Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
DTR is our best backup

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: PastorMarc
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
cade york is officially a problem

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
York is a dork lol

L
Legend
Legend
L
Between stefanskis short yard playcalling and us still not having a kicker since Dawson we are going to be bottom dwellers again

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
really a lot to be desired tonight

P
Legend
Legend
P
Wow York we are going need those FG's in some of our tougher games ...

John 3:16 Jesus said "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by PastorMarc
Wow York we are going need those FG's in some of our tougher games ...
it's going to win or lose us 2-3 games this season IMO

1 member likes this: PastorMarc
L
Legend
Legend
L
Hot take , York won’t be our week one kicker

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. -John Wayne
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Tommy Togiai really isn't good lol

L
Legend
Legend
L
Berry has missed on more picks than he’s hit. It’s the reason our depth sucks

Legend
Legend
Eating us up.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Our dbs are just bad bad bad

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
really a disappointing night after the first 12-15 plays. You can really see that our depth is not good and we are a really disjointed team right now

L
Legend
Legend
L
DTR will be the backup

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
DTR looks really good!!!!

Legend
Legend
Im questioned why we drafted DTR, but he is really showing out. He seems to understand what is going on around him, seems to make quick reads and has nice touch on his throws.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

John 14:19 Jesus said: Because I live, you also will live.
1 member likes this: 3rd_and_20
L
Legend
Legend
L
Welp it’s garbage time

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
cade york is officially a problem

I'm cutting him Monday...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
The offense went from stalled, to vibrant, to stalled again.

Micah 6:8; He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

L
Legend
Legend
L
2nd and 23 no problem against these future car wash attendants

B
All Pro
All Pro
B
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
The offense went from stalled, to vibrant, to stalled again.

sounds like the first car I ever owned

L
Legend
Legend
L
Mond is a PS guy

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Stefanski loves throwing screens to slow TE

staple play!

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Hickman is balling

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
Legend
Legend
So .... dows Austin Watkins Jr have a chance at a spot, roster, or PS?

T
Legend
Legend
T
Is it time to lower expectations for the season in spite of the talent.

NO matter the talent, this offense could ruin superman.

the Ist team had seven or more plays inside the 30, and they did not target an eligible receiver in the end zone with that first team offense.

Whoever is in charge of the offense, continually costs you 3 points AT LEAST in the first half,
and that is not on the players or talent,
that is, dumb choices, not taking the FG when it... when you are inside the 6 yard line, game after game, after game,
after game last year, after game last year, after game after game.

They didn't even, try a target, a blasted target into the end zone , with the ones,
if you are happy not getting into the playoffs
then give the offense a hey yeah. but,
wake up folks, head coach or some coach, is costing you points, and wins.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by YTownBrownsFan
So .... dows Austin Watkins Jr have a chance at a spot, roster, or PS?

I really like him. I have him seventh on the depth chart.

Cooper
Moore
DPJ
Tillman
Bell
Grant
Watkins

I know we haven’t seen Grant yet but we really need him for our special teams.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by DaveyD
NFL+ is an absolute joke. You cannot stream games to your TV. Only can watch on your phone or tablet.
last year i watched on an app on with a firestick. havent tried this year

Joe Thomas #73
Legend
Legend
Backup guys who caught my eye tonight
DTR (again)
Bell
Watkins (again)
Mitchell-Paden (also on ST)
Hickman
Hurst
Phelps

Togiai did get pressure on a couple of plays, getting credit for 1/2 sack. I don’t think he looked good overall. Same with Martin

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Glad that was just a pre-season game. The Browns have no depth and need an FG kicker.

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
- We had a nice first drive, but didn't love the red zone play calling. It seems like we rarely throw it IN to the end zone.
Not even once = less than rarely.

It is terrible how analytics and in game coaching is ruining all of this talent on offense.

How many times can they be all but shut out in the first half and the end of a game comes down to an onside kick just to have a chance.

Do the Chiefs ever re@uire that?
The Browns? It is about nine out of fourteen games

There is no way they will ever win a championship with this head coach, no matter who you put on the team in individual positions.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
W
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
W
Questions and thoughts from watching the game:

What did/has Josh Dobbs EVER done to garner that $2MM guaranteed deal he signed earlier this year? I know he's really smart and is a great guy. But how about playing the position he's signed-for. That mistake guarantees we will burn up (3) spots at QB for the 53;

What did/has Josh Dobbs Jordan Elliott EVER done to garner that $2MM $1.5MM guaranteed deal he signed earlier this year? I don't know if he's really smart or is a great guy. But how about playing the position he's signed-for. That move guarantees that we will cut a guy - or not bring in a guy - who is simply better or with better potential;

What in the world did Mond show last year to steal a spot on the 53 for the entire year;

DTR has already, wildly exceeded my expectations;

Watson still looks a little clunky and uncomfortable...but light years ahead of last year;

I'm sorry...but Felton is not an NFL RB...he's just not. AB trying to save face on his selection...again. Let's play someone else...anyone else...to see if they can be a RB here;

I'm sorry...but Schwartz is not an NFL WR...he's just not. AB trying to save face on his selection...again. Too bad other guys like Watkins don't get that many opportunities;

Harris is an undersized C and is not special in any way...yet he is getting a ton of opportunities...I wonder who drafted him. We know he's a skater...lets see what Wypler has;

Why can we NOT find a 6'2"320 pound dude who can plug the middle as a backup DT. Winfrey is a dipshoot...but he's better than the other backups;

Ski still has no clue in the read zone...none...zip...nada;

Right now...I don't see how we can go into the year with York as our K;

I keep reading about our needs at KR...I say we fair catch EVERY kickoff so as to not keep a guy like Felton as an insurance KR and/or with a guy like Grant making the roster;

I don't think it's going to be "hard" to make this roster...especially for AB's draft picks who are getting a glaring amount of opportunities...we don't have this plethora of talent like we are telling ourselves...again.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
good points. I sense that Felton and Kelly try to bounce it outside far too much and it hinders our offense.

In terms of Mond/Dobbs ... yeah, they stink. DTR is our backup

H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
I also am starting to think we don't have as much talent as we thought. Fairly good amount but not a huge amount.

Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Homewood Dog
I also am starting to think we don't have as much talent as we thought. Fairly good amount but not a huge amount.
well we certainly don't have the depth, especially in the front 7

We also have to remember that Cooper, Bitonio, and Chubb didn't play with the offense. That's a significant upgrade

D
All Pro
All Pro
D
2 games into a vanilla preseason and a few of y'all's comments is hilarious.

You dont have to win every game just the next one!
2 members like this: ScottPlayersFacemask, Ballpeen
Legend
Legend
They do not stand out, and neither seems to have glaring upside. I AM excited about how DTR looks, his work habits, and the more I hear, the more I like him. He acts and moves like DW. If his game can be brought along to make use of his skills and play like Watson, I see him as our backup easily as compared to his competition. The other two don't seem to bring enough to be NFL starters. .02

"Every responsibility implies opportunity, and every opportunity implies responsibility." Otis Allen Glazebrook, 1880
M
mac Offline
Legend
Legend
M
Originally Posted by leadtheway
Offense was stefanski’d at the goal line. Two very stupid calls

lead...it was disgusting watching Stefanski's GOAL LINE OFFENSE, (from the 1-2 yd line) that picked up right where Stefanski's 2022 offense ended..FAILING..!

On the first run..Stefanski decides to run his smallest RB on a power dive play...just one problem, RB Felton misses the hole that developed off the butt of #77 Teller in the A-Gap. Felton takes one glance at all those big bodies and plants his foot and bumps the play to the outside, where the Browns TE got his butt shoved into the backfield...NO GAIN..!

Stefanski's next short yardage brain storm, from the 1 yd line...let's run "a power sweep" to the left with #41 RB Kelly, pulling our center #55 and guard #68 to lead the play. That play may have worked but the Browns RT #78 allowed the Washington DE, who lined up just off of CONKLIN'S right shoulder...Conklin bypasses the DE, allowing him to run free while our #78 decides to take the LB who is at the 2nd level...this while #90 Montez Sweat runs down the Browns RB from behind.

Stefanski simply has no clue when it comes to running POWER FOOTBALL...it seems that Stefanski always tries to get cute in the red zone...he is going to get himself FIRED if he doesn't pull his head out of his butt. He had the entire off season to address red zone offense and this is what he came up with.

Home of the Free, Because of the Brave...
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I agree. The other two are so below average

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Washington Gameday vs Washington

Link Copied to Clipboard