Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
F
I haven't seen any comments yet and I wasn't able to go back and find this play, but does anyone else feel like there was a blatant miss by officials when the Bengals nailed Watson well into his slide yesterday. IIRC, it was the drive that ended in a Ford fumble. Has anyone seen a replay and feel it absolutely should have been called?

It sure seems like Baker had gotten hit like with no call before and I remember a few years agio we were playing the Ravens and our QB (don't remember recall which one but maybe Josh McCown) but the snap was bobbled and our QB dropped and recovered quickly and was basically in the fetal position and the Ravens' DL pretty much speared him well after we had given up on the play.

For as much as QBs are protected they seem to let a lot go when it is us. I know I sound like a whiner, but good lord, be consistent.

1 member likes this: JimDawg
O
Legend
Legend
O
I think it was a missed call, but I struggle to call it blatant.

If Watson wants those calls, he needs to start consistently sliding a moment earlier and clearly be giving himself up. He instead looks to absorb hits.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the officials gave both teams some latitude due to the somewhat slip and slide field conditions.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
D
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
D
I don't think Watson slid feet first. Kinda a side ways slide.

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."
T
Dawg Talker
Dawg Talker
T
Do think it was a missed call.

But I do also think he's going to need to work on sliding.

Never needed to in college because he is a big dude and was able to run through people.

Otherwise. Refs are going to give him the Cam Newton treatment.

O
Legend
Legend
O
Originally Posted by Day of the Dawg
I don't think Watson slid feet first. Kinda a side ways slide.

I don't think I saw a single time throughout the game where he clearly slid and gave himself up. Even on the hit in question, he was leaning forward when contact was made.

There is no level of sucking we haven't seen; in fact, I'm pretty sure we hold the patents on a few levels of sucking NOBODY had seen until the past few years.

-PrplPplEater
F
Dawg Talker
OP Offline
Dawg Talker
F
Thanks guys, I will probably go back and watch teh game again, but I was listening yesterday and if "something big": happen I ran to the TV as I was doing other stuff.

Legend
Legend
I thought it was a late hit as well. Should have been called for the QB

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
P
Legend
Legend
P
I thought is was a borderline call either way and having a wet field I think the officials were probably right in making the no call.

Intoducing for The Cleveland Browns, Quarterback Deshawn "The Predator" Watson. He will also be the one to choose your next head coach.

#gmstrong
R
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
R
I know the play that you’re speaking of. It was early in the game. It wasn’t helmet to helmet, and the Cincy db led with his shoulder. At first glance, it looked like it should have been flagged, but when they slowed it down, it was a good no call imho.

1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
BpG Offline
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
He's not going to get a lot of these this season. His style, combined most likely with how the league views him after his allegations means he is not a protected QB.

Legend
Legend
Nah that was a good no call.

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

- Theodore Roosevelt
Legend
Legend
Originally Posted by RememberMuni
I know the play that you’re speaking of. It was early in the game. It wasn’t helmet to helmet, and the Cincy db led with his shoulder. At first glance, it looked like it should have been flagged, but when they slowed it down, it was a good no call imho.

Plus, his helmet didn't hit Watson, it hit his teammate coming in from the other side.
Definitely a good no call.

Browns is the Browns

... there goes Joe Thomas, the best there ever was in this game.

DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Bengals 3 Personal foul on late hit on Watson?

Link Copied to Clipboard