Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
Seeing this is as rare as spotting the California Condor.

...and sady, both are on the "Endangered Species List."

"too many notes, not enough music-"
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
j/c:

The most I've ever heard Chubb speak. brownie

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
I love that Nick Chubb feels that way.

He is the best back IMO. And really it is not that close.

L
Legend
Legend
L
Two or three more Pro Bowl-type seasons and he’s going to follow Joe Thomas right into Canton. Especially if he bulldozes the Browns to a Super Bowl title.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
Legend
Legend
Nick is everything you want in a back.

But because of the way things are in the NFL today. It is really hard to play ten years as a running back.

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by bonefish
I love that Nick Chubb feels that way.

He is the best back IMO. And really it is not that close.

Oh, it's close. There's a 1A and a 1B, take your pick.

[Linked Image from media0.giphy.com]

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Nick Chubb is my all-time favorite football player. Not only is he arguably the best back in the league, he is the very image of humility. He scores and gives the ball to the ref and joins his teammates to celebrate, no choreographed touchdown celebration. He doesn't strike a 'look at me' pose when he makes a good play, he doesn't taunt or bark at his opponents.

In 2019, late in the season, he was standing in front of reporters at a presser. For a few weeks he and Derrik Henry had been leap-frogging each other in total yardage and yards per carry. An out-of-town reporter asked him how he felt about leading the league yet when the talking heads talked about the top running backs it was Barkley, McCafferty, and Elliot. Nick gave his little smile and said "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." The reporter was disappointed that he hadn't gotten the juicy quote he wanted. But Nick wasn't talking about just football, that is his approach to life.

1. #GMstrong
2. "I'm just trying to be the best Nick I can be." ~ Nick Chubb
3. Forgive me Elf, I didn’t have faith. ~ Tulsa
4. ClemenZa #1
1 member likes this: Clemdawg
Legend
Legend
Henry IMO is a powerhouse but he cannot do what Chubb can.

He is not as versatile. He is not as quick. Henry is a straight ahead power back.

I would take Chubb over Henry. Not saying Henry is not good. He is.

And I am prejudiced.

Legend
Legend
I would take Chubb over Henry too.

With our offense I MIGHT take CMC over Chubb because I think we want to pass more now, but I still think Chubb is a better RB than him

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
B
All Pro
All Pro
B
And it's going to severely tick me off when we don't extend Chubb and let him go in free agency. He's a playmaker, he can be our version of Barry Sanders if we ever get the right head coach. Who else are we going to roll with at RB1?? Felton, the poor man's Eric Metcalf??

Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
The thing about Henry is the style of RB he is. He takes a lot of hits and a lot of punishment. Much the same type of RB as Zeke. I played FB in school and at that time it was a position that got a lot of plays called their way. So I love watching physical RB's. From Mike Alstott to Larry Csonka to John Riggins to Peyton Hillis.

The problem being taking all of that physical punishment is certainly not conducive to having a long and productive career. That abuse takes a toll on the body.

The Browns have not had an abundance of talent at the QB position in what seems like forever. As such they have had to be dependent on the running game a great deal. We'll see just how much or how little that dynamic changes with watson here. How much a team depends on their RB establishes that RB's value to their team.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M

D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Dude just cannot stay healthy, I feel bad for him. NFL football may not be his thing.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
H
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
H
Agreed and I had hopes for this kid with a new DC. Another tough break

Legend
Legend
MoreForYouCleveland
@MoreForYou_CLE
#Browns are signing RB Jordan Wilkins, per
@AaronWilson_NFL

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
I
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
I
Originally Posted by DaveyD
Originally Posted by Milk Man
j/c...

Dude just cannot stay healthy, I feel bad for him. NFL football may not be his thing.
Alot hype surrounding him when he came out of LSU.
Even when he got on the field he rarely made meaningful plays
He gets the Scooby Wright award

Legend
Legend

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Dawand Jones made an unusual 2 moves of blocking before the Browns Rb fumbled by falling into Jones' hip it appeared, Jones went inside and when the player kind of out maneuvered his block, Jones made a @uick step back to the outside and blindly got right into the path of the Browns rb, who fell into Jones' back hip or side which appeared to knock the ball out, in the exhibition game against Washington.

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life
MoreForYouCleveland
@MoreForYou_CLE
#Browns are signing RB Jordan Wilkins, per
@AaronWilson_NFL

If there were no single group of players on earth that Berry and Stefanski could win with, they would continually never stop changing the group, to keep the focus off of the flawed philosophy on offense.

If you are playing the Browns, your deep safety can take the day off, because the Browns only throw underneath, or routes that run full speed into the bench.

Is signing Jordan Wilkins a move that takes a step back in running game effectiveness
I mean I think in 202I, beyond Chubb, who we know they don't feature without a 2nd guy, a depth chart would have been
Kareem, D'Ernest, a healthy Ford, and then Wilkins
but now the top 2 are gone, and now Ford is with a hip injury?

Is Wilkins going to be anything other than another guy with whom you can play toss across within 3 yards + or minus of the line of scrimmage when you get into scoring position, the final ten yards and you don't attack the end zone with any of your receivers even once,

Can Deshaun Watson play better for the Browns, than Baker Mayfield would have? ... Now the Games count.
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by lampdogg
Two or three more Pro Bowl-type seasons and he’s going to follow Joe Thomas right into Canton. Especially if he bulldozes the Browns to a Super Bowl title.

I pray we can get Chubb a Superbowl... Damn shame that Thomas didn't even get to experience the playoffs...

<><

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Nick Chubb is my all-time favorite football player. Not only is he arguably the best back in the league, he is the very image of humility. He scores and gives the ball to the ref and joins his teammates to celebrate, no choreographed touchdown celebration. He doesn't strike a 'look at me' pose when he makes a good play, he doesn't taunt or bark at his opponents.

I still remember that little iso clip of he and Kareem on the bench.

Kareem Hunt: "I wanna get a touchdown!"
Nick Chubb: "I wanna get a win."

Not a knock on Kareem; just another example of how class and consistent Nick is.

2 members like this: PrplPplEater, W84NxtYrAgain
B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

Sorry to hear that. This being his last year on the contract, say good-by to him.

Just another on the long list of NFL players who came in with high hopes and for one reason or another, it never worked out.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Clemdawg

Not a knock on Kareem; just another example of how class and consistent Nick is.

It actually was OBJ that said "I wanna score a touchdown". Such a telling bit about both players.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
2 members like this: FATE, oobernoober
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Sorry to hear that. This being his last year on the contract, say good-by to him.

Just another on the long list of NFL players who came in with high hopes and for one reason or another, it never worked out.

Hate hearing it, but he's played what, 20 games in 4 years? Is it time to throw in the towel on the guy?

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
Legend
Legend
The record is 11 games in 4 years. Held by the flash.

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
Legend
Legend
What comes out of this scrimmage with the Eagles will be important.

I don't expect the starters to play much in the remaining two pre-season games.

The scrimmage will be starters except for players nursing injury. DW will play a lot. He can be pressured but not hit.

So he is getting valuable reps with low risk of injury.

Obviously the Eagles are a good team. We can see how we measure up. It is a good test to see where we stand.

Both the offense and defense will be tested. We don't play the Eagles. The scrimmage will not show other teams what we are working on. It is not on tv.

We get to play them for a couple days. This is a good way for the coaches to prepare teams for real under fire conditions.

1 member likes this: ScottPlayersFacemask
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by jfanent

It actually was OBJ that said "I wanna score a touchdown". Such a telling bit about both players.

Yeah, scoring a TD wouldn't be helping your team win. People search so hard to make issues out of nothing sometimes. Then will ignore far more glaring issues on the other hand.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I've seen that Hunt has visited three teams with no signings. His camp must be asking for too much

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG

Yeah, scoring a TD wouldn't be helping your team win. People search so hard to make issues out of nothing sometimes. Then will ignore far more glaring issues on the other hand.

Yeah, that's what I said. rolleyes If you don't see the glaring difference between the mindsets of Nick Chubb and OBJ, you need help. I've never seen someone so consistently hell bent on trying to create an argument.

And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.
- John Muir

#GMSTRONG
P
Legend
Legend
P
So scoring points doesn't help your team win? Those two statements mean pretty much the same thing. All you and some others are attempting to do is dissect the verbiage. When you have a predetermined mind set of what you will find, you will find it.

#gmstrong
T
Legend
Legend
T
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
The record is 11 games in 4 years. Held by the flash.
< Josh Gordon It may be but,
Others have honorable mentions.
in other news

It is interesting that in the only game time we have seen of Elijah Moore he did as much lined up as a Rb as he did lined up as a Wr.
Maybe he is the Kareem Hunt replacement, Maybe a Landry one,
that would leave open that the new pick, ...Cedric Tillman is a DPJ challenger, or a Bell upgrade
then Akins would be a Bryant challenger,
then they would be standing pat with Njoku, Cooper, and Chubb.

Is J. Grant going to return to returns or is he still out with injury.

T
Legend
Legend
T
Would you consider activating five TE's against the Ravens, Njoku, Akins, Bryant, Mitchel Paden, and Forristall,
it's worth a shot as much as anything else because Head Coach can't beat them even if he scores 40 points.
see, activating five TE's would help to neutralize Marlon Humphrey's coverage of your receivers b/c
having more fresh TE to put into the game would give you more plays, more snaps of the ball where you have a positive outcome against their D by using your TE's, both in blocking and receiving.

and of the times K. S. did beat the Ravens did they have healthy DB's? I don't know but suspect they didn't.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Let me explain this in a way maybe you haven't considered. Exactly how many offensive play makers do you want on the field that don't want to score a TD the next time they touch the ball?

Don't you think every time watson throws the ball he doesn't hope that pass is a completion and is taken to the end zone for a TD? How about every time he runs with the ball? Do you think every time Chubb carries the ball he hopes it doesn't turn out to be a TD? How about any other RB, TE or WR?

For me if that isn't their goal when they touch the ball I don't really know if I want them on the field. Because that is their job. That's their ultimate goal. The entire point of having offensive play makers is for them to score. I do understand that there are times they recognize that's not going to happen as the play is executed. Sometimes they will go out of bounds because it's obvious their goal of reaching the end zone isn't going to happen. Often times they will go out of bounds during the final two minutes to preserve the clock. But their goal when that ball is snapped is to reach the end zone.

That's not something nefarious or something negative. It's actually what they're getting paid to do their best to accomplish.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

Troof in print.

...and you're you're absolutely correct about the personnel. It's all coming back, now...
(I think I got it twisted because of all the iso's we saw of 27 sitting right next to 24)

T
Legend
Legend
T
The Chiefs, had a play, on offense, and they really had no great pass protectors in,
but, the blitz came, and they had had 3 go routes,
now that is like a 3 point shot in basketball, and the problem is the Browns never try this, well not since 200I when Northcutt was still on the team,
the rush was picked up by one small guy taking a dive block to the opponents knees the @uarterback threw and dropped it in for a 30 yard gain to the ten ... actually I2 or I3 yard line, against the saints

Until the Browns are willing to even attempt that type of play, the Browns offense will be a roadblock to success, and pretenders
What coaches are to blame?

B
Legend
Legend
B
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Originally Posted by Ballpeen

Hate hearing it, but he's played what, 20 games in 4 years? Is it time to throw in the towel on the guy?

I don't see any reason to sign him to another contract.

I liked the guy and thought he had the potential to be pretty solid, but injuries always seemed to get in the way of him being able to make any real progress. After 4 years in the league, I don't think we can keep going forward based on hope. At some point it's simply "it is what it is". I'd rather go with some new player with potential and hang our hat on that for a while, be it some guy already on the roster or a drafted player next year.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
oh I agree ... I think Phillips has seen his last NFL snap unfortunately

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes, Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard