Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
P
Legend
Legend
P
And if you'll buy that I'll make you a good deal on some ocean front property in Arizona. He's been lying to you since he said he would build the wall and Mexico would pay for it and you still believe this clown.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Montana man sentenced to federal prison for threatening to kill US Sen. Jon Tester

MISSOULA, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man was sentenced Thursday to 2 1/2 years in federal prison for threatening to kill U.S. Sen. Jon Tester in voicemails left at the Democratic lawmaker’s office.

Kevin Patrick Smith, of Kalispell, pleaded guilty in April to one count of threats to injure and murder a U.S. senator. U.S. District Judge Dana Christensen dismissed a second count as part of a plea agreement.

Smith, 46, made the threats because he was upset with Tester’s political decisions, court records said.

On Jan, 30, Smith made threatening phone calls to Tester’s office. The voicemails included threats to “rip your head off” and were laced with profanity. The caller acknowledged in a recording that he was threatening Tester “on purpose,” court records said. One voicemail challenged Tester to contact the FBI.

The FBI contacted Smith on Feb. 1 and told him to stop threatening the senator. But 10 days later, the threatening calls resumed, and Smith was arrested Feb. 22, the documents show.

The criminal complaint, which was later replaced by an indictment, said calls from Smith’s phone number to Tester’s office began in late 2022.

Tester is seeking his fourth term in the U.S. Senate. A third-generation farmer and former music teacher, Tester has leaned on a folksy speaking style and populist-themed messages to overcome Republican opponents in each of his last three elections.

A spokesperson for Tester, Harry Child, didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

https://apnews.com/article/senator-...J0ukjVOu-HywR-Q-CsINY9GxO19jW7QkH63iB60Y

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Originally Posted by PitDAWG
And if you'll buy that I'll make you a good deal on some ocean front property in Arizona. He's been lying to you since he said he would build the wall and Mexico would pay for it and you still believe this clown.

1. I don't believe anything Trump says.
2. I hope he goes to jail
3. I would never vote for Trump if he ran again
4. Stop making everyone who doesn't agree with the liberal agenda a trump supporter.
*Both extremes... maga and liberals are brainwashing the simple minds of America and driving a wedge between both parties.

Blocking those who argue to argue, eliminates the argument.
1 member likes this: FATE
P
Legend
Legend
P
Let me explain this to you. I'll try to do it slowly just in case that might help.

You posted a meme that feeds into the conspiracy that the timing of inmate #01135809 legal troubles are something orchestrated by the democrats to interfere in the election. That in fact IS the conspiracy inmate #01135809 and his supporters are using in defense of inmate #01135809. Playing coy about that isn't attractive. So whether you wish to admit it or not, you are in fact supporting the inmate #01135809 own story in defense of him.

And let me explain something else to you. I too dislike the extremes in both parties. Read my Joe Manchin thread for a reference. Here is who I consider inmate #01135809 supporters.

1. People who outwardly make excuses for him.

2. People who avoid even so much as addressing all of the things he has done and who use deflection to avoid it.

3. Those who post things that further his own message to make it look like it's somebody eleses fault that he's being convicted or make him out to be some sort of victim. Which is what you did.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Let me explain this to you. I'll try to do it slowly just in case that might help.

Yeah, daddy show off those beta fingers and how you type slower to show dominance.

P
Legend
Legend
P
It was an attempt to try to explain something you seem to be having trouble understanding. But I see you are following what seems to be a popular theme around here these days. Ignore every point that a poster makes and go after them instead. It is a great way of dismissing them and ignoring actually having a discussion. I'll give you that. Would you like to try again?

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
Originally Posted by superbowldogg

Yeah, daddy show off those beta fingers and how you type slower to show dominance.

LMAO. Thats hilarious.

Legend
Legend

4. Stop making everyone who doesn't agree with the liberal agenda a trump supporter.
*Both extremes... maga and liberals are brainwashing the simple minds of America and driving a wedge between both parties.

I suspect if you stopped making excuses for him, it would be clearer...

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: PerfectSpiral
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Fixed it for SBD

4. I voted for trump

A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives.
– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by EveDawg

LMAO. Thats hilarious.

Shallow minds think alike.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
In Iowa and elsewhere, bans on LGBTQ+ ‘conversion therapy’ become a conservative target

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — One of Iowa’s largest cities repealed its ban on “conversion therapy” — the discredited practice of trying to change a person’s sexual orientation or gender identity through counseling — after a Christian organization threatened legal action, part of a deepening national movement to challenge protections for LGBTQ+ kids.

The city council in Waterloo voted this week to remove its restrictions after Liberty Counsel warned in a letter June 30 that it would “take further action” if the city did not repeal the ordinance by August 1. It was enacted in May.

The organization, which is based in Orlando, Florida, argued the ordinance infringes on the constitutional right to free speech and acted on behalf of a therapist in Waterloo “who was concerned about the implications of this on the practice of counseling,” Mat Staver, Liberty Counsel founder and chair, said in an interview in which he promised further litigation targeting states.

In Iowa and across the country, efforts are spreading to curb the rights of LGBTQ+ kids and adopt restrictions on gender and sexuality in classrooms, youth sports and medicine. In recent years, local bans on conversion therapy in Florida also fell with the help of Liberty Counsel, which describes itself as a Christian ministry that is “restoring the culture by advancing religious freedom, the sanctity of human life and the family.”

Such therapy has been discredited and is opposed by, among others, the American Medical Association and the American Psychiatric Association, citing research that shows it leads to increased risk of suicide and depression.

“The mental health mainstream believes that one, that these practices don’t really work, and two, that they may cause harm,” said Dr. Jack Drescher, a Columbia University psychiatry professor and editor of the chapter on gender dysphoria in the psychiatric association’s diagnostic manual. “There’s no science on the side of people who believe in conversion therapy. There’s just faith and belief.”

Laws prohibiting mental health professionals from attempting to change a minor’s sexual orientation or gender identity are on the books in 22 states and Washington, D.C., according to the Movement Advancement Project, an LGBTQ+ rights think tank. In 13 states, including Iowa, some municipalities have adopted their own provisions.

The issue has the potential to come to a head in the next year if the U.S. Supreme Court decides early this fall to hear the appeal of a Washington state therapist, Brian Tingley, whose lawsuit was dismissed.

While early lawsuits similar to Tingley’s failed, a Supreme Court ruling in 2018 prompted a new round of cases, said Christy Mallory, legal director at the UCLA School of Law’s Williams Institute, which researches sexual orientation and gender identity. That ruling invoked free speech protections to block a California law that required anti-abortion centers to provide information about abortion.

In 2020, a panel of three federal judges in Florida relied in part on that 2018 ruling and became the first federal appeals court to block ordinances in Boca Raton and Palm Beach County that banned conversion therapy. Liberty Counsel represents the two therapists who won that case.

The diverging federal rulings in the Washington and Florida cases may be a reason for the U.S. Supreme Court to weigh in this term, bringing another high-profile LGBTQ+ issue to the docket.

Staver is confident the Supreme Court will strike down bans in the near future. And Liberty Counsel has imminent plans to sue over statewide bans, he said.

“I think it is a losing proposition for any state or local government to have one of these laws, and they would be wise to repeal them before they also are sued,” Staver said.

In Iowa, Senate Democrats and a Republican in the House introduced bills for conversion therapy bans that didn’t make it out of subcommittees in 2020. That was the last time there was a concerted effort for a ban in the state, said Damian Thompson, public policy director at Iowa Safe Schools, an organization that advocates for LGBTQ+ children.

Meanwhile, in Iowa and elsewhere, laws have since been passed to prohibit teachers from raising gender identity and sexual orientation issues with students through grade six, to restrict the restrooms transgender students can use, and to ban treatments like puberty blockers and hormone therapy for trans minors. Many are facing challenges in court.

Republican lawmakers say the laws are designed to affirm parents’ rights and protect children. The issues have become flashpoints in the race for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

But many parents and advocates worry about the deterioration of the rights and safety of LGBTQ+ kids.

In Waterloo, a city of over 65,000, Councilor Jonathan Grieder said he had heard concerns about conversion therapy happening in the area. He worked with Thompson at Iowa Safe Schools to draft an ordinance after watching statewide efforts stall but a ban pass in another Iowa city, Davenport, and in Linn County.

The Waterloo council approved it 6-1 in May, but overturned it 4-3 on Monday amid the prospect of costly litigation.

Archer Trip, of neighboring Cedar Falls, addressed the council before the repeal vote as a “survivor of conversion therapy” who had been placed there in high school.

“It does not work. Now, I am a proud queer man, but I am also here to protect everyone else,” Trip said. “We should protect our children.”

Archer’s twin sister, Nic Trip, who was also put in conversion therapy, testified: “Unfortunately, not all parents always make the safest decision for their children. What is the line of what is OK to do to our children?”

Mayor Quentin Hart said, not mentioning the Liberty Counsel, that there was “threat of impending litigation moving forward,” which put the members in a “tough situation.”

“I don’t believe that the Waterloo City Council are cowards,” Hart said. “I believe that they do have a decision to make tonight.”

The decision disappointed Thompson, who said Iowa Safe Schools will continue to advocate for local bans despite far-right groups’ success in turning a “common sense” issue into a “wedge culture war” one.

“Which is a shame,” Thompson said, “because in the meantime it only results in more kids being victimized and more kids, ultimately, receiving lifelong trauma.”

https://apnews.com/article/lgbtq-ga...nG76sNdqoOIMBTSpKnNeMv_Jf_NC8ql5AEQWDDV0

You know, the big claim on the right is that mass shootings are caused by people with mental health issues. But where's the push to fund and rebuild mental health in America? Well here it is! We're back to "pray the gay away".

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
You posted a meme that feeds into the conspiracy that the timing of inmate #01135809 legal troubles are something orchestrated by the democrats to interfere in the election.

So whether you wish to admit it or not, you are in fact supporting the inmate own story in defense of him.

And let me explain something else to you. I too dislike the extremes in both parties. Read my Joe Manchin thread for a reference. Here is who I consider inmate #01135809 supporters.

1. People who outwardly make excuses for him.

2. People who avoid even so much as addressing all of the things he has done and who use deflection to avoid it.

3. Those who post things that further his own message to make it look like it's somebody eleses fault that he's being convicted or make him out to be some sort of victim. Which is what you did.

A. I actually posted Trump's tweet. not a meme. He is his own demise. He is not a victim.
B. I am not supporting him. I was just sharing information from Trump's X social page.
C. People outwardly make excuses for various current or former presidents (not saying it's right) Ironically, you deflect more on Biden to Trump than anyone.
D. My point in the other thread was.... If anyone brings up anything about Biden, you immediately deflect and bring up Trump/#01135809/Tangerine/any other name you can think of. Try, just talking about Biden and not mentioning Trump and you also name-call/degrade/insult anyone who does not have your beliefs. Again, you are doing that in this thread.

Legend
Legend
What we have here is a constant state of people trying to control what rights you have vs what rights they think you should have. All brought on by people who are in the minority. All trying to make the majority do their bidding.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
P
Legend
Legend
P
I actually only brought inmate #1135809 into the Biden threads a few days ago. It was after months of Republicans ignoring everything that has happened which has been historical by any measure one could think of.

And you may wish to think back about who it was that railed against "everything PC". The claim was that they were tired of holding back and not being able to say what they felt and how they thought about things because it was labeled they weren't PC. Okay, they got what they wanted. And now they don't like it very much because it doesn't work "just for them". I tried explaining to them at the time they should be careful what they wished for to no avail. So I'm simply honoring their request.

Try being objective and actually looking at when I brought prisoner #1135809 into the Biden threads. You'll see it was very recent. Maybe just yesterday. So you can stop making it sound like it's been going on forever. And still not one single Republican on this board has addressed all of the criminal charges against trump and what he has done, including you.

And yes, all you did was help spread inmate #1135809 propaganda on this message board straight from his own website. And BTW- I'm not the one who labeled him prisoner #1135809. That was the state of Georgia for the criminal acts he's been charged with. But you don't wish to discuss that of course. Blaming me seems like a much better option for you and others.

And here I thought you were part of the movement for personal accountability.

#gmstrong
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Pit

Your stitch wears out quickly.

There will be no playoffs. Can’t play with who we have out there and compounding it with garbage playcalling and worse execution. We don’t have good skill players on offense period. Browns 20 - Bears 17.

H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Amen, we/ Americans want everyone to have the best life possible- but, we allow the 1 or 3 or 5 percent of people who have very different lives from the "norm" dictate to the majority- JMHO, it shouldn't be that way- stop catering to every possible situation.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by WooferDawg
Pit

Your stitch wears out quickly.

Not at all. I use Willow branches.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Hilarious that now GOPers want to defund law enforcement to protect Trump… You can’t make this crap up.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
P
Legend
Legend
P
On a much more serious note it appears Mitch McConnell had another episode where he appeared to freeze up today. I may not agree with his political platform but I hate to see this kind of thing happen to anyone. It's twice in a very short period of time.....

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
Yep it’s sad to see. He acted like he was stroking IMO. Definitely glitched.

Your feelings and opinions do not add up to facts.
Legend
Legend
This is hard to watch.

Although I feel for anyone who finds him/herself in such a state, I simply cannot forget that this man once reveled in his senatorial reputation as "The Grim Reaper." The man who killed bills for spite and Machiavellian gains. The man who touted as his crowning political achievement, the stonewalling of Merrick Garland's SCOTUS seat, and the subsequent addition of 3 SCOTUS seats under the following administration.

He was a very different man back then.

The present-day Mitch McConnell... I have sympathy and empathy for that guy. I'm a Human Being, not a ghoul.
The former Mitch McConnell- I'm actually OK with the idea that he is no longer with us.

Yes- I can hold both ideas in my head at once, with zero personal conflict.

#termlimits.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by OldColdDawg
Yep it’s sad to see. He acted like he was stroking IMO. Definitely glitched.

He could be having TIA's

I AM ALWAYS RIGHT... except when I am wrong.
1 member likes this: PitDAWG
Legend
Legend
Sad to watch.

#GMSTRONG

Daniel Patrick Moynahan

Damanshot
H
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
H
Amen, so may of these guys and gals cling to power for to long--term limits would solve lots of problems.

Please let us elect a President who isn't in/or past his/her seventies. And I'm not badmouthing all seniors- I am one.

We need younger blood.

"You've never lived till you've almost died, life has a flavor the protected will never know" A vet or cop
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
Originally Posted by Damanshot
Sad to watch.
Yes it is. Although I’m certain if this was a leading democrat the Goper’s would be making fun of him.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
I think there's a certain portion of both parties that would be mocking such a thing depending on who it had happened to. Let's not pretend that isn't true.

#gmstrong
O
Legend
Legend
O
My wife and I were talking about this and I'll say the same thing I said to her.

I really don't have a ton of sympathy. I feel the same way about Feinstein. They are clearly not fit for office. If they were anyone else doing any other job, their employer would figure out how to put them out to pasture. Instead, they get to continue to rake in all various benefits that are paid for by the taxpayer and call what they're doing "service to their country".

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
1 member likes this: dawglover05
Legend
Legend
agreed.

Feinstein: another poster child.

"too many notes, not enough music-"
Legend
Legend
It’s not hard to watch. It’s expected.

As I said a while ago, the people have the ability to enforce term limits by voting. The conservatives of Kentucky knew he was old as dirt, claimed he was part of the deep state establishment….and re-elected him anyway. He now more likely to die in office than worry about another primary, never mind a November election.

Tired of the term limit talk from my fellow Americans who have no intention of actually enforcing it.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
P
Legend
Legend
P
Two plead guilty to threatening government officials over elections

The guilty pleas in Arizona and Georgia carry possible prison sentences, and in both cases the defendants called for public officials to be killed.

Two people pleaded guilty Thursday in separate cases that involved calling for the deaths of public officials on election days following the 2020 presidential contest, federal prosecutors said.

Joshua Russell, 44, of Ohio, threatened a person in the Arizona secretary of state’s office by name, whom he called “a traitor to this country,” the Justice Department said in a statement.

“America’s coming for you, and you will pay with your life,” Russell said in a voicemail on Aug. 2, 2022, the day of Arizona’s primary elections. He made two other threats in September and November.

Russell pleaded guilty to one count of making a threatening interstate communication, the Justice Department said.

In Georgia, Chad Christopher Stark, 55, of Texas, pleaded guilty Thursday to one count of a sending a threat using a telecommunications device.

Stark on Jan. 5, 2021, posted a message to Craigslist in which he called for Georgia public officials to be killed.

“We’re going to make examples of traitors to our country,” Stark wrote, the Justice Department said.

Georgia held special Senate runoff elections that day, when Democrats ousted the two Republican incumbents. Two months earlier, Joe Biden won Georgia in the presidential election.

Threats to elections officials have skyrocketed after the 2020 election as former President Donald Trump and his allies have spread lies about the election’s having been stolen or rigged.

Forty-five percent of elections officials reported fearing for the safety of other elections workers, according to a poll released in April by the Brennan Center for Justice at New York University School of Law. The survey found 1 in 3 elections officials "have been harassed, abused, or threatened because of their job," the center said.

Russell faces a maximum sentence of five years in prison, and the charge Stark pleaded guilty to carries up to two years, prosecutors said.

Russell's sentencing is scheduled for Nov. 13, while a sentencing date has not yet been set for Stark, the Justice Department said.

Jazmin Alagha, a federal public defender representing Russell, said that “we respect this process and expect a fair result.” A defender listed as representing Stark did not immediately reply to a request for comment Thursday night.

The guilty pleas are the eighth and ninth convictions since the Justice Department formed an Election Threats Task Force to combat threats made to elections officials after the 2020 election. Fourteen cases have been charged by the task force, the Justice Department said.

“A functioning democracy requires that the public servants who administer our elections are able to do their jobs without fearing for their lives,” Attorney General Merrick Garland said in a statement Thursday.

The task force was launched in July 2021, around six months after a mob of Trump supporters attacked the U.S. Capitol and temporarily disrupted the formality of counting electoral votes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...0_vZ1OuSw4XKzYhuxss4OBM1vTB-_OWgEZNjdtdU

Murica!

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
I think there's a certain portion of both parties that would be mocking such a thing depending on who it had happened to. Let's not pretend that isn't true.

Maybe behind closed doors. Many Goper’s openly mocked and joke about Feinstein and RBG and you know it. And you can see how they joke and turn Biden’s speech impediment into an impeachable offense.

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
You obviously don't follow some of the same social media that I do. And whether Biden simply has a "speech impediment" alone is highly questionable.

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Alabama legislator agrees to plead guilty to voter fraud

Republican Rep. David Cole of Huntsville will plead guilty to a charge of voting in an unauthorized location. He will resign when he enters his guilty plea.

MONTGOMERY, Ala. — An Alabama legislator has agreed to plead guilty to a felony voter fraud charge that he used a fraudulent address to run for office in a district where he did not live, according to an agreement filed Thursday.

Republican Rep. David Cole of Huntsville will plead guilty to a charge of voting in an unauthorized location, according to a plea agreement filed in state court. He will resign from office on the day he enters his guilty plea.

Cole, a doctor and Army veteran, was elected to the House of Representatives last year. According to a plea agreement, Cole signed a lease in 2021 to pay $5 per month for a “5X5 space” in a home in order to run for office in House District 10. Cole had some mail sent there, but never lived there and never “stepped past the entry foyer” on the two times he visited the location, according to the plea agreement.

Alabama law requires candidates to live in a legislative district for one year before they run for office. Cole signed the lease for the space two days after a redistricting plan was enacted that placed the home, where Cole had lived since 2014, in another House district. Cole in 2022 signed a lease for an apartment in District 10, but he continued to claim a property tax break from the county by saying he resided at his house.

“Dr. Cole admits and takes full responsibility for the mistakes he made in the political process. He entered the process to serve his community. he has lived a life of service including serving for 22 years in the Army with tours in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Egypt,” Bill Espy, a lawyer representing Cole, said in a statement on Cole’s behalf.

According to the plea agreement, Cole will serve 60 days in the Madison County Jail and the remainder of a three-year sentence on unsupervised probation.

Cole’s arrest on Tuesday comes after accusations surfaced that he did not live in the district in which he was elected.

Elijah Boyd, the Libertarian candidate in the district, had filed an election challenge in civil court, arguing that Cole did not live in District 10 and was not eligible to represent the district.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/el...GX9VhPIPCa8chmMGwkt25A77MtTWcVigxafh2LLA

Hmmm, I guess there was voter fraud after all. Hopefully DOTD doesn't have temporary blindness so he can see a Republican criminal this time.

#gmstrong
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
According to who?

– Jackie Robinson
P
Legend
Legend
P
Originally Posted by PerfectSpiral
According to who?

Probably those you dislike and would never possibly agree with so what's the point? I mean according to trump's doctor and arrest report in GA. he's 215 pounds.

More than 6 in 10 say Biden's mental fitness to be president is a concern, poll finds

https://www.npr.org/2023/05/23/1177...ess-to-be-president-is-a-concern-poll-fi

I understand that you probably don't think 60% of Americans qualifies as "highly questionable".

#gmstrong
P
Legend
Legend
P
Conspiracy Theory Kingpin Calls for Hunter Biden’s Execution

At a wild pitstop of the ReAwaken America tour, headlined by Donald Trump Jr., Stew Peters demanded “permanent accountability” for another presidential failson

Conspiracy theorist Stew Peters made a startling demand for public executions at the latest stop on the ReAwaken America tour — calling for the death of Joe Biden’s son Hunter as well as Dr. Anthony Fauci, whom Peters insisted should “hang from a length of thick rope until he is dead.”

Peters speaks in the argot of the tin-foil-hat set. To hear him tell it, Fauci deserves the gallows because the federal physician-scientist supposedly backed a Wuhan “bioweapons lab” — and that this “illegal research” cost “millions of lives.” The younger Biden should get the “Julius and Ethel Rosenberg” treatment, Peters insisted, for the “treason” of “selling this country off to rich oligarchs.” Peters also demanded that Alejandro Mayorkas, the secretary of Homeland Security, be executed as “a treasonous traitor” because he has permitted legions of “rapists and murderers and killers and goons” to breach the border.

“In the world that we are going to build,” Peters declared, “traitors will hang.”

As Peters ramped up this violent diatribe, including with a call to drown doctors who care for transgender patients, no one cut his microphone. The North Las Vegas crowd didn’t recoil; rather, they filled the giant air-conditioned tent hall with hoots and hollers of approval. After Peters thundered his demand for “permanent accountability with extreme prejudice,” emcee Clay Clark treated Peters as if he were a WWE star. “Ladies and gentlemen,” he intoned. “Let’s hear it for Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Peters!!”

ReAwaken America is a traveling, far-right roadshow, headlined by pardoned criminal Gen. Michael Flynn, and Clark, the Tulsa-based entrepreneur radio personality. It has drawn raucous crowds across the country, with an atmosphere that’s part political convention, part religious revival, and part QAnon circus. Just minutes after Peters’ call for Hunter Biden’s execution, a different presidential failson, Donald Trump Jr., picked up the same red-white-and-blue mic, and began preaching to the MAGA minions about the dangers and “derangement” of the Left.

Peters couldn’t be a more natural fit in this setting. He is a media maven for a country hooked on conspiracy theories,catering to a religious, red-pilled audience that chooses to live in a dark irreality, full of horrific plots, satanic forces, and illicit knowledge. No longer just a sideshow on the right’s lunatic fringe, Peters, through his dark films and on his nightly streaming broadcast, is reaching an audience of millions. Increasingly, he’s playing host to elected officials, including sitting members of congress, at least one of whom praises him as a “friend.”

Peters is a prolific conspiracy content creator. In the last two years, he has churned out a pair of feature-length films — “Watch the Water” and “Died Suddenly” — each falsely purporting to reveal demonic plots behind the novel coronavirus and the “bioweapon” vaccines allegedly foisted on an unsuspecting public by a nefarious cabal.

His first film absurdly purported that Covid is connected to snake venom in the water, and that mRNA jabs transform humans into satanic “hybrids.” The second movie spreads the widely debunked conspiracy theory that Covid vaccines are causing an epidemic of heart failure — which Peters paints as part of a genocidal plot by “globalist” elites to “depopulate” the world. The noxious films have been streamed by tens of millions of viewers.

In addition to the viral success of his smooth-brained cinema, Peters has also built a large audience for his weeknight broadcasts of the “Stew Peters Show,” which has more than half a million subscribers on Rumble alone. Peters did not respond to an interview request to discuss his worldview or his calls for public hangings. But such calls to violence — in particular toward Fauci — are a staple of Peters’ schtick. As is lofting new, ever-more-absurd conspiracy theories, like that the Titan submersible was destroyed to prevent the public from learning that the Titanic was not, in fact, sunk by an iceberg but in a nefarious plot linked to the Rothschilds.

In a sane world, Peters would be politically radioactive. But the conspiratorial audience that Peters is building is, to be frank, a key component of the modern GOP base. And these days, Peters’ broadcast is not just filled with fellow-citizen crackpots. It’s becoming a venue for right-wing GOP politicians who treat Peters as just another media persona. Peters has interviewed many members of the United States Congress, including Paul Gosar, Bob Good, Pete Sessions, and Andy Biggs, who signed off with the encouraging words to Peters: “Keep preaching, my friend.” He’s also interviewed the anti-vax extremist Robert Kennedy, Jr., now a Democratic candidate for president.

Peters has long hungered for this kind of limelight. He grew up in Minnesota and first attempted to launch a career as a rapper, performing under the name Fokiss, pronounced “focus,” while sporting a frosted-tip mini mohawk.

His boastful bars included predictions of triumph: “The future looks real bright for Fokiss/ we’re planning shows in the tropics / I’m talking Grammys and Oscars.” But when his rap dreams fizzled, Peters turned to a different life on the edge — as a bounty hunter.

In this business, Peters was infamous for controversial outfits, including a dark uniform and a badge, that critics contended could be confused with law enforcement. The Minnesota legislature took this issue seriously enough to make changes to state law in 2015 that, as AP reported it, were “aimed mostly at curtailing Peters.” (At the time, Peters insisted he had no intention of being confused for a policeman. “We’re proudly bounty hunters,” Peters said. “I don’t go out to play cops and robbers.”) But Peters’ career catching bail hoppers petered out, around the time he ran afoul of the law himself in 2021 — reportedly getting sentenced to probation after a domestic dispute.

But by then, Peters’ conspiracy-laced, shock-jock enterprise was already taking off. His online show launched in 2020, just as the coronavirus pandemic struck. Is Peters a true believer in the garbage he peddles? Or a cynical man who found lucrative way to build an audience? In the end, any level of ironic detachment from the material matters less than surface-level ugliness that Peters is preaching to rapt crowds.

At ReAwaken America, Peters flashed the full, rancid, often bigoted, display of his conspiratorial repertoire. (Peters’ dark comments were first highlighted by Right Wing Watch.) The theme of his address was how “Trust the Plan” — a popular slogan among believers in the QAnon conspiracy — may be too passive, and why listeners must decide to make their own plan.

“The group of people who can sit around and ‘trust the plan’ are liberal Democrats,” he argued. “Our enemies have a plan. Our enemies’ leader has a plan. We all have one common enemy, his name is Satan,” Peters said, giving the speech a dark, biblical twist. “And right now his minions are trying to run this country.”

Even as he invoked the Good Book, Peters wove in the latest, utterly abominable conspiracy about the Obamas, suggesting Michelle Obama is secretly a man (known to believers of this hokum as “Big Mike”) and insisting, therefore, Barack Obama was the “first gay president” — with Peters sneering hatefully that liberals want “our first tranny president.”

Lacking a theory to peddle as much as just naked, bigoted disrespect, Peters then railed against “big, fat, black Fani Willis,” the Fulton County DA who indicted Trump for election crimes, before pivoting to a medley of Covid misinformation, and then adding a soupçon of QAnon: “Our opponents have a plan to make America communist, to overthrow our constitution,” he said, and “to turn our children into their painted sex slaves.”

In his ReAwaken calls for public executions, it should be noted, Peters did call for nominal trials before imposing the death penalty. But introducing a video of his speech on the Christian nationalist social network Gab, Peters seemed to suggest he’d be also alright with wild-west style justice.

“The plan is called EXTREME accountability,” he wrote. “So get your ropes ready…”

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...6mbjRFcGr8FLxIcCnx9dk3cRThb7cZninj1cr_Go

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
You shouldnt give a conspiracy theorist like him a platform.

P
Legend
Legend
P
Right wind extreme media sources do. I on the other hand post in in a fashion that shows it for exactly for what it is unlike what they do. If you fail to recognize the things that are going on around you, you deny yourself the ability to understand what's going on around you.

#gmstrong
E
Legend
Legend
E
When you repeat the nonsense youre just as bad. You could be unknowingly creating new radicals.

P
Legend
Legend
P
I think you're confused about what giving someone a platform means. Or maybe you're just being purposefully obtuse. I'm guessing it's the latter of the two. Giving them a platform would mean allowing them to spread their message unchecked. That's not what's happening here. Repeating his nonsense would be doing that and only that. I'm posting just how wrong and dangerous his message is. He is trying to create new radicals. I'm sending a warning out about it. If you tried really hard you could do much better than that.

#gmstrong
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Palus Politicus The GOP and what they’ve become +

Link Copied to Clipboard