Next Thread
Print Thread
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
So I have been waiting where I can sit and type I do apologize I cannot so I thought let me start the thread and continue little by little.

I didn't see #1 Thornhill out there did he play? I saw Walker giving instructions to some DL during the game.
Delpit played great his coverage was excellent and he cam to hit and tackle which he did.

Thank you for Schwartz - what a coach as he was running up and down the sidelines and participated as much as possible. Not one of these stroke the chin and stand there like a statue ahem Stefanski.
I did not like his play calling at all. There did not seem to be any flow it was as if he was just calling plays that did not connect with each other.

Watson I was not pleased with although at the end of the game he seemed to take control. But it was his accuracy or lack of that got me down on him. Too many passes just thrown in the dirt as a wide open Cooper is standing there waiting for the ball. The lack of touch and accuracy on the long passes, I guess I've been watching too many old games on You tube where Bernie mastered to the long pass.

But Goodwin flew by the defender and was open long only to have to stop and play defender cause Watson just had to throw that ball much earlier or longer. Just bad execution.

Man our defense was AWESOME!! got to stop here - leg bleeding and I have to raise it...I should get use to using the lap top instead of the pc.

Oh got NFL ticket on you tube but looks like I won't need it till week 3.

Last opener win - was my last game I attended as our RG Paul Zuck sent tickets at Willl Call for me, wife and son. His fiance made me a board of pics from camp but I lost it as my ride got pissed at me I think cause I brought my wife to the game...smh I am so naive . Anyways haven't been there since for a game. This is the first year we are looking good.

Sorry about Conklin but it was something I expected to happen. So so happy for the Giant to get his shot. I love the kid and think he will be great. I took a look and he stayed with his man on passing plays Watson didn't have to pay attention to any pressure from there. Running plays mainly to Ford got no where but then we always run better left.

See you later but help yourself and tell us WHAT YOU SAW!
Go Browns

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
Legend
Legend
Wet heavy ball affected both qb's. Bad grip.

One team and one quarterback adjusted. One did not.

When conditions affect one phase of your game you have to adjust. DW athleticism allowed him to be effective as a runner.

Emerson, Ward, Newsome and Delpit covered like blankets. Thornhill did not play.

The pass rush started on the first play and did not end till the Bengals gave up and took a knee.

The best defensive performance in recent history.

Having Ogbo and Z allows Schwartz to free lance Myles. He played both ends and middle linebacker off center. The Bengals OL were on their heels all game. They had no answer. Even when they got two turnovers it did not matter. Moving Myles for confusion and matchup advantage is one hell of a weapon.

Offense can be influenced by conditions. Dome, wind, rain, snow, fog, temp, turf. So you constantly are having to adjust.

Defense translates easier. This defense is for real. Other teams will find out.

I don't like Moore lined up in the backfield unless he is a decoy. He is not a running back. I thought Ford was off in timing handoffs, slow and indecisive. Hard to judge the offense when conditions dictate change. That is the beauty of having Nick Chubb and a mobile quarterback.

I expect the offense to evolve and find their groove. I can see clearly what this defense is going to do.

Legend
Legend
Good point about Myles freelancing. It's like he's our queen on the chessboard ... last year we had all pawns, this year we have rooks and bishops ... so we can utilize Myles so much more effectively

"First down inside the 10. A score here will put us in the Super Bowl. Cooper is far to the left as Njoku settles into the slot. Moore is flanked out wide to the right. Chubb and Ford are split in the backfield as Watson takes the snap ... Here we go."
Legend
Legend
And last year we had a DC playing checkers.

HERE WE GO BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!!
1 member likes this: FORTBROWNFAN
O
Legend
Legend
O
I’m not going to defend DW’s play but simply point out that Burrow was worse. I think he will be decent this year even if we don’t get ELITENESS out of him. Our D will keep us in most games I suspect. And Watson is only one player on a very talent rich O. So, he can have an occasional off day, and we can still win.

Overall, I think the season looks bright at this point. Sure there were areas we could get batter at, but all in all we were solid.

Legend
Legend
I don't want to fall victim of getting too far ahead of where we are.

We won the first game at home. We played great defense.

Next game Monday Night. It really is one game at a time.

Partly cloudy slight chance of a shower. We will learn more about the Browns. The Steelers got beat and looked bad. They will be up for the game. They don't want to start 0-2.

The defense looks sustainable. The offense still has to click. We will need to win in more ways than one.

So Monday night will be in hostile grounds. I am hoping for another big defensive showing. I would like to see more from the offense.

If we start 2-0 with two North wins; the tone will change.

Legend
Legend
Strong D.. Week QB work but I'll give him a pass due to weather. I'd say he better get a lot better at his job in bad weather. Some folks say, hey, Burrows had a bad game also, but I think you can attribute that to a tough as nails D.

Chubb is as always, one tough SOB. That guy is amazing.

Oline did a decent job.

Dline was crazy good.

DB's were terrific

A few nice catchs by the WR's.

Nice catch by Harrison for a TD.

Overall, I loved watching this game. I the O continues to progress and the D stands tall we're in for a fun year.

#GMSTRONG

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
Daniel Patrick Moynahan

"Alternative facts hurt us all. Think before you blindly believe."
Damanshot
1 member likes this: lampdogg
L
Legend
Legend
L
Tabber, I re-watched the game last night. I saw this:

1. A secondary that was very tight in coverage. Their vaunted WR group did next to nothing, could NOT get open.
2. A pass rush that was all over their OL, and a run D that didn’t give them anything either.
3. A steady kicker.
4. Delpit come in fast on a safety blitz, right in Burrows’s face to disrupt the play and get a clean hit.
5. Watson was iffy early on but he seemed to get steadier as the game went on and made plays when we needed them: the TD run, a third-and/-10 completion to Cooper on the same drive and another beauty throw to DPJ on an intermediate out route to the sideline. Great job that DPJ hung on after taking a solid smack to knock him out of bounds.
6. We even out-punted them; our guy was much better than their guy.

[Linked Image from i28.photobucket.com]

gmstrong

-----------------

2023: The year we got a legit D.
1 member likes this: FATE
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
I think the ball being wet was a bigger factor than many people realized. I noticed as the game went along our receivers started body catching more. I think that was an intentional adjustment. I don't really remember seeing too many extended catches, but there were quite a few instances of the ball going through or off of hands. There's not just the slippery factor, but it looked like some of the game balls soaked up enough water to be considerably heavier than normal. There's one clip I saw where it looked like the weight of the ball moving as Watson was throwing it radically changed his center of gravity. Muscle memory is a big part of the success of professional athletes. When those muscles are suddenly dealing with a different weight than they are used to, that "memory" has to be re-calibrated. It's easy to say someone has to be able to play in bad weather, but there's not just a switch you can flip. I thought we did a much better job adjusting than the Bengals did.

Here's the throw I mentioned and Ford has a nice chip:

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
You mess with the "Bull," you get the horns.
Fiercely Independent.
E
eotab Offline OP
Legend
OP Offline
Legend
E
Watson, understand the conditions.

1. I could care less what Burrows did as a comparison. Our D was a big time factor. Rush and coverage.

2. I was not talking about the long passes that I understood he came up short and then long on was due to weather just too much looking in on Youtube games with Bernie in the 85-89 era with Bernie , Linday Infanti and Webster Slaughter.

3. My disappointment came on the wide open Cooper sitting down in a zone D and not much pressure. I'm not talking about the pass was at the knees or something - I'm talking about the passes being woefully short by 5 yards on a 12 yard route. He had a lot of reps in the preseason unlike Aaron Rogers or Burrow. Please don't sugar coat it. And don't get me wrong - I am no where giving up on him just a lot of room for improvement which is like scary for our opponents. I expect him to improve, still allowed as a fan to be disappointed as I look forward to what you all and media was selling us .

Got to go on that note - apologies.
Go Browns - I have been waiting a long time and I'm so happy for our Young fans who stuck it through. Ladies and Gents this is what the Browns are like and you all are going to enjoy this ride BABY!!!

Defense wins championships. Watson play your butt off!
Go Browns!
CHRIST HAS RISEN!

GM Strong! & Stay safe everyone!
DawgTalkers.net Forums The Archives 2023 NFL Season Looking Back: Browns 24 Bengals 3 What I saw Browns vs Bengals #1

Link Copied to Clipboard