M
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Frenchy
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

This will be a 2 keeper league. If you only want to keep 1 you can, if you don’t want to keep any you can do that.

If someone were to leave the league would a new person adopt the roster of the one leaving or start from scratch?

Tackles are tackles.
F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
They should be able to pick up a team and not start from scratch.

1 member likes this: MemphisBrownie
Legend
Legend
got it!

T
Legend
Legend
T
What are some things you would like in your fantasy football season?
I was thinking about that b/c nobody plays the correct version imo. Maybe a ten person double drafted no touch accumulation league, with agreed upon point totals.
let me explain, .. where everyone always plays, fix it and forget it, like FF was supposed to be. Oh, and drafted by position, unless it were endless drafted where the draft by position wouldn't matter.
one.., accumulation means no weekly matchups, every team is going for the most accumulated points by the end of the year, or specified time.
two.., double drafted would mean two teams can draft a player but not a third team, for instance two teams can have Pat mahomes as one of their @uarterbacks but a 3rd team could not have him,
a triple drafted league would let 3 teams select a player but not a 4th team
and an endless drafted league would let any team select any player, for instance all ten teams could have Pat Mahomes as one of their @uarterbacks

a drafted by position league.. would be where if one team drafts a position, for instance kicker, then every team would draft their kicker until all the teams had their spots for kicker filled and then the draft would move on to a different position.

Where everyone starts league.. would mean that all players on a team play every week healthy or not, and bye week or not

and a fix it and forget it league. Or "no touch fix it and forget it' league. would mean that there are no trades, cuts or additions to your team after the draft day, if your players would happen to become injured for the year then your team just plays a man down for the rest of the year.

agreed upon point totals would be, well, agreed upon point totals.. for instance, kickers
Fg's could be worth 3 points , xps 0
a missed xp or kick would be negative one point five,
a 2nd miss on the day negative four point five, ...one point five for the first miss and negative 3 for the 2nd miss
a 3rd missed fg or xp, basically either way a ball can not go through the goal posts would be negative nine points negative 3 for each of the kicks
and 4 through infinity missed kicks would still be negative nine because the worst a bad kick day should give you is negative nine points,

team d would only score in Td's or safeties five points or two.
an individual player on d getting a touchdown would be worth seven,

all td's would be seven points unless thrown or by a team defense which would be worth five,
a @uarterback rushing td would be seven points for the @uarterback, or five if he threw it
and if he threw it to a receiver combo it would be twelve, five by the @b throw, and seven by the receiver catching it,

and all extra point kicks would be worth 0 points unless missed where it would be probably negative one point five or negative three, see kicking above,

two point conversions would always be worth one point, the eighth point, even,,, even if a defense... if a defense takes a 2 pt back the other way for a score, in that case and only that case, would the d get the 2 points, and the player who got seven for that particular td would be reduced to six, if it were a pass, the @uarterback who had gotten five would stay at five,

Those would be some awesome ways to play fantasy football much like I believe the original fantasy baseball fans who began fantasy sports intended.

team defense, cool, if an opponent final score were 0, your team D would get nine points
if an opponents final score were 2 to 3 your team D would get seven points
if an opponents final score were 4,five or six you would get five points, but if the opponents final score were seven or more then your team D shouldn't get any points, b/c they should be almost shut out points.

yardage... hundred yard receiver on a day, five points two hundred yards on the day, twelve,
hundred yard Rb, five points, two hundred through infinity yard Rb on one day, twelve points
@uarterback yardage? 400 combined yards running and throwing, five points and five hundred plus combined twelve points
and three hundred ninety nine would = 0 because nothing would kick in until they reached that next 'hundred' yard milestone,

If you have an individual D player, and they get a pick 6, and you have that team defense too,
well there would have to be a rule where the individual player can't get points for forcing the turnover, or recovering the turnover, on the same play where the player also got seven for the touchdown, but, the team D is a different player than the individual player therefore the team D could get the five for the touchdown, on the same play the player got the seven for the touchdown.
therefore, ... a D player could get 3 for a turnover, and also 3 for forcing a turnover,
therefore a player who forces a fumble and recovers that fumble on a play would have six points and if they get into the end zone would only get one more point for a total of seven on the play, because if an offensive player can't get more than seven on a single play then a defensive player should not be able to get thirteen + points on any one single snap.

sacks,... would be worth, 0, for one, 0 for two, and 3 points for 3 on a day, 4 for four on a day, and one point each for any more on a day, and 0 for half sacks
and that would be both for the indiv. D player, and the team D,

This is what I would like to see in a fantasy Football league, well ,it doesn't exist, so no FF for me until it does.

Last edited by THROW LONG; 08/17/23 07:30 PM.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
What would I do with a blocked kick, then I got it, not 3 points like a turnover, but 2 points
a blocked kick for a td would be worth only seven, unless it could be worth up to nine, but not more than nine,
a blocked kick would be worth 2 points, and negate any negative points from your own missed Fg's up to a nine point value, and it could be cross game effective. meaning if your fantasy team lost points with the eagles and jets kickers missing, but your FF team had the bills D block a kick that could wipe out the negative points for misses in the other games up to nine. maybe twelve, maybe the whole day.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Do we know the order of our picks yet? I'd like to do a few mock drafts before Saturday because I stink at drafting lol

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
I’m gonna try to randomly let the computer set it later today.

Legend
Legend
thanks buddy

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Draft order has been set:

1. The Bettys
2. Moccasins
3. Silver Bullets
4. Team Daravens40
5. Team GMDawg
6. Dawgs4Life
7. Team MemphisBrownie
8. The Myles High Club
9. Team DT BullDawg
10. Team Dawg66

Good luck to all this season. Reminder, Draft is this Saturday at 7:00pm

M
Legend
Legend
M
Draft order has been set:

1. The Bettys
2. Moccasins
3. Silver Bullets
4. Team Daravens40
5. Team GMDawg
6. Dawgs4Life
7. Team MemphisBrownie
8. The Myles High Club
9. Team DT BullDawg
10. Team Dawg66

Good luck to all this season. Reminder, Draft is this Saturday at 7:00pm
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
thanks French

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
No problem

F
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
F
Mock drafts go quick and smooth on the app. Did two, and I swear I was done in ten minutes or less.

Rookie
Rookie
Damn missed it and all spots are full! Well, good luck all!

When I played in the sandbox the cat kept covering me up.-Rodney Dangerfield
Legend
Legend
You can still register for the Survivor and Pick'em leagues...

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Fantasy & Gaming Any fantasy leagues?

Link Copied to Clipboard