Print Thread
JimDawg Offline OP
2nd String
OP Offline
2nd String

Legend
Legend
he's honestly one of my favorite Browns QBs

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
1 member likes this: JimDawg
Legend
Legend
Jacoby is an easy guy to root for.

He is just a good dude.

Legend
Legend
And truthfully he played pretty well last year

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
Originally Posted by Dawgs4Life

He really did. Without the 1:55 collapse vs the Jets, the missed 51 yard field goal vs San Diego, and the run defense vs Atlanta he would have handed the team off to Watson at 7-4.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg

He really did. Without the 1:55 collapse vs the Jets, the missed 51 yard field goal vs San Diego, and the run defense vs Atlanta he would have handed the team off to Watson at 7-4.

Which would have put us in the playoffs, despite Watson's mediocre performance.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
S
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
S
I always liked Brissett. I think it was a mistake to go with Watson last year.

#gmstrong
F
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
F
Originally Posted by FATE

THis isn;t meant as a slam to you, but the Watson comment made me think of this. Many in the media jumped on Watson for his performance after missing basically 1 3/4 seasons. It seems they expected him to be back in 2019 form after he played in about 3-4 games.

Fast forward to Joe Burrow's training camp foot injury and I heard one sports prognosticator say that with Burrow missing the pre-season, you can't expect him to be sharp until after a couple games. Just found it interesting,

Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by FORTBROWNFAN
Originally Posted by FATE

THis isn;t meant as a slam to you, but the Watson comment made me think of this. Many in the media jumped on Watson for his performance after missing basically 1 3/4 seasons. It seems they expected him to be back in 2019 form after he played in about 3-4 games.

Fast forward to Joe Burrow's training camp foot injury and I heard one sports prognosticator say that with Burrow missing the pre-season, you can't expect him to be sharp until after a couple games. Just found it interesting,

thumbsup Preaching to the choir, bro. Watson's performance last year was pretty much what I expected it to be. "Mediocre" was just a blunt assessment of what we watched. The people screaming that the rust should be gone after three games were just the background noise down the stretch-run of a craaazy season.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
P
Legend
Legend
P
I find that an odd spin to the story. What most people I heard say was they expected to see steady progress from watson over the course of those six games. Something that final season ending game provided evidence that we did not see. That one was a stinker.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
L
Legend
Legend
L
You shouldn’t make too much out of DW’s 2022 showing; rust, not in synch, not a lot of speed in the WR group. He looked unsure at times, which wasn’t surprising.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
P
Legend
Legend
P
I don't make a lot out of what we saw last season in terms of watson. But I think it's logical to conclude that as the starts went on there should have been signs of measurable progress with additional starts. The rust should have lessened, the timing with his receivers should have gotten better with more reps and his throws should have gotten more accurate as time went on. I mean you can point to the speed of the WR's but even when they were open his throws often times didn't look good.

He's had this entire training camp to overcome some of those things so I hope what we saw last season isn't indicative of what we see coming out of the gate this year.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
Legend
Legend
good point ... he actually got is in position to win 2-3 more games

DawgTalkers.net Forums DawgTalk Tailgate Forum I never realized how cool Jacoby Brissett was...

Link Copied to Clipboard