Print Thread
#2023151 08/15/23 09:00 AM
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Well after all the hype about seeing the starters...I was rather disappointed, just one series and that was it.

Watson cannot understand this hoopla that he showed he was back??? huh out of one series that we could not finish for a TD although I think we got jobbed on the run for a TD. As for Watson I did not see this oh so comfortable moment the talking heads were pushing. I saw a QB who ran and ran well.

I liked Elijah Moore especially from the slot running the ball combined with Chubb what a great 1, 2 of course without Chubb out there hard to get the full effect. I think Watson will look great but who knows as no Chubb, no Njoku and one series that we could not finish of which I blame Stefanski more so than Watson.

Defense could be awesome but again key starters not in. Nice to see Hurst out there except he was more rah rah than action. But the D showed how it could dominate.

Just hope these kids can stay healthy for a season. Watson looked solid, I loved the way he just bounced off the defender and then made his run. back up RBs so far not looking good. I liked what the rookie Jones looked like although he made rookie mistakes.

Schwartz totally sucks I'm talking about our WR. Time for him to go as he is just taking up space as in a roster move. Bell I thought showed improvement and I don't know why dawgs dont like him he has hands and guts. Aikins TE looked ok from the little I got to see of him. Just too much hype that scares me - ONE SERIES I don't see it and I don't have the confidence in Ski and his O as I do in Schwartz and his D. One has shown that he is in total command and the other is shaky.

Hope we get to see more - I understand there is a fine line between playing and getting injured we must be careful.

Go Browns - but not much to see to determine facts about this team!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
1 member likes this: FATE
Legend
Legend
I agree about Moore. He seems to be very integral and good. I think he and Cooper have some great potential together. I also would LOVE to see more of Watson actually throwing for chunks of yards. We haven't seen that really

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
The only thoughts I had about watsn was everything was dink and dunk. Nothing thrown downfield. And it seemed he had a tendency to run early. One look and go. He ran well when he did run but it seemed like he gave very little time for the plays to develop and just took off quickly.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
The only thoughts I had about watsn was everything was dink and dunk. Nothing thrown downfield. And it seemed he had a tendency to run early. One look and go. He ran well when he did run but it seemed like he gave very little time for the plays to develop and just took off quickly.
that's how I felt too. Maybe that's because we didn't have Cooper, but he was only looking 5-10 yards down field

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
I saw a series that was used as an offensive practice.

Know your assignments. Get used to the rhythm of the offense. Moore is a big part of how the offense will work.

Felton looked ok. No Chubb at the goal line hurts.

Defense was ok. Mostly guys looking for a roster spot.

York needs competition. Forget his feelings. Get better Cade or get replaced.

Not much can be drawn from that game.

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I saw what I see every year at this time

Not sure why people want to see starters playing at a high level

It's for non starters to showcase their game to earn a roster spot

Schemes are and always will be vanilla, not to tip off up coming real season opponents

Originally Posted by bonefish

York needs competition. Forget his feelings. Get better Cade or get replaced.

Is it York or the placement holder ?

It's been said that York is always on in practice

In practice York kicks from a mechanical place holder

In games, Corey Bojorquez is the placement holder and seems to be when the problems begin

There has been controversy over his reliability of being a placement holder

B
Legend
Legend
B
I think he was probably told by the staff to "boom boom throw" or get out of the pocket and run or throw it away.

There is no percentage in your favor to have your QB standing around in the pocket during a preseason game..any game for that matter.

If everybody had like minds, we would never learn.

GM Strong

[Linked Image]
Legend
Legend
the narrative of the punter being an issue has been said before, and you wonder how much merit there is to it. He's been a decent punter, but maybe he's not a good holder

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Feels that way D4L

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Preseason Gameday vs Washington What I saw vs Commanders

Link Copied to Clipboard