Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
So scoring points doesn't help your team win? Those two statements mean pretty much the same thing. All you and some others are attempting to do is dissect the verbiage. When you have a predetermined mind set of what you will find, you will find it.

Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by jfanent
Originally Posted by Clemdawg
Nick Chubb is my all-time favorite football player. Not only is he arguably the best back in the league, he is the very image of humility. He scores and gives the ball to the ref and joins his teammates to celebrate, no choreographed touchdown celebration. He doesn't strike a 'look at me' pose when he makes a good play, he doesn't taunt or bark at his opponents.

I still remember that little iso clip of he and Kareem on the bench.

Kareem Hunt: "I wanna get a touchdown!"
Nick Chubb: "I wanna get a win."

Not a knock on Kareem; just another example of how class and consistent Nick is.

It actually was OBJ that said "I wanna score a touchdown". Such a telling bit about both players.

Yeah, scoring a TD wouldn't be helping your team win. People search so hard to make issues out of nothing sometimes. Then will ignore far more glaring issues on the other hand.

Yeah, that's what I said. rolleyes If you don't see the glaring difference between the mindsets of Nick Chubb and OBJ, you need help. I've never seen someone so consistently hell bent on trying to create an argument.

Damn you Jfan, you put Pit in "you see" mode! Now he's going to spend the day Pit 'splaining!!

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
2 members like this: jfanent, MemphisBrownie
P
Legend
Legend
P
I already explained it in a way that anyone can understand. Your offensive play makers are supposed to want to score when they touch the ball. If they don't they should become a used car salesman.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
I already explained it in a way that anyone can understand. Your offensive play makers are supposed to want to score when they touch the ball. If they don't they should become a used car salesman.

And yet, "you see", nobody needs to understand the value of scoring touchdowns. That is not, and has never been, the argument with this very special OBJ microcosm. You've jumped on it, every time it's been mentioned, and tried to explain touchdowns to everyone.

This is the example of the "Me, me, me, MEEEE!" that we've always seen from him.

His congratulatory remarks to a teammate were "I want to score a touchdown".

We DO NOT need to understand the value of touchdowns to make a judgement about that little gem. wink

P
Legend
Legend
P
That little gem as you call it, simply vocalized his desire to score a TD. Which is what he got paid to do. Just because some of you wish to put some negative spin on that is a you problem.

He vocalized that he wanted to do what he's getting paid to do. What a terrible thing!

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
If OBJ were running down the sidelines with the ball, a minute or 2 left in the 4th up 10-7, with no tacklers between him the and endzone... do you think he'd run straight into the endzone or slow down and step out of bounds at the 1?

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
A
Legend
Legend
A
If he stepped out of bounds, that would be stupid. Get the touchdown.

If he sat down on the 1, that would keep the clock going.

1 member likes this: THROW LONG
Legend
Legend
He was comparing the situation directly to when Chubb did it. Houston had no timeouts. While sliding down at the 1 would have been better, running out of bounds was in no way stupid -- it sealed the game. Scoring the TD would not have sealed the game.

1 member likes this: oobernoober
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by oobernoober
If OBJ were running down the sidelines with the ball, a minute or 2 left in the 4th up 10-7, with no tacklers between him the and endzone... do you think he'd run straight into the endzone or slow down and step out of bounds at the 1?

It seems you wish to make an exception to the rule the rule itself. I already stated there are certain times and certain situations that a player would not go for the end zone. But as a general rule when an offensive play maker touches the ball his goal is to score a TD. You're asking someone to make a guess based on what they "think, feel or believe" which means nothing but their own perception.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend

You know my love will Not Fade Away.........

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

Read it's an ankle. Hopefully nothing too serious.

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
well, let's hope for good news on the injury front. Don't love reading that stuff

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
but it is good to hear that our D was formidable ... I remember last year they got gashed vs Philly

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
Originally Posted by GratefulDawg

Maybe they were hungry or just wanted to hangout, none of the tweets mention they were hurt 🤷🏻‍♂️ angel

Legend
Legend

Eliot Shorr-Parks
@EliotShorrParks
#Eagles v Browns W/L Practice Verdict:

Surprised how much the offense struggled. Offensive didn’t get much of anything going. Had 1-2 deep completions but honestly I think they were sacks in a game. Hurts didn’t have much time to work from the pocket

On defense they definitely got to Watson a few times but lots of open receivers. Best deep pass of the day was by Watson.

Also surprising how the Browns seemed to be the more energized team. Last year in CLE it was Eagles. Browns came into this practice fired up.

Verdict: Browns win

Sirianni/Hurts now 6-2

Last edited by GratefulDawg; 08/14/23 06:45 PM.

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend

#gmSTRONG
Legend
Legend
Seems like Conklin is the concern of the 3 now

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

Granted, Graham is 35 but it still looks nice.

Tackles are tackles.
O
Legend
Legend
O

It seems you wish to make an exception to the rule the rule itself. I already stated there are certain times and certain situations that a player would not go for the end zone. But as a general rule when an offensive play maker touches the ball his goal is to score a TD. You're asking someone to make a guess based on what they "think, feel or believe" which means nothing but their own perception.

No.

I'm asking a (mostly) rhetorical question. There's no doubt in most people's minds that OBJ would run that ball in for a TD. Chubb wouldn't/didn't because he wants to seal the win. It's the unspoken, on-field translation of that audio clip. Sometimes people say the quiet part out loud, so to speak.

So no... my question was a slightly different angle on the discussion around that audio clip and what it represents.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
if Conklin is out (or gets hurt per usual), Jones will be in there quickly

1 member likes this: Clemdawg
P
Legend
Legend
P
I'm asking a (mostly) rhetorical question. There's no doubt in most people's minds that OBJ would run that ball in for a TD. Chubb wouldn't/didn't because he wants to seal the win. It's the unspoken, on-field translation of that audio clip. Sometimes people say the quiet part out loud, so to speak.

So no... my question was a slightly different angle on the discussion around that audio clip and what it represents.

Then let's actually be real here. Once again an offensive play makers job is to score TD's. Vocalizing that a player wants to score a TD is not bad or wrong.

And you do know that the coaching staff actually has a job to do, right? Since it was a running play in this instance, you don't think the coaching staff explained to Chubb the situation and told him he should go down rather than take the ball into the end zone? Do you think a coaching staff just leaves it to chance that a player with all of the adrenaline rushing is going to think about that in the moment? If so what role do you think a coaching staff plays in this situation?

I feel had it have been a passing play the coaching staff would have told the WR's and TE's the same thing and that all of them, including OBJ would have followed those instructions. As I said before, I believe fans base their opinions on their feelings and don't actually think things through. It's the coaching staffs job to keep the players informed in such situations. i believe they did and Chubb followed those instructions the same way OBJ would have.

#gmstrong
M
Legend
Legend
M
j/c...

M
Legend
Legend
M

2 members like this: GMdawg, PitDAWG
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man

Makes sense if Watson doesn't play as well. He got all the snaps he needs against the opponent this week just in a more controlled environment.

Tackles are tackles.
2 members like this: Clemdawg, ScottPlayersFacemask
O
Legend
Legend
O
The players' job (offensive and defensive) is to help win games. Usually for an offensive player that means score TD's but sometimes it's a play that doesn't show up on (or even works against) their stat sheet. OBJ is about the stat sheet because that draws eyes and $$.

This is perfectly encapsulated in the clip we were originally talking about, but for some reason you want to ignore what's clearly there and go to bat for a guy that's not only no longer on the team, but bulldozed his way out. I don't understand why there's an argument to something so blatant.

-PrplPplEater
Legend
Legend
Good for DTR. It's a no brainer

P
Legend
Legend
P
The players' job (offensive and defensive) is to help win games. Usually for an offensive player that means score TD's but sometimes it's a play that doesn't show up on (or even works against) their stat sheet. OBJ is about the stat sheet because that draws eyes and $$.

Go ahead and ignore what I posted. The coaching staff I'm sure told Chubb in the case of him being able to score, to go down. That's their job. I'm sure had it have been a passing play they would have instructed the WR's and TE's the same thing and that OBJ would have followed those instructions.

This is perfectly encapsulated in the clip we were originally talking about, but for some reason you want to ignore what's clearly there and go to bat for a guy that's not only no longer on the team, but bulldozed his way out. I don't understand why there's an argument to something so blatant.

I don't know why you've created some fictitious scenario to try and prove a point that doesn't exist.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
What is the "fictitious scenario"??

P
Legend
Legend
P
That somehow the coaching staff doesn't instruct their players in such a situation and they're left on their own to consider and execute such things. And that somehow by some imaginary scenario OBJ wouldn't have gone down in the same situation based on saying he wants to score a TD. That's a reach of epic proportions.

#gmstrong
D
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
D
York still on the team?

If it's not Chaos, it's not Cleveland.
M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M

These guys are doing every team and every division and thought to pass along the Browns piece. It's pretty thorough, IMO.

Enjoy....or not.

Tackles are tackles.
1 member likes this: mgh888
M
Legend
Legend
M
Browns restructure Joel Bitonio’s contract.

M
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
M
Originally Posted by Milk Man
Browns restructure Joel Bitonio’s contract.

With the intent to rollover the $7.9MM to 2024? Perhaps to help pay for Watson?

Tackles are tackles.
Legend
Legend
Maybe sign a free agent kicker?

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Pure Football Forum Browns News and Notes, Continued....

Link Copied to Clipboard