Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Pdawg

Maybe Callahan thinks he can play LT. Otherwise I thought our depth looked pretty good. Can't find a ton of info about him. Played at FSU, but no combine invite and underwhelming athletic measurables. I guess we'll see what Callahan can do with him.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
That's fine we signed an OL but I'd like to see us sign another DT at some point for depth also.

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I'm sorry Hunter Thedford, but I'm kind of glad you're gone, so I can finally stop temporarily confusing you with Thayer Munford every time I see or hear your name. Best of luck going forward.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
Legend
Legend
I hope Newsome isn't out a long time

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
T
Legend
Legend
T
If the regular season ended today. b/c preseason doesn't count. The Browns likely would be on the outside of the playoffs with these afc records, I think might not be too: : far off. in seeds for the playoffs
KC fifteen and two
Cinncinnati thirteen and four
Buffalo twelve and five
Tenn ten and seven div winner
Miami eleven and six
Baltimore eleven and six, .. or ten and seven depending on a game against Pittsburgh
Jacksonville ten and seven not div winner.

Cleveland nine and eight or eight and nine depending on a game against Pittsburgh
NY Jets nine and eight
Pittsburgh seven and ten, or eight and nine or nine and eight depending on a game against Baltimore and a game against Cleveland
New England seven and ten
Denver six and eleven
L. A. Chargers six and eleven
Las Vegas five and twelve
Houston five and twelve
Indianapolis four and thirteen.

Maybe a Power rankings in my opinion, for the afc, Today. If, the Browns could prove they could score @uickly and change their offensive philosophy of refusing to go over the top, and refusing to make every single offensive snap aim for a touchdown, and not just be part of an eleven play 'slow walk' down the field, where even their catchers may 'stop, drop, and roll', after getting the catch, or, aim to run out the sideline instead of momentum carrying them toward the touchdown after they secure the catch and continue to run, then maybe they could move up.
but until then, puke, pretenders not contenders.
Kevin Stefanski needs a new menu.

The offensive playcalling, the playcalling, not the execution, or players, but the playcalling, and decisions 'during the game' and ON offense, is an East Palestine Ohio situation, major cleanup and monitoring.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't think any of us have a clue how the Browns season will go other than being based on feelings and emotion. There are reasons to believe that the season will be an improvement over the past couple of seasons based on upgrades at certain positions and the hiring of Schwartz as DC. But that has to be seen how it will all play out on the field over the course of the season. So while only venturing a guess I would think those with a more positive opinion of how this season will go have more to base that on than those who don't.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
haha that's wild

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
Here is the link to the article:

https://www.brownsnation.com/bengals-legend-has-high-praise-for-browns-wr/

This is some serious high praise from high places in the receiver world.

Chad Ocho Cinco:

"He was the real deal at Tennessee, scouts must do their due diligence & homework & not allow injury to ignore special abilities, Hyatt & Tillman are up next."

Randy Moss:

"Cedric Tillman is reportedly thought to be the “best young receiver” to enter the NFL in the past 15 years by Randy Moss (HOF WR).
Moss also said it’s “not even close” and that every owner in the NFL should be “pissed” they passed on him."

I don't know. We shall see. But I like reading things like that.

1 member likes this: GratefulDawg
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
That's fine we signed an OL but I'd like to see us sign another DT at some point for depth also.
... The Browns announced Saturday that they have signed cornerback Gavin Heslop and offensive tackle Derrick Kelly II. Heslop is in his second season out of Stony Brook. He originally signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted free agent in 2020. ...

^I couldn't find out whether he played more at Guard or Tackle while at Florida state, but then today a search of position brought this. ^

How would he change the OT room? He appears to have all of the mass and look of a good tough tackle, but he has only appeared in practice s@uads and took some time off.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Was at camp today. After seeing Moore I can say he is going to be a problem for defenses. He is a great route runner that can run. He also catches the ball with his hands. I came away completely impressed.

#gmstrong
1 member likes this: FATE
L
Legend
Legend
L
Originally Posted by bonefish
Here is the link to the article:

https://www.brownsnation.com/bengals-legend-has-high-praise-for-browns-wr/

This is some serious high praise from high places in the receiver world.

Chad Ocho Cinco:

"He was the real deal at Tennessee, scouts must do their due diligence & homework & not allow injury to ignore special abilities, Hyatt & Tillman are up next."

Randy Moss:

"Cedric Tillman is reportedly thought to be the “best young receiver” to enter the NFL in the past 15 years by Randy Moss (HOF WR).
Moss also said it’s “not even close” and that every owner in the NFL should be “pissed” they passed on him."

I don't know. We shall see. But I like reading things like that.

Having been stationed in Ky during the Manning years at TN I kind of adopted them as a second team in CFB, so I have probably watched more Tillman than most.. So like I've said before, I could easily see him securing that #2 spot and eventually take over for Cooper. He's got all the tools and will be a reliable target for Watson. The key is having a QB like watson who will give him a chance to make plays.

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Pdawg
Was at camp today. After seeing Moore I can say he is going to be a problem for defenses. He is a great route runner that can run. He also catches the ball with his hands. I came away completely impressed.
this has been a pretty consistent take from everyone ... let's hope!

F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by THROW LONG
If the regular season ended today. b/c preseason doesn't count. The Browns likely would be on the outside of the playoffs with these afc records, I think might not be too: : far off. in seeds for the playoffs
KC fifteen and two
Cinncinnati thirteen and four
Buffalo twelve and five
Tenn ten and seven div winner
Miami eleven and six
Baltimore eleven and six, .. or ten and seven depending on a game against Pittsburgh
Jacksonville ten and seven not div winner.

Cleveland nine and eight or eight and nine depending on a game against Pittsburgh
NY Jets nine and eight
Pittsburgh seven and ten, or eight and nine or nine and eight depending on a game against Baltimore and a game against Cleveland
New England seven and ten
Denver six and eleven
L. A. Chargers six and eleven
Las Vegas five and twelve
Houston five and twelve
Indianapolis four and thirteen.

Maybe a Power rankings in my opinion, for the afc, Today. If, the Browns could prove they could score @uickly and change their offensive philosophy of refusing to go over the top, and refusing to make every single offensive snap aim for a touchdown, and not just be part of an eleven play 'slow walk' down the field, where even their catchers may 'stop, drop, and roll', after getting the catch, or, aim to run out the sideline instead of momentum carrying them toward the touchdown after they secure the catch and continue to run, then maybe they could move up.
but until then, puke, pretenders not contenders.
Kevin Stefanski needs a new menu.

The offensive playcalling, the playcalling, not the execution, or players, but the playcalling, and decisions 'during the game' and ON offense, is an East Palestine Ohio situation, major cleanup and monitoring.

I have read countless articles about how deep the AFC and how many "quality, if not franchise QBs" are in the AFC. Anything is possible, but I don't see two team coming out with a record at or above 13-4. THer are just too many tough games teams will face to achieve these lofty records. We will see. I guess that's why they play the games and not issue playoff tickets before the season starts.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c…

Legend
Legend
watch us stash Thomas with an injury for the season

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think the way we ended up with Tillman in the third round is the exact same way we ended up with Chubb in the second round. I think Chad nailed it when he talked about teams shouldn't allow injuries to cause them to ignore special abilities. I think he was an absolute steal and had no idea he would still be there in the third round.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Browns DEs Alex Wright and Isaiah Thomas suffer significant knee injuries, will miss extended time

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...ee-injuries-will-miss-extended-time.html

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Tough luck but at least the injuries aren't season ending.

M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by 3rd_and_20
Browns DEs Alex Wright and Isaiah Thomas suffer significant knee injuries, will miss extended time

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/20...ee-injuries-will-miss-extended-time.html

It sux, but now Isaiah McGuire will get more reps.

[Linked Image]

M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Next man up..!

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

What a recovery.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I'd like us to bring in a vet to backup Chubb if Ford is out a few weeks or more. Michael Carter Is a name to watch

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
I'd like us to bring in a vet to backup Chubb if Ford is out a few weeks or more. Michael Carter Is a name to watch

I was thinking John (Leroy) Kelly should be a great backup we can use for cheap.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

I was thinking John (Leroy) Kelly should be a great backup we can use for cheap.
I wonder the reason why we haven't given him more of a shot to this point. We'll see if he is in the plans now.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

I wonder the reason why we haven't given him more of a shot to this point. We'll see if he is in the plans now.

How many years has this guy been in TC or on the practice squad since the FO has been here? In his third now? I think the FO has a firm opinion of his perceived value at this point. I suppose his chances are better to make the 53 now that Ford is dealing with an injury but what happens with he comes back? I think, for Kelly's sake, his chances at regular time on an NFL roster and a real career growth opportunity might not be in Cleveland.

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by MemphisBrownie

How many years has this guy been in TC or on the practice squad since the FO has been here? In his third now? I think the FO has a firm view of his perceived value at this point. I suppose his chances are better to make the 53 now that Ford is dealing with an injury but what happens with he comes back? I think, for Kelly's sake, his chances at regular time on an NFL roster and a real career growth opportunity might not be in Cleveland.
yeah that was my thought too. Our FO has seen him more than anyone and has still not pulled the trigger

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
]

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Seems like a good plan to me.

DW needs to get ready for the routine of the regular season. Preparing for games. Getting reps under fire. Getting comfortable with the speed of the game.

At the same time be smart. A few series first. Add a little but don't exceed a quarter. There is a balance that has to be found.

Risk management between preparation and injury risk.

They will do the right thing. Injury is random so nothing is guaranteed.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Lost in this clip is a nice little burst off the line by Wills. That is, of course, if it is Wills. Maybe someone subbing.

Tackles are tackles.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Schwartz's best catch of his professional career, thus far.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: Hammer, jfanent
Legend
Legend
j/c

Sure would like to see him do that during a game- and actually hang on to the ball at play's end.

Sometimes, we'll have a player warming up on spots we'd be soon rehearsing, just tearin' it up.
The response is always the same: "Save it for when there are witnesses." It's always done with a wink and grin.

In school, we used to call guys like Schwartz "Practice room virtuosi" ...guys who can amaze you when there is zero pressure, but fold like wet newspaper when there is an audience watching/listening. It's painful to know folks like that. You feel for them, but in the end... you either produce- or you disappear. Real Life is rough, yo. 'Nat Geo Wild'-level rough.

Manyfolk assume that musicians are soft creatures. Trust this: there is no more competitive, cutthroat, brutally judgmental peer group on this planet. Case in point: we came off the stage for intermission at a Pops concert some years back. It was a national act, pretty famous headliner (can't remember who) and I heard this exchange:

"Hey, man... what did you think of that drum solo?"
"Sounded like he pushed the whole drum kit down a flight of stairs..."

Me, evesdropping:
rofl rofl rofl

Pretty sure that's how some Browns players see Schwartz.
I wanted so much to like this kid, but he just keeps making me shake my head slowly...

"too many notes, not enough music-"
1 member likes this: oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Schwartz syndrome.

The thing is you want to like the guy. At the same time you expect him to fail. Then you want to dislike him.

I remember when the Dodger second baseman Steve Sax ( not a tenor) could not make the throw to first.

Or, when a basketball player cannot make a free throw.

It is so painful to watch. You feel the embarrassment.

This is Schwartz's last chance. He has to make the team or he may never play again.

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P

Schwartz's best catch of his professional career, thus far.

Seeing this is as rare as spotting the California Condor.

#gmstrong
2 members like this: 3rd_and_20, Clemdawg
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Right now I think AS is on the outside looking in. It's too bad because I like the kid and wanted him to do well. Even if he ran the 40 in 3 and a half it's no good if you can't catch or run the right routes.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes, Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard